Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1276650 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Patrick

United States

#1124986 Apr 24, 2014
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Deductibles were not just created and they weren't created by President Obama.
I agree that deductibles pose a hardship for most people and should be eliminated. This can be done by the elimination of the insurance companies and transitioning into universal single payer. No deductibles, no copays, paid through taxation, not attached to employment.
Single payer not popular with libertarians.
Republicans want to repeal Medicare and Medicaid.
Tough when people have cancer, two friends of Angela have this and in advanced stage.
Costs a great deal and without insurance you are dead. Heartbreak.

The Republican "go to the Emergency room"
seems the lie of the 20th century.
REALGREYLILLYDAV EYBOY

Schenectady, NY

#1124987 Apr 24, 2014
Fact is. Libs want their healthcare paid for by the same people who pay for their grocerys.

“Stop Child Soliders”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1124988 Apr 24, 2014
Probe: DHS watchdog cozy with officials, altered reports as he sought top job

"The top watchdog for the Department of Homeland Security altered and delayed investigations at the request of senior administration officials, compromising his independent role as an inspector general, according to a new report from a Senate oversight panel.

Charles K. Edwards, who served as acting DHS inspector general from 2011 through 2013, routinely shared drinks and dinner with department leaders and gave them inside information about the timing and findings of investigations, according to the report from an oversight panel of the Homeland Security and Government Operations Committee

Johnson and Sen. Claire McCaskill (D-Mo.), the subcommittee’s chairman, opened the investigation while looking into the hiring of prostitutes by Secret Service agents ahead of a 2012 presidential trip to Cartagena, Colombia. Whistleblowers alleged that Edwards had ordered them to remove derogatory information about the service and evidence implicating a White House staff member ; more staff members came forward to allege deletions and delays in other reports."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/probe-...

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#1124989 Apr 24, 2014
Old_Goober wrote:
<quoted text>
Motherjones? Now there's a bastion of impartiality fer ya!
I think that you need some historical perspective on Great American Civic Leaders.. "Mary Harris "Mother" Jones (1837[1][2]– 30 November 1930) was an Irish-American schoolteacher and dressmaker who became a prominent labor and community organizer. She then helped coordinate major strikes and cofounded the Industrial Workers of the World.

Jones worked as a teacher and dressmaker, but after her husband and four children all died of yellow fever and her workshop was destroyed in a fire in 1871, she began working as an organizer for the Knights of Labor and the United Mine Workers union. From 1897, at around 60 years of age, she was known as Mother Jones. In 1902 she was called "the most dangerous woman in America" for her success in organizing mine workers and their families against the mine owners. In 1903, upset about the lax enforcement of the child labor laws in the Pennsylvania mines and silk mills, she organized a Children's March from Philadelphia to the home of then president Theodore Roosevelt in New York. Mother Jones magazine, established in 1970, is named for her." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Harris_Jone...
dem

United States

#1124990 Apr 24, 2014
Eleanor Beaver wrote:
The Wise Latina favors racial discrimination. You see, to Sotomayor, affirmative action is personal.

¨She’s said she believes she got into Princeton and Yale Law because of affirmative action, disclosing once that “my test scores were not comparable to that of my colleagues at Princeton or Yale.”

¨With her extreme positions and her elevated judicial standing, Sotomayor has now become the poster girl for self-interested racial preferences. Her mediocre performance on SAT and LSAT tests served as a predictor of her performance on the Court. Two fellow liberals on the Court abandoned her, leaving only Ginsburg in her camp.[T]he Left now is after Ginsburg, trying to get her to resign so that President Obama can appoint a young and healthy liberal to spend the next few decades rewriting the Constitution.¨

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2014/04/t...
Proving that gunner is threatened by all minorities and all women.

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

#1124991 Apr 24, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
You make a fool out of yourself every day with your hyperventilating about the Tea Party. Progressives have more enemies than the Tea Party. You are as bad as Mr. Fox News-sonic.
I think you are a bigot for claiming it was bigot. That is the part you failed to get.
I happen to think racism & bigotry are disgusting traits.

You defend them. I call them out.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1124992 Apr 24, 2014
Hold on everybody. I found one! I found one!

A guy I know is a rightwinger politically and the guy is very smart aside from his politics.
Aphelion

Melbourne, FL

#1124993 Apr 24, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Reagan signed off on every increase. he owns them.
He did so under the condition of trusting the hypocritical democrats to keep their word. Which they did not. Typical democrats!
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1124994 Apr 24, 2014
Homer was surprised to learn he was a rightwinger because this person is highly intelligent.
Aphelion

Melbourne, FL

#1124995 Apr 24, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yes, it is a proven fact. one that can even be replicated in a laboratory settings. there are many gasses that can create a greenhouse effect.
real scientists know this is proven fact. all of them.
Failure to duplicate Wood's 1909 greenhouse experiment

In 1909 the noted physicist R.W. Wood conducted an experiment aimed at demonstrating that the temperature of a greenhouse was not significantly influenced by the trapping of infrared radiation by its glass windows, but rather was the result of preventing its air from mixing with the cooler air outside the greenhouse. Wood observed less than a degree of difference between two boxes with respectively a glass and a rock salt window, see Wood's article along with comments by W.M. Connolley, to whom I am indebted for drawing Wood's experiment to my attention.

It is customary in physics to confirm experiments by repeating them before accepting them as definitive. Remarkably this custom has not been observed for this experiment, which has simply been accepted unquestioningly for the past hundred years as proof of Wood's suspicion.

We have our doubts about Wood's experiment. First it is documented so sketchily as to make it impossible to duplicate faithfully. Second, it contradicts the understanding of a century of physicists who preceded Wood, starting with Fourier in 1824. Third, calculation of the quantity of heat that should be trapped by the glass window in Wood's experiment shows that fully two-thirds of the heat entering the box fails to be transmitted back through the window, raising the question of how that heat is able to leave the box without raising its temperature significantly. Wood makes no attempt to reconcile his one observation with this elephant in the room.

http://boole.stanford.edu/WoodExpt/

“Come Home America!”

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#1124996 Apr 24, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Boy! That was a big whopper, wasn't it??
Imagine all the little lies they're not blatantly announcing thinking we're too stupid to catch them in the really big ones.
No, actually it wasn't. Only a mere 1% of all Americans with healthcare insurance may have 'lost their doctor ' through having to change healthcare plans. I'd say that was a very small price to pay for over 30 million more Americans being able to finally purchase health insurance at affordable rates without being discriminated against by Big Health Insurers to pay exorbitantly higher prices because of pre-existing health reasons.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1124997 Apr 24, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
Single payer not popular with libertarians.
Republicans want to repeal Medicare and Medicaid.
Tough when people have cancer, two friends of Angela have this and in advanced stage.
Costs a great deal and without insurance you are dead. Heartbreak.
The Republican "go to the Emergency room"
seems the lie of the 20th century.
what republicans have campaigned on repealing medicare and medicaid?
dem

United States

#1124998 Apr 24, 2014
REALGREYLILLYDAVEYBOY wrote:
Fact is. Libs want their healthcare paid for by the same people who pay for their grocerys.
I bet they can spell groceries though.

“Miss. Guided Liberal”

Bumpass, VA

#1124999 Apr 24, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a great liar old dummy. You say nothing when Dem makes jokes about gassing jews. You are a bigot & racist phony.

“Come Home America!”

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#1125000 Apr 24, 2014
Homer wrote:
Homer was surprised to learn he was a rightwinger because this person is highly intelligent.
So, Homer is a noble political 'oxymoron':A democratic Republican ?
dem

United States

#1125001 Apr 24, 2014
Aphelion wrote:
<quoted text>Failure to duplicate Wood's 1909 greenhouse experiment

In 1909 the noted physicist R.W. Wood conducted an experiment aimed at demonstrating that the temperature of a greenhouse was not significantly influenced by the trapping of infrared radiation by its glass windows, but rather was the result of preventing its air from mixing with the cooler air outside the greenhouse. Wood observed less than a degree of difference between two boxes with respectively a glass and a rock salt window, see Wood's article along with comments by W.M. Connolley, to whom I am indebted for drawing Wood's experiment to my attention.

It is customary in physics to confirm experiments by repeating them before accepting them as definitive. Remarkably this custom has not been observed for this experiment, which has simply been accepted unquestioningly for the past hundred years as proof of Wood's suspicion.

We have our doubts about Wood's experiment. First it is documented so sketchily as to make it impossible to duplicate faithfully. Second, it contradicts the understanding of a century of physicists who preceded Wood, starting with Fourier in 1824. Third, calculation of the quantity of heat that should be trapped by the glass window in Wood's experiment shows that fully two-thirds of the heat entering the box fails to be transmitted back through the window, raising the question of how that heat is able to leave the box without raising its temperature significantly. Wood makes no attempt to reconcile his one observation with this elephant in the room.

Get lost you tea bag topix scientist before I knock the dumb out of you.
REALGREYLILLYDAV EYBOY

Schenectady, NY

#1125002 Apr 24, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Fact is realdavey is a racist bigot . Now his bitterness is understandable as he defines his own demeanor as disgusting.

“Miss. Guided Liberal”

Bumpass, VA

#1125003 Apr 24, 2014
Homer wrote:
Hold on everybody. I found one! I found one!
A guy I know is a rightwinger politically and the guy is very smart aside from his politics.
Rightwingers are very rare in you mental institution you reside in. Most residents are just like you, Democrat!

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1125004 Apr 24, 2014
Aphelion wrote:
<quoted text>
Failure to duplicate Wood's 1909 greenhouse experiment
what does one person's experiment have to do with it?

it is proven science that CO2 gas int eh atmosphere creates a greenhouse effect, just as other gasses do..

life on earth would not exist as we know it without the greenhouse effect of our atmosphere...all scientists know this, yet you deny it is true...

amazing.
Aphelion

Miami, FL

#1125005 Apr 24, 2014
When it's cold I laugh at global warming. I like to pretend weather and climate are the same thing and have people laugh at me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 7 min Red_Forman 6,426
Ask Amy 9-1-15 8 min PEllen 2
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 12 min Patriot AKA Bozo 54,538
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 20 min PEllen 100,636
Dear Abby 9-1-15 26 min PEllen 1
News The Chicago hunger strike for Dyett High School... 46 min reality is a crutch 1
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 50 min Joe Balls 196,922
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages