Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1660044 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“Stop Child Soldiers”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1128640 Apr 30, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Good point sonic, and so true.They are all like little sheepies and so predictable and transparent.
Another day of clichés and stereotypes regurgitated by progressive lemmings off to a mindless start.
TheIndependentMa jority

Elyria, OH

#1128641 Apr 30, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
The lil constitutional expert doesn't even know what the fk the first amendment affords.
He had the right to say what he wanted.
Now he faces the consequences of his actions. It's not a criminal case you tiny dumbfk commie.
Does resemble just more of the dark age witch hunting tacTICS of commie jacjkboot robbinghoodieTIC off of other others corruption, that's been so transparent of the czar wanna be types of this most recent "adminstration" (cough.)

IE: just more PEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEYEEEEE EEEWWWWWWWWWWWW race baiting.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1128642 Apr 30, 2014
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Himmmmm...wunner whoze wanting to thieve a baketball team, robbinghoodoetic and exotrtion stuhaisle.
Smells like more teenage level , CORRUPTion, of duh just more race baiting kinduh.
(IE: just more stoopid chit.)
In other news-Pensicola flooding- and it awrl "duh prezidinks faurlt!!" Shame on he!
who? maybe a white guy?

David Geffen: I Would Very Much Like To Buy The Clippers

http://www.forbes.com/sites/ryanmac/2014/04/2...

Rush will be very disappointed that's he lost another racist talking point.
TheIndependentMa jority

Elyria, OH

#1128643 Apr 30, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
They say Sterling loves to sue, so will be surprised if this doesn't happen.
He ought to-that's all really kind of just more..well... BULLCHIT.

Since: May 11

Gardners, PA

#1128644 Apr 30, 2014
Aphelion wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes we could have hundreds of thousands working at the cost of billions to the taxpayers what will fund these jobs.
Barack Obama’s big, bad government “stimulus” rode to the rescue by creating 30,383 private sector jobs.
Awesome, right!
Of course that “stimulating statistic” gets even better when you consider that the public cost of creating all those jobs was “just”$2.2 billion – or $71,500 per job.
The Obama administration – which released this data – said the job creation data from stimulus funding “exceeds our projections.”
Yeah … those must’ve been some incredibly crappy projections.
The 30,383 was released in October of 2009.

Just how f*cking stupid are you.

And the 2.2 billion spent on things like road construction & bridges actually provided bridges & improved highways.

To take the cost of a bridge & then divide it by the number of jobs created to assign a cost per job is just plain dishonest. We spent 2.2 billion on needed infrastructure projects.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1128645 Apr 30, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
So who is Sonic's rich handlers?
i'm my own rich handler.

“Stop Child Soldiers”

Location hidden

#1128646 Apr 30, 2014
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar on Donald Sterling: Welcome to the finger-wagging Olympics

Moral outrage is exhausting. And dangerous. The whole country has gotten a severe case of carpal tunnel syndrome from the newest popular sport of Extreme Finger Wagging. Not to mention the neck strain from Olympic tryouts for Morally Superior Head Shaking.

http://time.com/79590/donald-sterling-kareem-...

Very interesting and thoughtful opinion piece.
TheIndependentMa jority

Elyria, OH

#1128647 Apr 30, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
can't argue that point.
but i'm pretty sure Bush was holding the door open.
As any respectable, decent representative of protocol should've.

“Stop Child Soldiers”

Location hidden

#1128648 Apr 30, 2014
And now the poor guy’s girlfriend (undoubtedly ex-girlfriend now) is on tape cajoling him into revealing his racism. Man, what a winding road she led him down to get all of that out. She was like a sexy nanny playing “pin the fried chicken on the Sambo.” She blindfolded him and spun him around until he was just blathering all sorts of incoherent racist sound bites that had the news media peeing themselves with glee.

They caught big game on a slow news day, so they put his head on a pike, dubbed him Lord of the Flies, and danced around him whooping.

I don’t blame them.

“Stop Child Soldiers”

Location hidden

#1128649 Apr 30, 2014
What bothers me about this whole Donald Sterling affair isn’t just his racism. I’m bothered that everyone acts as if it’s a huge surprise. Now there’s all this dramatic and very public rending of clothing about whether they should keep their expensive Clippers season tickets. Really? All this other stuff I listed above has been going on for years and this ridiculous conversation with his girlfriend is what puts you over the edge? That’s the smoking gun?

He was discriminating against black and Hispanic families for years, preventing them from getting housing. It was public record. We did nothing. Suddenly he says he doesn’t want his girlfriend posing with Magic Johnson on Instagram and we bring out the torches and rope. Shouldn’t we have all called for his resignation back then?

sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1128651 Apr 30, 2014
Prior to NBA commissioner Adam Silver banning Clippers owner Donald Sterling for life for recorded racial comments asking his female friend V. Stiviano to stop publicly associating with black people, the Golden State Warriors had planned a complete walkout that they hoped would have included the Clippers players had the punishment not been strong enough, Marcus Thompson of the Mercury News reports.

The Warriors were going to go through pre-game warm-ups and take part in the national anthem and starting line-up introductions. They were going to take the floor for the jump ball, dapping up the Clippers players as is customary before games.

Then once the ball was in the air, they were just going to walk off. All 15 of them.

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2014/4/295666862/...
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1128652 Apr 30, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Another day of clichés and stereotypes regurgitated by progressive lemmings off to a mindless start.
I agree, you baggers should at least go to something besides the IRS, Bengazi, Obamacare , Syria, I suggest you get in touch with Issa and inform that idiot.. Then we would have one idiot addressing another idiot..Kinda appropriate.

“Stop Child Soldiers”

Location hidden

#1128653 Apr 30, 2014
So, if we’re all going to be outraged, let’s be outraged that we weren’t more outraged when his racism was first evident. Let’s be outraged that private conversations between people in an intimate relationship are recorded and publicly played. Let’s be outraged that whoever did the betraying will probably get a book deal, a sitcom, trade recipes with Hoda and Kathie Lee, and soon appear on Celebrity Apprentice and Dancing with the Stars.

The big question is “What should be done next?” I hope Sterling loses his franchise. I hope whoever made this illegal tape is sent to prison. I hope the Clippers continue to be unconditionally supported by their fans. I hope the Clippers realize that the ramblings of an 80-year-old man jealous of his young girlfriend don’t define who they are as individual players or as a team. They aren’t playing for Sterling—they’re playing for themselves, for the fans, for showing the world that neither basketball, nor our American ideals, are defined by a few pathetic men or women.

sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1128656 Apr 30, 2014
Basketball legend Kareem Abdul-Jabbar on Tuesday praised NBA Commissioner Adam Silver's decision to ban Los Angeles Clippers owner Donald Sterling for his racist comments.

"I'm just thrilled with what Commissioner Silver did. He got on the case immediately and got to the bottom of whatever mysteries that there were involved in this, and figured out what the truth was and his actions and focus were so on the mark. It was unbelievable," he said in a press conference following the NBA's announcement.

"I think most of the players I've spoken to just since the press conference feel the same way, and we're looking forward to some very positive changes that will make this city an even more wonderful place than it already is."

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/kareem-...

Since: May 11

Gardners, PA

#1128657 Apr 30, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove Bush destroyed one single job, Dopey.
by Thomas J. DiLorenzo
The thousands of mortgage defaults and foreclosures in the "subprime" housing market (i.e., mortgage holders with poor credit ratings) is the direct result of thirty years of government policy that has forced banks to make bad loans to un-creditworthy borrowers. The policy in question is the 1977 Community Reinvestment Act (CRA), which compels banks to make loans to low-income borrowers and in what the supporters of the Act call "communities of color" that they might not otherwise make based on purely economic criteria.
The original lobbyists for the CRA were the hardcore leftists who supported the Carter administration and were often rewarded for their support with government grants and programs like the CRA that they benefited from. These included various "neighborhood organizations," as they like to call themselves, such as "ACORN" (Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now). These organizations claim that over $1 trillion in CRA loans have been made, although no one seems to know the magnitude with much certainty. A U.S. Senate Banking Committee staffer told me about ten years ago that at least $100 billion in such loans had been made in the first twenty years of the Act.
So-called "community groups" like ACORN benefit themselves from the CRA through a process that sounds like legalized extortion. The CRA is enforced by four federal government bureaucracies: the Fed, the Comptroller of the Currency, the Office of Thrift Supervision, and the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation. The law is set up so that any bank merger, branch expansion, or new branch creation can be postponed or prohibited by any of these four bureaucracies if a CRA "protest" is issued by a "community group." This can cost banks great sums of money, and the "community groups" understand this perfectly well. It is their leverage. They use this leverage to get the banks to give them millions of dollars as well as promising to make a certain amount of bad loans in their communities.
Funny how you dumbasses can only find one article to try to blame the CRA.

You o realize that the CRA passed in the 70's right? So, according to you, it sat idle for over 20 years & all of a sudden sank the economy. Do you people ever listen to what you are saying?

Anything to make an excuse for the total failure of the Republicans under Bush.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1128658 Apr 30, 2014
Clippers Feel Sorry For Sterling's Wife, Allow Her To Attend Game

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/clipper...
TheIndependentMa jority

Elyria, OH

#1128659 Apr 30, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
who? maybe a white guy?
Imagine if there really was a czar type control freak-that banned free speech of people acting like wankers in they own wanker homes every time someone got they feelinks hurt...
Mehbe it would kinda look like what we've seen alot of over the past few years?

Why..there'd be no one left in the seats at dem dar commie tic type baketball games.

PEEEYEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWww...sme lls like a 4rth ammendement breach lawsuit fo'sho!

(IE: breaching the Constitution do seems to be a forte of some of this "admnistration" !)
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hamden, CT

#1128660 Apr 30, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
who? maybe a white guy?
Mornin' racist. What color are you? A hypocrite or just another old white guy Democrat race baiter?
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hamden, CT

#1128661 Apr 30, 2014
Obamacare will lower health care costs!

You can trust me!
dem

United States

#1128662 Apr 30, 2014
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>Does resemble just more of the dark age witch hunting tacTICS of commie jacjkboot robbinghoodieTIC off of other others corruption, that's been so transparent of the czar wanna be types of this most recent "adminstration" (cough.)

IE: just more PEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEYEEEEE EEEWWWWWWWWWWWW race baiting.
You right wingers always talk about personal responsibility then when one of yours gets caught you call it race. baiting. Are you saying he isn't in control or responsible for what comes out of his mouth?
Kinda like fork face being responsible for the Koch in his mouth.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Chris Matthews.....not him? 22 min Snarky Joins Club 1
News Random act of kindness in turbulent world (Jan '10) 2 hr said everyone 6
Trump is A 4 hr Maverick 808 196
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 hr loose cannon 243,104
News Use of 'retarded' as derogatory term is offensi... (Jun '08) 6 hr Tardos-get lost 6,656
News Rauner courts black votes with $1M investment (Oct '14) 8 hr RaunerRUN Away 15
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 9 hr honeymylove 11,602

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages