Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1278290 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Patrick n Angela

United States

#1126486 Apr 26, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
"You will know them by their fruits."
~Jesus Christ
Anyone can hide behind Christianity to pursue any agenda or for any purpose.
But you and sonic should really focus on the New Testament. It changed everything. You'll know what Christianity is all about. Before Christ's coming in the New Testament and the first churches, there was only Judaism and the Old Law.
"You will know her by her birfoon posts on thread...."
LOL

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1126487 Apr 26, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
The money changers desecrating the temple really tee'ed off the Savior.
It'd be like a business trying to make a buck inside a church.
But capitalism isn't a religion. It's an economic system that actually works if the government minds its own business and only provides minimal oversight to protect consumers.
So not sure what your "point" is exactly.
Evangelists of today are the "money changers" of yesterday and God is pissed.
ptbw forever

Louisville, KY

#1126488 Apr 26, 2014
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
I watch the
PBS News hour
BBC
BBC America
when I can I also like to watch
Xinhua
DISHA NHK
LOL
MSNBC is more trustworthy than the BBC, and that is saying something.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1126489 Apr 26, 2014
John Doughtrhz wrote:
<quoted text>this is the strangest site. If I sat down 18 hrs per day and just typed, I wouldn't waste as much time as pole do here.
i'm remixing music at the same time.

these peeps could only wish they were making $50 an hour while slamming right wing nonsense.
Patrick n Angela

United States

#1126490 Apr 26, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Evangelists of today are the "money changers" of yesterday and God is pissed.
Right Wing Media Elite does not like Pope Francis....
Seems he is making a good start

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

United States

#1126491 Apr 26, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>wow1 you really a idiot! you just admitted your god planned for that little child to be abused...
i love watching you make an ass of yourself...it makes me laugh.
You are no professional driver either. You are just a common sh*t stirrer, boy. You are also an abuser of every poster on these threads so what makes you any better than the abuser of that girl you speak of......? Run, you little sh*thead parasite. It's not your wood. You are the one being entertained by your own stupidity.
No Surprize

Largo, FL

#1126492 Apr 26, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
i'm remixing music at the same time.
these peeps could only wish they were making $50 an hour while slamming right wing nonsense.
AND... What's he difference between a 59yr old racist loser mixing music and a savings bond?

One will mature and make money you idiot...

You are a loser by choice sonicmoron...

It's the culture..

Location hidden

#1126493 Apr 26, 2014
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>Your demokkkrat party maintains the KKK, skinheads, Black Panthers, communists and all sorts of other racist groups and vile vermin like NAMBLA..
FDR Jim Crow conservative demokkkrats, LBJ, others were actually racist liberals...
Harry S. Truman, dabbled with the Klan... A demokkkRatic party that promulgated that welfare state yet which, 50 years ago, was for segregation and Jim Crow you idiot...
The DNA of the demokratic party is inbred with hate and racism...
It's the culture....
Facts matter. Your opinion doesn't.

FACT: David Duke was a former Grand Wizard of the Knights of the Ku Klux Klan and a former Republican Louisiana State Representative. He's yours. You own him.

FACT: Leroy Eldridge Cleaver, a conservative Republican, was an early leader of the Black Panther Party. He's yours. You own him.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1126494 Apr 26, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
seeing as how you don't even believe in data......
sonic dodges once again...isn't your back sore by now?

http://us.macmillan.com/innumeracy/JohnAllenP...

Lapeer, MI

#1126495 Apr 26, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
he needed that right wing media training.
'Just don't tell anyone you're a racist! Other than the other racists.'
You obviously don't need Liberal Boot Camp Training:'Just don't tell anyone you're a liar! Other than the other liars.'

Lapeer, MI

#1126496 Apr 26, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
NBA Investigating Clippers Owner's Racist Comments
The National Basketball Association is investigating an audio recording of racist comments made by Los Angeles Clippers owner Donald Sterling, ESPN reported on Saturday.
The audio recording, obtained and put online Friday by TMZ, captured Sterling telling his girlfriend that he did not want her bringing black people to his basketball games.
"It bothers me a lot that you want to broadcast that you’re associating with black people," Sterling says on the tape. "Do you have to?"
The argument took place on April 9, according to TMZ, after Sterling's girlfriend, V. Stiviano, posted a photograph on Instagram of herself posing with NBA legend Magic Johnson. On the tape, Sterling also told Stiviano not to bring Johnson to games. A spokesperson for the NBA called Sterling's comments "disturbing and offensive" in a statement to ESPN.
"We are in the process of conducting a full investigation into the audio recording obtained by TMZ," NBA spokesperson Mike Bass told ESPN. "The remarks heard on the recording are disturbing and offensive, but at this time we have no further information."
Sterling's comments had received widespread condemnation by Saturday afternoon. Johnson himself reacted to the recording, vowing not to attend another Clippers game while Sterling remains owner, and calling the comments a "black eye" for the NBA.
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/nba-inv...
another guy who needs some right wing media training.
The trapdoor on sonic's racist skivvies is wide open tonight!
No Surprize

Largo, FL

#1126497 Apr 26, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Facts matter. Your opinion doesn't.
FACT: David Duke was a former Grand Wizard of the Knights of the Ku Klux Klan and a former Republican Louisiana State Representative. He's yours. You own him.
FACT: Leroy Eldridge Cleaver, a conservative Republican, was an early leader of the Black Panther Party. He's yours. You own him.
A Nancy Pelosi apologizing for soldout democratic slavery, Clinton's boy fetching us coffee, Obama's 6th grade teleprompter and Special Olympic bowling skills, Bigot Joe Biden's racist Delaware Jokes, Rahm Emanuel speaking "f**king retard" and a Supremacist Racist Harry Reid, whom was caught with his sheet showing and Jesse Jackson "I just want to cut that n***er's f*ckin' nuts off!!".. ROFLMAO!

The DNA of the demokratic party is inbred with hate and racism...

The Teachers, Keepers and Bigoted Tools of Racism and Enslaved Plantation Hate...

It's the culture...
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1126498 Apr 26, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
You can mow my lawn, son! Can you afford the gasoline to mow my law, son?
You have grass in the snow son?

I guess I need to bring the gas since in your country that's how things are run, eh?

Location hidden

#1126499 Apr 26, 2014
Patrick n Angela wrote:
<quoted text>
Right Wing Media Elite does not like Pope Francis....
Seems he is making a good start
Pope Francis is a breath of fresh air in a room full of fake Christians. He speaks from the heart which is something the right wing lacks.

Lapeer, MI

#1126501 Apr 26, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Pope Francis is a breath of fresh air in a room full of fake Christians. He speaks from the heart which is something the right wing lacks.
If you spoke from the heart, your dentures would freeze shut.

Lapeer, MI

#1126502 Apr 26, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
Why we made Cliven Bundy a folk hero
First, as I’ve long lamented, there is a pattern of conservatives embracing someone who is being bullied by the government or the mainstream media, and turning them into some sort of folk hero. But this “the enemy of my enemy is my friend” philosophy is dangerous.
Just because someone is being victimized does not bestow upon them the quality of virtue. What is more, the fact that someone is standing up to our political enemies (think Donald Trump, Ted Nugent, et al.,) does not, in and of itself, make them a worthy or honorable partner.
Yet, we find conservatives trapped in a cycle of abusive relationships. It’s almost like a trap. It usually goes like this: Government or the media oversteps its bounds, conservatives embrace the un-vetted victim, who — once feted and promoted on cable TV and talk radio (this is good business for conservative media, allowing them to pander to their viewers and listeners, and drive their political agenda)— says or does something utterly stupid. Then, MSNBC (and other liberal outlets) then spend weeks covering the boomerang part of the story.
… And then we repeat the cycle a few months later. What almost always starts out as a boon for conservatives leaves them with egg on their face.
Conservatives do this to themselves. In the grand scheme of things — with scandals like Benghazi and topics like Iran to cover — should it matter that some rancher in Nevada is a racist? Should it matter what some random guy thinks about race relations? Of course, not! But it’s hard to make that argument after you’ve spent weeks building him up just so someone else can tear him down.
So why do conservatives keep doing this?
Here’s a theory: When the 1992 Ruby Ridge standoff resulted in the death of Randy Weaver’s wife and son — and when the disastrous 1993 Federal raid on the Branch Davidian in Waco, Texas took place — it’s fair to say that it did have a negative impact on the Clinton Administration (*Note: The Ruby Ridge standoff occurred in 1992, on President George H.W. Bush’s watch).
Both events were tragic, of course, but they also (understandably) fed an anti-government sentiment that was very good for the nascent conservative entertainment complex. Could it be that conservatives are still fighting the last war?
Like the aforementioned examples, Cliven Bundy had an “armed militia of supporters.”(As the New York Times recalled in 1995:“The Ruby Ridge confrontation involved an armed separatist brigade. The Davidians were also well equipped with weapons.”)
So if you are a conservative talk radio host, for example, might you not look at Bundy through the prism of Ruby Ridge? In the beginning, it might have been easy to assume Bundy would also go out in a blaze of glory, becoming a sort of martyr. And in this scenario, it would have been important to have staked out a pro-Bundy position before the government turned him into a real folk hero.
Instead of killing him, the Obama Administration, it turns out, simply assassinated his character. Or, more precisely — they gave him enough rope to hang himself.
It would have been better for the anti-government forces, I suppose, had Bundy met with a different fate.
Dead men tell no tales, they say. They also don’t make racist comments.
Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2014/04/25/why-we-made...
Your racist Copy-n-Paste finger is busy as hell tonight. Gonna burn a cross on somebody's lawn?

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#1126503 Apr 26, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi there name stealer and dishonest Obama supporter.
Do you think anyone here thinks anything you say matters?
Nope.
Do you realize you just responded to something you claim doesn't matter?
Your stupidity has no limits. You don't even understand your own posts.

Lapeer, MI

#1126504 Apr 26, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Sonicfilter always remains silent when Dem jokes about Jews being gassed in ovens.
He has no credibility, not do any of the other Democrats/Obamabot Commies here.
They simply invoke the race card to divide people and spread hate to try and gain Democrat voters.
All of them here are vermin, for sure.
sonic is approaching racist climax tonight. His fingers are in erection position on the keyboard.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1126505 Apr 26, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
The trapdoor on sonic's racist skivvies is wide open tonight!
didn't want you to feel lonely.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1126506 Apr 26, 2014
Progressive Retardation wrote:
<quoted text>Perfect, knew you were a hateful racist P O S, thank you chief
no problem.

at least I'm not in right wing denial.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 43 min Joe Balls 197,105
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Mothra 54,601
News Should prostitution be less illegal-or more? 2 hr robert 4
"Slave clothes" My New, Original Work by Patric... 2 hr Outlaw Entitlements 2
Kim K has such a large azz, it turns me OFF. 3 hr Condoms unnecessary 1
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 6 hr contrary opinion 100,673
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 6 hr 40ish 6,443
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages