Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1402865 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1125252 Apr 24, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Strange, the only time I think about you is when I should by mistake read one of your silly posts.
Life sometimes is unfair.
Enough attention for you. I'm moving on to people who are actually participating in a discussion.
Have a good day
lol! That must be a very tiny group son...
dem

United States

#1125253 Apr 24, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>Strange, the only time I think about you is when I should by mistake read one of your silly posts.

Life sometimes is unfair.

Enough attention for you. I'm moving on to people who are actually participating in a discussion.

Have a good day
Beitch, there isn't one person here that can't spot you as a goddamn idiot. It's that obvious. Lucky for you I'm only here to rub your snout in sh it. I'm your only friend.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1125254 Apr 24, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
even Duke Energy buys power from outside suppliers....
http://www.dukeenergyindianarfp.com/viewQA.as...
many utilities have sold their generating plants to independent generators....the plants are still there and most customers don't realize that their electric utility no longer owns the plants....
try to keep up, you old fart.....
Once again dumfk__most is more than half.

The residents of Mt Dora Florida purchase their water/sewage and electrical power from Mt Dora Utilities which is city owned. Without a power plant in sight__most of the residents would automatically assume that the power is coming from elsewhere.

At the same time many of the residents of Orlando purchase water/sewerage and electricity from Orlando Utilities which actually does own a power plant__or at least until some fancy trading occurred which left OU with a stake in the FPL nuke facility near St Lucie..

Doesn't matter__most will always be more than half.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#1125255 Apr 24, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
He's not just for tossing at midget conventions anymore. He's a topix scientist.
I'll bet you say that to all the guys who use words you can't even pronounce.
Aphelion

Melbourne, FL

#1125256 Apr 24, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>that was the issue. is CO2 a greenhouse gas. yes, it is.
No it was not!

Your original statement

You made the claim:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yes, it is a proven fact. one that can even be replicated in a laboratory settings. there are many gasses that can create a greenhouse effect.
real scientists know this is proven fact. all of them.

I asked for this proof that was replicated in the lab. But nice try at the lie. Seems to be a habit with you.
Keep running dimwit
No Surprize

Largo, FL

#1125257 Apr 24, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Lies from an uneducated filthy hillbilly.
Facts are Fun!!

It's the culture...
Aphelion

Melbourne, FL

#1125258 Apr 24, 2014
Again for the simpleton Woodidiot:

Failure to duplicate Wood's 1909 greenhouse experiment

In 1909 the noted physicist R.W. Wood conducted an experiment aimed at demonstrating that the temperature of a greenhouse was not significantly influenced by the trapping of infrared radiation by its glass windows, but rather was the result of preventing its air from mixing with the cooler air outside the greenhouse. Wood observed less than a degree of difference between two boxes with respectively a glass and a rock salt window, see Wood's article along with comments by W.M. Connolley, to whom I am indebted for drawing Wood's experiment to my attention.

It is customary in physics to confirm experiments by repeating them before accepting them as definitive. Remarkably this custom has not been observed for this experiment, which has simply been accepted unquestioningly for the past hundred years as proof of Wood's suspicion.

We have our doubts about Wood's experiment. First it is documented so sketchily as to make it impossible to duplicate faithfully. Second, it contradicts the understanding of a century of physicists who preceded Wood, starting with Fourier in 1824. Third, calculation of the quantity of heat that should be trapped by the glass window in Wood's experiment shows that fully two-thirds of the heat entering the box fails to be transmitted back through the window, raising the question of how that heat is able to leave the box without raising its temperature significantly. Wood makes no attempt to reconcile his one observation with this elephant in the room.

http://boole.stanford.edu/WoodExpt/
dem

United States

#1125259 Apr 24, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>Ted and other republican trolls on thread do help the Democrats.
Bundy seems a gift that keeps on giving.
I really haven't followed the story. He appears to be just as much of an idiot as any other right winger on topix.
I only know if he were a minority the right wingers would want him killed.
dem

United States

#1125260 Apr 24, 2014
Notice how the lying right wingers, like DB and rightuptheasshole, crawl up their azz's when I'm here?
dem

United States

#1125261 Apr 24, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>I'll bet you say that to all the guys who use words you can't even pronounce.
Yeah you grease monkey Harley idiots are the best googlers.
Chris Lopez

New York, NY

#1125262 Apr 24, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
They could have made it easy on everyone involved if they had just mailed out Magic Negro propaganda leaflets to family members with the First Cow's face on it.
Planned parenthood is dropping her picture into the ghettos to keep the birth rate down. Farmers are using them in the crops to scare away crows. White House staffers subjected to her rages are using them as dart boards. This is the first time since November 2008 that I am proud of my country.
No Surprize

Largo, FL

#1125263 Apr 24, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
Ted and other republican trolls on thread do help the Democrats.
Bundy seems a gift that keeps on giving.
Big government and Brown Shirt Terrorist Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid helping demokkkRats lose the House, Senate and Governships come November!!

GO Harry!!!

Facts are Fun!!

It's the culture...
Aphelion

Melbourne, FL

#1125264 Apr 24, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
woodtick will shortly be claiming victory in your discussion with him to complete the progressive trifecta.
No Doubt ... Their game is an old one. I just assumed that no one used these tactics beyond grade school.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1125265 Apr 24, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Looking at the murder rate among young black men, I wonder if they wouldn't be better off. I don't recall any stories about drive by shootings around the quarters. That's one point. I don't recall any stories about drug addiction. That's another point..
The fact is, the government plantation has slaves, moron. Guess what color they are. But, Massah Obama will take care of you, won't he?
Hannity Disgusted With Bundy: Race Comments 'Beyond Repugnant'

Bundy's comments "are beyond repugnant to me. They are beyond despicable to me. They are beyond ignorant to me," Hannity said during his radio show.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/hannity...

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#1125266 Apr 24, 2014
John Galt wrote:
Attorney General Eric Holder cancelled his appearance before the Oklahoma City Police Department’s graduating cadet class Thursday amid angry protests over his scheduled visit.
Mr. Holder was scheduled to deliver remarks at the graduation ceremony at 2:30 p.m. Eastern time, according to his official itinerary sent out by the Justice Department Thursday morning.
“It is true that Mr. Holder will not be in attendance,” said Capt. D. Nelson, the chief spokesman at the Oklahoma City Police Department.“We are told that it is not due to the planned protests, but no reason was stated.”
Mr. Holder’s scheduled visit to Oklahoma City drew the criticism of several conservative lawmakers who planned the protest anticipating his arrival, including state Rep. Paul Wesselhoft, Moore Republican, who has stated he believes that Mr. Holder should be impeached.
The Justice Departmentannounced Wednesday their plans to overhaul the clemency and pardon process for jailed inmates, possibly leading to thousands of prisoners being released from federal penitentiaries. The move was made in part to right what it views as an unfair justice system, officials said.
Mr. Holder’s tenure as attorney general has been highly politicized. In 2012 he was held in contempt of Congress — the first time ever for a sitting Cabinet member — for failing to provide key information about the Operation Fast and Furious gun-walking scandal.
Even the police don't want to be associated with Eric Holder. Has that ever happened in the history of this country?

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1125268 Apr 24, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
Russians are mobilizing troops near Ukraine's border today:
http://extras.mnginteractive.com/live/media/s...
It's time for the Magic Negro to head off to the Golf Course.

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1125269 Apr 24, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
there would be much less confrontation in such non-emergency cases if the federal government worked through local law enforcement agencies....
They DID work through local law enforcement agencies. Do you honestly believe it was possible for them to limit public access to 802,570 acres without local law enforcement agencies cooperation?

This was a HUGE operation made into an emergency case because of the pipe bombing of BLM offices and Bundy's call for armed reinforcements.

“Depends on the Day”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1125270 Apr 24, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> I understand that this is foreign to you right whiners but informed people listen, read & actually learn.
When you learn something, it resides in your brain.
I have read quite a bit about global warming, greenhouse gases and the relation to CO2.
CO2 is a greenhouse gas & when you increase the amount f CO2 in the atmosphere, you increase the greenhouse effect. That is proven science.
Now, you can either believe it or not.
I don't give a rat's ass.
You & your feeble minded buddies can remain uninformed dumbasses all your life.
Anyone that is a MMGW denier is dumber than sh*t.
It is certainly not my job to post links to articles or provide otherwise for your education.
If you actually had a brain, your intellectual curiosity would drive you to research the issue in which case you would know that CO2 is a greenhouse gas & the more you pump into the atmosphere the higher the green house gas effect.
Your appeal to yourself as authority is not working.

I asked you to link to a study to show the physics of how increased CO2 in the atmosphere causes global warming.

So what if CO2 is called a greenhouse gas. You need to SHOW that it's presence actually causes an increase in temps.

Both you and woodtick have failed to do so.

Here is the direction I am talking about

Increasing the concentration of CO2 in the atmospheric mixture of gasses present in the 1950s by burning fossil fuels or by bovine flatulence will not increase the measured absorption in the CO2 LWIR band above the 100% level that was measured and reported in "The Infrared Handbook".

You need a study to prove that CO2 actually increases heat absorption above the 100% level.

That is the physics.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1125271 Apr 24, 2014
Bundy Doubles Down, Calls On New York Times To Retract Accurate Quotes

http://mediamatters.org/blog/2014/04/24/audio...

he's screwed.
Grey Ghost

Partlow, VA

#1125273 Apr 24, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Proving that gunner is threatened by all minorities and all women.
That's because she is a fat, ugly, no smug azzed pucceessee.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 min Jacques in Orlean... 219,165
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 5 min Ize Found 70,815
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 43 min Raydot 1,784
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr SweLL GirL 9,191
Word (Dec '08) 1 hr They cannot kill ... 6,542
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 1 hr They cannot kill ... 2,839
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 4 hr CrunchyBacon 103,111

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages