Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1534506 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#1126422 Apr 26, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
There is an old adage that goes like this: the truth is best told only in private amongst close friends.
Cliven Bundy found this out the hard way.
So did Romney.

Since: Jan 11

Hackettstown, NJ

#1126423 Apr 26, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus Christ, whether you believe he was the Son of God or not, was certainly a liberal, a progressive, a true socialist.
Funny how all these asshats who claim to support the teachings of Christ actually defy his teachings in their hatred for the poor.
Jesus loved the poor. Jesus worked his entire life to bring respect to the poor.
He fed the poor, washed their feet, showed his love for them daily.
"Blessed are the poor, for theirs is the Kingdom of heaven"
Yes, without the government doing it for you though.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1126424 Apr 26, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm beginning to believe there are no red light cameras where he lives. It's the only explanation I can think of for his stance.
my stance is clear. as a professional driver, i am for safer streets.

obviously there is a major problem people are trying to solve here. since the american people are totally against better training and driver education, they went with the enforcement route. just because so many cities set up the systems so shabbily doesn't not mean it cannot work, as the person you your self quoted said..
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1126425 Apr 26, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
How do the sources for this BS gather their data? Most of the time, they ask respondents questions. This is like asking a black man if he discriminates against whites.
Guess what the answer will be. Du-u-h-h.
And then this "data" is used to make public policy? Fool.
You will believe anything if a Liberal calls it "Data".
seeing as how you don't even believe in data......

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1126426 Apr 26, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
Enough to get you across the stop line.
if yre getting into the intersection a quarter of a second before the light would have been red anyway, you were not driving safely...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1126427 Apr 26, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
There is an old adage that goes like this: the truth is best told only in private amongst close friends.
Cliven Bundy found this out the hard way.
he needed that right wing media training.

'Just don't tell anyone you're a racist! Other than the other racists.'

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1126428 Apr 26, 2014
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, mine does. Thanks for acknowledging god, even if yours is a turtle.:)
wow1 you really a idiot! you just admitted your god planned for that little child to be abused...

i love watching you make an ass of yourself...it makes me laugh.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1126429 Apr 26, 2014
Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>
So did Romney.
roll that video Mother Jones.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1126430 Apr 26, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
seems there are.
Republicans set to be Hookers for Chamber of Commerce money
If it were possible to actually speak to House Republican leader John Boehner I’d ask him a few questions. Since that’s not going to happen I’ll just do the conversation from my side and guess at the responses I’d get from Boehner. With apologies to whoever originated these questions, here goes.
CiR:“Mister Boehner it’s being widely reported you and your caucus will accept a $50 million bribe from the U.S. Chamber of Commerce to give illegal aliens amnesty so they can work for minimum wages at their factories, is that true?”
Boehner:“Well that’s… well yes I guess that’s right. We need amnesty for those in the shadows because they are here illegally. Ryan says it’s the right thing to do and we always want to do the right thing, after all.”
CiR:“What would you say if those of us in the TEA party movement put together $100 million and asked not to grant amnesty; would you decide not to do it?”
Boehner:“Hey $100 million is a lot of money, in fairness I’d have to ask the Chamber what they would want to do in response. We always want to do the right thing, you know.”
CiR:“Well what if we offered you $25.00 to do the right thing for America, would you say “No” to the Chamber?”
Boehner:“Well hold on now; what do you think I am?”
CiR:“We know what you are Mister Boehner, we’re just trying to settle on a price.”
http://www.coachisright.com/republicans-set-h...
Speaking of Republicans and hookers it appears that they're all gathered up in your neck of the woods this weekend at the NRA convention in Indianapolis. The (R) POTUS hopefuls including Ears Rubio have apparently taken a back seat to Sarah Palin who has the top spot and will speak to the "big crowd" later tonight.

Based on the excerpts (gaffes) so far her speech holds the potential to be a real fn classic.

I guess Cliven Bundy was not invited__or perhaps scrubbed at the last minute. That's a shame because the guy really has a way with words and a couple of those cowboy hats are Duke Reagan classics__err Dutch.

Sarah lights them up in Indianapolis__it was the home of he first significant post defeat tea party fundraiser__the one where the people were shocked by her fee. LMAO.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1126431 Apr 26, 2014
NBA Investigating Clippers Owner's Racist Comments

The National Basketball Association is investigating an audio recording of racist comments made by Los Angeles Clippers owner Donald Sterling, ESPN reported on Saturday.

The audio recording, obtained and put online Friday by TMZ, captured Sterling telling his girlfriend that he did not want her bringing black people to his basketball games.

"It bothers me a lot that you want to broadcast that you’re associating with black people," Sterling says on the tape. "Do you have to?"

The argument took place on April 9, according to TMZ, after Sterling's girlfriend, V. Stiviano, posted a photograph on Instagram of herself posing with NBA legend Magic Johnson. On the tape, Sterling also told Stiviano not to bring Johnson to games. A spokesperson for the NBA called Sterling's comments "disturbing and offensive" in a statement to ESPN.

"We are in the process of conducting a full investigation into the audio recording obtained by TMZ," NBA spokesperson Mike Bass told ESPN. "The remarks heard on the recording are disturbing and offensive, but at this time we have no further information."

Sterling's comments had received widespread condemnation by Saturday afternoon. Johnson himself reacted to the recording, vowing not to attend another Clippers game while Sterling remains owner, and calling the comments a "black eye" for the NBA.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/nba-inv...

another guy who needs some right wing media training.

Judged:

10

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#1126432 Apr 26, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>common term for the roman emperor.
Wrong again Jeff.

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#1126433 Apr 26, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>the fact that you so clearly think in "sides", shows you are the real problem in this nation.
You're more of an assman. Huh Jeffrey.

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#1126434 Apr 26, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yes, when people ask what would jesus do, remember that throwing a temper tantrum and chasing people about with a whip is one of the options...
Or, you could fabricate a whole list of fictitious occupations and lie out your ass defending them. Right Jeff?
Nostrilis Waxman

Simsbury, CT

#1126435 Apr 26, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong again Jeff.
The Wood Loon-A-Tic always makes incorrect posts, then says everyone else runs away from his nonsense. This time, he was just pulling a DumbDave weasel routine as usual.

Is his name Jeff?
Nostrilis Waxman

Simsbury, CT

#1126436 Apr 26, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
NBA Investigating Clippers Owner's Racist Comments
The National Basketball Association is investigating an audio recording of racist comments made by Los Angeles Clippers owner Donald Sterling, ESPN reported on Saturday.
The audio recording, obtained and put online Friday by TMZ, captured Sterling telling his girlfriend that he did not want her bringing black people to his basketball games.
"It bothers me a lot that you want to broadcast that you’re associating with black people," Sterling says on the tape. "Do you have to?"
The argument took place on April 9, according to TMZ, after Sterling's girlfriend, V. Stiviano, posted a photograph on Instagram of herself posing with NBA legend Magic Johnson. On the tape, Sterling also told Stiviano not to bring Johnson to games. A spokesperson for the NBA called Sterling's comments "disturbing and offensive" in a statement to ESPN.
"We are in the process of conducting a full investigation into the audio recording obtained by TMZ," NBA spokesperson Mike Bass told ESPN. "The remarks heard on the recording are disturbing and offensive, but at this time we have no further information."
Sterling's comments had received widespread condemnation by Saturday afternoon. Johnson himself reacted to the recording, vowing not to attend another Clippers game while Sterling remains owner, and calling the comments a "black eye" for the NBA.
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/nba-inv...
another guy who needs some right wing media training.
You seem obsessed with the black thing. You are either black and frustrated due to your own situation or a race bating white Democrat. Why are you so racist? It seems that's all you can talk about.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1126437 Apr 26, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem obsessed with the black thing. You are either black and frustrated due to your own situation or a race bating white Democrat. Why are you so racist? It seems that's all you can talk about.
you mean like when tea party types start griping about all those black folks on welfare?

you could say that's not racist, but when there are more white people on welfare than there are black......damn white folks on welfare!

so do all of you nutjobs live on a one way street? i'm getting tired of getting slammed for acting like you guys. case in point: getting hit for the biased source thing is a real hoot considering all you nutjobs have are biased sources.

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Santa Barbara, CA

#1126438 Apr 26, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>my stance is clear. as a professional driver, i am for safer streets.
obviously there is a major problem people are trying to solve here. since the american people are totally against better training and driver education, they went with the enforcement route. just because so many cities set up the systems so shabbily doesn't not mean it cannot work, as the person you your self quoted said..


You are correct. IF the system was set up correctly it could work. However, chances are, the system would no longer be financially attractive to the operator. The way it is set up now, the city does not have to pay Red light camera operator the full rent if fine revenue doesn't meet a certain threshold. To lengthen the yellow lights will result in fewer tickets. No tickets, no revenue. No incentive for the operator to maintain the lights. It's a Catch-22.

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#1126439 Apr 26, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
There is an old adage that goes like this: the truth is best told only in private amongst close friends.
Cliven Bundy found this out the hard way.
Can't go along with that. Bundy's land fees and the overreaction by the federal government was one thing. But what he said was out of plain ignorance.

Slavery was a very cruel institution. No one would wish to be a slave in the south and Bundy would not wish it on himself or his own family.

He went too far.

The silver lining is he shone a big spotlight on real racism. Makes labeling those a racist who simply want smaller government seem rather petty now.
Progressive Retardation

Los Angeles, CA

#1126440 Apr 26, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>my stance is clear. as a professional driver, i am for safer streets.
obviously there is a major problem people are trying to solve here. since the american people are totally against better training and driver education, they went with the enforcement route. just because so many cities set up the systems so shabbily doesn't not mean it cannot work, as the person you your self quoted said..
Another 20 hour day for you on topix? What fkn freeloading liberal butt munch you are
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1126441 Apr 26, 2014
Why we made Cliven Bundy a folk hero

First, as I’ve long lamented, there is a pattern of conservatives embracing someone who is being bullied by the government or the mainstream media, and turning them into some sort of folk hero. But this “the enemy of my enemy is my friend” philosophy is dangerous.

Just because someone is being victimized does not bestow upon them the quality of virtue. What is more, the fact that someone is standing up to our political enemies (think Donald Trump, Ted Nugent, et al.,) does not, in and of itself, make them a worthy or honorable partner.

Yet, we find conservatives trapped in a cycle of abusive relationships. It’s almost like a trap. It usually goes like this: Government or the media oversteps its bounds, conservatives embrace the un-vetted victim, who — once feted and promoted on cable TV and talk radio (this is good business for conservative media, allowing them to pander to their viewers and listeners, and drive their political agenda)— says or does something utterly stupid. Then, MSNBC (and other liberal outlets) then spend weeks covering the boomerang part of the story.

… And then we repeat the cycle a few months later. What almost always starts out as a boon for conservatives leaves them with egg on their face.

Conservatives do this to themselves. In the grand scheme of things — with scandals like Benghazi and topics like Iran to cover — should it matter that some rancher in Nevada is a racist? Should it matter what some random guy thinks about race relations? Of course, not! But it’s hard to make that argument after you’ve spent weeks building him up just so someone else can tear him down.

So why do conservatives keep doing this?

Here’s a theory: When the 1992 Ruby Ridge standoff resulted in the death of Randy Weaver’s wife and son — and when the disastrous 1993 Federal raid on the Branch Davidian in Waco, Texas took place — it’s fair to say that it did have a negative impact on the Clinton Administration (*Note: The Ruby Ridge standoff occurred in 1992, on President George H.W. Bush’s watch).

Both events were tragic, of course, but they also (understandably) fed an anti-government sentiment that was very good for the nascent conservative entertainment complex. Could it be that conservatives are still fighting the last war?

Like the aforementioned examples, Cliven Bundy had an “armed militia of supporters.”(As the New York Times recalled in 1995:“The Ruby Ridge confrontation involved an armed separatist brigade. The Davidians were also well equipped with weapons.”)

So if you are a conservative talk radio host, for example, might you not look at Bundy through the prism of Ruby Ridge? In the beginning, it might have been easy to assume Bundy would also go out in a blaze of glory, becoming a sort of martyr. And in this scenario, it would have been important to have staked out a pro-Bundy position before the government turned him into a real folk hero.

Instead of killing him, the Obama Administration, it turns out, simply assassinated his character. Or, more precisely — they gave him enough rope to hang himself.

It would have been better for the anti-government forces, I suppose, had Bundy met with a different fate.

Dead men tell no tales, they say. They also don’t make racist comments.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2014/04/25/why-we-made...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 44 min RACE 105,186
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr Dr Guru 240,817
GOP: Kids should be financially independent soo... 2 hr Mike Rowe 4
ex chicago police woman (Jul '16) 2 hr Starr 22
Review: Chicago Hauntings Tours 3 hr Annie Cooney 1
News Morning Spin: Preckwinkle says she'll run for r... 3 hr Yes But 2
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 5 hr SweLL GirL 10,691

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages