Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1417664 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1125449 Apr 24, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
http://junkscience.com/2014/04/24/roy-spencer...
Yet another example of the desperate right whiners as they search for & cling to anything that might justify their stupidity.
funny how this fool just calls it a green house gas, and then says one needs to prove it would raise temps..(that is what a greenhouse gas is...he doesn't even know what the hell he is talking about...as usual...)
Nostrilis Waxman

Simsbury, CT

#1125450 Apr 24, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
the black folks give Bundy the finger....
Guess What, Cliven Bundy? Your Nevada Ranch Is Also Getting a ‘Government Subsidy’
How about leaving “the Negro” out of your half-baked manifesto, Mr. Bundy? If you refuse to pay for your herd to graze on government land, you’re the one on welfare.
Put aside, for a moment, the fact that he’s apparently weighing the relative merits of human bondage. What’s also galling is that Bundy’s a guy currently involved in an armed standoff with law enforcement over his unpaid use of federal land to graze his cattle, and he’s the one referring to “the Negro” being “on government subsidy.”
To say the least, it’s an ill-considered riff that puts the vintage, now almost quaint, Tea Party rallying cry,“keep your government hands off my Medicare,” to shame.
Bundy, of course, is the beneficiary of a huge subsidy—making a living, in part, off of cattle ranching on federal land, while refusing to pay over a million dollars in grazing fees, being in arrears, and then threatening to shoot federal agents after they first took him to court, then couldn’t collect and then tried to repo the cattle, which, I’ll just add one more time, were on federal land.
Even the most stalwart defenders of the rancher’s cause, like Powerline’s John Hinderaker, have conceded that “legally, Bundy doesn’t have a leg to stand on.” And even the most ardent opponents of government assistance would concede—whether it’s the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s SNAP program, providing food stamps that help families make ends meet, or the USDA’s MILC program, which creates price supports that let dairy farmers keep the price of milk artificially high—that at least most government beneficiaries are getting their benefits legally.
By contrast, Bundy took his at the point of a gun.
http://www.theroot.com/articles/politics/2014...
WTF is the Root?

Is that some racist website?

Ummm, YEP!

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1125451 Apr 24, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
I still love you.
I'm doing the lords work, troubled tea bag imbecile.
That's what the Magic Negro said when his drones killed a Yemen wedding party.

He's still doing the Lord's work through the NSA, too. Just ask Edward Snowden.
Nostrilis Waxman

Simsbury, CT

#1125452 Apr 24, 2014
Do they let whites or conservative blacks post anything o the "Root"?

Baawwaahhh!!!!

You can always count on SonicMoron to cite something from an extremist website!

St. Croix valley

#1125453 Apr 24, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
woodtick's theory of greenhouse gases is full of hot air.
Wiki: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humidity&#8206 ;
"Second, water vapor is the most important of all greenhouse gases."
We need to cover 3/4's of the Earth's surface - and FAST!
you are saying CO2 isn't a greenhouse gas? isn't that what the article you are citing said it was?

too funny!

Lapeer, MI

#1125454 Apr 24, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>being wrong is not lying, dear..
why is it you cannot show one post of mine that would suggest i am no a conservative? not one ever? after hundreds and hundreds of requests not even one yet?
i think we are done here..i know you were done a long time ago.
Being wrong on all counts and insisting that you are right on each is tantamount to lying.

Lying and then claiming that you are not lying is...well....lying.

St. Croix valley

#1125455 Apr 24, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
the black folks give Bundy the finger....
Guess What, Cliven Bundy? Your Nevada Ranch Is Also Getting a ‘Government Subsidy’
How about leaving “the Negro” out of your half-baked manifesto, Mr. Bundy? If you refuse to pay for your herd to graze on government land, you’re the one on welfare.
Put aside, for a moment, the fact that he’s apparently weighing the relative merits of human bondage. What’s also galling is that Bundy’s a guy currently involved in an armed standoff with law enforcement over his unpaid use of federal land to graze his cattle, and he’s the one referring to “the Negro” being “on government subsidy.”
To say the least, it’s an ill-considered riff that puts the vintage, now almost quaint, Tea Party rallying cry,“keep your government hands off my Medicare,” to shame.
Bundy, of course, is the beneficiary of a huge subsidy—making a living, in part, off of cattle ranching on federal land, while refusing to pay over a million dollars in grazing fees, being in arrears, and then threatening to shoot federal agents after they first took him to court, then couldn’t collect and then tried to repo the cattle, which, I’ll just add one more time, were on federal land.
Even the most stalwart defenders of the rancher’s cause, like Powerline’s John Hinderaker, have conceded that “legally, Bundy doesn’t have a leg to stand on.” And even the most ardent opponents of government assistance would concede—whether it’s the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s SNAP program, providing food stamps that help families make ends meet, or the USDA’s MILC program, which creates price supports that let dairy farmers keep the price of milk artificially high—that at least most government beneficiaries are getting their benefits legally.
By contrast, Bundy took his at the point of a gun.
http://www.theroot.com/articles/politics/2014...
even if Bundy HAD paid his fees., he was still being subsidized with our tax dollars. the grazing fees on public lands is far far below market rates...

Bundy's entire way of life is subsidized...
Nostrilis Waxman

Simsbury, CT

#1125456 Apr 24, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yes, i already admitted that was wrong...
is that all you got is so long..that is didn't know he went to harvard also?
wow! and yet everytime you try to talk about real issues,(which is rare, you prefer to toss out lies about others... i show you have no idea what you are talking about..time and time again...)
Wrong = false retard.

Run along liar. You have exhausted your weasel routine.

You are boring.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1125457 Apr 24, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>damn!!! three little courses and dem is set for a family reunion.
Not real funny.

Damned shame that you, of all people, turned out to be such a fkn low life POS.

Oh Well!
Nostrilis Waxman

Simsbury, CT

#1125459 Apr 24, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>you are saying CO2 isn't a greenhouse gas? isn't that what the article you are citing said it was?
too funny!
Only 1% care weirdo.

Why was your Politix Account suspended?

http://politix.topix.com/profile/woodtick57
Patrick

United States

#1125460 Apr 24, 2014
frontporchreactionary wrote:
"Republicans in America suffer a crippling anxiety. It's the terrible fear of corporations paying poor workers too much.
The GOP is so afraid that the nation's lowest wage earners will get a raise that Republican politicians across the country are working overtime to outlaw wages above $7.25 an hour for these workers." The Terrible Fear of Paying the Poor Too Much http://politix.topix.com/story/11668 via @TopixPolitix
Most libertarians are on Medicare, Social Security or have that government job.
Only one libertarian claims to be a Christian and that seems a joke.
Patrick

United States

#1125461 Apr 24, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong = false retard.
You are boring.
If you Hate the United States
why not go back to the country that spawned you?

Lapeer, MI

#1125462 Apr 24, 2014
Are there ANY honest people inside of this Marxist Magic Negro's
junta?

Probe: DHS watchdog cozy with officials, altered reports as he sought top job: http://tinyurl.com/kl9rxj2
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1125463 Apr 24, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
WTF is the Root?
Ummm, YEP!
so a site that caters to white people would be racist?

so we're talking about most any right wing blog.

“Short-circuit Hillary”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1125465 Apr 24, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
http://junkscience.com/2014/04/24/roy-spencer...
Yet another example of the desperate right whiners as they search for & cling to anything that might justify their stupidity.
So, his analysis was wrong about 100% absorption.

Not desperate seeking answers through all the muddle of "Global Warming" science.

As the author of your article you link to stated "I have serious reservations about climate models."

Don't we all

Lapeer, MI

#1125466 Apr 24, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Only 1% care weirdo.
Why was your Politix Account suspended?
http://politix.topix.com/profile/woodtick57
Because he lies too much.

St. Croix valley

#1125468 Apr 24, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong = false retard.
You are boring.
yeah, i knew you couldn't find one post that would show i am not a conservative...

hundreds of open challenges and you tuck tail and run from me every time...

Every. Time.
Nostrilis Waxman

Simsbury, CT

#1125469 Apr 24, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
If you Hate the United States
why not go back to the country that spawned you?
The USA is the best country in the world and I support it the way is is/was.

It is you dishonest Democrats that hate it and are trying like hell to change/destroy her Ghost/Yeah/Sock.

You are the one that should leave. You failed here, not me!

Here's a song that is targeted at people just like you anti-American liberals:

Listen to it frustrated liberal!

Baawwaahhh!!!!

I'm here to stay. Deal with it zero.

“Short-circuit Hillary”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1125470 Apr 24, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
WTF is the Root?
Ummm, YEP!
The other day he posted a link to "News Corpse". Who know where he finds all these blogs.

Lapeer, MI

#1125471 Apr 24, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>you are saying CO2 isn't a greenhouse gas? isn't that what the article you are citing said it was?
too funny!
You keep begging the question to avoid all else in the issue of global warming.

If I point out that water vapor is a greenhouse gas, you become apoplectic demanding that I claim CO2 is not a greenhouse gas. HUH?

You have become a One-Trick Pony here, woodtick.

You have no other tricks to show us, to pull, to exploit. Go home, liar.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr Grand Birther 222,343
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 2 hr Go Blue Forever 103,437
last post wins! (Apr '13) 3 hr Hatti_Hollerand 1,448
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 3 hr Ize Found 70,939
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 3 hr They cannot kill ... 9,371
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 3 hr They cannot kill ... 3,023
Word (Dec '08) 3 hr They cannot kill ... 6,689

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages