Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1761773 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1126703 Apr 27, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Sterling -a man who donated to the Grey campaign-a Democrat.
Paula Deen -a Democrat
Reid, Biden, and Boxer all Democrats.
Racism is pretty evenly divided between Dems and Reps. That is white opinions towards blacks. Now if you include black opinions towards whites-Dems would be the top dog.
really? he gave money to all of those democrats?

African-Americans have all the reason in the world to be racist. anyone who doesn't think so could only be called a racist. but hey, you just keep thinking the way you're thinking and see if any of them vote for the nutjob you folks put up to run in 2016.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1126704 Apr 27, 2014
Several Fox News hosts recently praised the Supreme Court's decision to uphold Michigan's ban on affirmative action, and Colbert noticed one problem.

"We don't need affirmative action because racial discrimination is officially over," the host joked on Thursday night. "Don't believe me? Just ask these other white people."

He proceeded to play clips of a Fox News guest, Eric Bolling and Andrea Tantaros all praising the Supreme Court ruling, which allows states to ban the use of race as a factor in college admissions. Tantaros said the decision was what Martin Luther King, Jr. himself would have wanted. In her words, King would have thought, "You know what, we don't need this because there is equality."

"That's right, African-Americans -- Dr. King said he might not make it to the promised land with you, but these guys did," Colbert said, referring to the Fox News hosts, "and they'll let you know how it is."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/04/25/colb...

someday FOX might discover Google.

Reporter: "Do you feel it's fair to request a multibillion dollar program of preferential treatment for the Negro, or any other minority?"

Dr. King: "I do indeed .... Within common law, we have ample precedents for special compensatory programs.... America adopted a policy of special treatment for her millions of veterans .... They could negotiate loans from banks to launch businesses. They could receive special points to place them ahead in competition for civil service jobs .... There was no appreciable resentment of the preferential treatment being given to the special group."

"Whenever the issue of compensatory treatment for the Negro is raised, some of our friends recoil in horror. The Negro should be granted equality, they agree, but he should ask nothing more. On the surface, this appears reasonable, but it is not realistic."

"A society that has done something special against the Negro for hundreds of years must now do something special for the Negro."

http://articles.latimes.com/1997-01-17/local/...

hey FOX....no way in hell did MLK ever think like a conservative.

“Stop Child Soldiers”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1126706 Apr 27, 2014
Sterling side note:

The woman-his mistress alleging this is Sterling in the tape is the DEFENDENT is a multi-million dollar lawsuit with Sterling's wife

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-s...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1126707 Apr 27, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
"You cannot go to a 7-11 or Dunkin Donuts unless you have a slight Indian Accent." -Senator Joe Biden
"I don't want to go on a lynching party against Michelle Obama unless there's evidence, hard facts, that say this is how the woman really feels" - one of the FOX talking heads. doesn't really matter which. they're all reading from Rupert's teleprompter.

“Stop Child Soldiers”

Location hidden

#1126708 Apr 27, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
really? he gave money to all of those democrats?
African-Americans have all the reason in the world to be racist. anyone who doesn't think so could only be called a racist. but hey, you just keep thinking the way you're thinking and see if any of them vote for the nutjob you folks put up to run in 2016.
Everyone makes up excuses for being racist. You are still a racist.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1126710 Apr 27, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
yes, according to The FOX Rules Of Right Wing Denial anyone who points out that racism still exists is a racist.

“Stop Child Soldiers”

Location hidden

#1126711 Apr 27, 2014
Present “Affirmative action, which originally sought to repair the state-induced damage to blacks from slavery and its aftermath, has within one generation brought about a permeating state-sponsored racism that is as odious as the Jim Crow laws it sought to countermand.”

Jim Webb Democrat U.S. Senator from Virginia: 2007-
Grey Ghost

Partlow, VA

#1126712 Apr 27, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
"You cannot go to a 7-11 or Dunkin Donuts unless you have a slight Indian Accent." -Senator Joe Biden
Funny how you real racist look for any and everything that will justify your flagrant racism. I see what Biden said not as race hatred but a simple observation. Besides daily idiots like you post totally racist comments on here. But in bagger world "FACTS" are avoided at all cost.

“Stop Child Soldiers”

Location hidden

#1126713 Apr 27, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
"I don't want to go on a lynching party against Michelle Obama unless there's evidence, hard facts, that say this is how the woman really feels" - one of the FOX talking heads. doesn't really matter which. they're all reading from Rupert's teleprompter.
“The truth is that affirmative action has kept America thinking in racial terms.… It has helped foster a culture of dependency.”
John Kerry Democrat U.S. Senator from Massachusetts: 1985-Present
Grey Ghost

Partlow, VA

#1126714 Apr 27, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Still trying to make yourself feel better about your own racism, I see.

“Stop Child Soldiers”

Location hidden

#1126715 Apr 27, 2014
The Chicago way: Rahm's indicted comptroller gave city insurance contracts for phantom "work"

http://www.suntimes.com/22944861-761/new-ques...
Brad

Bolton, CT

#1126716 Apr 27, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
Several Fox News hosts recently praised the Supreme Court's decision to uphold Michigan's ban on affirmative action, and Colbert noticed one problem.
"We don't need affirmative action because racial discrimination is officially over," the host joked on Thursday night. "Don't believe me? Just ask these other white people."
He proceeded to play clips of a Fox News guest, Eric Bolling and Andrea Tantaros all praising the Supreme Court ruling, which allows states to ban the use of race as a factor in college admissions. Tantaros said the decision was what Martin Luther King, Jr. himself would have wanted. In her words, King would have thought, "You know what, we don't need this because there is equality."
"That's right, African-Americans -- Dr. King said he might not make it to the promised land with you, but these guys did," Colbert said, referring to the Fox News hosts, "and they'll let you know how it is."
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/04/25/colb...
someday FOX might discover Google.
Reporter: "Do you feel it's fair to request a multibillion dollar program of preferential treatment for the Negro, or any other minority?"
Dr. King: "I do indeed .... Within common law, we have ample precedents for special compensatory programs.... America adopted a policy of special treatment for her millions of veterans .... They could negotiate loans from banks to launch businesses. They could receive special points to place them ahead in competition for civil service jobs .... There was no appreciable resentment of the preferential treatment being given to the special group."
"Whenever the issue of compensatory treatment for the Negro is raised, some of our friends recoil in horror. The Negro should be granted equality, they agree, but he should ask nothing more. On the surface, this appears reasonable, but it is not realistic."
"A society that has done something special against the Negro for hundreds of years must now do something special for the Negro."
http://articles.latimes.com/1997-01-17/local/...
hey FOX....no way in hell did MLK ever think like a conservative.
Lets see.
18-20 % hispanic,14% black,6% Asian and a few percent other.
Throw in the fact that woman,half the population,get minority status and have access to affirmative action,and somewhere around,what,in the mid 60 percentile are considered in the minority?

Time for this exclusionary practice to go away.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1126717 Apr 27, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
Sterling side note:
The woman-his mistress alleging this is Sterling in the tape is the DEFENDENT is a multi-million dollar lawsuit with Sterling's wife
http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-s...
maybe you should take a look at some of his past litigation. it's not pretty.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documents/crime/...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1126718 Apr 27, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
“The truth is that affirmative action has kept America thinking in racial terms.… It has helped foster a culture of dependency.”
John Kerry Democrat U.S. Senator from Massachusetts: 1985-Present
cite it.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1126719 Apr 27, 2014
Brad wrote:
<quoted text>
Lets see.
18-20 % hispanic,14% black,6% Asian and a few percent other.
Throw in the fact that woman,half the population,get minority status and have access to affirmative action,and somewhere around,what,in the mid 60 percentile are considered in the minority?
Time for this exclusionary practice to go away.
In the real world, if hundreds or thousands of black students have their opportunities constrained because of a system that places obstacles in their particular path, then most of us shrug and say, that’s just the way things are, and there isn’t anything that can or should be done about it. But if an affirmative action program should result in a single white student having to go to her second choice school? Then we must change the law, and move heaven and earth to make sure it never happens again.

Meanwhile, the preferences whites enjoy remain firmly in place. There have yet to be any successful laws or ballot initiatives to ban “legacy admissions,” in which applicants who had a relative who attended the university are given special preference. No one can come up with rational grounds for retaining this affirmative action for wealthy white people, yet universities all across the country do. And there are other only slightly less blatant forms of favoritism; for instance, the reliance on standardized test scores provides a boost for wealthy students, most of them white, whose parents can afford expensive test prep courses and tutoring. Again, no serious person contends that SATs or ACTs are a pure measure of “merit,” yet they continue to play a huge role in college admissions.

After the initiative in Michigan passed in 2006, black enrollment at the University of Michigan plunged by 30 percent. Were the missing black students lacking in “merit,” and was the university better for their absence? The Supreme Court says it isn’t their place to decide, and in this one rather narrow case they’re probably right. But the rest of us can.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/plum-line...
NuculurNUTsurpri Zed

Palm Coast, FL

#1126720 Apr 27, 2014
waxywaxturd wrote:
GOOD MORNING OBAMABOT TOPIX FAMILY!!!!!
As you all can see I have been up all night into the wee small hours maniacally judging your posts and chit-chatting back and forth to myself using many of my favorite sockpuppets!! A "labor of love" though tiring!! I had to change my depends three times last night but it was worth every diaper as it was challenging and exciting!! I have been using a new product called "Guard your Obamabot",, very effective if I don't say so myself!!!''dem'' loves them!!!! Anyone who spends as much time on Topix as I do (though I doubt there is) should look into them. Fabulous!
I and most of my Obamabot sockpuppets will be on board all day today making idiotic and mentally deranged comments, the sole purpose being to harass and feebly attempt to insult the legitimate posters who use this forum.
ATTENTION!!!! I have again brought forth another favorite sockpuppet creation from the bottomless pit of my sockpuppet closet, "Grey Ghost"!!! She will be posting along with some of my favorite socks, "Patrick" and ''Angela'' for most of the day, so please my dear friends, stick around today!!!!
And welcome them with some of that Topix love!!!
I will also be judging your posts all day. I plan to be here for the entire day and night with my sockpuppets so get ready for an all out judgit blowout shitshow!!!! Please JOIN in!! I will give you a head start if needed. I enjoy spending the day here giving out judgits to anyone who doesn't agree with me and I like to think I have full control of this thread!!! I consider it "mine"!!!!!!
And now it appears that it's time for another time out and some much needed quality time spent in my hydrotherapy bath, the tranquilizing "chair" and some gyroscope therapy treatment. I think I over did with the judgits and my sockpuppets all night long. I got overly excited and need to take a breather. These depends are pretty shot too!! Carry on the marathon judgit tourney without me till I return!
As usual I will share a couple of my secrets with my topix friends:
As I have revealed, if you want to get an edge in the judgit race, doubling up on the industrial strength depends are a must. And constipating foods are a big help!! I recommend cheese and lots of it!! Multiple IP addresses and "Guard your Obamabot "are imperative well!!!!
I will return shortly, relaxed, rejuvenated and refreshed!!!!
Warm hugs,'waxywaxturd''(Not Surprized),,,( the very chubby, chubby-chasing Obamabot from Bumpass raton IL)
PS: FELLAS,,,,PHONE NUMBERS PLEASE!!!!
Not Surprized! LOL
Hillary

Palm Coast, FL

#1126721 Apr 27, 2014
Patrick n Angela wrote:
<quoted text>
An American Tragedy ?
Obama

“Stop Child Soldiers”

Location hidden

#1126722 Apr 27, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
cite it.
The Wall Street Journal, Jan. 30, 2004

Since: May 11

Gardners, PA

#1126723 Apr 27, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes you certainly have.

“Stop Child Soldiers”

Location hidden

#1126724 Apr 27, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes you certainly have.
You support this and made excuses for it....

"“I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy. I mean, that’s a story book, man.”
Joe Biden

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
REPENT SCIOTA ILL REPENT JESUS CHRIST FOREVER ... 1 hr repent now 4
JESUS CHRIST JESUS CHRIST JESUS CHRIST repent 1 hr repent now 3
Trump says Kids Over Medicated 2 hr Country Boy Can S... 2
We needed a miracle...so God sent Donald Trump 7 hr Chilli J 6
Trump is A (Oct '17) 11 hr Unbrainwashable 773
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 11 hr MPMMB 12,324
Maddow exposed, Fusion paid her for fake news s... 14 hr Guilt of progress... 1

Chicago Jobs

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages