Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1432113 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1128693 Apr 30, 2014
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>Didn't he donate to the dems? Perhaps they should defend him, huh?
he's a republican.

so you can see why the nutjobs have decided to defend him.

btw....before anyone knew he was a republican, no democrats were trying to defend him. unlike some, it seems they have no problem acknowledging his racism. but hey, i could be wrong about that.....

ok nutjobs, is Sterling a racist?
PDUPONT

Chicopee, MA

#1128694 Apr 30, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
If I were among the young and healthy whose hereditary illnesses hadn't caught up with them yet, I'm sure I would. Or the aged. Or someone with a chronic illness. Or someone who needed a lifesaving surgery but had to be put on a long waiting list.
You really should do more research into universal single payer systems around the world.
Many come here for urgent care. Not anymore. We won't have anywhere to go either.
The government struggles to manage the post office and the DMV. And can't even bend over to see its toes because it's gotten so obese to oversee and manage the welfare system.
How on God's green earth do you think the government is going to make health care run more efficiently?
I have researched single payer systems around the world Carol and they're doing just fine. Nobody goes bankrupt or loses their homes because of unpayable medical bills and contrary to your ignorant assertion those who need immediate life saving care are not put on waiting lists. Your assertion that many come here for urgent care is a myth that's been debunked a long time ago.
The USPS is working fine Carol despite Republican attempts to hobble it and privatize our mail delivery. We've sent numerous packages to my son and to out of state relatives and they always get there when they're supposed to.
It's state governments that run DMVs stupid so if you have issues with yours I'd suggest taking it up with your Republican controlled legislature. Maybe they should hire more people and open more branches instead of trying to operate on the cheap. I haven't had any issues with the Massachusetts DMV.
Public assistance programs are also running okay Carol with about a 1 percent rate of fraud.
You can stuff your government is too big crap; the ones who want smaller government want it for the same reason that criminals want fewer cops on the street.
The government through Medicare does provide access to healthcare more efficiently and with less overhead than big insurance.
Jesus McClaw

Westminster, CA

#1128695 Apr 30, 2014
Flack finished his business and wiped himself off with her lime-green Capri pants. She lay over the back of the sofa, naked except for her shoes, and cried quietly, a thing she'd done many, many sad times before... Flack's wife just sat at the kitchen table stone-faced and wondered how much longer it would be until she died...
Jesus McClaw

Westminster, CA

#1128697 Apr 30, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
about 50 percent of the Professors I studied under, when asked, were Marxist....
That's the thing about professors, they hardly ever let you be on top... am I right?

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#1128698 Apr 30, 2014
positronium wrote:
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>Obama campaigned on the platform of not lying, you see, and we trusted him.(open govt and transparency) You see, he failed to deliver and that is the only change that any president could have made in the history of our nation as well as the first.<quoted text>Not that I know of and he certainly didn't tout "CHANGE" as if it were a wedding vow, like Obama did, you see.
Obama campaigned on the platform of not lying, you see, and we trusted him.(open govt and transparency) You see, he failed to deliver and that is the only change that any president could have made in the history of our nation as well as the first real change.
Do you understand the importance of what I just said?
It also seems to me that Snowden delivered that promise of transparency and open govt and he, along with (soon to be) others, will be delivering that long awaited "change" instead of Obama.
In summary, Obama FAILED in epic proportions.
I see the gross ignorance in what you've said, but it's expected from brain dead zombies like yourself.

Obama delivered what Presidents have failed at for 100 years - Healthcare for All!!

And you losers hate him for that.

Tough shit for you, loser.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1128699 Apr 30, 2014
of course.....

Scientific American Editor: Fox Told Me I Couldn't Talk About Climate Change

A recent study by the Union of Concerned Scientists found that while misinformation about climate change was more or less common among cable news channels, Fox News led the pack by airing misleading coverage 72 percent of the time. The network's denial of global warming has been a subject of late night mockery, from Jon Stewart to "Saturday Night Live."

The rest of Moyer's tweets from behind-the-scenes at "Fox & Friends" described an uncomfortable experience, including an assistant who told him the missing Malaysia Airlines jet was hidden on a military base somewhere.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/scienti...

hidden jet?

crazy town.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1128701 Apr 30, 2014
Ken Ham Accuses Science of His Own Crime of Being a Religion Masquerading as Science

http://www.politicususa.com/2014/04/30/ken-ha...

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Trump 2016 and beyond

#1128702 Apr 30, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
More Democrat racists... Let's see how fast the Sterling story disappears now.
L.A. Clippers owner Donald Sterling, whom commentators tried to tie to the Republican party immediately after his alleged racist statements became public, has in fact only given money to Democratic candidates, according to campaign-contribution records.
Am I gonna hear crickets, LOL?
PDUPONT

Chicopee, MA

#1128703 Apr 30, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
But this really is a question I'd like someone on the left to answer.
If the government struggles to manage the post office and the DMV and can't even bend over to see its toes because it's gotten so obese to oversee and manage the welfare system, how on God's green earth can the government make health care run more efficiently?
You can repeat the same crap as many times as you want but it's still crap.
Once again nitwit the DMV is controlled by your Republican state government, not the federal government.
TheIndependentMa jority

Elyria, OH

#1128704 Apr 30, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
he's a republican.
so you can see why the nutjobs have decided to defend him.
btw....before anyone knew he was a republican, no democrats were trying to defend him. unlike some, it seems they have no problem acknowledging his racism. but hey, i could be wrong about that.....
ok nutjobs, is Sterling a racist?
Are you a pitchfork and toruc bearing, race baiting, Constitutional breaching, lock-step jack boot licking, mindless pre-programmed, flawless stepford filter?

(PEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEYEEEEEEEEEEE EEEWWWWW...ghetto, gutter level, Constitutional breaching, wanker dolluh grubbing, moraless EXTORTIONIST TRASH alert!!!)

“Never forget 9/11”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1128705 Apr 30, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
A 1974 Registration as a Repugnant stands.
He had four decades to change it, but never did.
That makes him a Repugnant. Period. End of story.
Continue to dance and dodge, fat girl.
All you do is prove what a weak minded moron you are.
But, but, but, 1974

Let's all pretend for the last two decades that Sterling donated to Dems only. Also a big supporter of NAACP

Let's look at Sterling's history while NAACP was lapping up all that money.

"•2006: U.S. Dept. of Justice sued Sterling for housing discrimination. Allegedly, he said,“Black tenants smell and attract vermin.”
•2009: He reportedly paid $2.73 million in a Justice Dept. suit alleging he discriminated against blacks, Hispanics, and families with children in his rentals.(He also had to pay an additional nearly $5 million in attorneys fees and costs due to his counsel’s “sometimes outrageous conduct.”)
•2009: Clippers executive (and one of the greatest NBA players in history) sued for employment discrimination based on age and race."

"What bothers me about this whole Donald Sterling affair isn’t just his racism. I’m bothered that everyone acts as if it’s a huge surprise. Now there’s all this dramatic and very public rending of clothing about whether they should keep their expensive Clippers season tickets. Really? All this other stuff I listed above has been going on for years and this ridiculous conversation with his girlfriend is what puts you over the edge? That’s the smoking gun?"

http://time.com/79590/donald-sterling-kareem-...
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1128706 Apr 30, 2014
What a world we live in...

White Racist NBA owner gotta go...

----------

Homophobic rappers get to stay...

'T-Pain says rappers won’t work with Frank Ocean because he’s gay'

http://consequenceofsound.net/2014/02/t-pain-...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1128707 Apr 30, 2014
Looking for complaints, Rick Scott instead finds praise for Obamacare

Gov. Rick Scott visited a senior center Tuesday to warn about cuts he said Obamacare is forcing in a popular version of the Medicare health program and to collect their horror stories.

What he found was a satisfied group with few complaints.

The 20 seniors assembled for a roundtable with Scott at the Volen Center were largely content with their Medicare coverage and didn’t have negative stories to recount.

And some praised Obamacare – a program that Scott frequently criticizes.

“I’m completely satisfied,” Harvey Eisen, 92, a West Boca resident, told Scott.

Eisen told the governor he wasn’t sure “if, as you say,” there are Obamacare-inspired cuts to Medicare. But even if there are, that would be OK.“I can’t expect that me as a senior citizen are going to get preferential treatment when other programs are also being cut.”

Ruthlyn Rubin, 66, of Boca Raton, told the governor that people who are too young for Medicare need the health coverage they get from Obamacare. If young people don’t have insurance, she said, everyone else ends up paying for their care when they get sick or injured and end up in the hospital.

Eventually, Rubin said, Obamacare will become more popular.“People were appalled at Social Security. They were appalled at Medicare when it came out. I think these major changes take some people aback. But I think we have to be careful not to just rely on the fact that we’re seniors and have an entitlement to certain things,” she said.

“We’re all just sitting here taking it for granted that because we have Medicare we don’t want to lose one part of it. That’s wrong to me. I think we have to spread it around. This is the United States of America. It’s not the United States of senior citizens,” Rubin said from her spot two seats away from the governor.

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/2014-04-29/n...

good stuff.

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1128708 Apr 30, 2014
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"uselesssinceforever000 "
Tell me this. Why will hairless reed not allow the bills passed by the house to come up for a vote. For crying out loud if they are so bad the senate will vote them down and brag about it. Are not those elected to the senate supposed to do their job and vote on bills?
So one more time, why will hairless not allow the senate to do their job and vote?
Peace
KMA
GPUAR
Because, it is a waste of time. The Senate has no obligation to reach across the aisle. That is the obligation of the minority. The House has been grandstanding and wasting time passing bill after bill that they very well know is dead on arrival in the Senate. My God! They voted to repeal the ACA how many times? 37? It's nonsense and the Senate would be not doing its job if it waste time address them. It's as simple as that.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1128709 Apr 30, 2014
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you a pitchfork and toruc bearing, race baiting, Constitutional breaching, lock-step jack boot licking, mindless pre-programmed, flawless stepford filter?
(PEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEYEEEEEEEEEEE EEEWWWWW...ghetto, gutter level, Constitutional breaching, wanker dolluh grubbing, moraless EXTORTIONIST TRASH alert!!!)
say what?

a common problem with your posts.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1128710 Apr 30, 2014
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>That should read "due to," Knucklehead. Another moran...
He probably meant doodoo

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1128711 Apr 30, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
You're confused, mistaken, dishonest and ignorant, the demorat authored mortgage meltdown caused the recession. But feel free to tell us how Bush caused the recession. If you can, or will.
It has been proven over and over and over again but you just don't want to hear it. Just keep those fingers in your ears crying, "I can't hear you" and see how far it gets you in the next election.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1128712 Apr 30, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
Looking for complaints, Rick Scott instead finds praise for Obamacare
Gov. Rick Scott visited a senior center Tuesday to warn about cuts he said Obamacare is forcing in a popular version of the Medicare health program and to collect their horror stories.
What he found was a satisfied group with few complaints.
The 20 seniors assembled for a roundtable with Scott at the Volen Center were largely content with their Medicare coverage and didn’t have negative stories to recount.
And some praised Obamacare – a program that Scott frequently criticizes.
“I’m completely satisfied,” Harvey Eisen, 92, a West Boca resident, told Scott.
Eisen told the governor he wasn’t sure “if, as you say,” there are Obamacare-inspired cuts to Medicare. But even if there are, that would be OK.“I can’t expect that me as a senior citizen are going to get preferential treatment when other programs are also being cut.”
Ruthlyn Rubin, 66, of Boca Raton, told the governor that people who are too young for Medicare need the health coverage they get from Obamacare. If young people don’t have insurance, she said, everyone else ends up paying for their care when they get sick or injured and end up in the hospital.
Eventually, Rubin said, Obamacare will become more popular.“People were appalled at Social Security. They were appalled at Medicare when it came out. I think these major changes take some people aback. But I think we have to be careful not to just rely on the fact that we’re seniors and have an entitlement to certain things,” she said.
“We’re all just sitting here taking it for granted that because we have Medicare we don’t want to lose one part of it. That’s wrong to me. I think we have to spread it around. This is the United States of America. It’s not the United States of senior citizens,” Rubin said from her spot two seats away from the governor.
http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/2014-04-29/n...
good stuff.
HA! I love it! The Jewish people in my town are savvy!

Crist 48, Scott 38 in new Q poll with Dem-leaning sample

http://www.postonpolitics.com/2014/04/crist-4...

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Trump 2016 and beyond

#1128713 Apr 30, 2014
Aphelion wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? Would those road construction and bridge jobs be the same ones that Obama himself stated weren't really shovel ready?
So to prove that you're not f*nking stupid you will have no problem listing all these road and bridge jobs that were actually completed and paid for under the stimulus.
Dimwit! You are quite the useful idiot for the democrats.
Did he say their graves would be shovel ready in November? I could agree with him on that.:)
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1128714 Apr 30, 2014
Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>
Panic??? About what?
Do you understand the concept of presidential veto?
Do you know who will be POTUS for the next three years?
Do you know have any idea what little chance there is of a Republican POTUS in 2016?
The worst case scenario for Democrats for the foreseeable future is the continued stalemate, that's the BEST case scenario for Republicans.
Hillary had a better chance of being elected in 2008 than she does now......

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Word (Dec '08) 1 min Wolverine33 6,747
last post wins! (Dec '10) 2 min honeymylove 2,547
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 min District 1 225,612
last post wins! (Apr '13) 9 min honeymylove 1,672
Chicago has the Worst Women 36 min Go Blue Forever 76
News Morning Spin: Trump's suburban Chicago fundrais... 1 hr Flying carpet 2
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 2 hr Ize Found 71,054

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages