Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1549276 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1124403 Apr 23, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. Obviously you have never been to Bullhead City. It is miles from the Nevada/California border and so is the Needles Highway and the Big Bend of the Colorado State Recreation Area where the Chinese plant was proposed. You are clueless.
Now, if you people want to make an issue about solar and Bundy's ranch, you should probably be focusing on the Moapa Southern Paiute Solar Project, which really is about 35 miles from the Bundy ranch in Bunkerville, Nevada. First Solor,Inc. and the Los Angeles Department of Water and Power broke ground for that plant on March 21, 2014. Of course, the Indians are free to do whatever they want with their land. Reid must be laughing at you and yours.
http://online.wsj.com/article/PR-CO-20140321-...
Bullhead City is in Arizona, directly across the Colorado river from the proposed site.....

Senator Reid's Chinese project died because nobody wanted to purchase the power....
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1124404 Apr 23, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Where are you getting your bullshit from?
I know, the same place you get your information about the CRA not being a disaster that collapsed our economy.
Give us that link that claims there were illegal fully automatic weapons in use by anyone other than the government.
By the way, since there are not two sets of rights in the Constitution, any American has the right to own any weapon the government determines is necessary to protect Americans. If the government thinks they need a machine gun to protect me, then very obviously I need a machine gun to protect myself when that government "protection" isn't there when I need it.
Now, back you you backing up your propaganda bullshit....
it was an educated guess.

btw......

What if Bundy Ranch Were Owned by a Bunch of Black People?

A few things.

First, this entire incident speaks to the continued power of right-wing mythology. For many of the protesters, this isn’t about a rogue rancher as much as it’s a stand against “tyranny” personified in Barack Obama and his administration.

Second, it won’t happen, but right-wing media ought to be condemned for their role in fanning the flames of this standoff. After years of decrying Obama’s “lawlessness” and hyperventilating over faux scandals, it’s galling to watch conservatives applaud actual lawbreaking and violent threats to federal officials.

Finally, I can’t help but wonder how conservatives would react if these were black farmers—or black anyone—defending “their” land against federal officials. Would Fox News applaud black militiamen aiming their guns at white bureaucrats?

Somehow, given the degree to which right-wing media traffic in racial paranoia, I think we’d be looking at a different situation if the Bundy Ranch belonged to a bunch of black people. And as someone who closely follows the regular incidents of lethal police violence against blacks and Latinos, I also wonder whether law enforcement would be as tepid against a group of armed African-Americans. Judging from past events, I’m not so sure.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/weigel/2014/04/15/...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1124405 Apr 23, 2014
Rand Paul: GOPers May Have 'Over-Emphasized' Voter Fraud

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/rand-pa...

just a little bit.
No Surprize

Largo, FL

#1124406 Apr 23, 2014
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Moranski
Bunch of racist skinhead liberals on this thread lily....

It's the culture..
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1124407 Apr 23, 2014
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>Bunch of racist skinhead liberals on this thread lily....
It's the culture..
Moranskovitz
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1124408 Apr 23, 2014
Aphelion wrote:
<quoted text>
Apt demonstration of your intellect, not to mention your biased nature. What do you have against the polish? Or are you an equal opportunity bigot?
LOL Bingoski

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#1124409 Apr 23, 2014
<quoted text>
Yes they do; Broward County can't figure out what to do about the homeless issue, which is growing every year. The bill to use some of the abandoned houses to house them failed; but a bill to fine the homeless for having their belongings on the street passed, along with anti public defecation and urination! The local businesses are fed up; they don't want them loitering around and pissing on the sidewalks, but they don't want them coming into their businesses to do so either. There's a park beside the library where they often congregate that smells of piss and they go into the library till someone kicks them out. What next? They are homeless, they can't pay fines. It's absurd. Utah has been giving them homes no strings attached; and has made quite a dent in the homeless population; let them be an example of a solution to a problem.
Regaring tort reform; we've been over that; it's less that one half of one percent of costs, more rightwing bullshit. Let Carols husband lose a leg due to malpractice and she'll sing a different tune.
Hawaii figured out what to do with their homeless. They ship them to California and let California deal with it.
Does anybody ever wonder why Hawaii doesn't have an illegal alien problem?

“wake up”

Since: Jan 10

utica ny

#1124410 Apr 23, 2014
I see the Libs are all still drinking the kool aid .

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1124411 Apr 23, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
Rand Paul: GOPers May Have 'Over-Emphasized' Voter Fraud
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/rand-pa...
just a little bit.
still waiting for Roxlo to show that first example of voter fraud the photo id at teh polls would have prevented as he promised it would.

in fact, roxlo got real quiet again after once more being proven to lie about the Bundy ranch issue...

real quiet.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1124412 Apr 23, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Hawaii figured out what to do with their homeless. They ship them to California and let California deal with it.
Does anybody ever wonder why Hawaii doesn't have an illegal alien problem?
i am sure you haven't...

but then you can't figure out why your t-shirt has three holes...

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1124413 Apr 23, 2014
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text> Just wait for Corporations to get their own guns (private armies) then they won't need Government anymore . I'll be there to see your cryin' and gnashing of teeth, Yes ,I will.
Fortunately we have a government that exists to protect our freedom and rights guaranteed in the Constitution.
Oh, wait. Our government is rebelling against that Constitution. Well, if the government is taking our rights away, then there's a huge problem with the government and corporations being the only armed element in the country. I mean, what will happen if we want our rights back? The government will have no other option than to slaughter enough of the population to convince the remaining percentage to not try to get their rights back.

The Democrats' plan is for only Democrats to have guns. If you don't believe that, read Chicago's gun laws, then take a leisure stroll through any part of the south side of Chicago around midnight.... or just count the bodies after any weekend.

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#1124414 Apr 23, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
I would just die laughing if I could hear the Magic Negro on all fours barking like a dog for Vlad.
You'd have better luck seeing Vlad pinned to his own living room wall by one of U S Commando-In-Chief President Obama 's guided missile drones.
No Surprize

Largo, FL

#1124415 Apr 23, 2014
<quoted text>
Moranskovitz
lily sleeps with dogs, always waking up with fleas...

Post #855881:- Realtime: Sex with farm animals... sex with household pets is yet to be decided unless the pet is injured during the sex...

It's the culture...
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1124416 Apr 23, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Fortunately we have a government that exists to protect our freedom and rights guaranteed in the Constitution.
Oh, wait. Our government is rebelling against that Constitution. Well, if the government is taking our rights away, then there's a huge problem with the government and corporations being the only armed element in the country. I mean, what will happen if we want our rights back? The government will have no other option than to slaughter enough of the population to convince the remaining percentage to not try to get their rights back.
The Democrats' plan is for only Democrats to have guns. If you don't believe that, read Chicago's gun laws, then take a leisure stroll through any part of the south side of Chicago around midnight.... or just count the bodies after any weekend.
Then you should leave for a better country son.

For your benefit, the sooner the better!
Nostrilis Waxman

Simsbury, CT

#1124417 Apr 23, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>i am sure you haven't...
but then you can't figure out why your t-shirt has three holes...
Umm, genius, they have four you nipple nerd.

Are you going to pull a weasel routine like you did when you said Bush did not have a degree from Harvard, then said "oh, I 'forgot".

Or like when you said you were a "conservative"?

You are a liar and an idiot.

Why is your account suspended from Politix?
Nostrilis Waxman

Simsbury, CT

#1124418 Apr 23, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Then you should leave for a better country son.
You tried, but then sent you back. China already has enough idiots so you were rejected.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1124419 Apr 23, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
it was an educated guess.
btw......
What if Bundy Ranch Were Owned by a Bunch of Black People?
A few things.
First, this entire incident speaks to the continued power of right-wing mythology. For many of the protesters, this isn’t about a rogue rancher as much as it’s a stand against “tyranny” personified in Barack Obama and his administration.
Second, it won’t happen, but right-wing media ought to be condemned for their role in fanning the flames of this standoff. After years of decrying Obama’s “lawlessness” and hyperventilating over faux scandals, it’s galling to watch conservatives applaud actual lawbreaking and violent threats to federal officials.
Finally, I can’t help but wonder how conservatives would react if these were black farmers—or black anyone—defending “their” land against federal officials. Would Fox News applaud black militiamen aiming their guns at white bureaucrats?
Somehow, given the degree to which right-wing media traffic in racial paranoia, I think we’d be looking at a different situation if the Bundy Ranch belonged to a bunch of black people. And as someone who closely follows the regular incidents of lethal police violence against blacks and Latinos, I also wonder whether law enforcement would be as tepid against a group of armed African-Americans. Judging from past events, I’m not so sure.
http://www.slate.com/blogs/weigel/2014/04/15/...
The Fifth Amendment applies to black people, too, moron.

You use the word "conservative" a lot. I wonder if you can define it. Let's see:

One person likes the idea of a totalitarian government and a one-party system. Another person likes the idea of three branches of government with limited authority and maximum ability of the people at the local level to make their own determinations.

Which of the above is conservative?

Here's another one:

One person wants only the government to be armed and have the ability to dominate a defenseless population. Another person thinks all people should have the right to be equally armed and able to resist domination.

... we could go on for days proving the Democrats are an extreme medieval conservative mentality.
So, how did you ever become so ignorant, you actually think you're a liberal?

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1124420 Apr 23, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Then you should leave for a better country son.
Nah. I think we'll figh tover this one. Put your dukes up.(I do hope you know what that means.)
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1124421 Apr 23, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
You tried, but then sent you back. China already has enough idiots so you were rejected.
Russia seems happy to keep you.

... and so are we!
No Surprize

Largo, FL

#1124422 Apr 23, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
The Fifth Amendment applies to black people, too, moron.
You use the word "conservative" a lot. I wonder if you can define it. Let's see:
One person likes the idea of a totalitarian government and a one-party system. Another person likes the idea of three branches of government with limited authority and maximum ability of the people at the local level to make their own determinations.
Here's another one:
One person wants only the government to be armed and have the ability to dominate a defenseless population. Another person thinks all people should have the right to be equally armed and able to resist domination.
... we could go on for days proving the Democrats are an extreme medieval conservative mentality.
So, how did you ever become so ignorant, you actually think you're a liberal?
sonicmoron never has an original thought...sonicmoron makes a living by what he takes, steals or gets. Others make a life by what they give...

It's the culture...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why are White men obsessed with Latina women? (Feb '10) 3 min LuvHardCock 207
TRUTH will be revealed, someday, maybe. 10 min WOWsomeStory 2
ex chicago police woman (Jul '16) 13 min ShootDaBitch 25
Spanx-they're for me. 26 min Fuegelgas pump 1
Illinois is in critical financial crisis. 1 hr Genl Forrest 17
last post wins! (Apr '13) 1 hr Hatti_Hollerand 2,547
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr Dr Guru 241,653

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages