Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1578884 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#1128907 Apr 30, 2014
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text>You missed the whole point of Affordable Healthcare Act. It wasn't to 'wean off employer-based insurance' ; it was to encourage MORE EMPLOYERS to provide work-based insurance for their employees so Government costs of maintaining insurance for needy people , poor children, elderly , etc.(Medicare +Medicaid) would go down.
And the end result was individuals actually paying for their own insurance got their policies cancelled, employers shifting full time work to part time, and at the end of it all there will still be the same number of people uninsured as before.
Looks like the result was opposite from what you say the intent was. That means, you're either lying about what the intent was, or you're an idiot because all of the results that are obvious today were predicted... by the TEA Party, no less.

“Stop child soldiers ”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1128908 Apr 30, 2014
Jay Carney is currently doing his best Lord of the Dance impression. Dancing all over this Benghazi question.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1128909 Apr 30, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
Conservatives Ponder Sterling Trutherism: Did Magic Set Him Up?
A few conservative pundits on Tuesday furthered a conspiracy theory that someone, possibly Magic Johnson, set up Los Angeles Clippers owner Donald Sterling's racist rant in order to buy the team.
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/conspir...
but what if a white guy buys the team? will Rush blame him for setting up Sterling?
LOL
or a scumbag rapper......

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2014/04/29/lis...
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1128910 Apr 30, 2014
Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll let you in on a little secret. A year or so ago I posted on here as BlueFlag. You probably don't remember because after a couple weeks I had an epiphany. No matter how polite I was the right wing morons turned every exchange into an ad hominem attack. Since I had no particular kinship to the avatar I was using I decided to use one of the attackers monikers and basically let him attack himself. Now that Eman has run off I might use one of Waxman's. He has so many I'm having a hard time picking one.
you are p h o n e y....

have you read how nice 'dem' is to folks on here?

geeze...louise...

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#1128911 Apr 30, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
You're fullofshit.
If there was a plan to compete with Obama's, where is it??
Loose talk about 'tort reform' and other nonsense was all your side offered, never anything close to a coherent policy.
Instead of fighting to defund Obamacare, how about the Repubs offering some changes to make it better??
You're a bunch of crybabies, still whining that you lost this issue.
As recent polls indicate, Obamacare is becoming more popular as people understand it better.
Your side has spent Billions to convince people it's terrible, but the effort is a failure, as recent meetings in FL have indicated, with Rick Scott looking more stupid than ever as retirees know it's a good thing for all America, not just old stupid, selfish white women like you.
Perhaps your news networks were keeping you ignorant of the counter proposals to ObamaKare that were made public in 2009. One of the primary components was, has always been, and is today to let insurance companies compete across state lines. Also, if you recall, the Democrats shut the door on anyone from the outside and didn't allow any discussion across the ailse about what to put and what to not put in ObamaKare.
Now, why would your so-called "news" network be keeping you ignorant, and this case obviously shows.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1128912 Apr 30, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
They say Sterling loves to sue, so will be surprised if this doesn't happen.
all professional sports have serious antitrust issues that they would like to avoid....

and note that Silver declined to answer how Sterling had violated the NBA criteria for stripping a franchise.....

“Stop child soldiers ”

Location hidden

#1128913 Apr 30, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Nonsense, you're simply trying to change the subject from Sterling's outrageous behavior by muddying the waters with others comments.
BS. You keep trying to bring all conversations back to Sterling. He is gone. Pack up your bags nothing left to gain.

Now how about the NAACP taking money from the racist all these years knowing full well he was a racist.

This is what you are avoiding discussing.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#1128914 Apr 30, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
You have had your fair share of people calling you dumb too and you admit to your fair share of grammar errors. People in glass houses throwing stones.
Why should Palestine not make compromises? It is ill informed to think peace talks is all one sided. Or do you mean well informed anti-Semitics think it should be one sided?
Difference is that you run away from your stupid statements once the truth is exposed. Happens all the time with you.

USAsince whips your dumb ass day in, day out.

What compromises?? It's Israel that keeps stealing Palestinian land to build settlements and turning Palestinian lands into Warsaw style Ghettoes.

Israel has adopted the methods theNazis used against them to terrorize the Palestinians.

Israel has been condemned in 45 resolutions by United Nations Human Rights Council since its creation in 2006, mostly for starving the Palestinians..
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1128915 Apr 30, 2014
my my...

White NBA owner who makes in appropriate comments has to go...

----------

College athlete, and Heisman Trophy winner, who received '“...an adult civil citation,” gets to stay...

http://tampa.cbslocal.com/2014/04/30/heisman-...
Aphelion

Melbourne, FL

#1128916 Apr 30, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Nonsense, you're simply trying to change the subject from Sterling's outrageous behavior by muddying the waters with others comments.
You have voiced complete support for three nasty racists. You are still doing so, in a more subtle way.
Phil Robertson:
“I never, with my eyes, saw the mistreatment of any black person. Not once. Where we lived was all farmers. The blacks worked for the farmers. I hoed cotton with them. I’m with the blacks, because we’re white trash. We’re going across the field.... They’re singing and happy. I never heard one of them, one black person, say,‘I tell you what: These doggone white people’—not a word!... Pre-entitlement, pre-welfare, you say: Were they happy? They were godly; they were happy; no one was singing the blues.”
We won't go into his preference for 14 year old girls.
----------
Cliven Bundy:
Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy claimed during a Friday interview on CNN that he didn’t understand the bipartisan outrage over his recent comments suggesting the "Negro people" were “better off” as slaves, and blamed the perception that he's racist on Martin Luther King Jr. for not finishing “his job.”
----------
Donald Sterling:
The audio recording has a male voice - identified by Stiviano and the NBA as Donald Sterling - chastising Stiviano for posting pictures of herself with black people to her Instagram account and admonishes her for wanting to be seen with black people. The male voice on the recording says that Stiviano can do whatever she wants in private, including having sex with black men, but should not post photos of them to the internet or bring them to Clippers' games.
Stiviano points out that she is black and Latina. Sterling says that is fine because she can seem like a "delicate white or delicate Latina girl."
----------
You can pretend you're concerned about all racism, but it's clear that you're only trying to excuse the racism of white people, much of it directed at our President.
As for blacks being racists, let me know when they begin holding white people as slaves.
Until then, shut your fat mouth, you little racist POS..
Just a few examples of prominent liberals/Democrats making equally insensitive or worse remarks. Just four months earlier, MSNBC's Melissa Harris-Perry had to apologize for a panel that mocked Mitt Romney's adopted black grandchild. Back in April 2012, former Washington, DC mayor and current city councilman Marion Barry was caught in a racial firestorm, after he ripped Asian-American small businesses in black neighborhoods and Filipino immigrant nurses working in local hospitals.

Or how about Al Sharpton's extensive racist past.

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/matthew-balan/20...
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1128917 Apr 30, 2014
my my...

----------

NFL player caught with a gun gets to stay

"Gun charges against Da'Quan Bowers reduced"

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/bucs...

Location hidden

#1128918 Apr 30, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
And the end result was individuals actually paying for their own insurance got their policies cancelled, employers shifting full time work to part time, and at the end of it all there will still be the same number of people uninsured as before.
Looks like the result was opposite from what you say the intent was. That means, you're either lying about what the intent was, or you're an idiot because all of the results that are obvious today were predicted... by the TEA Party, no less.
Still lying, eh Dweeb??

""GOP always feared Obamacare's success, not its failure""

""With sign-ups for private insurance nearing 7 million on the final day of open enrollment for Obamacare, Republicans are once again trying to unskew the polls. While Wyoming Senator John Barrasso accused the White House of "cooking the books," Ted Cruz (R-TX) pretended the number of uninsured Americans is actually rising.

Sadly, this conservative whimpering doesn't mean the GOP's all-out war on the Affordable Care Act is over. The avalanche of court challenges continues. The 50-plus repeal votes will continue to grow. The conservative misinformation campaign about mythical "death panels" and a bogus "government takeover of health care" left millions of Americans fearful and confused—the uninsured most of all—about Obamacare. Thanks to the refusal of many Republican-led states to accept the ACA's Medicaid expansion, over 7 million red staters will needlessly remain uninsured—and thousands of them will needlessly die as a result. Many of the same GOP-dominated states are blocking the work of Obamacare "navigators," despite supporting the same federal outreach program for Medicare for over two decades.

But this most grotesque act of political sabotage since the obstruction of Brown v. Board of Education was never about "freedom" or "states' rights" or "limited government" or "the doctor-patient relationship" or "consumer-driven health care." For Republicans, it was about power, pure and simple. Now as for the past 20 years, Republicans have feared not that health care reform would fail the American people, but that it would succeed. To put it another way, conservatives have dreaded the prospect that an American public grateful for access to health care could provide Democrats with an enduring majority for years to come.

We know this with certainty, because Republicans and their right-wing cheerleaders have been telling us so for over two decades.

----------

You're such a sore loser, Dweeb. Like you were with Rmoney's "Landslide".

BTW, did Rmoney attend Obama's 2nd Inauguration??

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1128919 Apr 30, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
color? i'm half Miami Indian.
that's what they all say.....

do you get a cut of the gambling revenue???...

http://www.miamination.com/mto/gc.html
Aphelion

Melbourne, FL

#1128920 Apr 30, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>

Israel has been condemned in 45 resolutions by United Nations Human Rights Council since its creation in 2006, mostly for starving the Palestinians..
And yet where was your outrage:

Iran—which leads the world in executions and recently ordered the hanging a 26-year-old rape victim—was voted late Wednesday into a coveted spot on the U.N. Economic and Social Council’s Commission on the Status of Women

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#1128921 Apr 30, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
you are p h o n e y....
have you read how nice 'dem' is to folks on here?
geeze...louise...
You reap what ere ye sow.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1128922 Apr 30, 2014

----------

while NFL player arrested for assault gets to stay...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000016673...

“Stop child soldiers ”

Location hidden

#1128923 Apr 30, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Difference is that you run away from your stupid statements once the truth is exposed. Happens all the time with you.
What compromises?? It's Israel that keeps stealing Palestinian land to build settlements and turning Palestinian lands into Warsaw style Ghettoes.
Israel has adopted the methods theNazis used against them to terrorize the Palestinians.
Here is proof USA's brilliance--

post1124603 p51839
USAsince1680 wrote:
USAsince1680 wrote:
<<quoted text>
So, how many miles do you think the Bundy ranch is from the proposes Chinese solar facility? It should be interesting to hear your "opinion"...
Go to post post1123738. I posted the information about Searchlight project in response to your post stating "What does this have to do with the Chinese Solar Project"
Your lame 200 miles was your strange response to it.

USAsince1680 wrote:
USAsince1680 wrote:
<<quoted text><quoted text>
We were never discussing the Dry Lake SEZ. You brought that up AFTER your lies about the association between the Bundy ranch and the Chinese Solar facility were exposed...
No I discussed Dry Lake SEZ in post1123226, post1123231
Chinese project wasn't until post post1123710
And you lied. My post1123710 showed the connection.

USAsince1680 wrote:
USAsince1680 wrote:
<<quoted text><quoted text>
FACT: The Dry Lake mitigation report has nothing to do with the Bundy Ranch. It doesn't even mention it.
What you have done is try to move the goal post away from your debunked claims regarding the Chinese solar facility to the Dry Lake SEZ. I'm not interested. I'm not going to follow you down that path. My focus is on Bundy's illegal actions and the area of conservation where his cattle freely roam..
That is a lie post1123226, post1123231 showed the connection and your response was a lecture on conservation. Unrelated, but did not refute what was said.
Folks it is worth your time to keep track of posts you make to this poster as you can see she is not exactly truthful in what was said.

----

Move along Nuk
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hamden, CT

#1128924 Apr 30, 2014
A severe case of libtardosis!
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1128925 Apr 30, 2014
NBA owner who makes inappropriate comments has to go...

----------

while this guy gets to stay...

'Jets RB Goodson found by a tow truck driver on Route 80; arrested on drug, weapons charges'

http://newjersey.news12.com/news/jets-rb-good...

Location hidden

#1128926 Apr 30, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps your news networks were keeping you ignorant of the counter proposals to ObamaKare that were made public in 2009. One of the primary components was, has always been, and is today to let insurance companies compete across state lines. Also, if you recall, the Democrats shut the door on anyone from the outside and didn't allow any discussion across the ailse about what to put and what to not put in ObamaKare.
Now, why would your so-called "news" network be keeping you ignorant, and this case obviously shows.
Oh, it's the 'alter boy'!!

The one who alternates with Sleazy Ed in licking Father O'Malley's Holy Relic!!

Tell us the lie about counting the collection plate money again, Dweeb. I need a good laugh. Did you count it with Fr. O'Malley's Relic up your bunghole??

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
----------

Yet you can't show us a single Repugnant Healthcare Bill in the House or Senate. Figures. You talk nonsense all the time. We're not talking vague 'proposals', we're talking about a full Healthcare plan to reform the broken healthcare system in the USA.

Which your side pretended wasn't broken until recently.

You're just an old, dumb sore loser who's been abused by a Catholic Priest!! That explains your insanity.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
last post wins! (Dec '10) 2 hr honeymylove 3,202
last post wins! (Apr '13) 2 hr honeymylove 2,603
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr ImPeach 242,522
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 2 hr Ricky F 105,230
Looking for a girl 3 hr Tyrone Harris 5
Hire Dedicated PHP Developers For 1 Week Free! 3 hr Medma Infomatix 1
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 4 hr SweLL GirL 11,160

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages