Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1520820 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

InsulterDuhPont

Newington, CT

#1127240 Apr 28, 2014
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
WRONG AGAIN STUPID! Section 123 establishes a Health Benefits Advisory Committee that makes recommendations on what types of health insurance coverage will be defined as basic, enhanced or premium. The committee will be chaired by the surgeon general, with members appointed by the president, the comptroller general, and representatives of federal agencies. This committee makes recommendations on insurance regulations, so in that sense it does set standards for benefits. But it does not make decisions about treatments for individuals.
The real death panels were in the insurance company backrooms otherwise known as the underwriting department who's pencil pushers and bean counters decided whether or not to pay for treatments based on their profit margins.
You're an idiot DB; you always have been and always will be!
Can't you ever have a conversation without starting it off by calling people names? You must be one really angry person. I bet you are a fake religious person too!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1127241 Apr 28, 2014
Sean Hannity is very, very sad. See, the real problem with the whole sordid Cliven Bundy affair is that Democrats will use his er, musings, about African Americans to paint Republicans with a broad brush, and accuse them and the whole conservative movement of being fundamentally racist. Hannity—after being the Number 1 fan of Mr. Bundy's heroic quest to avoid paying what he owed for using our land—now condemns the deadbeat rancher's racism, claiming, "Every conservative that I know does not support racism, period!"

Except, of course, for his friend, Ted Nugent. And neither is Hannity familiar with Phil Robertson, even though he supported Robertson on the air after the Duck Dynasty star essentially denied that there was racism in the Jim Crow South. In the words of the great philosopher George Walker Bush (this one never gets old): "Fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again." I think it's pretty obvious who Sean Hannity thinks are fools: the American people.

Seriously, though, let's talk about Republican racism. We can even just stick to the last couple of years. Yes, yes, we know that Republicans just hated Bundy's racist remarks. Except for the ones who have been slow to say so. Of course, when Bundy said that black Americans might have been better off under slavery, he was merely echoing the wisdom that Republicans from Rep. Trent Franks (R-AZ) to Michele Bachmann to Rick Santorum to Pat Buchanan (just to name a few), have also shared. At some point, it's not a bug, it's a feature of conservatism.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/04/27/1294...

“Stop Child Slavery”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1127242 Apr 28, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
RoxLo must be declaring that there is no racism in America because all Obama said was it still existed.
What was the point of Obama making any comment on it?

Oh that's right, to point out Americans are still racist.
InsulterDuhPont

Newington, CT

#1127243 Apr 28, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
yes, Texas is doing the best it can to vanish slavery.
Extremely lame remark from the thread promoter of hate & propaganda..

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1127244 Apr 28, 2014
Sherwin W wrote:
<quoted text>All wealth should just be redistributed. In the name of fairness, we can start with just one of Michelle Obama's vacations.
naw....let's start yours.

sounds good, right?

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#1127245 Apr 28, 2014
Anyone heard any news about the Afghan War recently? Are we still fighting a war? Because it sure seems like no one remembers it.

Meanwhile, 40 vets died here in the U.S. waiting for a VA appointment.

The Filipinos, one of our longstanding allies, are burning Obama effigies. The U.S. signed a deal giving our military greater access to Philippine bases. Even our allies don't want to help us.

They know this president is weak and poses no threat to our mutual enemies on the world stage too.

Something's gone very wrong in a very short amount of time with our priorities and, thus, our national security.

Good morning.

“Stop Child Slavery”

Location hidden

#1127246 Apr 28, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
He never said they glued themselves to Bundy's racist remarks.
You are either incapable of reading or a liar.
You know damn well you & your right whiner buddies we all backing Bundy's defiance of the BLM.
Now you try to deny it.
Reid apologized for his comment and you can't find another instance of racism from Reid. Personally, I am not a Harry Reid fan but not because he made a poor choice of words while giving Obama a compliment.
The reading comprehension is your issue. From Sonic's comment....

""People that, for the right reasons, saw this case as government overreach now are branded because of the ignorant, racist, repugnant, despicable comments of Cliven Bundy,"

You, yourself is attempting to do this.
Sherwin W

New York, NY

#1127247 Apr 28, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>is there something wrong with that? do you think all people should EARN the exact same amount?
when hasn't there been disparity of wealth ever on this planet?
I'm a former, FORMER Democrat/Union voter. It is criminal what this Washington Administration has gotten away thanks to the media and the low information types who don't care as long as the unsustainable promises and high taxation keep coming. They are both ignorant and self destructive.

I was in a CVS drug store the other day and some young 20 something was hassling the Clerk LOUDLY about the TAXES on her receipt. He explained that Food items and Candy are TAXED at different rates now. She was miffed. I was on another register and perfect timing. When I went outside I saw an "Obama!!" bumper-sticker on her car. SHE VOTED for these ridiculous taxes herself.

How is her life better since Obama was first elected? We are told people love Obama. We are told people love the Democrats. We are told people love Gullible Warming. We are told people love illegal immigration.

When are we going to stop believing what we are told? When will the low informed voters realize like minorities, they are being duped? Or are they just sitting back and waiting for the rest of the redistribution of wealth to kick in?

St. Croix valley

#1127248 Apr 28, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
he was asked about it at a press conference?

“Stop Child Slavery”

Location hidden

#1127249 Apr 28, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
absurdity?
Hell Freezes Over: Paul Krugman, Bill Kristol Agree That Cliven Bundy’s A Law-Breaking Jerk
Krugman was disappointed that Bundy’s racist musings distracted from his larger anti-government message.“I think the Cliven Bundy thing actually is awful, because we should be talking about the message, not the man,” he explained.“Which is really a terrible message, which is you have the right to use other people’s property — namely, federal grazing land — for free.”
“Freedom is the right to not pay for the damage you do,” Krugman bemoaned.“It’s really a horrifying thing he was ever made a hero even before these comments came out.”
“I am horrified to agree with Paul Krugman,” Kristol joked.“But The Weekly Standard, ten days ago, said to conservatives,‘Don’t praise Cliven Bundy, he’s breaking the law, he seems to be inciting people even to use violence against federal law enforcement officials. If you want to change the law, change the law.’”
“So on that, we agree,” Kristol noted.“Which of us will pay more of a price for this, is the question?”
“Dunno,” Krugman replied.“Probably you.”
“Probably me,” Kristol admitted.
Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2014/04/27/hell-freeze...
and would that be the same Harry Reid that has a long, long history of supporting the Voting Rights Act, affirmative action, civil-rights expansions, a view of the Constitution that endorses a broad interpretation of the equal-protection clause of the Fourteenth Amendment—and federal judges who back all those things?
so now let's hear about all the Republicans who've done the same.
Focus: Everyone agreed he was breaking the law.

You have beat this dead horse for days.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1127250 Apr 28, 2014
file in the 'it bothers someone' folder...

"It’s Official: At Dartmouth, The Word ‘Fiesta’ Is Racist And White People Can’t Use It"

http://dailycaller.com/2014/04/26/its-officia...
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1127251 Apr 28, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
absurdity?
Hell Freezes Over: Paul Krugman, Bill Kristol Agree That Cliven Bundy’s A Law-Breaking Jerk
Krugman was disappointed that Bundy’s racist musings distracted from his larger anti-government message.“I think the Cliven Bundy thing actually is awful, because we should be talking about the message, not the man,” he explained.“Which is really a terrible message, which is you have the right to use other people’s property — namely, federal grazing land — for free.”
“Freedom is the right to not pay for the damage you do,” Krugman bemoaned.“It’s really a horrifying thing he was ever made a hero even before these comments came out.”
“I am horrified to agree with Paul Krugman,” Kristol joked.“But The Weekly Standard, ten days ago, said to conservatives,‘Don’t praise Cliven Bundy, he’s breaking the law, he seems to be inciting people even to use violence against federal law enforcement officials. If you want to change the law, change the law.’”
“So on that, we agree,” Kristol noted.“Which of us will pay more of a price for this, is the question?”
“Dunno,” Krugman replied.“Probably you.”
“Probably me,” Kristol admitted.
Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2014/04/27/hell-freeze...
and would that be the same Harry Reid that has a long, long history of supporting the Voting Rights Act, affirmative action, civil-rights expansions, a view of the Constitution that endorses a broad interpretation of the equal-protection clause of the Fourteenth Amendment—and federal judges who back all those things?
so now let's hear about all the Republicans who've done the same.
Occupy Wall St...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1127252 Apr 28, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
For our nation, there is no denying the truth that slavery is a blight on our history and that racism, despite all the progress, still exists today. For my party, there is no escaping the reality that the party of Lincoln has not always carried the mantle of Lincoln.

Recognizing and confronting our history is important. Transcending our history is essential.

George W. Bush
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1127253 Apr 28, 2014
InsulterDuhPont wrote:
<quoted text>
Extremely lame remark from the thread promoter of hate & propaganda..
i'm not really much for lame.

Texas textbook war:'Slavery' or 'Atlantic triangular trade'?

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Education/2010/0...
InsulterDuhPont

Newington, CT

#1127254 Apr 28, 2014
Generally, private citizens are not allowed to possess firearms.

"Man distressed over divorce rams car into crowd, killing 6 in China"

Democrats now want to ban cars!

Democrats are dingbats, commies.

St. Croix valley

#1127255 Apr 28, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
Anyone heard any news about the Afghan War recently? Are we still fighting a war? Because it sure seems like no one remembers it.
Meanwhile, 40 vets died here in the U.S. waiting for a VA appointment.
The Filipinos, one of our longstanding allies, are burning Obama effigies. The U.S. signed a deal giving our military greater access to Philippine bases. Even our allies don't want to help us.
They know this president is weak and poses no threat to our mutual enemies on the world stage too.
Something's gone very wrong in a very short amount of time with our priorities and, thus, our national security.
Good morning.
yes, all the time. why are you so uninformed? perhaps this is why you never know what you are talking about on any subject?
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1127256 Apr 28, 2014
Progressives hate on Romney's underwear...and only rich white republicans use wealth to buy political influence...

"Including the Young and the Rich
White House Hosts ‘Next Generation’ Young and Rich"

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/04/20/fashion/whi...

St. Croix valley

#1127257 Apr 28, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Focus: Everyone agreed he was breaking the law.
You have beat this dead horse for days.
find anything to back up your bullshit that the BLM brought 200 agents there for no reason ?

hee hee...

“Stop Child Slavery”

Location hidden

#1127258 Apr 28, 2014
What makes me wonder about Donald Sterling, Cliven Bundy, Harry Reid and Biden: Is age a factor?
InsulterDuhPont

Newington, CT

#1127259 Apr 28, 2014
Sherwin W wrote:
<quoted text>I'm a former, FORMER Democrat/Union voter. It is criminal what this Washington Administration has gotten away thanks to the media and the low information types who don't care as long as the unsustainable promises and high taxation keep coming. They are both ignorant and self destructive.
I was in a CVS drug store the other day and some young 20 something was hassling the Clerk LOUDLY about the TAXES on her receipt. He explained that Food items and Candy are TAXED at different rates now. She was miffed. I was on another register and perfect timing. When I went outside I saw an "Obama!!" bumper-sticker on her car. SHE VOTED for these ridiculous taxes herself.
How is her life better since Obama was first elected? We are told people love Obama. We are told people love the Democrats. We are told people love Gullible Warming. We are told people love illegal immigration.
When are we going to stop believing what we are told? When will the low informed voters realize like minorities, they are being duped? Or are they just sitting back and waiting for the rest of the redistribution of wealth to kick in?
I am a recovering Democrat too. When I saw them becoming communists, I left.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr RACE 10,571
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 1 hr RACE 2,525
Obumbler Back To Community Organizing 2 hr Time 2 Quit BHO 1
Protest is Treason 3 hr LIQUIDATE-PROTESTERS 2
Look at Minn. Maine & Michigan. 3 hr NO HALAL FOODs 11
My heart is open for a real man~ 3 hr SpreadUrThighs 8
Scary Obituary 3 hr The Shadow 9

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance