Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1460232 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1124060 Apr 23, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
When he wasn't seeking out Marxist professors and black activists to fit in.
From pages 100-101 in Barack Hussein Obama's book, "Dreams from my Father: A Story of Race and Inheritance."
"To avoid being mistaken for a sellout,I chose my friends carefully.The more politically active black students.The foreign students.The Chicanos.The Marxist Professors and the structural feminists and punk-rock performance poets.We smoked cigarettes and wore leather jackets.At night,in the dorms,we discussed neocolonialism,Franz Fanon,Eurocentrism,and patriarchy.When we ground out our cigarettes in the hallway carpet or set our stereos so loud that the walls began to shake,we were resisting bourgeois society's stifling constraints.We weren't indifferent or careless or insecure.We were alienated."
Wasn't anyone paying attention in 2008? This president still doesn't fit in and is still alienated and is still disconnected from the real world - and has no inkling as to what makes this country what it is or what it stands for.
So I worry more about my fellow Americans who elected him the first time - much less another four years.
Doesn't fit in with who? The good old boy white mans club? Quel surprise. No one does.
What does this country stand for; in your little mind? Land of the white male? Every single minority, whether he is black, or Latino or any other minority, or women, or gay people all instinctively know that they will never truly be accepted into the white male club.
The alienation comes from the white males.
Yes we elected him twice; why? because gives a voice to everyone.
I think it is you who doesn't quite "get it'
Slash

United States

#1124061 Apr 23, 2014
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>You old woman lack liveliness, tang, briskness, or force. Your posts are full of dull, gossipy, obsessed by your own deranged style of elegance, you slob...

It's the culture...
Morning, idio t azzhole jewtard.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1124062 Apr 23, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
What planet do you live on? Here on Earth, Clinton and the Democrats had to be dragged kicking and screaming to a balance between spending and revenue.
So, in your warped world, anyone who supports and defends the Constitution is "far right"? Did I get that right? That sounds like the definition of centrist to me.
"Right" would be promoting violating the Constitution in one direction, while "Left" would be promoting violating the Constitution in a different direction.
The Constitution defines the center.
How warped does a society, in general, have to be when the perspective has shifted so far the center appears as not the center?
The Constitution is the center. Anyone who promotes violating the Constitution is either "right" or "left" of the center.
The TEA Party members are the only centrists in the US.
lol! Tea Party is 'centrist?'

What planet do you live on son?

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1124063 Apr 23, 2014
Adam 36 wrote:
Thanks Obama
IRS Gives $1 Million in Bonuses to Tax Cheats
http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/IRS-bonuses-...
What are you complaining about? Bush gave $250 BILLION to Millionaires.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1124064 Apr 23, 2014
Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean crimes like not paying to let your cattle graze on public land?
Bingo!
Aw, come on, you know he's white so it's alright? He's entitled. He doesn't acknowledge the United States government. I say; strip that traitor of citizenship and send him to Russia
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1124065 Apr 23, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Get my horse ready, boy. And don't forget to water them mellons out back.
I pissed on both, massa!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1124066 Apr 23, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
"We need to be as elected officials held to a higher standard," said Florida state Rep. Dane Eagle (R-Cape Coral) last month after sponsoring a bill that would require legislators to submit to drug testing.
Just before 2 a.m. Monday morning, Eagle was arrested in Tallahassee on suspicion of DUI. Police first spotted him pulling out of a Taco Bell in his black SUV before he narrowly avoided hitting a median, then stopped in an intersection, veered into a curb and ran a traffic light, according to arrest documents.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/04/22/dane...
it's like an irony contest with these republicans.
Oh if only he was wearing a diaper it would be fkn perfection
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1124067 Apr 23, 2014
Adam 36 wrote:
Thanks Obama
IRS Gives $1 Million in Bonuses to Tax Cheats
http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/IRS-bonuses-...
lol! I'd ask you what Obama had to do with it, but I know you don't know son!
No Surprize

Largo, FL

#1124068 Apr 23, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Easy now Carol is a self proclaimed expert on health insurance___hah LMAO.
Maybe she should screen shot a few of the thousands of posts she's put up on the subject and share them with the hospital's billing supervisor.
I wish someone had an answer to your addiction to dumbass. You can't get help or help yourself Realtime until you first admit you have a problem you idiot...

How many times have you been out of the loop old man and called others liars drooling in your soup and had to be proven wrong Realtime and brought up to snuff by Carol, Galt, Flack or No Surprize me??

How many times you idiot?? We've lost count...

Realtime screen shot: Realtime is the authority on pets and farm animals. You always looking for stray friends with the same mental disorder and fantasies as you?

Post #855881:- Realtime: Sex with farm animals.... Homer....

It's the culture...

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1124069 Apr 23, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
i think you're just ticked at Neil because he proved that the world isn't flat.
well, he's not actually the one who proved it, but in right wing eyes reminding folks that scientific facts can't be disputed is the same as.
He's right, I tried to watch the new show. It just a boring show. I have the old Sagan show on dvd and watch it on a semi-regular basis.Started watching it back in the 70's(I believe) on PBS.
Slash

United States

#1124070 Apr 23, 2014
LeosAnus wrote:
<quoted text>Don't you have some illegitimate children to abuse this morning?
The above little jagoff is a sensitive Jew.
Go figure. The filthy retarded azzhole gets his feelings hurt over Jew jokes then tries sh it like this. Any other questions why I have to beitch slap this fkn mutt?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1124071 Apr 23, 2014
On last night’s episode of The Colbert Report, Stephen Colbert used the occasion of Earth Day to discuss the downside of “going green.”

“I especially feel close to Mother Earth on this Earth Day because we finally have proof that this planet doesn’t like liberals any more than I do,” Colbert began.

After playing an excerpt from a gleeful Fox Business Network host who’s laughing while informing viewers that ethanol — a corn-based fuel additive — may actually “be harmful to the environment,” Colbert enthusiastically agreed, saying “trying to help is pointless.”

“You see, according to the first environmental study I’ve ever read, making ethanol by ‘removing all those corn leftovers from fields could actually hurt the ability of soil to absorb carbon dioxide.’”

“And absorbing CO2 is crucial our planet’s health,” he continued,“because there’s a ton of it in the air for some reason.”

“This study is the final nail in green energy’s biodegradable coffin. It turns out everything you thought was good for the environment, is bad for the environment.”

“We already know,” he said,“that wind power separates migrating geese into bird pepperoni. So it’s only a matter of time now before we learn that solar power relies on clubbing baby seals — those shiny panels are made from the gleam in their eyes.”

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/04/23/stephen...

so now i know why the nutjobs have forgotten that Bush was the biofuel President, because, FOX.

so why is it none of you FOXbots will admit to being a FOXbot? some sort of stigma attached? please explain.

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1124072 Apr 23, 2014
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text> If Republican Government stops putting Black fathers in prison for minor , non-violent drug offenses then more Black households would still be whole and healthy family units. President Barack Obama is fixing the problem by getting ready to pardon hundreds of thousands of non-violent drug offenders that were sentenced to unjustified , excessively long prison terms for minor offenses. Obama plans clemency for hundreds of drug offenders http://news.yahoo.com/obama-plans-clemency-fo... via @YahooNews
I wonder...if Obama grants clemency does that remove the stigma of reporting their arrest on job applications? If it doesn't, then these individuals will still have a difficult time finding employment. Anyone know the answer?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1124073 Apr 23, 2014
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh if only he was wearing a diaper it would be fkn perfection
this is fkn perfection.

Eagle’s defense to the police apparently is that he got a contact drunk from a friend who had been drinking. The watery, bloodshot eyes, erratic driving, and stumbling were a bit of a giveaway for the police.

http://www.politicususa.com/2014/04/23/florid...

dumb as a stump. a perfect Florida republican. Governor's mansion here he comes.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Trump 2016 and beyond

#1124074 Apr 23, 2014
Patrick n Angela wrote:
<quoted text>
Republicans seem unhappy this morning
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
You sh it on someone's front lawn, defecate on their roses and then key their new car.
And then jump in glee pointing out that the homeowner is unhappy.
You are part of the national black mob disgrace.
Great post!
Slash

United States

#1124075 Apr 23, 2014
<quoted text>Bingo!
Aw, come on, you know he's white so it's alright? He's entitled. He doesn't acknowledge the United States government. I say; strip that traitor of citizenship and send him to Russia
If it were a minority 'poaching' they would have killed him 20 years ago.

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1124076 Apr 23, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolutely no surprise. But just like millions of Americans, we preferred to have it added to our balance and pay it off a little at a time.
A lot of Americans like us, are having to use their savings (or having to borrow money) unexpectedly to get necessary treatment. No one likes those kinds of surprises.
If you don't have money set aside for emergencies, you should not be considering buying a house.
NuculurVodkaOpti on

Palm Coast, FL

#1124077 Apr 23, 2014
<quoted text>
Doesn't fit in with who? The good old boy white mans club? Quel surprise. No one does.
What does this country stand for; in your little mind? Land of the white male? Every single minority, whether he is black, or Latino or any other minority, or women, or gay people all instinctively know that they will never truly be accepted into the white male club.
Intoxicated lily enjoys her race card and gender card rants early today.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1124078 Apr 23, 2014
angel wrote:
<quoted text>Actually your wrong.
We dont have a problem with ANY of those folks.
(probably at least half of which are Liberals.)
We just hate willfully Stupid Wannabe Fascists and Brainwashed Fox Slaves who's fondest desire is to erase 60 years of Social Progress towards equal rights for all Americans and to turn this Nation into a Totalitarian Corporate Plutocracy.
Which of course means you and about 95% of the Looney Fringe,Flaming Haired Right Wing Radicals that spend all their waking hours gibbering on Topix.
Bravo!!!
Patrick

United States

#1124079 Apr 23, 2014
<quoted text>
Good morning .
Many White males are supporters of President Obama.
To each generation the fight must be won again?
Libertarians are funny in that their talk sounds good until reality sets in.
Another rather hot day

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 24 min Boris 104,555
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 47 min Got a Woody - Allan 62,355
News Scientists say they have proved climate change ... (Dec '08) 49 min Always hopeful 7,957
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr Ize Found 71,243
God is a Trump sucker after all!!! 2 hr kyman 2
TRUMP FORCE being formed to clean up Chicago! 2 hr kyman 2
The Color of Crime in Chicago. 2 hr kyman 23

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages