Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
1,033,261 - 1,033,280 of 1,081,960 Comments Last updated 5 min ago
Slash

Chicago Ridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2014

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
A poll released Wednesday offers yet another data point showing the politics of Obamacare aren't as set in stone as the conventional wisdom would have you believe. Embracing Obamacare isn't necessarily a political loser, and obstructing it isn't necessarily a winner.

The New York Times/Kaiser Family Foundation poll surveyed four Southern states that will help determine control of the Senate this fall. It earned headlines for finding the Democrats in better shape in the Senate races than most would have expected.

But it also assessed the popularity of four governors who have taken vastly different approaches to Obamacare -- and the findings are a direct contradiction of the narrative that the law is a loser, plain and simple, especially in states like these.

The poll showed Arkansas Gov. Mike Beebe (D) and Kentucky Gov. Steve Beshear (D), who expanded Medicaid under the law, are hugely popular. Their approval ratings are more than 20 points higher than their disapproval ratings; Beebe holds 68 percent approval, and Beshear is at 56 percent.

But Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal (R) and North Carolina Gov. Pat McCrory (R) are at best treading water with their constituents after they declined to expand the program to cover low-income residents. McCrory is middling, with 43 percent approval and 44 percent disapproval, while Jindal is 14 percent underwater at 40 percent approval and 54 percent disapproval.

The poll findings don't necessarily suggest causation: Beebe and Beshear are long-serving governors who are likely popular for a number of reasons. Likewise, Jindal has had a rocky tenure outside of the Affordable Care Act, and McCrory is enduring a scandal related to environmental regulation. It is also just one poll out of many, though it tracks with other findings.

But they do continue to sink the notion that Obamacare support is an abject disaster politically, particularly in states that voted against President Barack Obama in the presidential elections. Beebe and Beshear enjoy an unthinkable popularity for most politicians, while Jindal and McCrory are struggling to win over their constituents.

Participating in the law didn't doom the former; rejecting it didn't lift the latter. Paired with the unexpectedly good Senate results for Democrats, the political narrative that Obamacare will carry Republicans to victory by default appears more and more shaky.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/dc/nyt-kff-poll-...
And the ACA is gaining popularity everyday. Even carol will be using it soon.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2014

Judged:

Homer wrote:
<quoted text>You should have waited until you got down to Jerry's to share with your racist buddies. "And we all laughed and laughed."
Sorry no racists at Jerry's or Longshots. Wing's maybe but I don't go in there often..
Slash

Chicago Ridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2014

Judged:

Bout time to make that come swallower fork face angry.
Should take me about two minutes.
Start the clock as he starts sucking my Koch.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2014

Judged:

Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem you seem to be having with Gray Ghost is that he describes events from the perspective of someone living in the real world.
... another delusional idiot.

... and that explains the rift in the Repupblican Party between the Democrat plants wearing RINO costumes sabotaging any opposition to the Democrat agenda, and the TEA Party.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2014

Judged:

The Heartland Institute, according to the Institute's web site, is a nonprofit "think tank" that questions the reality and import of climate change, second-hand smoke health hazards, and a host of other issues that might seem to require government regulation. A July 2011 Nature editorial points out the group's lack of credibility:

"Despite criticizing climate scientists for being overconfident about their data, models and theories, the Heartland Institute proclaims a conspicuous confidence in single studies and grand interpretations....makes many bold assertions that are often questionable or misleading.... Many climate sceptics seem to review scientific data and studies not as scientists but as attorneys, magnifying doubts and treating incomplete explanations as falsehoods rather than signs of progress towards the truth.... The Heartland Institute and its ilk are not trying to build a theory of anything. They have set the bar much lower, and are happy muddying the waters."[

http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php...
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2014

Judged:

Slash wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for that racist post you copy and pasted earlier. Gunner likes to pretend you right wingers really aren't racists.
tell us...what was the longest you were ever on foodstamps?
Hillary

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2014

Judged:

Slash wrote:
<quoted text>
Put the gun in your mouth and pull trigger. Nobody will miss you.
What DIFFERENCE do YOU make? lol

Since: Jun 13

Dundas, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2014

Slash wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for that racist post you copy and pasted earlier. Gunner likes to pretend you right wingers really aren't racists.
And you negro's try not to sound black.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2014

Judged:

Global Warming Trend over last 16 Years Greatly Underestimated, according to New Method

A validated, hybrid method of measuring global temperatures has been developed this year, which fills in the large gaps of missing temperatures by using satellite data.

This new method shows that the Met Office in the UK, which uses the HadCRUT4 data base for global temperatures, greatly underestimated the global warming trend over the past 16 years by as much as two-and-a-half times.

http://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-blogs/c...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2014

Judged:

leosnana wrote:
<quoted text> If you were a white person you would know how to write correctly.
my white half had a drink.
Slash

Chicago Ridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2014

Judged:

DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>... another delusional idiot.

... and that explains the rift in the Repupblican Party between the Democrat plants wearing RINO costumes sabotaging any opposition to the Democrat agenda, and the TEA Party.
Afternoon, lil jagoff.
Find that Russian beitch that stole your money yet?
Slash

Chicago Ridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2014

Judged:

forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>and you spend your whole day calling people 'fkn imbecile' while you change oil in cars...
Lick the tip of my Koch. Pretend I'm your father.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2014

Judged:

Climate Misinformer: Christopher Monckton

Christopher Monckton is a British consultant, policy adviser, writer, columnist, and hereditary peer. While not formally trained in science, Monckton is one of the most cited and widely published climate skeptics, having even been invited to testify to the U.S. Senate and Congress on several occasions.

For a comprehensive rebuttal of many of Christopher Monckton's arguments, check out this presentation by Professor John Abraham. Abraham has compiled many examples where Monckton misrepresents the very scientists whose work he cites. Check out this PDF of Monckton quotes versus the scientists who in their own words explain how Monckton misrepresents their research.

http://www.skepticalscience.com/Monckton_Myth...
Slash

Chicago Ridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2014

Judged:

Eleanor Beaver wrote:
<quoted text>Attention wh*re!

Now we know why you constantly act like a potty-mouthed, developmentally arrested, juvenile delinquent with a double digit IQ!
Were you lurking? Let me guess a 'stakeout'. Just waiting for the right minute to fling your sh it?
Go hide for a year again, flatfoot moron.

Since: Jan 11

Mount Holly, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2014

Judged:

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are surprised by it? Interesting. Well, one of them has been in jail since February on a million dollar bond; my guess is the lawyer will make a motion for bond reduction.
They got busted because of an informant; they had a whole stash plus weapons.
I am not surprised by it at all; the wealthy kids have more money to invest; most drug customers are white males; they feel protected within their environment. They are not subject to shake downs and random searches by the cops; they aren't pulled over for driving while white, they are usually invisible to law enforcement.
Who do you think delivers the drugs to the Wall Street guys?
Watch this story; I doubt they'll do any time.
If they were black, they'd get 15 years min mandatory sentence
I'm surprised due to the area. It is very unusual on the Mainline, a very affluent area. I also said it's about time. I agree with you when all of the attention is focused on the obvious areas, where all of the drug turf shootings occur, leaving the less obvious alone.

I would like to see them do time also. I don't believe the feds are involved, so they just might.
I don't believe Philly has a stop n' frisk policy like NYC, so, I don't know where you get the shakedown thing from. Stopping people because they are black would be a monumental task in Philly. Hell, they just might stop the mayor.:-)
Slash

Chicago Ridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2014

Judged:

I must say having a high school drop out cop call me dumb is really funny.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2014

Judged:

Triple Facepalm: Four Counties in Alabama Have More Active Voters Than Adult Residents
45,823 Shares By Emily Hulsey 1 day ago
Four Alabama counties need to do some major work on their voter registration lists.
In Lowndes, Greene, Macon and Wilcox Counties, the numbers of active voters are actually higher than the numbers of adults who reside there:
2014-04-22_1029
Additionally, in eight counties there are more registered voters than adults:
2014-04-22_1031
There are a lot of factors at play with these numbers, such as under-reporting by the Census and duplicate registrations at public assistance offices, which are required to offer enrollees the chance to sign up to vote. If someone registers more than once with a different name spelling or date of birth, it often slips by unnoticed.
These discrepancies, which are not limited to Alabama but are common throughout the country, create ample opportunity for voter fraud, especially in states that do not require voters to show identification.
Fortunately, Alabama recently passed a voter ID law, and as that law goes into effect this year, it is very likely that we’ll see the above numbers improve.
Slash

Chicago Ridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2014

Judged:

puffpuffpass wrote:
<quoted text>And you negro's try not to sound black.
I'm not your son, racist Pusscccee
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2014

Judged:

New Records: IRS Targeted Progressive Groups More Extensively Than Tea Party

A series of IRS documents, provided to ThinkProgress under the Freedom of Information Act, appears to contradict the claims by Rep. Darrell Issa (R-CA) and his House Oversight and Government Reform Committee that only Tea Party organizations applying for tax-exempt status “received systematic scrutiny because of their political beliefs.” The 22 “Be On the Look Out” keywords lists, distributed to staff reviewing applications between August 12, 2010 and April 19, 2013, included more explicit references to progressive groups, ACORN successors, and medical marijuana organizations than to Tea Party entities.

The IRS provided the heavily-redacted lists to ThinkProgress, after nearly a year-long search. From the earliest lists through 2012, the “historical” section of the lists encouraged reviewers to watch out for “progressive” groups with names like “blue,” as their requests for 501(c)(3) charitable status might be inappropriate. Their inclusion in this section suggests that the concern predates the initial 2010 list.

Explicit references to “Tea Party,” included in the “emerging issues” section of the lists, also began in August 2010 — but stopped appearing after the May 10, 2011 list. From that point on, the lists instructed agents to flag all political advocacy groups of any stripe. The documents instructed the agents to forward any “organization involved with political, lobbying, or advocacy” applying for 501(c)(3) or 501(c)(4) status be forwarded to “group 7822&#8243; for additional review. Groups under both categories are limited in the amount of of lobbying and political activity each can undertake.

http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2014/04/23/...
Slash

Chicago Ridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2014

Judged:

Hillary wrote:
<quoted text>What DIFFERENCE do YOU make? lol
Coward!
Do it.
Spray your one brain cell all over your trailer with your shotgun.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

114 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
North Korea Vows to Nuke White House 6 min Long live N Korea 1
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 9 min Jacques from Ottawa 174,913
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 10 min Terry rigsby 48,937
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Mar '09) 30 min Sgt Prepper 3,996
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (May '09) 32 min Sgt Prepper 3,154
Amy 7-28 33 min Kuuipo 9
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Feb '09) 36 min Sgt Prepper 5,193
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr Mister Tonka 97,562
•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Cook County was issued at July 28 at 9:22AM CDT

•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search