Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1403600 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Patrick n Angela

United States

#1126785 Apr 27, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell Carol. She's the one who brought it up.
alas ...her slim grasp of religion is the same as her grasp of history.

President Obama and Vice President Biden, Democrats, are both Christians with concern for the plight of poor children.
President Obama and Vice President Biden wish to insure that all children receive health care rather than wandering about looking for clinics.

Republican trolls...no so much
Peace
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1126786 Apr 27, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you talking about redefining traditional marriage to include homosexuals or killing the unborn? Can't think of any other "religious policy" you would be implying.
As much as propagandists want you to believe both of these issues are divided along political lines, they're just misleading you.
Many Democrats voted against gay marriage and many are also pro-life.
Obama and Hillary both were against gay marriage until the 2012 election year.
You knew that though, right?
So what's your point son? People on the left need to change their minds while people on the right are stuck there?

That's what I call brainwashing of the first order.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1126787 Apr 27, 2014
Eleanor Beaver wrote:
<quoted text>
You're the one wasting your miserable life away on Topix pretending to be many things you are not.
Big mouth, hot air, tiny audience...even though you post on several threads. C'mon, go make some headlines! A hate-filled sicko like you should be out burning down churches. Just wait until the good folks are out and safely home, k?
Awww...still sore from getting spanked around so much?

if you stop opening your mouth, people will stop showing you what an idiot you are.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1126788 Apr 27, 2014
Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>
The Supreme Court struck down the heart of the Voting Rights Act freeing states to change their election laws without federal approval. Basically the Court said racial minorities no longer face barriers to voting in states with a history of discrimination. Even you know that's bull shit.
It's a conservative court.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1126789 Apr 27, 2014
Patrick n Angela wrote:
<quoted text>
An American Tragedy ?
minor earhquakes cause little damage and are a way of life.....

far less risk than living in hurricane or tornado country.....
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1126790 Apr 27, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Hospital layoffs are occurring all over the country since ObamaCare. You, PDupont and Realtime should look up facts before parroting your handlers' propaganda.
And it sure would be nice if all three of you defended lowering the costs of health care of which common sense solutions were completely ignored in the ACA.
So you should show where they weren't closing before ACA son.
Eleanor Beaver

United States

#1126791 Apr 27, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
I went years believing racism was dead. Topix opened my eyes to the truth. Perhaps we should invite Supreme Court judges to this thread.
Really?¨Dead¨ means gone. No longer exists. Not a very well thought out belief.

What changed your mind, the racist comments by Reid and Biden? No? Alex Sink? No?

A fascinating map of the world’s most and least racially tolerant countries

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/worldview...

Yes...the U.S. is one of the least racist countries in the world even though your side displays an extremely intolerant and prejudiced political agenda.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1126792 Apr 27, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
This preaching of hers is really getting old. No wonder they say "religion and faith are merely crutches for the weak of intellect."
That one is stuck with a God complex...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1126793 Apr 27, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>ummm...i don't follow the NBA..so this guy is the owner, and his grilfriend is bring the guys she is sleeping with to his games? is that the deal?
maybe....the owner doesn't seem to care who she sleeps with, as long as she doesn't taunt him in public about her affairs....that's what the recorded conversation was about....

interesting that she is part black herself, and yet he is accused of racism....

Since: Mar 14

Orlando, FL

#1126794 Apr 27, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Nonsense. The opposite is occurring,. hospitals are expanding, new hospitals are being built__medical schools, nursing schools are expanding. Orlando Health (ORMC) has shown three straight quarters of growth www.orlandosentinel.com
Medical clinic/outpatient centers are being built in Lake Mary and another has broken ground in Deltona.
Stop making sht up liar!
Whether or not what you say is true about Orlando, look around the rest of the country. Things aren't that great in a lot of other hospitals and clinics in a lot of other cities.

Type in "hospitals and clinics lay off employees due to ObamaCare". The number of websites with different cities are plentiful.

And please stop telling me to stop making things up. I've been one of the few taking the time to inform you on here.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1126795 Apr 27, 2014
Indiana forward David West’s declaration that: "He [Sterling] is who he is, they ain't going to change the man. The man's going to go to his grave being who he is.… This is not going to change him. It ain't going to change just because he has black athletes or whatever. He is who he is. There have been folks before him and they're been a ton of them after him."

Or, there's always Snoop Dogg’s NSFW screed.

I'll stick with Snoop. Fuck you, Donald Sterling. I hope this kerfuffle won't interfere with the Lifetime Achievement Award Sterling you're scheduled to receive later this month from the NAACP.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/04...
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1126796 Apr 27, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Totally agree with what? That Christ would have told his followers to support Caesar forcibly taking money from people in order to be their collective consciences - and a corrupt Roman government trusted to use their money wisely to help the poor when it had no problem targeting and demonizing them because of their own beliefs?
Really? You agree with that?
So which reich wing candidate for president of your will support doing away with taxes son?
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1126797 Apr 27, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Donald Tokowitz Sterling has a wiki page.
Given that his parents were Jewish immigrants, that he was raised in Southern CA and that he was big time divorce attorney it's not a giant leap to peg him as a (D). Liberal is another story as the guy has had to play both sides of the political spectrum to amass a nearly $2 billion fortune. Probably a moderate.
Seems as though no one really likes the guy__he's kinda like George Steinbrenner only richer.
And ugly as hell
dem

Chicago, IL

#1126798 Apr 27, 2014
Eleanor Beaver wrote:
<quoted text>
Really?¨Dead¨ means gone. No longer exists. Not a very well thought out belief.
What changed your mind, the racist comments by Reid and Biden? No? Alex Sink? No?
A fascinating map of the world’s most and least racially tolerant countries
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/worldview...
Yes...the U.S. is one of the least racist countries in the world even though your side displays an extremely intolerant and prejudiced political agenda.
Weren't you a cop?
Everyone knows cops are racists.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1126799 Apr 27, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
If that were the only choice we had, we would. Trust me.
But a lot of people might as well prepare themselves to be diagnosed in free clinics and in Walgreen's for any complaint or potentially life-threatening diseases under ObamaCare.
So now you have a choice.

And yet you still complain.
dem

Chicago, IL

#1126800 Apr 27, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Whether or not what you say is true about Orlando, look around the rest of the country. Things aren't that great in a lot of other hospitals and clinics in a lot of other cities.
Type in "hospitals and clinics lay off employees due to ObamaCare". The number of websites with different cities are plentiful.
And please stop telling me to stop making things up. I've been one of the few taking the time to inform you on here.
Jesus is watching you lie for topix sake.
Patrick n Angela

United States

#1126801 Apr 27, 2014
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, that is the pattern. What Biden and Reid said were indicative of their age.
Meanwhile, this Sterling character is quite a pig, isn't he? He may be rich, but he sure is ugggglllllyyy!
In February 2009, Sterling was sued by former longtime Clippers executive Elgin Baylor for discrimination on the basis of age and race, during which Baylor alleged that Sterling wanted a team composed of "poor black boys from the South … playing for a white coach,” and had the goofy habit of bringing women into the locker room (again, women that were not his wife) to show off his prized charges. Read the account below and try not to cringe at the thought of Sterling treating human beings like well-paid livestock (at best) From ESPN.com :
Players Sam Cassell, Elton Brand and Corey Maggette complained to me that Donald Sterling would bring women into the locker room after games, while the players were showering, and make comments such as,‘Look at those beautiful black bodies.’ I brought
this to Sterling’s attention, but he continued to bring women into the locker room.”
(I guess that sums it all up; he has seen the beautiful black athletic bodies and he knows no amount of money can buy him that body)
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/04...
Racists .... looking for company
take quotes
out of context !
Word
-Angela
dem

Chicago, IL

#1126802 Apr 27, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Awww...still sore from getting spanked around so much?
if you stop opening your mouth, people will stop showing you what an idiot you are.
You really told her, lady.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1126803 Apr 27, 2014
Realtime wrote:
Given that his parents were Jewish immigrants, that he was raised in Southern CA and that he was big time divorce attorney it's not a giant leap to peg him as a (D). Liberal is another story as the guy has had to play both sides of the political spectrum to amass a nearly $2 billion fortune. Probably a moderate.
Seems as though no one really likes the guy__he's kinda like George Steinbrenner only richer.
Sterling has a history of squeezing a profit out of terrible teams by not paying big salaries....until the present team......

Donald Sterling’s wife of more than 50 years describes his alleged mistress as a gold digger who seduces older, wealthy men and persuades them to shower her with gifts, according to a lawsuit filed in Los Angeles County Superior Court on March 7.

The Clippers team owner and a woman identified as V. Stiviano allegedly began an affair after meeting at the 2010 Super Bowl game and were still in the relationship as of the filing date, according to the lawsuit filed by Rochelle H. Sterling, who is described in the suit as "a married woman seeking to protect and recover community property in her individual capacity."

Rochelle Sterling alleges that her husband used community property to buy Stiviano a 2012 Ferrari, two Bentleys and a 2013 Range Rover, worth a total of more than $500,0000.

Sterling also allegedly gave Stiviano $1.8 million to buy a duplex on West 4th Street near the Beverly Center last December, according to the suit, which claims that Sterling additionally provided her with $240,000 for upkeep and living expenses.

The property was supposed to be held in the Sterlings’ name, Rochelle Sterling contends, but Stiviano has title and has refused to relinquish it. Arguing that the gifts were all allegedly made without Rochelle Sterling’s knowledge or consent, the complaint seeks their return along with compensatory damages.

The suit, which includes as defendants unnamed agents and employees of Stiviano, alleges that before the complaint was filed, Donald Sterling asked her to return the property. The complaint also says that Stiviano goes by several other names, including Vanessa Maria Perez, Monica Gallegos and Maria Valdez.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-s...
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1126804 Apr 27, 2014
Realtime wrote:
lol! I read it earlier. I had to laugh since an idiot here made him to be a (D) with his jewish background and republican work ethics.

I think he's all about the money and would want a guy like David Duke as his friend.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 min Dale 219,359
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 24 min CrunchyBacon 103,122
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 30 min boundary painter 9,206
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 33 min boundary painter 2,852
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 36 min boundary painter 1,794
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 42 min boundary painter 8,518
the larry meber political forum (Jun '11) 50 min Mr X Lax 82

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages