Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1396119 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1126570 Apr 26, 2014
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>Your an idiot...
Facts are Fun!! LOL... Internet is Fun!!
It's the culture...
so fun when the grammar nazis trip on their own dick..whuch is really hard for you as yours is so teeny..

have you ever made one rammatically correct sentence, grammar nazi? i haven't seen one.

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1126571 Apr 26, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
there are other gas and oil pipelines all over the country, all of which have easements across public and private property........
plus utility easements, probably on your own property....check your deed.....
the danger is far lower than for rail or highway transportation......
Transporting heavy oil sands crude is a whole different ball game with disastrous consequences.

"It has been three years since an Enbridge Energy (whose parent company is based in Calgary, Alberta) pipeline ruptured beneath Marshal small Michigan, spewing more than 840,000 gallons of thick oil sands crude into the Kalamazoo River and Talmadge Creek, the largest oil pipeline failure in the country’s history. Last March, an Exxon Mobil pipeline burst in Mayflower, Ark., releasing thousands of gallons of oil and forcing the evacuation of 22 homes.

Both pipeline companies have spent tens of millions of dollars trying to recover the heavy crude, similar to the product Keystone XL would carry. River and floodplain ecosystems have had to be restored, and neighborhoods are still being refurbished. Legal battles are being waged, and residents’ lives have been forever changed."

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/08/11/us/amid-pip...
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#1126572 Apr 26, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>sad of you to talk of someone you don't know that way.
but then you have no culture....
You can run moron, but you can't hide you idiot dumbass..

You know nothing of or how the internet or Topixs works you moron... and your opinions woodtick are worthless and illiterate...

Just can't fix a stupid CLARINDA, IA liberal..

Google maps anyone??

It's the culture...

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1126573 Apr 26, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>so fun when the grammar nazis trip on their own dick..whuch is really hard for you as yours is so teeny..
have you ever made one rammatically correct sentence, grammar nazi? i haven't seen one.
have you ever made one rammatically correct sentence?

You just did, I guess.

Whatever "rammatically" means, I suppose.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#1126574 Apr 26, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>so fun when the grammar nazis trip on their own dick..whuch is really hard for you as yours is so teeny..
so fun when the grammar nazis trip on their own dick..whuch is jeff aka: woodtick..

you are a certifiable dumbasss..

It's the culture...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1126575 Apr 26, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
have you ever made one rammatically correct sentence?
You just did, I guess.
Whatever "rammatically" means, I suppose.
it's kinda like Salinsky.

Lapeer, MI

#1126576 Apr 26, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Transporting heavy oil sands crude is a whole different ball game with disastrous consequences.
"It has been three years since an Enbridge Energy (whose parent company is based in Calgary, Alberta) pipeline ruptured beneath Marshal small Michigan, spewing more than 840,000 gallons of thick oil sands crude into the Kalamazoo River and Talmadge Creek, the largest oil pipeline failure in the country’s history. Last March, an Exxon Mobil pipeline burst in Mayflower, Ark., releasing thousands of gallons of oil and forcing the evacuation of 22 homes.
Both pipeline companies have spent tens of millions of dollars trying to recover the heavy crude, similar to the product Keystone XL would carry. River and floodplain ecosystems have had to be restored, and neighborhoods are still being refurbished. Legal battles are being waged, and residents’ lives have been forever changed."
Accidents happen. Always will

If you want to eliminate all accidents then go back to your little world of 10' Mushrooms and Blue Fairies and eliminate

* Vehicles. All kinds. ICE, Electric, trains, airplanes...even golf carts

* Chainsaws

* Electricity. Juice kills.

* Knives

* Snow Skis, Water Skis, Snowboards, Waterboards

...but we'll keep all this stuff so we can live fuller lives not the boring one you dream of.

St. Croix valley

#1126577 Apr 26, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
shipping it by rail didn't turn out too well for those poor people in Lac-Megantic, Quebec, did it.

moving oil is messy, dangerous business, and just about every pipeline built has had a leak, but for amount of crude moved it is safer than trucking and railing it. and with a far, fa lower carbon footprint if you re interested in such.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#1126578 Apr 26, 2014
woodtick is a dumbass...

Facts are Fun.. Internet is Fun!!

It's the culture..

Lapeer, MI

#1126579 Apr 26, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Primetime Racism on Fox
Hannity’s long history of boosting bigots
http://fair.org/extra-online-articles/primeti...
wanna take another shot at it?
Orgasm yet?

Try the ultimate sexual experience, sonic, and go pee into a 220 V wall socket.

St. Croix valley

#1126580 Apr 26, 2014
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>so fun when the grammar nazis trip on their own dick..whuch is jeff aka: woodtick..
you are a certifiable dumbasss..
It's the culture...
your mimicry of me shows how much you wish you were me

it is obvious you wish you could be at least one tenth as smart as i am.

you cannot.

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#1126581 Apr 26, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
....and you live in subsidizing government housing.
Typical Liberal flim-flam talk.
sonic's IQ has nothing to do with the racist conversations you two are promoting but his dark heart and racist insanity.
Hitler had a high IQ. So does Satan. So...what was you point about IQ again?
first, imaginary characters like satan don't have an IQ

now as to Hitler's IQ, let's look at the major mistakes he made

Switching from attacking RAF bases to attacking London during the Battle of Britain, considering he was about 2 weeks away of destroying the RAF and could then have invaded England MAJOR SCREW UP

opening a 2 front war when he attackted Russia, anybody with any military knowledge realizes the utter stupidity of this strategy MAJOR SCREW UP

opting to build costly, engineering difficult tanks that required increased field support like the Panther, Tiger and King Tiger when he could have built thousands of knock offs of the T-34 at much less expense and use of valuable resources MAJOR SCREW UP

Splitting his invasion force in Russia to attack Leningrade, when he coould have just proceeded south an taken the oil fields in the Caucasus Mountains MAJOR SCREW UP

Delaying the invasion of Russia, in itself a mistake, by months, thereby throwing the invasion into the winter months MAJOR SCREW UP

using his jet technology on fighters rather than bombers

Gee for a genius he seemed pretty stupid. In fact the allies had developed plans to assassinate hitler but soon realized he wqas Germany's worst enemy, with him gone, his generals may have had a chance to change the outcome of the war

Hitler may have been charismatic, but his intelligence level wasn't very high

St. Croix valley

#1126582 Apr 26, 2014
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>You can run moron, but you can't hide you idiot dumbass..
You know nothing of or how the internet or Topixs works you moron... and your opinions woodtick are worthless and illiterate...
Just can't fix a stupid CLARINDA, IA liberal..
Google maps anyone??
It's the culture...
i know enough about the internet to not use the moniker woodtick anywhere but here.

glad i got so under your skin you think of me all the time..you really worship me, don't you? seems to be all you can think about is me...

well movie time calls, the night time idiots have taken over with nothing to say as always..

Lapeer, MI

#1126583 Apr 26, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
it's kinda like Salinsky.
That's Sawl Alinsky, Full.
Yoo r lawst in phonetics and ignorance.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#1126584 Apr 26, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>your mimicry of me shows how much you wish you were me
you cannot.
Woodtick Spelling Nazi Error: Post#1126570:- so fun when the grammar nazis trip on their own dick..whuch is really hard for you as yours is so teeny.. have you ever made one rammatically correct sentence, grammar nazi? i haven't seen one.

whuch?
rammatically??

Fact are Fun!!... Internet is Fun!!

It's the culture...

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1126585 Apr 26, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>anyhoo...fun disagreeing about a topic with sane, rational people for a change...
it is fun to debate using facts, reason, and the truth. usually both sides end up learning things, i certainly know i did.
Yes. It was a nice change of pace from the normal rivalry. "Civilised online debate" is elusive these days. Thank you.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1126586 Apr 26, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
That's Sawl Alinsky, Full.
Yoo r lawst in phonetics and ignorance.
i was making fun of carol.

talk about lost.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1126587 Apr 26, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Orgasm yet?
Try the ultimate sexual experience, sonic, and go pee into a 220 V wall socket.
will that work? have you tried it?

hey, i'm up for anything as long as it has your seal of approval.

Lapeer, MI

#1126588 Apr 26, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>your mimicry of me shows how much you wish you were me
you cannot.
Anyone who descended to within one tenth of your intelligence would die immediately.

Basic intellect is necessary to function biologically.

You made it over this hump. Congratulations, Slug.

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1126589 Apr 26, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Accidents happen. Always will
If you want to eliminate all accidents then go back to your little world of 10' Mushrooms and Blue Fairies and eliminate
* Vehicles. All kinds. ICE, Electric, trains, airplanes...even golf carts
* Chainsaws
* Electricity. Juice kills.
* Knives
* Snow Skis, Water Skis, Snowboards, Waterboards
...but we'll keep all this stuff so we can live fuller lives not the boring one you dream of.
We do not need to put out the welcome mat. Let TransCanada move the oil across their own land for overseas exportation and keep it out of ours. It might be different if the oil was for domestic use here in the United States but it isn't. We don't need it. Don't want it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 min Dr Phil 216,978
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 3 min obviously 102,541
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 4 min No Hillary No 60,151
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 1 hr GEORGIA 1,686
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 1 hr GEORGIA 2,713
Word (Dec '08) 1 hr GEORGIA 6,426
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr GEORGIA 8,915

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages