Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1404230 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1127333 Apr 28, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
Headlines today show Filipino's burning an Obama effigy. The Philippines are one of our longest standing allies.
The Filipinos don't want U.S. bases in their country. They know Obama has made the U.S. a weak world presence and know he wouldn't care less about them either in the event of a worst case scenario.
Military bases in any country under this president just makes them an easy target. Even our allies know it.
many of them didn't want us there for a long time...why are you so uninformed and willing to prove what an idiot you are in public?

they burned many effigies of Bush also...

do try to keep up, idiot.

https://www.google.com/search...

Since: Mar 14

Orlando, FL

#1127334 Apr 28, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
He didn't rot on the cross and who are you to say that his bones are now dust on Golgotha? Have you visited his grave site and exhumed the body?
He supposedly went to Heaven.
He left a note for you. It says that he's coming back and Boy! is he pissed!
Hundreds of people witnessed his ascension.

Of course, Ezekiel did describe a "wheel within a wheel" that "looked like polished bronze" in the sky and he left the earth too.

Just saying. Extra-dimensionals is what I like to call them - not extra-terrestrials. Some are good and some are bad. Just my theory.

Still one creator and one God who holds all of us and the entire universe in his hands - in a spiritual sense, of course. God is spirit, truth and love the scriptures tell us. And Jesus was still sent by God so we would know him and live peacefully together.

But I do believe we're all connected somehow.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1127335 Apr 28, 2014
Sherwin W wrote:
<quoted text>I've never paid $8000 a night for a hotel room. But then again, neither did Michelle Obama.
they wouldn't let you in the door of that hotel...

they wouldn't let you mop their floors.

lets start with your wealth, huh?

Since: May 11

Gardners, PA

#1127336 Apr 28, 2014
Sherwin W wrote:
<quoted text>I've never paid $8000 a night for a hotel room. But then again, neither did Michelle Obama.
I'm guessing you have no security team or Secret Service guidelines.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1127337 Apr 28, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting, but the author of most of these changes lost in the primaries to someone who said he was being too radical.
Again, you are attempting to generalized and paint the whole state due to the actions of a few.
OMG, Texas just became a Blue state!!

give me a break.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1127338 Apr 28, 2014
http://www.cnn.com/2014/04/25/tech/mobile/sco...

"Washington (CNN)-- The Supreme Court will undertake a major examination of privacy in the digital age, holding oral arguments Tuesday on a pair of appeals over whether police must obtain a warrant to search data on the cell phone of a person under arrest.

Criminal suspects in Massachusetts and California were convicted, in part, after phone numbers, text messages, photos and addresses obtained from personal electronic devices linked them to criminal drug and gang activity.

Potentially far-reaching rulings are expected in June.

The appeals are separate from President Barack Obama's review of National Security Agency surveillance of metadata phone records.

The search cases give the justices a timely opportunity to reenter the public debate over the limits of Americans' privacy rights, with a focus on the ubiquitous cell phone and its vast storage of information and video.

Recently, that has left judges nationwide divided over how to apply a 40-year-old high court precedent, which allows searches of items a suspect possesses after arrest.

Should law enforcement have such easy warrantless access to possibly incriminating, even embarrassing, digital evidence, or should exceptions be created?...

...At issue: safety and evidence vs. privacy

The Constitution's Fourth Amendment protects against "unreasonable searches and seizures."

But the high court has repeatedly affirmed the government's discretion to conduct warrantless initial pat-downs and searches of people and vehicles -- to ensure officers' safety and prevent destruction of evidence. That included a 1973 ruling upholding the police search of a suspect's crumpled cigarette box, where heroin capsules were discovered. The motorist had first been stopped on suspicion of driving on a suspended license in Washington, D.C.

Similar law enforcement searches can include other closed containers, such as wallets and address books, even if it is not initially apparent the items are contraband or dangerous.

But privacy advocates and defense attorneys argue that portable, easily storable technology makes these appeals different.

"Modern cell phones provide ready access to a vast array of personal data, and are distinct from the types of possessions, such as cigarette packages and footlockers, this (high) court has previously considered," said Jeffery Fisher, a Stanford University law professor who is Riley's attorney.

"Thus, a search incident to arrest could, at the touch of a button, become a search of private and confidential information such as medical records, banking activity, and work-related e-mails," he said...>"
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hamden, CT

#1127340 Apr 28, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
The Republican Party is at war with itself. And as tempting as it might be for Democrats to gloat from the sidelines, it is in all of our interests—Democrats, independents, and Republicans—to make sure the Tea Party doesn’t win. In 2014, candidates of both parties should challenge their rivals to sign a No Shutdown Pledge and a No Default Pledge. In House races, candidates should be asked whether they’re willing to violate the ridiculous Hastert rule and allow simple up-or-down votes on legislation that could pass with bipartisan support, no matter who holds the majority. In Senate races, they should be asked whether they’re willing to make it harder for bipartisan legislation to be filibustered by a Ted Cruz or a Mike Lee.
Democrats and Republicans can argue all they want over the role of government, but we cannot allow the Tea Party to continue holding the country hostage over its kamikaze mission to destroy government. The vast majority of Americans reject that mission, and we’re not about to sacrifice ourselves or our democracy as collateral damage. It’s time for all of us to get together and fight the crazy.
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/10...
ECONOMY CONCERNS MAY DOOM DEMOCRATS
Much of the discussion around ObamaCare and midterms has centered around the question of whether ObamaCare is working or not. How good or how bad the controversial law is will take years to reveal. A new poll out from National Journal, however, reminds us what the problem for Democrats this year is. It’s not the policy per se, but the belief among voters that President Obama’s policies are hurting their chances for prosperity

http://www.nationaljournal.com/next-economy/p...
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1127341 Apr 28, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
Anyone heard any news about the Afghan War recently? Are we still fighting a war? Because it sure seems like no one remembers it.
Moran alert

Orlando, FL

#1127342 Apr 28, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
The Magic Negro is still on his Apology Tour.
But this time around, people are laughing and yelling at him.
Obama's playing soccer with a robot in Japan while Biden is dealing with Ukrainian leaders.

Seems backwards to me. Sure hope Biden is reassuring the Ukrainians (like he did here) that Obama does, in fact, have a big stick! They'll probably get a good laugh too.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1127343 Apr 28, 2014
Sherwin W wrote:
<quoted text>There is an incompetent guy in the White House who would not have been elected either time if he had been white.
it was the incompetent white guy who came before him who walked Obama into the WH.

“Depends on the Day”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1127344 Apr 28, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
too bad for you that it's not the white folks who're crying Uncle every time a black 'conservative' gets paid to read from the FOX teleprompter.
So, a black person who disagree with the progressive viewpoint are "uncles"?

Orlando, FL

#1127345 Apr 28, 2014
Sherwin W wrote:
<quoted text>There is an incompetent guy in the White House who would not have been elected either time if he had been white.
And that is one of the truest statements on here.

“Depends on the Day”

Location hidden

#1127346 Apr 28, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Like Chris Rock said paraphrasing "Not all Republicans are racists but if you are racist, you're most likely a Republican".
Far Far Far more racists are right whiners than liberals.
To claim they are equally spread is beyond ridiculous.
Not true, white on black is pretty evenly divided with Rep having a marginal lead-couple percentage points.

Black on white is titled to progressives.

So, Chris Rock is your go to man for political science?

“Depends on the Day”

Location hidden

#1127347 Apr 28, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
STILL You defend the racist & slur slingers by implying everything sad bad about Obama has to do with his policies.
You know damn well that is not true.
There are lots of racists out there that can't stand that a black man is President & living in the White House.
Why do you insist on protecting these people?
I am saying the progressives throw too many false flags claiming racism when it is a policy disagreement.
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hamden, CT

#1127348 Apr 28, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
To an admitted racist like SonicMoron they are.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1127349 Apr 28, 2014
Yeah wrote:
Boy! He sort of reminds me of Bundy!
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_CON...
"Apr 28, 11:20 AM EDT
New York lawmaker in custody on US fraud charges
By TOM HAYS
Associated Press
Buy AP Photo Reprints
NEW YORK (AP)-- U.S. Rep Michael Grimm was arrested Monday to face a 20-count federal indictment that includes charges of mail fraud, wire fraud and tax fraud.
The Staten Island Republican was awaiting arraignment in Brooklyn. He is charged with engaging in schemes to underreport wages for restaurant workers, including some who were in the country illegally. He is accused of concealing more than $1 million in sales and wages.
Authorities said that when he was deposed by an attorney representing former employees in a lawsuit, Grimm lied under oath about his allegedly fraudulent business practices.
There was no immediate response to phone and email message left Monday with Grimm's lawyer.
Authorities allege the fraud occurred from 2007 to 2010. Grimm, a former FBI agent, was elected in 2010 and took office in 2011.
"Rep. Grimm billed himself as a patriot and an American hero," said George Venizelos, head of the FBI's New York office. "... But Rep. Grimm was anything but an upstanding citizen. He cheated, evaded and then lied."...>"
Oh yeah, he's a real gem:

Around 2:30 A.M., there was a commotion on the dance floor. According to Williams, somebody was shouting,“He’s got a gun!” Following a crowd into the club’s garage, Williams discovered that Grimm and the husband had returned, and Grimm was holding a weapon. Grimm was “carrying on like a madman,” Williams said.“He’s screaming,‘I’m gonna fuckin’ kill him.’ So I said to him,‘Who are you?’ He put the gun back in his waist and said,‘I’m a fucking F.B.I. agent, ain’t nobody gonna threaten me.’”

Grimm left the club, but at 4 A.M., just before the club closed, he returned again, according to Williams, this time with another F.B.I. agent and a group of N.Y.P.D. officers. Grimm had told the police that he had been assaulted by the estranged husband and his friends. Williams said that Grimm took command of the scene, and refused to let the remaining patrons and employees leave.“Everybody get up against the fucking wall,” Williams recalled him saying.“The F.B.I. is in control.” Then Grimm, who apparently wanted to find the man with whom he’d had the original altercation, said something that Williams said he’ll never forget:“All the white people get out of here.”

http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/newsdes...
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1127350 Apr 28, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
And that is one of the truest statements on here.
And this is one of the most racist statement on here.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1127351 Apr 28, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you arguing about racism?
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hamden, CT

#1127352 Apr 28, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Not true, white on black is pretty evenly divided with Rep having a marginal lead-couple percentage points.
Black on white is titled to progressives.
So, Chris Rock is your go to man for political science?
White Democrats may be more racist then white Republicans. It's not like any of the Democrats will admit it in a poll.
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hamden, CT

#1127353 Apr 28, 2014
Democrats like this are racist. They use race to divide people, hence are racist:
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
And this is one of the most racist statement on here.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 2 min SweLL GirL 9,214
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 36 min By The Seashore 103,150
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 59 min District 1 219,475
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr Ize Found 70,830
Must be the knife's fault. 1 hr Pop star 2
Al Sharpton 2 hr AlisAPieceOfShyt 3
BHO's brother interviewed. 2 hr BHOsBroDissesBHO 5

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages