Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1747186 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1126559 Apr 26, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
NBA Investigating Clippers Owner's Racist Comments
The National Basketball Association is investigating an audio recording of racist comments made by Los Angeles Clippers owner Donald Sterling, ESPN reported on Saturday.
The audio recording, obtained and put online Friday by TMZ, captured Sterling telling his girlfriend that he did not want her bringing black people to his basketball games.
"It bothers me a lot that you want to broadcast that you’re associating with black people," Sterling says on the tape. "Do you have to?"
The argument took place on April 9, according to TMZ, after Sterling's girlfriend, V. Stiviano, posted a photograph on Instagram of herself posing with NBA legend Magic Johnson. On the tape, Sterling also told Stiviano not to bring Johnson to games. A spokesperson for the NBA called Sterling's comments "disturbing and offensive" in a statement to ESPN.
"We are in the process of conducting a full investigation into the audio recording obtained by TMZ," NBA spokesperson Mike Bass told ESPN. "The remarks heard on the recording are disturbing and offensive, but at this time we have no further information."
Sterling's comments had received widespread condemnation by Saturday afternoon. Johnson himself reacted to the recording, vowing not to attend another Clippers game while Sterling remains owner, and calling the comments a "black eye" for the NBA.
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/nba-inv...
another guy who needs some right wing media training.
do you think the fact that Magic Johnson is closely associated with the Lakers, the business competition for and arch-rival of the Clippers, might have something to do with the situation????......

get serious, fool.....
Patrick n Angela

Chapel Hill, NC

#1126560 Apr 26, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
The reference to permanent jobs is to operating personnel, not maintenance.
Projects such as this typically try to minimize employment totals to avoid impacts on rural communities.
Note also the substantial benefit to local property taxes....
besides, jobs are a side benefit of the project, not the reason for the project......
only employment agencies like Government Motors are in business to create jobs instead of producing products.....
GM bailout cost Romney Michigan and Ohio in 2012.

"Mission Accomplished" as President George W. Bush might say!
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#1126561 Apr 26, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>oh that's right, you were the idiot that thought you knew who i was and that i was selling tools on ebay..(never done that either0
wow! id dint realize i had touched so many people so deeply that you all think of me all the time day and night...it is flattering. i must be like some kind of god to you, huh?
Feb 5, 1957 Jeff aka: woodtick57 is a certifiable liar...

It's the culture...
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1126562 Apr 26, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
No, but the BLM hundred you off to the side son.
lol! I guess you're having a problem with your Russian to English translation.

But don't worry son! I won't hold it against you!
Progressive Retardation

Los Angeles, CA

#1126563 Apr 26, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
Chris Hayes' Devastating Spoof Of Fox News Race Baiting: It's Time For White People To Speak Out Against The Ills Of White Culture!
MSNBC's Chris Hayes may well have done THE ultimate takedown last night of Fox News' race baiting disguised as concern trolling.
Hayes got in jabs at everything that deserved jabs: the whitesplaining, the phony concern, ridiculous attacks on the media - and my personal favorite, a dig at Hannity's "proof" that George Zimmerman can't be a racist because he took an African American to the prom.
Bravo!
Read more at http://www.newshounds.us/chris_hayes_devastat...
Only fitting that a hateful racist pile of dung like you watch msnbc, they are the most racist hateful network on the air, and the worst ratings too. Go eat your TV dinner LardAss
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1126564 Apr 26, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
do you think the fact that Magic Johnson is closely associated with the Lakers, the business competition for and arch-rival of the Clippers, might have something to do with the situation????......
get serious, fool.....
Isn't he part owner of the Dodgers now?
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#1126565 Apr 26, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>oh that's right, you were the idiot that thought you knew who i was and that i was selling tools on ebay..(never done that either0
wow! id dint realize i had touched so many people so deeply that you all think of me all the time day and night...it is flattering. i must be like some kind of god to you, huh?
Your an idiot...

Facts are Fun!! LOL... Internet is Fun!!

It's the culture...
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#1126566 Apr 26, 2014
You're

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1126567 Apr 26, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
Speaking of liars!
<quoted text>
He will say he chased us away! Mental illness?
Yep!
you seem to be here every single night of the year, huh?

i don't chase you off, i make you run from your own words..

like the little coward you are.

you should try to talk about an issue of substance once..that should be entertaining. but if all you can do is hurl third grade taunts..stick with what you know, i always say...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1126568 Apr 26, 2014
Progressive Retardation wrote:
<quoted text>Only fitting that a hateful racist pile of dung like you watch msnbc, they are the most racist hateful network on the air, and the worst ratings too. Go eat your TV dinner LardAss
Primetime Racism on Fox

Hannity’s long history of boosting bigots

http://fair.org/extra-online-articles/primeti...

wanna take another shot at it?

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1126569 Apr 26, 2014
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>Feb 5, 1957 Jeff aka: woodtick57 is a certifiable liar...
It's the culture...
sad of you to talk of someone you don't know that way.

but then you have no culture....

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1126570 Apr 26, 2014
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>Your an idiot...
Facts are Fun!! LOL... Internet is Fun!!
It's the culture...
so fun when the grammar nazis trip on their own dick..whuch is really hard for you as yours is so teeny..

have you ever made one rammatically correct sentence, grammar nazi? i haven't seen one.

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1126571 Apr 26, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
there are other gas and oil pipelines all over the country, all of which have easements across public and private property........
plus utility easements, probably on your own property....check your deed.....
the danger is far lower than for rail or highway transportation......
Transporting heavy oil sands crude is a whole different ball game with disastrous consequences.

"It has been three years since an Enbridge Energy (whose parent company is based in Calgary, Alberta) pipeline ruptured beneath Marshal small Michigan, spewing more than 840,000 gallons of thick oil sands crude into the Kalamazoo River and Talmadge Creek, the largest oil pipeline failure in the country’s history. Last March, an Exxon Mobil pipeline burst in Mayflower, Ark., releasing thousands of gallons of oil and forcing the evacuation of 22 homes.

Both pipeline companies have spent tens of millions of dollars trying to recover the heavy crude, similar to the product Keystone XL would carry. River and floodplain ecosystems have had to be restored, and neighborhoods are still being refurbished. Legal battles are being waged, and residents’ lives have been forever changed."

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/08/11/us/amid-pip...
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#1126572 Apr 26, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>sad of you to talk of someone you don't know that way.
but then you have no culture....
You can run moron, but you can't hide you idiot dumbass..

You know nothing of or how the internet or Topixs works you moron... and your opinions woodtick are worthless and illiterate...

Just can't fix a stupid CLARINDA, IA liberal..

Google maps anyone??

It's the culture...

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1126573 Apr 26, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>so fun when the grammar nazis trip on their own dick..whuch is really hard for you as yours is so teeny..
have you ever made one rammatically correct sentence, grammar nazi? i haven't seen one.
have you ever made one rammatically correct sentence?

You just did, I guess.

Whatever "rammatically" means, I suppose.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#1126574 Apr 26, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>so fun when the grammar nazis trip on their own dick..whuch is really hard for you as yours is so teeny..
have you ever made one rammatically correct sentence, grammar nazi? i haven't seen one.
so fun when the grammar nazis trip on their own dick..whuch is jeff aka: woodtick..

you are a certifiable dumbasss..

It's the culture...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1126575 Apr 26, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
have you ever made one rammatically correct sentence?
You just did, I guess.
Whatever "rammatically" means, I suppose.
it's kinda like Salinsky.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1126576 Apr 26, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Transporting heavy oil sands crude is a whole different ball game with disastrous consequences.
"It has been three years since an Enbridge Energy (whose parent company is based in Calgary, Alberta) pipeline ruptured beneath Marshal small Michigan, spewing more than 840,000 gallons of thick oil sands crude into the Kalamazoo River and Talmadge Creek, the largest oil pipeline failure in the country’s history. Last March, an Exxon Mobil pipeline burst in Mayflower, Ark., releasing thousands of gallons of oil and forcing the evacuation of 22 homes.
Both pipeline companies have spent tens of millions of dollars trying to recover the heavy crude, similar to the product Keystone XL would carry. River and floodplain ecosystems have had to be restored, and neighborhoods are still being refurbished. Legal battles are being waged, and residents’ lives have been forever changed."
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/08/11/us/amid-pip...
Accidents happen. Always will

If you want to eliminate all accidents then go back to your little world of 10' Mushrooms and Blue Fairies and eliminate

* Vehicles. All kinds. ICE, Electric, trains, airplanes...even golf carts

* Chainsaws

* Electricity. Juice kills.

* Knives

* Snow Skis, Water Skis, Snowboards, Waterboards

...but we'll keep all this stuff so we can live fuller lives not the boring one you dream of.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1126577 Apr 26, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Transporting heavy oil sands crude is a whole different ball game with disastrous consequences.
"It has been three years since an Enbridge Energy (whose parent company is based in Calgary, Alberta) pipeline ruptured beneath Marshal small Michigan, spewing more than 840,000 gallons of thick oil sands crude into the Kalamazoo River and Talmadge Creek, the largest oil pipeline failure in the country’s history. Last March, an Exxon Mobil pipeline burst in Mayflower, Ark., releasing thousands of gallons of oil and forcing the evacuation of 22 homes.
Both pipeline companies have spent tens of millions of dollars trying to recover the heavy crude, similar to the product Keystone XL would carry. River and floodplain ecosystems have had to be restored, and neighborhoods are still being refurbished. Legal battles are being waged, and residents’ lives have been forever changed."
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/08/11/us/amid-pip...
shipping it by rail didn't turn out too well for those poor people in Lac-Megantic, Quebec, did it.

moving oil is messy, dangerous business, and just about every pipeline built has had a leak, but for amount of crude moved it is safer than trucking and railing it. and with a far, fa lower carbon footprint if you re interested in such.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#1126578 Apr 26, 2014
woodtick is a dumbass...

Facts are Fun.. Internet is Fun!!

It's the culture..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Change one letter in the word (Apr '12) 1 hr winner 46
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 1 hr winner 3,830
Word (Dec '08) 1 hr winner 6,977
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 1 hr winner 1,077
Change one letter in the word (Mar '12) 1 hr winner 72
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr winner 12,265
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 1 hr winner 2,584
Trump is A 3 hr Dumbolitis 650

Chicago Jobs

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages