Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1419190 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1127357 Apr 28, 2014
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yeah, he's a real gem:
Around 2:30 A.M., there was a commotion on the dance floor. According to Williams, somebody was shouting,“He’s got a gun!” Following a crowd into the club’s garage, Williams discovered that Grimm and the husband had returned, and Grimm was holding a weapon. Grimm was “carrying on like a madman,” Williams said.“He’s screaming,‘I’m gonna fuckin’ kill him.’ So I said to him,‘Who are you?’ He put the gun back in his waist and said,‘I’m a fucking F.B.I. agent, ain’t nobody gonna threaten me.’”
Grimm left the club, but at 4 A.M., just before the club closed, he returned again, according to Williams, this time with another F.B.I. agent and a group of N.Y.P.D. officers. Grimm had told the police that he had been assaulted by the estranged husband and his friends. Williams said that Grimm took command of the scene, and refused to let the remaining patrons and employees leave.“Everybody get up against the fucking wall,” Williams recalled him saying.“The F.B.I. is in control.” Then Grimm, who apparently wanted to find the man with whom he’d had the original altercation, said something that Williams said he’ll never forget:“All the white people get out of here.”
http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/newsdes...
What a nice, young, conservative, republican man....
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1127358 Apr 28, 2014
Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
White Democrats may be more racist then white Republicans. It's not like any of the Democrats will admit it in a poll.
What a load
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1127359 Apr 28, 2014
<quoted text>
Why are you arguing about racism?
Guilty conscience.....
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1127360 Apr 28, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
I am saying the progressives throw too many false flags claiming racism when it is a policy disagreement.
Your opinion has been noted, son.....
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1127361 Apr 28, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
So, a black person who disagree with the progressive viewpoint are "uncles"?
you can try to spin it all you want, but when a black person goes on FOX and forwards right wing myths so he can bolster the right wing view of black people, and puts FOX money in his pocket for doing it, that person will be called a Tom by any black person who has the misfortune to have heard his words.
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hamden, CT

#1127362 Apr 28, 2014
<quoted text>
Like what policy disagreement?
You really need to try and keep up, Airhead Racist.
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hamden, CT

#1127363 Apr 28, 2014
<quoted text>
Why are you arguing about racism?
I suspect he is because racists like you made a typical deceitful boneheaded remark. Try to keep up, racist.

Since: May 11

Gardners, PA

#1127364 Apr 28, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Not true, white on black is pretty evenly divided with Rep having a marginal lead-couple percentage points.
Black on white is titled to progressives.
So, Chris Rock is your go to man for political science?
I'll go with the opinion of a person that is the target of the racists & not a person who continually protects & defends racists.

Rock's statement happens to be an accurate summary of racism in America.

Since: May 11

Gardners, PA

#1127365 Apr 28, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
I am saying the progressives throw too many false flags claiming racism when it is a policy disagreement.
You mean like the policy of stopping the Republicans from voter suppression ( tilted towards minorities, with their photo ID voter requirements?
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1127366 Apr 28, 2014
Wha'ts great about the likes of incognito and roxlo is they're simply negative and just sit there like a lump on a log.

They having no problems telling YOU what they think is wrong with YOU....

... but they have a BIG problem telling you how they're going to fix it.

... and an even BIGGER problem acknowledging their own party flaws!!!

Since: Mar 14

Orlando, FL

#1127367 Apr 28, 2014
Sherwin W wrote:
<quoted text>There is an incompetent guy in the White House who would not have been elected either time if he had been white.
Also, any other black Democrat, the likes of Charlie Rangle or Ezekiel Cummings, wouldn't have stood a chance. It had to be a cool, young, GQ-looking black guy.

But a little history. In 1888, Frederick Douglass was invited to speak at the Republican National Convention and received one vote so, technically, he was the first black presidential nominee and a Republican.

In 1904, George Edwin Taylor, ran as a black Democrat at the same time Southern Democrats were enacting laws that disfranchised most black voters and were imposing segregation through “Jim Crow” laws. Not a good time to run as a black president.

Also, Northern Democrats were unwilling (or unable) to control their Southern counterparts and Taylor abandoned the party.

(It was a time when lynching was creeping northward and "scientific" racism was gaining acceptance within the nation’s intellectual and scientific community. So much for "science" being the "be all and end all" for the liberal "intellectual" gullible about evolution and global warming.)

In 1972, Shirley Chisholm, a Democrat, ran for the presidency.

In 1984 and 1988, Jesse Jackson was the first black candidate to run nationwide.

In 2004, Carol Moseley Braun and Al Sharpton were unsuccessful candidates in the Democratic primaries.

Like I said, it had to be a cool, young, GQ-looking black guy. Enter Barack Obama!

“Short-circuit Hillary”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1127368 Apr 28, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
you can try to spin it all you want, but when a black person goes on FOX and forwards right wing myths so he can bolster the right wing view of black people, and puts FOX money in his pocket for doing it, that person will be called a Tom by any black person who has the misfortune to have heard his words.
So having a policy disagreement is being a "Uncle Tom"? Noted

The total intolerance of progressives to viewpoints different from their own.

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1127369 Apr 28, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Again, your 'logic' indicates you believe reich wingers are more Christian without using religion as a tool.
So sad.... so sad...
Right?! She repeatedly claims that liberals "use Christianity to pursue an agenda" while constantly claiming the conservative agenda is Christ-like. She can't possibly get more illogical and hypocritical. But that is what I have come to expect of religious fanatics...most of whom described themselves as former "sinners".

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1127370 Apr 28, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>What a nice, young, conservative, republican man....
his death threat to the reporter showed what an upstanding citizen he is also...

“Short-circuit Hillary”

Location hidden

#1127371 Apr 28, 2014
So how much has the intolerant progressives effected?

Well their intolerance is now making science fiction political.

"Politics don't belong in science fiction"

"There was a time when science fiction was a place to explore new ideas, free of the conventional wisdom of staid, "mundane" society, a place where speculation replaced group think, and where writers as different as libertarian-leaning Robert Heinlein, and left-leaning Isaac Asimov and Arthur Clarke would share readers, magazines, and conventions

But then, there was a time when that sort of openness characterized much of American intellectual life. That time seems to be over, judging by the latest science fiction dust-up. Now, apparently, a writer's politics are the most important thing, and authors with the wrong politics are no longer acceptable, at least to a loud crowd that has apparently colonized much of the world of science fiction fandom"

http://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2014/04...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1127372 Apr 28, 2014
Yeah wrote:
Wha'ts great about the likes of incognito and roxlo is they're simply negative and just sit there like a lump on a log.
a winning formula to take back the WH.

ROTFLMAO

“Short-circuit Hillary”

Location hidden

#1127373 Apr 28, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean like the policy of stopping the Republicans from voter suppression ( tilted towards minorities, with their photo ID voter requirements?
Unsupported claim. In NC the number of black voters increased after initiating photo ID
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hamden, CT

#1127374 Apr 28, 2014
<quoted text>
What a load
At least you admit it!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1127375 Apr 28, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
So having a policy disagreement is being a "Uncle Tom"? Noted
The total intolerance of progressives to viewpoints different from their own.
huge diff between policy and right wing myths. no relation of any sort that i can see.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1127376 Apr 28, 2014
Yeah wrote:
my fove is how they both toss out absolutely verifiably false information as if it is fact...and then just run from it..

or in incognitos case, just post it the next day as if it is now true again...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 7 min 2all 222,525
Suboxone 14 min Sick in Chicago 1
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 22 min Brian_G 61,049
here we go - now i suppose we will see full cou... 1 hr Blood on his hands 1
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 2 hr Sublime1 103,456
last post wins! (Dec '10) 6 hr honeymylove 2,425
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 10 hr GEORGIA 1,938

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages