Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1762818 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#1126084 Apr 25, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>ummm..since i am not this jeffery no i did not.
here's a hint for you syphilitic addled brain..( you really should have unprotected sex with teen boy hookers...) most people that use the term engineer are refering to a career in the engineering sciences.
i pointed out that it was a coincindence that some HEOs call themselves operating engineers.
you should post this jeffery's name and address. sounds like a cool guy, and i am sure he would be glad to here you are posting his info on this site. go ahead. tell me who this jeffery is and where you got this info...
and again, why are you attempting to stalk me? that's the really creepy part...
i feel sorry for this jeffery with all the nude pictures of yourself you must be sending him...
Instead of names and meaningless insults you dumbass, jump out there and prove mdbuilder wrong or whine on you ignorant dumbass... Yet another idiot liberal running backwards..

Still we can tell more about woodtick by what the old bagger says about others than you can by what others say about you fool!!

It's the culture....

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1126085 Apr 25, 2014
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"woodendick000"
A major difference unlike "leosampleanus" I do not claim to be a spelling and grammar effort. You on the other hand a liar, you claim to be a "conservative", that is a lie, you are upset with our current boy president, nobama, because he is not progressive enough.
Peace
KMA
GPUAR
you have attempted to play the grammar nazi. perhaps you forgot which name you were using.
go piss up your own rope...
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#1126086 Apr 25, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>ahhh...the wanna-be grammar nazi in action posting gibberish..
it is so fun watching you beat yourself up. i bet on both of your personalities taking a dive in the third...
And every family has one weird relative. If you don't now who it is woodtick, then it's probably you dumbass...

Facts are Fun!!

It's the culture...
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1126087 Apr 25, 2014
Hmmm..... Things ARE looking grim now.

Maybe he'll run for president?

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_CON...

"Apr 25, 5:57 PM EDT

Lawyer: Congressman Grimm to face federal charges

By JAKE PEARSON
Associated Press
AP Photo
AP Photo/Jacquelyn Martin
US Video

Buy AP Photo Reprints

NEW YORK (AP)-- Republican U.S. Rep. Michael Grimm, who has been dogged by allegations of campaign violations since his first campaign for Congress in 2009 and 2010, is facing criminal charges from federal prosecutors, his lawyer said on Friday.

A House Ethics Committee announced in November that Grimm was under investigation for possible campaign finance violations but said it would defer its inquiry because of a separate Department of Justice investigation.

A spokesman for the U.S. attorney's office in Brooklyn said Friday he couldn't confirm, deny or comment on the case. The FBI's New York office, which handles investigations, also declined to comment.

Grimm's attorney, William McGinley, said in a statement he wasn't surprised by the impending charges, which he didn't disclose. But he maintained the lawmaker had done nothing wrong.

"After more than two years of investigation plagued by malicious leaks, violations of grand jury secrecy, and strong-arm tactics, the U.S. Attorney's Office has disclosed its intent to file criminal charges against Congressman Grimm," he said in the statement. "When the dust settles, he will be vindicated."

Grimm made headlines in January after confronting a New York City cable news station reporter who tried to question him about a long-running FBI investigation into campaign finance on a balcony in the Capitol.

After reporter Michael Scotto finished his report, Grimm stormed back, leaned into him and said, "Let me be clear to you. If you ever do that to me again, I'll throw you off this (expletive) balcony."..."

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1126088 Apr 25, 2014
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>so now the liberal feminist has a problem with women on front lines? I thought you would die for your right to die for your convictions--now no?
Obsess much?

St. Croix valley

#1126089 Apr 25, 2014
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>Instead of names and meaningless insults you dumbass, jump out there and prove mdbuilder wrong or whine on you ignorant dumbass... Yet another idiot liberal running backwards..
Still we can tell more about woodtick by what the old bagger says about others than you can by what others say about you fool!!
It's the culture....
yeah...already did that..

do try to keep up, dear...

St. Croix valley

#1126090 Apr 25, 2014
Yeah wrote:
Hmmm..... Things ARE looking grim now.
Maybe he'll run for president?
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_CON...
"Apr 25, 5:57 PM EDT
Lawyer: Congressman Grimm to face federal charges
By JAKE PEARSON
Associated Press
AP Photo
AP Photo/Jacquelyn Martin
US Video
Buy AP Photo Reprints
NEW YORK (AP)-- Republican U.S. Rep. Michael Grimm, who has been dogged by allegations of campaign violations since his first campaign for Congress in 2009 and 2010, is facing criminal charges from federal prosecutors, his lawyer said on Friday.
A House Ethics Committee announced in November that Grimm was under investigation for possible campaign finance violations but said it would defer its inquiry because of a separate Department of Justice investigation.
A spokesman for the U.S. attorney's office in Brooklyn said Friday he couldn't confirm, deny or comment on the case. The FBI's New York office, which handles investigations, also declined to comment.
Grimm's attorney, William McGinley, said in a statement he wasn't surprised by the impending charges, which he didn't disclose. But he maintained the lawmaker had done nothing wrong.
"After more than two years of investigation plagued by malicious leaks, violations of grand jury secrecy, and strong-arm tactics, the U.S. Attorney's Office has disclosed its intent to file criminal charges against Congressman Grimm," he said in the statement. "When the dust settles, he will be vindicated."
Grimm made headlines in January after confronting a New York City cable news station reporter who tried to question him about a long-running FBI investigation into campaign finance on a balcony in the Capitol.
After reporter Michael Scotto finished his report, Grimm stormed back, leaned into him and said, "Let me be clear to you. If you ever do that to me again, I'll throw you off this (expletive) balcony."..."
is he still in office?!? according to the good an honest righ wing nutjobs on this site, a guy like this in the republican party would have been tossed to the curb within 24 hours of this unethical behavior and forced to wear a Scarlet 'D' on his clothes for life...
but he is still in office? after threatening a reporter using his first amendment rights with death? there must be some mistake here...

*Vinnie Barbarino* " I'm so confused!".....
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1126091 Apr 25, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
Fifteen trillion dollars: That’s how much American taxpayers have forked over in the name of helping the poor since 1964. And what do we have to show for it? A poverty rate that has barely budged, an entrenched bureaucracy, and a population — like that of Greece and Portugal, two welfare-state basket cases — increasingly dependent on government handouts.
These are the conclusions of a recent Cato Institute report on the American welfare state by Michael Tanner, Cato’s director of health and welfare studies and author of The Poverty of Welfare: Helping Others in Civil Society. It is hardly an encouraging read, to say the least.
so you're wanting to talk about inequality?

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1126092 Apr 25, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
Fifteen trillion dollars: That’s how much American taxpayers have forked over in the name of helping the poor since 1964. And what do we have to show for it? A poverty rate that has barely budged, an entrenched bureaucracy, and a population — like that of Greece and Portugal, two welfare-state basket cases — increasingly dependent on government handouts.
These are the conclusions of a recent Cato Institute report on the American welfare state by Michael Tanner, Cato’s director of health and welfare studies and author of The Poverty of Welfare: Helping Others in Civil Society. It is hardly an encouraging read, to say the least.
Aw yes. The Koch brother's Cato Institute.'Nuff said on that report.

According to the public policy organization Demos, since 1980 the black poverty rate has fallen by 5.3 percentage points while the overall poverty rate has increased by 2 percentage points. The black poverty rate has fallen by 16.3 percent while the overall poverty rate has increased by 15.1 percent. Those are successful numbers that the Koch brothers would never report. And, they are the direct result of the doors of opportunity being opened to blacks.

The black poverty rate will remain higher than whites for decades because it started out much higher but they are on the right path to balancing the scale.

“Hating people because of their color is wrong. And it doesn't matter which color does the hating. It's just plain wrong.” Muhammad Ali

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1126093 Apr 25, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. With media whore Richard Mack sitting right by his side.
Hmmm. Well the above post made it through despite the fact that the moderator took offense at my old English term for prostitute.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1126094 Apr 25, 2014
The Piketty Panic

“Capital in the Twenty-First Century,” the new book by the French economist Thomas Piketty, is a bona fide phenomenon. Other books on economics have been best sellers, but Mr. Piketty’s contribution is serious, discourse-changing scholarship in a way most best sellers aren’t. And conservatives are terrified. Thus James Pethokoukis of the American Enterprise Institute warns in National Review that Mr. Piketty’s work must be refuted, because otherwise it “will spread among the clerisy and reshape the political economic landscape on which all future policy battles will be waged.”

Well, good luck with that. The really striking thing about the debate so far is that the right seems unable to mount any kind of substantive counterattack to Mr. Piketty’s thesis. Instead, the response has been all about name-calling — in particular, claims that Mr. Piketty is a Marxist, and so is anyone who considers inequality of income and wealth an important issue.

I’ll come back to the name-calling in a moment. First, let’s talk about why “Capital” is having such an impact.

Mr. Piketty is hardly the first economist to point out that we are experiencing a sharp rise in inequality, or even to emphasize the contrast between slow income growth for most of the population and soaring incomes at the top. It’s true that Mr. Piketty and his colleagues have added a great deal of historical depth to our knowledge, demonstrating that we really are living in a new Gilded Age. But we’ve known that for a while.

No, what’s really new about “Capital” is the way it demolishes that most cherished of conservative myths, the insistence that we’re living in a meritocracy in which great wealth is earned and deserved.

For the past couple of decades, the conservative response to attempts to make soaring incomes at the top into a political issue has involved two lines of defense: first, denial that the rich are actually doing as well and the rest as badly as they are, but when denial fails, claims that those soaring incomes at the top are a justified reward for services rendered. Don’t call them the 1 percent, or the wealthy; call them “job creators.”

But how do you make that defense if the rich derive much of their income not from the work they do but from the assets they own? And what if great wealth comes increasingly not from enterprise but from inheritance?

What Mr. Piketty shows is that these are not idle questions. Western societies before World War I were indeed dominated by an oligarchy of inherited wealth — and his book makes a compelling case that we’re well on our way back toward that state.

So what’s a conservative, fearing that this diagnosis might be used to justify higher taxes on the wealthy, to do? He could try to refute Mr. Piketty in a substantive way, but, so far, I’ve seen no sign of that happening. Instead, as I said, it has been all about name-calling.

Now, the fact that apologists for America’s oligarchs are evidently at a loss for coherent arguments doesn’t mean that they are on the run politically. Money still talks — indeed, thanks in part to the Roberts court, it talks louder than ever. Still, ideas matter too, shaping both how we talk about society and, eventually, what we do. And the Piketty panic shows that the right has run out of ideas.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/04/25/opinion/kru...

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1126095 Apr 25, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
"Democrat President Lyndon Baines Johnson stated,“I’ll have those ni***rs voting Democratic for the next 200 years” as he confided with two like-minded governors on Air Force One regarding his underlying intentions for the “Great Society” programs."
So this means the plantation slaves have another..150 years before they begin voting for decent leadership?

What the Hell are we going to do in the meantime? Pretend we're a "Great Society"?

Lapeer, MI

#1126096 Apr 25, 2014
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok big mouth, what would be your solution to the problems? What are the republican solutions? Besides arresting everyone and putting them in prison
Empty all the prisoners of their Trayvon residents. After a decade of mayhem, violence and death, the Wake-up Call will have been heeded and then we can put them all back inside.

Sometimes humans need the night to appreciate the day.

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1126097 Apr 25, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Empty all the prisoners of their Trayvon residents. After a decade of mayhem, violence and death, the Wake-up Call will have been heeded and then we can put them all back inside.
Sometimes humans need the night to appreciate the day.
Perhaps what we really need to do is concentrate on arresting whites instead of blacks.

It is a fact that blacks are arrested more often than whites for marijuana use despite the fact that their usage is the same. Let's change that around and see what happens. "Sometimes humans need the night to appreciate the day."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1126098 Apr 25, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps what we really need to do is concentrate on arresting whites instead of blacks.
It is a fact that blacks are arrested more often than whites for marijuana use despite the fact that their usage is the same. Let's change that around and see what happens. "Sometimes humans need the night to appreciate the day."
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/...
appreciate.....

When It Comes To Illegal Drug Use, White America Does The Crime, Black America Gets The Time

White Americans are more likely than black Americans to have used most kinds of illegal drugs, including cocaine, marijuana and LSD. Yet blacks are far more likely to go to prison for drug offenses.

This discrepancy forms the backdrop of a new legislative proposal in California, which aims to reduce the disproportionate incarceration of black people in the state. Supporters of the bill, SB 649, point to some striking national data.

Nearly 20 percent of whites have used cocaine, compared with 10 percent of blacks and Latinos, according to a 2011 survey from the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration -- the most recent data available.

Higher percentages of whites have also tried hallucinogens, marijuana, pain relievers like OxyContin, and stimulants like methamphetamine, according to the survey. Crack is more popular among blacks than whites, but not by much.

Still, blacks are arrested for drug possession more than three times as often as whites, according to a 2009 report from the advocacy group Human Rights Watch.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/17/raci...

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1126099 Apr 25, 2014
Oh this is most definitely the daughter of a proud Republican:

"Cops find loaded gun in Tennessee woman’s vagina"

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/cops...

(slow news day)

St. Croix valley

#1126100 Apr 25, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
(slow news day)
was it cocked?

Lapeer, MI

#1126101 Apr 25, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
(slow news day)
Was is cocked?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ......
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1126102 Apr 25, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>was it cocked?
Nothing chambered.....

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1126103 Apr 25, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
appreciate.....
When It Comes To Illegal Drug Use, White America Does The Crime, Black America Gets The Time
White Americans are more likely than black Americans to have used most kinds of illegal drugs, including cocaine, marijuana and LSD. Yet blacks are far more likely to go to prison for drug offenses.
This discrepancy forms the backdrop of a new legislative proposal in California, which aims to reduce the disproportionate incarceration of black people in the state. Supporters of the bill, SB 649, point to some striking national data.
Nearly 20 percent of whites have used cocaine, compared with 10 percent of blacks and Latinos, according to a 2011 survey from the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration -- the most recent data available.
Higher percentages of whites have also tried hallucinogens, marijuana, pain relievers like OxyContin, and stimulants like methamphetamine, according to the survey. Crack is more popular among blacks than whites, but not by much.
Still, blacks are arrested for drug possession more than three times as often as whites, according to a 2009 report from the advocacy group Human Rights Watch.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/17/raci...
Using those statistics it only makes sense to equalize everything by allowing for the release of "non-violent, low-level offenders" who have no "significant criminal history". Especially those who would have gotten a lesser sentence if convicted of the same offense today.

For the sake of the Rethugs, I'll use their own personal media source:

"Older, stringent punishments that are out of line with sentences imposed under today's laws erode people's confidence in our criminal justice system. I am confident that this initiative will go far to promote the most fundamental of American ideals -- equal justice under the law." (Deputy Attorney General James Cole).

"The Obama administration says it's working to correct the legacy of an old sentencing structure that, historically, subjected black convicts to long prison terms for crack cocaine convictions while giving far more lenient sentences to those caught with powder, who were more likely to be white. The Fair Sentencing Act reduced that disparity and eliminated a five-year mandatory minimum for first-time possession of crack, and officials are now turning their attention to identifying inmates who received sentences under the old guidelines that now appear unduly harsh."

Equal justice under the law.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/04/23/cl...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Change one letter in the word (Mar '12) 14 min MPMMB 112
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 57 min FARTS THEY 64,691
Paul Ryan Achieved his Goal Tax Breaks for the ... 2 hr Krumb Cakes 1
84 shootings in May 5 hr lol 5
News Chicago man charged for rash of carjackings, fa... 5 hr lol 1
Trump says Kids Over Medicated 11 hr Tuck Frump 6
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 12 hr MPMMB 12,330

Chicago Jobs

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages