Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1250912 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1125926 Apr 25, 2014
Beach front property in Florida..enjoyed by Floridians

Insured by Kansans....

'The National Flood Insurance Program includes several
state programs, such as the one for Florida (which has more
than 2 million policyholders and a face value of $475 billion),'

http://www.nrdc.org/globalwarming/files/taxpa...
Chris Lopez

New York, NY

#1125928 Apr 25, 2014
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text> If you lost your plan then it wasn't really good enough for you to keep it anyway. You're better off now with Obamacare. Isn't that the essential role of Government to improve the well-being and happiness of the people? Yes!
You're confusing the right to the "pursuit of happiness" with guaranteed happiness.

Many who were satisfied with their insurance won't be once they find out how their doctor patient relationships will change, they may not be able to go to the best hospital or when the employers start dropping employees into the exchanges and paying fines instead of benefits.

If that wasn't true, there wouldn't have been so many delays in implementing all the provisions of ObamaCare until after the 2014 elections. There also wouldn't have been so many exlusions by unions and other organizations.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1125929 Apr 25, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
They are predicting dire problems as soon as 30-40 years. It takes decades for the Earth to remove the excess CO2 if we reduce emissions now.
and how is this controlled so that the Earth neither warms nor cools???......

by the way, carbon dioxide may be converted to carbon and oxygen, but it is never "removed".......
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1125930 Apr 25, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Looks like she was posting til about 3AM__reading the bible to her flaky pals.
One thing is for sure__she's no longer the "Queen Bee" on this thread__too much name changing__she should have bit her lip and stuck with Carol.
OK__Scott was in Lake Mary today dedicating the new Verizon Financial Building and again had to duck reporters questioning of this weeks arrest of one of his appointees, Scott Batterson.
Scott quickly suspended the guy from the X-Way Authority post but that doesn't erase that Scott was warned about the guy before he gave him a spot on the controversial commission.
In other news__Scott has pulled even with Crist in recent polling and US Senator Bill Nelson has stated that he may enter the race to save Florida from the likes of Scott and Crist.
LOL! Yes I saw that they were even; but Bill Nelson? What happened to Nan Rich? We hear nothing about her

“Stop Child Soliders”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1125931 Apr 25, 2014
You know how much Sonic loves TPM, but somehow he overlooked this article...

Bundy's Black Bodyguard:'I Would Take A Bullet For That Man'

"
One of the supporters serving as a bodyguard for Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy during his standoff with federal authorities -- and who also happens to be black -- said he would still "take a bullet for" Bundy after the rancher made racially inflammatory comments.

CNN's Dan Simon noticed Jason Bullock, a six-year Army veteran who serves as one of Bundy's bodyguards, hanging around at the Nevada ranch. Simon asked Bullock whether he found Bundy's remarks about blacks and slavery offensive.

"Mr. Bundy is not a racist," he told CNN. "Ever since I've been here, he's treated me with nothing but hospitality. He's pretty much treating me just like his own family."
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/cliven-...

Before Dave gets his panties in a bunch, this does not mean I approve of Bundy's choice of words.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#1125932 Apr 25, 2014
Eleanor Beaver wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no idea what most people think.
and you do?

don't see a republican in the WH. and that's after you ilk were sure that Mitt would win because you guys knew what people were 'really' thinking.

so yeah, your track record on what people think kinda sucks.
Eleanor Beaver

East Hartford, CT

#1125933 Apr 25, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
funny.....
RNC Spokesman Is Furious The GOP Has Been Lumped With Bundy
i guess having an Obama impersonator tell racist jokes at a GOP gathering isn't enough to justify the GOP being called racist.
I guess having documented, proven racists as sitting VP and Senate Majority Leader isn't enough to justify the left being called racist hypocrites.

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#1125934 Apr 25, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Acid rain--
The great environmental challenge of the 1980s.
Alarmist Fred Pearce claimed in 1982 in New Scientist:“The forests and lakes are dying . Already the damage may be irreversible.” And the evidence for these claims? As it turned out, little to none. A ten-year U.S. government -sponsored study involving 700 scientists and costing about $ 500 million said in 1990:“There is no evidence of a general or unusual decline of forests in the United States and Canada due to acid rain.” Data from Germany— where the scare originated—told the same story.
Acid Rain was indeed a 'great environmental challenge of the 1980's(and still is) What made acid rain manageable was Reagan , the U S Congress , and over 140 other nations listened to the climate scientists and acted quickly to mitigate acid rain damage by passing the Montreal Protocol that banned the use of CFCs . "We have President Ronald Reagan to thank for what he rightfully called this “monumental achievement.” The Montreal Protocol phased out chemicals that deplete the upper atmosphere’s ozone layer, which protects humanity and global ecosystems from harmful ultraviolet radiation. " Reagan's Big Win for the Environment: 25 Years Ago Today - http://conservamerica.org/2012/09/reagans-big...

If it wasn't for Ronald Reagan signing the international environment treaty , The Montreal Protocol , I don't think most of us would even remember a thing that Ronald Reagan did good as President . Also, to build on Ronald Reagan's success, the Obama Administration successfully negotiated upgrade Amendments to the Montreal Protocol and brought China on board for the first time in accepting the Montreal Protocol accords. However ; recalcitrant Tea Party republicans, in the pockets of Big Oil, have kicked up a fuss over the climate progress. "If the Obama administration has this great climate change program, you should be able to answer in detail and in glowing terms," Barton said. McCarthy and Moniz did exactly that. Each described the President's comprehensive June 25 Climate Action Plan in detail.

"The plan has three key pillars," said McCarthy:

Cutting carbon pollution in America
Preparing the country for the impacts of climate change; and
Leading international efforts to combat global climate change.

She also pointed out that "Many of the programs that we run are programs that Congress specifically directed us to run." House subcommittee disses alleged federal absence at climate hearing http://www.examiner.com/article/house-subcomm... via @examinercom

“Stop Child Soliders”

Location hidden

#1125935 Apr 25, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
funny.....
i guess having an Obama impersonator tell racist jokes at a GOP gathering isn't enough to justify the GOP being called racist.
Did you post the article I did above yet?
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1125936 Apr 25, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
funny.....
White Supremacist Suspect in Kansas Mass Shooting Was Once Arrested "Mid-Act" with Black Male Prostitute

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2014/0...
Chris Lopez

New York, NY

#1125937 Apr 25, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Looks like she was posting til about 3AM__reading the bible to her flaky pals.
One thing is for sure__she's no longer the "Queen Bee" on this thread__too much name changing__she should have bit her lip and stuck with Carol.
OK__Scott was in Lake Mary today dedicating the new Verizon Financial Building and again had to duck reporters questioning of this weeks arrest of one of his appointees, Scott Batterson.
Scott quickly suspended the guy from the X-Way Authority post but that doesn't erase that Scott was warned about the guy before he gave him a spot on the controversial commission.
In other news__Scott has pulled even with Crist in recent polling and US Senator Bill Nelson has stated that he may enter the race to save Florida from the likes of Scott and Crist.
Here we have two pots calling a kettle black.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#1125938 Apr 25, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
"
One of the supporters serving as a bodyguard for Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy during his standoff with federal authorities -- and who also happens to be black -- said he would still "take a bullet for" Bundy after the rancher made racially inflammatory comments.
CNN's Dan Simon noticed Jason Bullock, a six-year Army veteran who serves as one of Bundy's bodyguards, hanging around at the Nevada ranch. Simon asked Bullock whether he found Bundy's remarks about blacks and slavery offensive.
"Mr. Bundy is not a racist," he told CNN. "Ever since I've been here, he's treated me with nothing but hospitality. He's pretty much treating me just like his own family."
Before Dave gets his panties in a bunch, this does not mean I approve of Bundy's choice of words.
so what is it that black folks call someone like that guy?

Which boot licking, political blackface, shucking and bucking black conservative Uncle Tom will be the first to be trotted out by their white masters to defend Cliven Bundy?

http://www.chaunceydevega.com/2014/04/who-wil...

he'll be on FOX tomorrow. reading from the teleprompter.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1125939 Apr 25, 2014
Eleanor Beaver wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess having documented, proven racists as sitting VP and Senate Majority Leader isn't enough to justify the left being called racist hypocrites.
Maybe because they're not racists; dummy
Eleanor Beaver

East Hartford, CT

#1125940 Apr 25, 2014
School administrator bans distribution of US Constitution on campus

Students Merritt Burch and Anthony Vizzone, members of the Young Americans for Liberty chapter at UH-Hilo, were prevented from handing out copies of the Constitution at a recruitment event in January. A week later, they were again informed by a censorship-minded administrator that their First Amendment-protected activities were in violation of school policy.

The students were told that they could only distribute literature from within UH-Hilo’s “free speech zone,” a small, muddy, frequently-flooded area on the edge of campus.

Administrators further clarified their level of respect for students’ free speech rights, making comments like,“This isn’t really the ’60s anymore,” and “people can’t really protest like that anymore,” according to the Foundation for Individual Rights in Education.

The First Amendment has not been modified since the 1960s, however, and robustly protects the rights of students at public universities to hold non-disruptive protests, speak their mind and distribute literature.

Administrators also maintained that university policy took precedent over Constitutional rights, according to the complaint.

“It’s not about your rights in this case, it’s about the University policy that you can’t approach people,” said Ellen Kusano, director of Student Affairs, according to the complaint.

Horseshit.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1125941 Apr 25, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
funny.....
Was that gathering at a strip bar again?
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1125942 Apr 25, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
"
Ok, let's see if that idiot will stand there if the feds start shooting. Bodyguards? Why doesn't he pay his damn bills? Anyone else would have been arrested and in jail by now.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#1125943 Apr 25, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, either he was born in Kenya (as printed in his college biography) and his homeland is Kenya (as Michelle, stated) or it isn't. Can't be both.
Not sure how this helps the Democratic Party.
Not sure how this helps the Republican party. Other than showing the world what gullible fools right wing morons are.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1125944 Apr 25, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I love it when a defender of racism gets upset when I use the word f*ck.
the only thing worse than a black racist is a vulgar black racist.......

your language is unacceptable in most businesses, which brings into question where you ever worked before SS/Medicare.....

“Stop Child Soliders”

Location hidden

#1125945 Apr 25, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
Progressives are known to stretch things...and how much money will this cost us?
USDAs "Climate Change Science Plan"
includes this priority:
"Reducing risk from catastrophic wild fire and restore fire to its appropriate place in the landscape"
http://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/default/files...
Similar to the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change’s who claimed Amazon was threaten by global warming.

The problem was their data was coming from a report about the effects of fire and logging on the rain forest.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#1125946 Apr 25, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you post the article I did above yet?
no, but now i'm wondering what the official GOP uncles are saying.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 14 min Michael Satterfield 99,881
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 17 min Patriot AKA Bozo 53,934
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 44 min Jacques Ottawa 192,059
News Chicago on Alert for All Manner of Violence thi... 53 min fit 1
aggy-6-30-15 1 hr Kuuipo 10
Dear Abby 7-1-15 1 hr Sublime1 5
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 2 hr TRD 70,140
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages