Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1660442 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1124657 Apr 24, 2014
Republican politicians began backtracking on their support of Nevada anti-government rancher Cliven Bundy after the New York Times caught Bundy making racially-inflammatory remarks blaming African-Americans for willingly submiting to dependency on federal assistance.

“They abort their young children, they put their young men in jail, because they never learned how to pick cotton,” Bundy was quoted as saying to a group of supporters last Saturday.“And I’ve often wondered, are they better off as slaves, picking cotton and having a family life and doing things, or are they better off under government subsidy? They didn’t get no more freedom. They got less freedom.”

Bundy’s statements about “the Negro,” published on Wednesday, were made during his daily speech to supporters outside Bunkerville, Nevada, where a crowd gathered to support him in defiance of the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) during an attempted round up of his cattle. The confrontation was the result of Bundy’s refusal to pay grazing fees on federally-owned land for more than 20 years, in spite of multiple court rulings against him. Bundy has stated on several occasions that he does not recognize the existence of the federal government.

During the speech, Bundy said he remembered driving past a public-housing project in North Las Vegas, which he called a “government house” with “always at least a half a dozen people sitting on the porch” with nothing to do.

The remarks brought about a quick rebuke from Chandler Smith, a spokesperson for Sen. Dean Heller (R-NV). Heller had previously called Bundy and his supporters “patriots” for their actions and challenged Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid’s (D-NV) description of them as “domestic terrorists.”

Smith told the Times that Heller “completely disagrees with Mr. Bundy’s appalling and racist statements, and condemns them in the most strenuous way.”

Bundy’s speech also seemingly derailed Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott’s (R) apparent attempt to link his gubernatorial campaign to the Bunkerville camp; Abbott had allegedly written a letter to the BLM accusing it of “threatening” to seize land along the Red River in northern Texas.

But after being contacted regarding the rancher’s “Negro” remarks, a spokesperson for Abbott was quoted as saying that Abbott’s letter “was regarding a dispute in Texas and is in no way related to the dispute in Nevada.”

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/04/24/conserv...

i wonder if a republican who doesn't support racism is a RINO?

we're getting ready to find out.
Grey Ghost

Partlow, VA

#1124658 Apr 24, 2014
Eleanor Beaver wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, that's a given. I still love reminding the hypocrites their party is full of racism, bigotry, and intolerance. The response is crickets every time.
Sure you do Smugo, it's very helpful when you are trying to hide your own bigotry snd racism. For a person who is so concerned with his own self imagine you are totally transparent, Beat Cop. I'm betting that had a lot to do with you being relieved of duty, huh Dick Tracy?
Grey Ghost

Partlow, VA

#1124659 Apr 24, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Sure pal__meanwhile Diogenes Syndrome is also known as "senile squalor syndrome" and the symptoms likely fit about half the rightwing fools posting here__you and Galt for damn sure and most your overnight crew.
Just listening to to the daily whining from the righties with a sub-human leader like Galt followed closely by a band of chimps way to numerous to mention makes for a fun day for normal Americans. Their ability to bent, twist, deny, lie, whine, cry and all the while ignoring the lost eight years of the worst presidency ever and the record shows that to be true. There obviously is a connection between blindness, ignorance, racism, and just plain cluelessness and becoming a bagger.
Grey Ghost

Partlow, VA

#1124660 Apr 24, 2014
John Galt wrote:
Obama is now trying to steal 90,000 acres of private land in Texas.....
is Abortion Barbie involved???...
Not to fret old delusional one, I'm sure your Barbie is safe.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#1124661 Apr 24, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! The meaning of the word 'stealing' to a conservative nut depends on whose doing the stealing!
Again I ask, how did you ever become so ignorant, you actually think you're a liberal?

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1124662 Apr 24, 2014
Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>
Only morons like you can't figure out how the Pacific Ocean might be a deterrent to an illegal alien problem.
I wonder what would happen if you didn't have to show an ID to get on a plane, moron.
PDUPONT

Chicopee, MA

#1124663 Apr 24, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
If conservatives believe these things, which are all good things, some on the left should reconsider what they believe. If not, then list what they do believe.
Don't think a lot of them could put it in writing:
A powerful bureaucracy
A bureaucratic-regulated marketplace
Politically correct liberties
An unscrupled society
A weak national defense.
But it would be interesting to see if they did.
You're full of crap as usual Carol. I have put it down in writing what I think this country and this government should be.
A government that's strong enough to rein in corporate abuses.
A marketplace that's regulated to insure the safety of the products sold and to provide a level playing field for both large and small companies.
I want liberties that are granted to all citizens and not determined by narrow religious bias.
Your "scruples" are as shallow as the morning dew on a blade of grass and disappear as quickly.
No one wants a weak national defense you ignorant twit! We want one that reflects the actual threats we face today and not one designed simply to line the pockets of defense contractors.
As Dwight D Eisenhower stated;
"In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military industrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists and will persist."
I want a government that’s of the people, by the people and for the people; not one that's of the corporations, by the corporations and for the corporations.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1124664 Apr 24, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
Republican politicians began backtracking on their support of Nevada anti-government rancher Cliven Bundy after the New York Times caught Bundy making racially-inflammatory remarks blaming African-Americans for willingly submiting to dependency on federal assistance.
“They abort their young children, they put their young men in jail, because they never learned how to pick cotton,” Bundy was quoted as saying to a group of supporters last Saturday.“And I’ve often wondered, are they better off as slaves, picking cotton and having a family life and doing things, or are they better off under government subsidy? They didn’t get no more freedom. They got less freedom.”
Bundy’s statements about “the Negro,” published on Wednesday, were made during his daily speech to supporters outside Bunkerville, Nevada, where a crowd gathered to support him in defiance of the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) during an attempted round up of his cattle. The confrontation was the result of Bundy’s refusal to pay grazing fees on federally-owned land for more than 20 years, in spite of multiple court rulings against him. Bundy has stated on several occasions that he does not recognize the existence of the federal government.
During the speech, Bundy said he remembered driving past a public-housing project in North Las Vegas, which he called a “government house” with “always at least a half a dozen people sitting on the porch” with nothing to do.
The remarks brought about a quick rebuke from Chandler Smith, a spokesperson for Sen. Dean Heller (R-NV). Heller had previously called Bundy and his supporters “patriots” for their actions and challenged Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid’s (D-NV) description of them as “domestic terrorists.”
Smith told the Times that Heller “completely disagrees with Mr. Bundy’s appalling and racist statements, and condemns them in the most strenuous way.”
Bundy’s speech also seemingly derailed Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott’s (R) apparent attempt to link his gubernatorial campaign to the Bunkerville camp; Abbott had allegedly written a letter to the BLM accusing it of “threatening” to seize land along the Red River in northern Texas.
But after being contacted regarding the rancher’s “Negro” remarks, a spokesperson for Abbott was quoted as saying that Abbott’s letter “was regarding a dispute in Texas and is in no way related to the dispute in Nevada.”
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/04/24/conserv...
i wonder if a republican who doesn't support racism is a RINO?
we're getting ready to find out.
His daily speech to supporters? Hah__LMAO
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1124665 Apr 24, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
coal prices are relatively stable.....
natural gas prices are highly volatile, but are relatively low at present because fracking has in creased the supply....
most utilities no longer generate all their power, and some generate none at all....they are at the mercy of independent power generators who will charge whatever the market will bear....
Ahem__"most" is more than 50%

Galt's blowing smoke again.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1124666 Apr 24, 2014
Myles wrote:
<quoted text>
db is a noted idiot of the highest degree. one of the more insane domestic terrorists that posts here.
thank you for at least helping him with the basics. he seems to think he hasnt become satire. hes every bit the idiot that steven colbert pretends to be, but retarded too.
Prove it.))))))) I don't recall every being involved in a terrorist act.
But, to you Nazis, anyone who takes an oath to defend the Constitution is a domestic terrorist.
I do believe we'll have to fight about that one day. You Nazis are too ignorant to avoid starting a war against the American people.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1124667 Apr 24, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Saying citizens "need" the same weapons available to government is insane.
Let's see who is insane here.
The government exists to protect me.
The government says it needs a machine gun to protect me.

What am I supposed to do when someone from the government isn't there to protect me?
Or, what am I supposed to do when the government can't afford to protect me?
Or, what am I supposed to do when the government refuses to protect me?

The government said it needed a machine gun for my protection. Therefore a machine gun is needed for my protection. Therefore I need a machine gun.

If you don't think a machine gun is needed for my protection, why do you have them?
... I can't wait to hear this answer.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1124668 Apr 24, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
The United States would be so much better off without him and dullelecrtON. Perhpas the NSA will just make them disappear.
That would be a violation of the Constitution. You're not promoting an unconstitutional government take over the country, are you? You do know Obama took an oath to defend the Constitution from all enemies, both foreign and domestic, don't you? Aren't you afraid that it's you the NSA will elliminate, since you are promoting an unconstitutional government?
Or, are you part of the Democrarts' rebellion against the constitutional government?

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1124669 Apr 24, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
The Chinese project is located at the California/Nevada border...near Laughlin, NV not in it. I'm through explaining it to you. You are obviously too stupid to grasp simple truths.
Perhaps you should have read the BLM reports before they were scrubbed from the internet, moron.
Grey Ghost

Partlow, VA

#1124670 Apr 24, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's see who is insane here.
The government exists to protect me.
The government says it needs a machine gun to protect me.
What am I supposed to do when someone from the government isn't there to protect me?
Or, what am I supposed to do when the government can't afford to protect me?
Or, what am I supposed to do when the government refuses to protect me?
The government said it needed a machine gun for my protection. Therefore a machine gun is needed for my protection. Therefore I need a machine gun.
If you don't think a machine gun is needed for my protection, why do you have them?
... I can't wait to hear this answer.
Just to play it safe I suggest a H- bomb, but first test in in your back yard. Hey the Government has one.,

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1124671 Apr 24, 2014
Emeem wrote:
I just don't get it. When Bush was president I knew people who lost their jobs, retirement savings, salary cuts etc. Today everyone in my family and everyone I know is better off. All are working and life is great.
What's even more surprising is that all you right wing morons here on Topix say you are doing great too! And yet you spend all day whining!
What EXACTLY is it in YOUR life that is worse now than five years ago?
I wasn't affected when the Democrats collapsed the economy. My complaint is the government has become lawless and unconstitutional, which puts my rights, and thus my liberty, in jeapordy.
I like living in the United States for a reason, and you Nazis intend to eliminate thar reason. I do believe you'll have to fight a war with the American people to achieve your ambition of eliminating the constitutional government and instituting a totalitarian dictatorship..

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1124672 Apr 24, 2014
Lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
The President is Black
The President is mulatto. You're an idiot.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1124673 Apr 24, 2014
Lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
The President is Black
I've just got to ask this question of you medieval morons...

If Obama's father was white and his mother was black, would he be white?

The correct answer is, no, he'd still be a mulatto.

Since: May 11

Gardners, PA

#1124675 Apr 24, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
I wasn't affected when the Democrats collapsed the economy. My complaint is the government has become lawless and unconstitutional, which puts my rights, and thus my liberty, in jeapordy.
I like living in the United States for a reason, and you Nazis intend to eliminate thar reason. I do believe you'll have to fight a war with the American people to achieve your ambition of eliminating the constitutional government and instituting a totalitarian dictatorship..
Nazis. Ever notice when the right whiner Tea Party morons get a little exited that they throw out the Nazi bullsh*t.

Bullsh*t, Dumbwaiter is full of it. The small government Tea Party jerk whose entire life has been supported by subsidies.

Ironic. Isn't it.
Grey Ghost

Partlow, VA

#1124676 Apr 24, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
I've just got to ask this question of you medieval morons...
If Obama's father was white and his mother was black, would he be white?
The correct answer is, no, he'd still be a mulatto.
And you would still be a certified nutcase.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#1124677 Apr 24, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder what would happen if you didn't have to show an ID to get on a plane, moron.
How many illegals can afford a plane ticket to Hawaii? How many illegals can afford to live in Hawaii? Do you really equate flying to Hawaii with climbing a fence between Mexico and USA?
This is just another example of you shooting from the hip and not thinking through the insanity of your comment. This is almost as bad as your "Beards on Boston Red Sox is a Muslim conspiracy".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trump is A 52 min Chilli J 198
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Chicagoan by Birth 243,106
News Random act of kindness in turbulent world (Jan '10) 2 hr chugs 8
News Use of 'retarded' as derogatory term is offensi... (Jun '08) 2 hr Maxie 6,657
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 3 hr honeymylove 11,604
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 3 hr CrunchyBacon 105,381
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 4 hr RACE 8,628

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages