Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1659040 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#1124870 Apr 24, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Lies. Give it up. Maybe it's your doctor__maybe it's your plan. It's sure as he!! not the ACA that is requiring up front payment of deductibles
You should probably think that little scenario of your's through__it's got a gaping hole in it.
Already pointed that out. But the increased trend of hospitals and clinics demanding deductibles up front is being reported as a direct consequence of ObamaCare.

Everyone is getting nervous. Was that the goal of this law? Making the medical profession nervous so patients have to deplete their savings to see a physician because the medical profession is getting nervous? As a direct consequence of this law?

Confusion and chaos is the only way people would surrender to total government control of the health care system.

But I know you haven't figured that out yet.

“Stop Child Soldiers”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1124871 Apr 24, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Pretty much sums up your world of hatred & Bigotry.
You have reduced yourself to hurling baseless insults.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1124872 Apr 24, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't waste time defending Bundy that is what Sonic wants.
The issue is Sonic's claims that Hannity and Rand allegedly supported these racist remarks.
So far Sonic hasn't produced one shred of evidence they had.
Sonic is using a straw man.
unreal. you guys are running way from Bundy so fast it's making my head spin.

sorry, but you can't run very far.

Sean Hannity Learns A Valuable Lesson About Supporting Nutjobs Like Cliven Bundy

Yesterday I wrote that Sean Hannity was cultivating trouble by supporting Cliven Bundy, the deadbeat Nevada rancher who says he doesn’t recognize the federal government and who’s played host to an armed anti-government “militia.” That conspiracy goon Alex Jones had jumped to Bundy’s defense should’ve given Hannity pause, but he allowed his hatred of the Obama administration to rule the day.

This kerfuffle has been Hannity’s pet cause of late, with Fox News’ blowiest blowhard having the 67-year-old on his show to, I guess, spin the 1787 Constitutional Convention as a victory for the Anti-Federalists. But all that Bundy-pimping will be gone now after the he made racist remarks while addressing a group of supporters on Saturday. And I don’t mean Salon’s idea of racist, I mean racist-racist:

A white rancher hailed by right-wingers for grazing cows on government land while refusing to pay for it castigates “the Negro” for living off the government. If there’s a better encapsulation of the conservative mindset, I can’t think of it.

So this is Hannity’s guy. Well, it was Hannity’s guy. No doubt Bundy won’t be invited back on Fox News anytime soon, even though a guy like him is what their audience craves.

http://thedailybanter.com/2014/04/sean-hannit...
No Surprize

Largo, FL

#1124873 Apr 24, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Pretty much sums up your world of hatred & Bigotry.
When you lay down with dogs, RealDave wakes up with fleas...

dem Post #446017:- What's the difference between an old Jew and a pizza?

ghost Post #446032:- The pizza doesn't scream when you put it in the oven..

It's the culture...

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1124874 Apr 24, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
It is amazing that kid survived that flight.
I think I read that out of the last 80 recorded incidents of this happening, only 25 survived.

This kid's age and perhaps the geographical location and time of year worked in his favor.

He was supposedly running away from home because of domestic troubles. He's damned lucky his journey wasn't far longer and his destination far more distant.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1124875 Apr 24, 2014
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>Is entertaining to watch sonicmoron make an asshat of yourself you idiot, you write like a 12 year old, and it's rather obvious haveno college degree.. You would be better off raking leaves woodtick and you too stupid are to get into the military..
It's the culture...
it is so when the grammar Nazis put out such abominations as that "sentence"...

watching you trip over your own dick is sure entertaining...the more you post, the clearer it gets that you have no culture at all.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#1124876 Apr 24, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Government agencies need machine guns to respond to the occasional and rare situations involving machine guns used against them. Legalizing them would make situations like the Hollywood shootout common occurrences. Something only an insane person would view as remotely acceptable.
The only reason the government exists is to protect me, moron.
What you are saying is, the government is an entity unto itself, which cannot be true in the United States of America. If the government comes under attack, we have the Armed Forces for that. The law enforcement agencies exist solely and exclusively to protect me.

So, the government determined that it needs a machine gun to protect me. Therefore, a machine gun is needed to protect me. Therefore I need a machine gun to protect myself.
What happens when that thing the government needs a machine gun to protect me from shows up when nobody from the government is there?
What happens when the government cannot afford to protect me?
What happens when the government chooses to protect me?

The government has already decided a machine gun is necessary to protect me. Therefore, the government has determined I need a machine gun.

Or, there is some other reason than my protection the government determined it needed a machine gun for.

But, let's followy your government-is-its-own-world logic. What makes the government think it needs a machine gun to ward off some attack? Cite some event that is an attack on the government and not a threat to me where a machine gun was necessary.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#1124877 Apr 24, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you got that e-mail.
You people are dumber than sh*t.
Increased CO2 increases the greenhouse effect & is proven science.
We better get busy writing laws making it illegal for a volcano to erupt.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1124878 Apr 24, 2014
Adam 36 wrote:
<quoted text>
They all used the same single looney left original source.
Try harder
kinda no point. your indoctrination won't let you see any fact beyond what FOX feeds you. but anyway....

Howard Teicher served on the National Security Council as director of Political-Military Affairs. He accompanied Rumsfeld to Baghdad in 1983.[15] According to his 1995 affidavit and separate interviews with former Reagan and Bush administration officials, the Central Intelligence Agency secretly directed armaments and hi-tech components to Iraq through false fronts and friendly third parties such as Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Egypt and Kuwait, and they quietly encouraged rogue arms dealers and other private military companies to do the same:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_su...

Location hidden

#1124879 Apr 24, 2014
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
You would be thrilled with a universal single payer system. Everyone would.
If I were among the young and healthy whose hereditary illnesses hadn't caught up with them yet, I'm sure I would. Or the aged. Or someone with a chronic illness. Or someone who needed a lifesaving surgery but had to be put on a long waiting list.

You really should do more research into universal single payer systems around the world.

Many come here for urgent care. Not anymore. We won't have anywhere to go either.

The government struggles to manage the post office and the DMV. And can't even bend over to see its toes because it's gotten so obese to oversee and manage the welfare system.

How on God's green earth do you think the government is going to make health care run more efficiently?

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1124880 Apr 24, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps you should have read the BLM reports before they were scrubbed from the internet, moron.
Fact is...the Bundy situation has nothing to do with any solar power facility. That was just an excuse used by reich wing talking heads.

You should have learned by now that nothing is ever really scrubbed from the internet.

Here is just one site that contains a link to the document scrubbed from the BLM site which deals with specifically with Bundy. You will notice there is no mention of any Solar Power facility.

http://www.dailypaul.com/317039/the-blm-impou...

St. Croix valley

#1124881 Apr 24, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you got that e-mail.
You people are dumber than sh*t.
Increased CO2 increases the greenhouse effect & is proven science.
just in from NOAA...

7th warmest year to date on record globally.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1124882 Apr 24, 2014
Aphelion wrote:
<quoted text>
What was Promised: President Reagan agreed to a budget deal with Congressional Democrats that promised $3 in spending cuts for every $1 in tax hikes.
What Actually Happened: The spending restrain never materialized – instead, the resulting tax hike made up almost 1 percent of GDP ($37.5 billion) and amounted to the largest peacetime tax increase in American history.
Moral of the story: When bipartisan deals are struck promising to cut spending and raise taxes, the spending cuts don’t materialize but the tax hikes do.
Read more: http://www.atr.org/fiscal-commission-history-...
Follow us:@taxreformer on Twitter
Just another example that the word of the democrats is not worth the air to speak them. Remember that the democrats were in control of both the house and the senate at this time.
Reagan signed off on every increase. he owns them.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#1124883 Apr 24, 2014
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
You would be thrilled with a universal single payer system. Everyone would.
The reason Republicans can't come up with an alternative to Obamacare is because Obamacare was their idea.

Since: May 11

Gardners, PA

#1124884 Apr 24, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
Even WaPo thinks KeystoneXL should be approved:
"Keystone XL’s continued delay is absurd
IF FOOT-DRAGGING were a competitive sport, President Obama and his administration would be world champions for their performance in delaying the approval of the Keystone XL pipeline."
http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/keysto...
Did someone say Tom Steyer
There is an active court case involving changing the route. If the route changes then that new route will need environmental studies done on it.

I suspect it will be approved eventually.

Then I should expert your Tea Party militia comes out in force to protect the American citizens who will have their homesteads confiscated by a foreign company to build a pipeline so that a foreign country can export their oil to China.

I wonder , how does that fit in with you weeks long b*tch fest about a Chinese Company investing in a solar plant in Nevada?

Tea Party stupidity at its best.

St. Croix valley

#1124885 Apr 24, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Who uses email anymore? Do the progressives get a daily email of talking points?
Wow, you claim to have discovered something that hasn't been documented. Enough with the dodging.
Real scientists would demand to know the physics of how increased CO2 in the atmosphere causes global warming. Is there any real physics behind this unsupported bold assertion?
yes, it is a proven fact. one that can even be replicated in a laboratory settings. there are many gasses that can create a greenhouse effect.

real scientists know this is proven fact. all of them.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#1124886 Apr 24, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, how else can the Democrats succeed in eliminating the constitutional government and institute their totalitarian dictatorship?
You big pussee. I can't believe you're running from YOUR dumbass prediction that there will be a civil war. Keep dancing puss.

“Stop Child Soldiers”

Location hidden

#1124887 Apr 24, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
unreal. you guys are running way from Bundy so fast it's making my head spin.
You don't have a shred of evidence that Hannity or Rand supported Bundy's racist remarks.

Zip...none.

Using your logic when the ACLU defended NAMBLA it meant they were pro-pedophiles.

Get it together Sonic.

“Stop Child Soldiers”

Location hidden

#1124888 Apr 24, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Fact is...the Bundy situation has nothing to do with any solar power facility. That was just an excuse used by reich wing talking heads.
You should have learned by now that nothing is ever really scrubbed from the internet.
Here is just one site that contains a link to the document scrubbed from the BLM site which deals with specifically with Bundy. You will notice there is no mention of any Solar Power facility.
http://www.dailypaul.com/317039/the-blm-impou...
There you go again--
Dry Lake Zone Mitigation Plan was about Gold Butter(Bundy Ranch) post1123226, post1123231
Showed the Chinese Solar Project was also related to Gold Butte post1123738, post1123710

Location hidden

#1124889 Apr 24, 2014
Need to edit something in my last post...

In response to Lily's universal single payer:

If I were among the young and healthy whose hereditary illnesses hadn't caught up with them yet, I'm sure I would. But the aged, those with chronic illnesses or those needing a lifesaving surgery on long waiting lists would be a different story.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
US Media Humiliated, all in 1 day. 2 hr Earl 9
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 hr loose cannon 243,098
HRC loves Alinsky's Rules for Radicals. 5 hr Hillary Alinsky 14
Steal from Poor to pay the Rich 5 hr PAY ME 12
Jonny's Towing is Chicagoland's Most Crooked Co... (Feb '17) 8 hr No Net 106
Trump is A 11 hr Commie Killer 189
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 12 hr what a russsh 11,595

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages