Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1384159 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Obama is a joke

Emmaus, PA

#1127589 Apr 28, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Galt proves once again hew is dumber than a pile of horse sh*t.
About 10-12% of eligible voters do not have a photo ID.
The vast majority of these are poor and elderly.
These 10-12% are also disproportionally black.
It has to do with being poor not being black.
The Republicans pass these laws because they will prevent more Democrats from voting than Republicans.
So when Republicans pass these laws, they are well aware that they will be stopping a disproportional number of blacks from voting.
Do they have ID's to cash their welfare/SS checks? How about to buy liquor/cigarettes? To get on an airplane? To go to the doctors?

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#1127590 Apr 28, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>i'd say you are having more hallucinations...they do seem to be where you get most of your information about the world...
You seem to be in a severe state of denial. But, that is common in cults lke yours. You know, when you see someone's face in the blue field on an American flag, you know you're dealilng with a mindless cult.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1127591 Apr 28, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>the bible attempted to create and infallible god yet the god of the bible is not infallible.
that god they attempted to create does not exist.
Again, you just keep babbling and running away.

Back your bullshit up. Prove it. You give a reference. Show your proof.

The definition of religion is a belief based on faith. You make statements you can't prove as a matter of an unfounded belief, a belief based on faith.
You're just another religious nut in the world.
Those who rationally deduce there may be a God, but recognize that they cannot define him in detail are not a problem in the world. Those people like you, who assume to have the knowledge of God, then pontificate your speculations as if it is universal fact, are the problem in the world.
Just like other categories you assign to people, you accuse others of being what you, yourself, are guilty of.

“Depends on the Day”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1127592 Apr 28, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
The Republicans pass these laws because they will prevent more Democrats from voting than Republicans.
So when Republicans pass these laws, they are well aware that they will be stopping a disproportional number of blacks from voting.
In 2007 Georgia passed a photo ID law

"The number of photo IDs issued by Georgia to individuals who did not already have one of the forms of ID acceptable under state law is remarkably small, averaging less 0.05 percent in most years, and not even reaching three-tenths of 1 percent in a presidential election year. Georgia’s actual experience matches other data, such as a survey conducted by American University of registered voters in Maryland, Indiana, and Mississippi. It found that less than 0.5 percent of respondents had neither a photo ID nor citizenship documentation.[4] A 2008 election survey of 12,000 registered voters in all 50 states found fewer than nine people who were unable to vote because of voter ID requirements.[5] This completely contradicts the unsupported claims of voter ID opponents that there are hundreds of thousands of voters in every state who do not have a photo ID or the claims of the Brennan Center that “as many as 11% of United States citizens…do not have government-issued photo IDs.”[6]

The increase in turnout of both Hispanics and blacks in the 2008 presidential election after the voter ID law became effective is quite remarkable, particularly given the unproven and totally speculative claims of the Justice Department that the voter ID requirements of Texas and South Carolina will somehow have a discriminatory impact on Hispanic and black voters.[7] In fact, Georgia had the largest turnout of minority voters in its history."

http://www.heritage.org/research/reports/2012...

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1127593 Apr 28, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
How did they prove ther were eligible voters, moron?

I've got an idea, though. You know all those school busses that empty the school district parking lots every election day? Use those busses to go pick up all those people who you claim can't go get an ID, and take them to the ID getting place.
Now that we've solved that problem, what other problem do you have?
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1127594 Apr 28, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
The clown doesn't know that being an "engineer" in the Navy can mean a lot of different things, to include being an actual engineer, which Carter was not.
You're so right my little dweeb.

So tell me, where did I claim he was an engineer with a degree son?

Oh wait! Better still, show me where they offered nuclear engineering degrees back then!
dem

United States

#1127595 Apr 28, 2014
Obama is a joke wrote:
<quoted text>Do they have ID's to cash their welfare/SS checks? How about to buy liquor/cigarettes? To get on an airplane? To go to the doctors?
Yet you cry about buying a health plan?
Do you want big government or not?
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1127596 Apr 28, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
The definition of religion is a belief based on faith. You make statements you can't prove as a matter of an unfounded belief, a belief based on faith.
Those who rationally deduce there may be a God, but recognize that they cannot define him in detail are not a problem in the world. Those people like you, who assume to have the knowledge of God, then pontificate your speculations as if it is universal fact, are the problem in the world.
Just like other categories you assign to people, you accuse others of being what you, yourself, are guilty of.
You obviously have a religion based on lies son.

Or one on guessing...

Or a combination...
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1127597 Apr 28, 2014
Emeemama wrote:
<quoted text> lily is also losing her eyesight.
It's obvious that Lily has also lost her sense of smell...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1127598 Apr 28, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! Of course!
This is why I don't make an issue of it. All you need to do is just sit back, relax and watch the brainwashed idiots make their clueless and emotional claims while you enjoy a nice cold brew-skie!
you make a great point, but will a shot of scotch work? or maybe 2.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1127599 Apr 28, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
i just did. are you attempting to argue a topic you don't have even the slightes knowledge of? again?!?!

no one has rationally deduced there must be a god...no one..

the god of the bible does not exist. to date, there isn't one single teeny shred of credible evidence of any god, gods or goddesses. not one.

Since: May 11

Gardners, PA

#1127600 Apr 28, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
"utility factor"???...... you mean make it easy for the fools to waste their money???....
terrible odds are terrible odds and the lottery has the worst odds possible.....
The utility factor says that betting a couple of dollars that you could easily spare to buy a couple Powerball tickets where you could win millions is a good bet. You won't miss those dollars if you lose & winning is a life changer. Even though the odds say no.

Likewise, if you have 100 million in the bank, its not a good bet to wager 99 million of it on a bet even if you could double your money with 80% chance of winning because the gain does not radically change your well being where a loss would cost nearly all your money. Even though the odd say it is a good bet.
Obama is a joke

Emmaus, PA

#1127601 Apr 28, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Color-Blindness is not allowed in Magic Negro's Amerika. Racism is taught in grade schools and all the way up to Affirmative Action University and beyond into the Affirmative Action workplace.
We have a President who is half-white but declares himself for all practical and political purposes to be black. Why? Because that's where the Liberal Media keeps the focus.
Why go off focus?
Hahaha, funny how that works, isn't it??? I wonder why he never speaks out about all the blacks that kill blacks? How about the blacks that kill whites? How about speaking out against racist blacks like Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, and Jeremiah Wright.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1127602 Apr 28, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
except that Rush said that Sterling was registered as a Republican.....
your Soros website drops the ball again.....
transcript.

i don't believe anything you say.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1127603 Apr 28, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>You're so right my little dweeb.
So tell me, where did I claim he was an engineer with a degree son?
Oh wait! Better still, show me where they offered nuclear engineering degrees back then!
when did 'they' start handing out degree's in 'climatology'?????
Obama is a joke

Emmaus, PA

#1127604 Apr 28, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet you cry about buying a health plan?
Do you want big government or not?
What does buying a health plan have to do with voter ID?
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1127605 Apr 28, 2014
ask a satellite...

'There has been no global warming for 50.4% of the satellite temperature record.'

http://stevengoddard.wordpress.com/2014/04/26...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1127607 Apr 28, 2014
Limbaugh: This guy is a big Democrat.

http://www.politico.com/story/2014/04/rush-li...

face it Galt. the guy is an idiot.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1127608 Apr 28, 2014
'Consensus' in action...

remember when 'the continents' moving was crack pot science?

http://www.ucmp.berkeley.edu/geology/techist....

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1127609 Apr 28, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
How did they prove ther were eligible voters, moron?
I've got an idea, though. You know all those school busses that empty the school district parking lots every election day? Use those busses to go pick up all those people who you claim can't go get an ID, and take them to the ID getting place.
Now that we've solved that problem, what other problem do you have?
c you find one single case of voter fraud that ID at the polls would have prevented? no one else seems able to...

why do you want to waste our tax dollars for nothing?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 8 min WelbyMD 214,645
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 2 hr TRD 70,614
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 3 hr CrunchyBacon 102,045
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 5 hr SweLL GirL 8,466
Instagram fitness journey FOLLOW 6 hr Tylerwkline 1
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 6 hr The Donald_ 59,545
Quit trashing Obama's accomplishments. He's don... 7 hr Go Blue Forever 11
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages