Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1682135 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#1125345 Apr 24, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
If we have a problem with V.A. hospitals and treatment, I'm sure that the Bush administration is largely responsible. We have over 20, 000 unecessary casualties thanks to Bush Cheney. I have been to the one in Johnson City Tenn, and the one in Salem Virginia and found no such problems. It amazon how idiots like Flack and a few others on here only use and abuse our Veterans as pawns in their political game. As far as I'm concerned the ones that do that are repulsive lowlives and your basic cowards.
I read the first sentence and busted out laughing. I couldn't read further.
dem

Chicago, IL

#1125346 Apr 24, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>he's a 'blaxican' of the worst sort. he may have a trace of polish, too, since he lives in chicago ridge and obsesses about 'sausage' a lot.
Denigrating two races just to win topix points with fellow tea bag fkn imbeciles?
PRICELESS!
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1125347 Apr 24, 2014
NO words for this...

The U.S. Army Environmental Command

http://aec.army.mil/
Aphelion

Melbourne, FL

#1125348 Apr 24, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
Science is not so exact...and don't worry about where they put the thermometer...
This paper "...verified the original conclusions (of the 1990 paper) showing that the precise location of weather stations was unimportant to the outcome."
Great Britain House of Parliament.(2011).'The Reviews into the University of East Anglia's Climatic Research Unit's Emails: First Report of Session 2010-11'. The Parliamentary Bookshop : London. Page 23.
Mann's work has been repeatedly targeted by global warming skeptics, particularly after an e-mail from him referring to a statistical "trick" he used in his research surfaced in a series of leaked e-mails from the University of East Anglia's Climatic Research Unit.

Yeah ... looks like a reputable source. Not!
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1125349 Apr 24, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>so now you admit CO2 is a greenhouse gas...(you should tell that to Aphelion)
can you point to any greenhouse gas that doesn't increase temperature more when there is more of it?
logic is fun, so is science!
your idiotic statement that one needs to show it's presence increases temperature is so funny!!! that is what a greenhouse gas is! and you just stated that CO2 is a greenhouse gas!
i so love watching you destroy yourself. can't wait to see you try lie your way out of yourself saying CO2 is a greenhouse gas....
'why do you think your whackjob posts are even worthy of a response? i have proven so many of them false, as i have clearly and verifiably pointed out earlier today..

why should anyone even listen to you ever again, seeing what bullshit you have posted in the past? seriously...why?'
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1125350 Apr 24, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
I blindfulded myself and threw a dart at the Constitution on the wall to see if it would hit some text Obama is using the office of President to violate. It hit this:
"he shall take Care that the Laws be faithfully executed"
Shall we throw another dart?
So far you've managed to extort your opinion son.

Your facts are non existent. In fact, I dare say they're invisible!
dem

Chicago, IL

#1125351 Apr 24, 2014
So which subject are you idiot tea bag kkklowns pretending to be experts on ?
Rightuptheasshole has dibs on; topix scientist, racism, homosexuality, and all around being a lying tea bag prick. Typical to the elderly right wing male rural retard.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1125352 Apr 24, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>You must either be really young or really lost on world events and history.
i would say he clearly does not understand the thoughts he parrots...

just a mindless puppet.
REALGREYLILLYDAV EYBOY

Albany, NY

#1125353 Apr 24, 2014
Fact is, greyghost is a stupud.pathological liar.
Aphelion

Melbourne, FL

#1125354 Apr 24, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>so now you admit CO2 is a greenhouse gas...(you should tell that to Aphelion)
can you point to any greenhouse gas that doesn't increase temperature more when there is more of it?
your idiotic statement that one needs to show it's presence increases temperature is so funny!!! that is what a greenhouse gas is! and you just stated that CO2 is a greenhouse gas!
i so love watching you destroy yourself. can't wait to see you try lie your way out of yourself saying CO2 is a greenhouse gas....
You can keep attempting to change the parameters of the original conversation .... however the issue was not whether CO2 was a greenhouse gas.

Post 1124995
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yes, it is a proven fact. one that can even be replicated in a laboratory settings. there are many gasses that can create a greenhouse effect.
real scientists know this is proven fact. all of them.

So where is your link to the study in which this was proven in a lab. Since that is what the original issue is about. But please continue to run and deflect. Its what you do best.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#1125355 Apr 24, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
They were armed with, among other things, "an AR-15 converted to fire automatically with two 100-round Beta Magazines." Look it up before spewing you nonsense.
There are any number of weapons that are available to you legally that will protect you just fine. Stop obsessing. I suggest you move to Idaho and join your little band of like minded "morons".
I watched the video. I never saw any automatic weapon fire.

And, you never answered the question about how I can prevent being one of the civillians shot in that incident. Do I have to just stand there and get killed just because the government can't/won't protect me?

The case you referenced proves civillians are at risk. How many civillians were shot?

Let's go over this again.
Law enforce agencies exist for the sole purpose of protecting me. If the government determines they need a machine gun to protect me, then a machine gun is needed for my protection. Therefore, the government has determined that I need a machine gun.
Or, what am I supposed to do if the government isn't around to protect me?
What am I supposed to do if the government can't afford to protect me?
What am I supposed to do if the government refuses to protect me?

The government determined a machine gun is necessary for my protection.

Is a machine gun necessary for my protection? Or, is there some other reason the government needs a machine gun?
Brend

Westminster, CA

#1125356 Apr 24, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
I have the same response to the Constitution...
Aphelion

Melbourne, FL

#1125357 Apr 24, 2014
To spark woodidiots brain once again

Failure to duplicate Wood's 1909 greenhouse experiment

In 1909 the noted physicist R.W. Wood conducted an experiment aimed at demonstrating that the temperature of a greenhouse was not significantly influenced by the trapping of infrared radiation by its glass windows, but rather was the result of preventing its air from mixing with the cooler air outside the greenhouse. Wood observed less than a degree of difference between two boxes with respectively a glass and a rock salt window, see Wood's article along with comments by W.M. Connolley, to whom I am indebted for drawing Wood's experiment to my attention.

It is customary in physics to confirm experiments by repeating them before accepting them as definitive. Remarkably this custom has not been observed for this experiment, which has simply been accepted unquestioningly for the past hundred years as proof of Wood's suspicion.

We have our doubts about Wood's experiment. First it is documented so sketchily as to make it impossible to duplicate faithfully. Second, it contradicts the understanding of a century of physicists who preceded Wood, starting with Fourier in 1824. Third, calculation of the quantity of heat that should be trapped by the glass window in Wood's experiment shows that fully two-thirds of the heat entering the box fails to be transmitted back through the window, raising the question of how that heat is able to leave the box without raising its temperature significantly. Wood makes no attempt to reconcile his one observation with this elephant in the room.

http://boole.stanford.edu/WoodExpt/

Still waiting for your proof! tick tock tick tock

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1125358 Apr 24, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
You are seriously delusional. Did you just come from a party at Owsley's lab?
yet you have never once been able to prove anything i have stated to be false..
on this particular issue i totally busted you down in your lies about Syria and their CWs...that was fun catching you out in one more of your lies...but then i do that all the time..

so who is delusional here?
Grey Ghost

Partlow, VA

#1125359 Apr 24, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
That's indicative of what morons do especially ones that have a Section Eight discharge, providing you even have one. So Iraq was a worthwhile endeavor?
Aphelion

Melbourne, FL

#1125360 Apr 24, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
Changing the parameter of the conversation to meet your needs and then claiming victory as predicted.

At least your consistently stupid.
Aphelion

Melbourne, FL

#1125361 Apr 24, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>i would say he clearly does not understand the thoughts he parrots...
just a mindless puppet.
Shouts the dimwit from the street sweeper
dem

Chicago, IL

#1125362 Apr 24, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
Right wing killed the Senate chances in 2010 and 2012.
Tea Party seems to not understand counterproductive
Obstructionists even if kills US!
Tea party had good intentions. I don't like paying taxes, but I do understand how a civilized society needs them. They were hijacked by openly racist morons. The kind of idiots I see here everyday lying their azz's off ignorantly. I'm as vulgar as the next guy, I like to think anyway, but I'm not a liar. I don't like liars. They are cowards hiding behind lies. The birthers the climate deniers...retards! Nothing further needs to be added to a debate with them. They are bottom feeders, dog food, useless morons, otherwise known as our uncles, or dumbfk brother in laws. Or rightuptheasshole, or RoxLo...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1125363 Apr 24, 2014
Hannity: Bundy's Remarks Are "Beyond Repugnant," Reinforce "Ignorant View" That Conservatives Are Racist

http://mediamatters.org/video/2014/04/24/hann...
dem

Chicago, IL

#1125364 Apr 24, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
'why do you think your whackjob posts are even worthy of a response? i have proven so many of them false, as i have clearly and verifiably pointed out earlier today..
why should anyone even listen to you ever again, seeing what bullshit you have posted in the past? seriously...why?'
Seriously! Can you two elderly 'ladies' just exchange numbers and wrestle naked in a motel room to determine who the fk is "winning" topix???? Please!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 20 min loose cannon 243,231
durbin 38 min Misty Rose 17
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 47 min Alain Vain 11,749
Trump is A 1 hr Kolagensite 359
george cardenas tucker 2 hr Unknown Carrier 5
What to expect when dating a Filipina woman? 2 hr Scabies-crabs 2
Trumps Blackmail Dealing has Dangerous Conseque... 3 hr Bill Q 1

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages