Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1459028 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Jul 08

We will not go gentle

#1123434 Apr 22, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> He's almost 94. Just lost his girlfriend of 30+ years. All his friends are gone. I'd say that would put you in the blues! He's a tough ole bird. He's been counted out many times before and outlived almost every one who was doing the counting.
Your mother has been dead for 30+ years? I got the impression it was much sooner.

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1123435 Apr 22, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
Morgan Stanley survey of insurance 148 brokers found that this quarter, the average premium increase for customers renewing an insurance plan is 12 percent in the small group market and 11 percent in the individual market.
While insurers were hiking premiums since 2012 by smaller amounts, the lead-up to the Obamacare’s launch has seen the average rate at which premiums are growing fourfold.
http://www.forbes.com/fdc/welcome_mjx.shtml
OMG!!! 12%??? Run for the hills! The sky is falling. Silly Nilly.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1123436 Apr 22, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Says the person who thinks high humor is Jew pizza oven jokes.
I do not care what you think.
Being obsessed and clueless are just a couple of your abnormalities. But we are all soo concerned with your thought process. NOT idiot.

Since: Jul 08

We will not go gentle

#1123437 Apr 22, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Says the person who thinks high humor is Jew pizza oven jokes.
Those were long before you came here, Jason-Jay. Just summarize with "I do not care."
Mrs Robinson

Palm Coast, FL

#1123438 Apr 22, 2014
Patrick n Angela wrote:
<quoted text>
Romney tried statistics in 2012 and got stuck on 47%
Do you make up yours?
He probably should have tried lies like my son-in-law, who won Lie of the Year, but is still worshipped by ignorant fools such as you and your beard.

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1123439 Apr 22, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
I will not continue to repost the same links over and over again because ever 24 hours you two claim to have a memory lapse of what was posted. 5 times is the limit.
USAsince is wrong in her claim.
That's right. Put your fingers in your ears and scream, "I can't hear you!" You don't believe anything that isn't confirmed by a conservative talking head.

"Geography: Bundy’s ranch is in Bunkerville, about 75 miles northeast of Las Vegas. The land that Reid identified for the solar plant was about 90 miles south of Las Vegas in Laughlin. That puts the Bundy ranch and the solar plant site about a three-hour drive apart. They’re simply not in the same part of the state.

Another project comes close. But not that close: Bundy’s home in the Mojave desert is closer to the Dry Lake Solar Energy Zone, a corridor that has been slated for renewable energy development. The BLM is planning a mitigation strategy that may stretch toward the area where Bundy has been grazing his cows. But even there, the maps don’t match up closely enough to suggest that Bundy’s specific grazing land was the intended site of a solar facility. Also, the Chinese company ENN had not been planning a facility in the Dry Lake area." (Las Vegas Sun)

http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2014/apr/17/f...
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1123440 Apr 22, 2014
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Just another sign that rotten fruit doesn't fall to far from the tree. Didn't you say yourself that the old man had pretty much given up?
Hey teach, explain what eugenics is and how it can get rid of all those rotten apples???
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1123441 Apr 22, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!
You should practice shutting the fk up because you're clearly a fkn imbecile.
I think the idiots are still obsessing over your vette. You know how they are when they latch on to anything. Absolutely no self control...
dem

United States

#1123442 Apr 22, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>Says the person who thinks high humor is Jew pizza oven jokes.

The 24/7 topix skank with 3 duis is the new morality cop while gunner is sleeping till noon
dem

United States

#1123443 Apr 22, 2014
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Your mother has been dead for 30+ years? I got the impression it was much sooner.
It's the wife that left him 30 years ago yet they are still married.
Chris Lopez

New York, NY

#1123444 Apr 22, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
What?
Constitutional crises?
Spying on Americans?
No US court judge authorization?
You really need to back up these claims.
George W. Bush was a villian to the left leaning and extremely biased media. Every second of his presidency was under a microscope. Obama is like a wife-beating husband with the wife pretending it either doesn't happen (ignoring, under-reporting) or getting angry at the police when they come to arrest him (accusations of racism to anyone who criticizes The One).

Studies have shown that liberalism has been associated with low intelligence and no common sense, and if not treated immediately can lead to Destruction of a civilization in less than 8 years.

Symptoms include emotion in place of logic and severe case of constipation of the mind and diarrhea of the mouth. If symptoms are discovered please utilize all Planned Parenthood agendas to prevent the spread of this horrible disease.
dem

United States

#1123445 Apr 22, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>Being obsessed and clueless are just a couple of your abnormalities. But we are all soo concerned with your thought process. NOT idiot.
Is she drunk? Does she have access to a motor vehicle? Hide the children or she will run them over.
Chris Lopez

New York, NY

#1123446 Apr 22, 2014
Mrs Robinson wrote:
<quoted text> He probably should have tried lies like my son-in-law, who won Lie of the Year, but is still worshipped by ignorant fools such as you and your beard.
Someone should remind Russia that your son-in-law won that Peace Prize. How's that working out for the world?

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1123447 Apr 22, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
"But another section of the law establishes the actuarial value of plans that can be sold on exchanges, which will cater to individuals and small groups. A bronze plan is allowed to have an actuarial value of 60%, meaning the insurer pays 60% of health care costs and the policyholder 40%. A silver plan can have a 70% value. Lower-actuarial plans tend to have lower MLR requirements.
Insurers offering bronze and silver plans must meet the 80% MLR under the final rule issued by the Department of Health and Human Services this week.
"It will make the carriers think long and hard about offering bronze policies and maybe silver ones," said Roy Ramthun, an independent consultant for consumer-directed health care.
Many bronze plans likely would have come with a high deductible. The higher the deductible, the fewer claims an insurer is likely to pay, thus reducing the MLR.
Read More At Investor's Business Daily: http://news.investors.com/120711-594079-obama...
Follow us:@IBDinvestors on Twitter | InvestorsBusinessDaily on Facebook
Really? You are so desperate that you would pick up an article from December, 2011. A time, I might remind you when FOX was claiming premiums would increase by 200-300%. Focus.
No Surprize

Largo, FL

#1123448 Apr 22, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
About the only thing comical with baggers is their idiotic views. Along with how easily led they are.
You lefties seem to have a compulsion to discuss your homosexual perversion ghost....

oh and yes, every neighborhood or blog has a bagger bible teabagger like you ghost.. A teabagger big mouth so ashamed of his homosexual and depraved deviance he accuses others of his inbred unnatural defect..

woodtick Post #1121702: so sad you were forced to go into the army because you are stupid...but hey, we need cannon fodder too.

It's the culture...

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#1123449 Apr 22, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Chicago? shooting?
ok, so i'll hazard a guess...people with guns?
and if you think something i said is illogical....i totally won.
Ah, yes. Very predictable. You left out a critical characteristic... again.
People with ILLEGAL guns.
Chicago has some of the most stringent gun laws in existence. Yet, on the south side they stack the bullet riddled corpses to the rafters in the morgues every weekend.

What makes you think anyone believes the Democrats will enforce any new gun law when it's overwhelmingly obvious they don't enforce existing gun laws.... in their own districts, that is.

You're an idiot.

I've got a solution to Chicago's murder problem.
Train dogs to find guns. Patrol the streets with those dogs. Arrest anyone carrying a gun illegally. Put anyone with a stolen gun in prison.
Problem solved.

What's wrong with that solution?
dem

United States

#1123450 Apr 22, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>I think the idiots are still obsessing over your vette. You know how they are when they latch on to anything. Absolutely no self control...
Morning, pal.
Yeah I like when they are forced to show their jealousy. When they hear I have more than them it kills their entire denigration of the lazy democrat. That hillbilly skank eats cat food and hasn't been able to drive(legally) in five years.
dem

United States

#1123452 Apr 22, 2014
Chris Lopez wrote:
<quoted text>Someone should remind Russia that your son-in-law won that Peace Prize. How's that working out for the world?
The right wingers here hate Hispanics.
You must be a real idiot.
dem

United States

#1123453 Apr 22, 2014
Chris Lopez wrote:
<quoted text>George W. Bush was a villian to the left leaning and extremely biased media. Every second of his presidency was under a microscope. Obama is like a wife-beating husband with the wife pretending it either doesn't happen (ignoring, under-reporting) or getting angry at the police when they come to arrest him (accusations of racism to anyone who criticizes The One).

Studies have shown that liberalism has been associated with low intelligence and no common sense, and if not treated immediately can lead to Destruction of a civilization in less than 8 years.

Symptoms include emotion in place of logic and severe case of constipation of the mind and diarrhea of the mouth. If symptoms are discovered please utilize all Planned Parenthood agendas to prevent the spread of this horrible disease.
Lying won't help your cause, Gustavo.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1123454 Apr 22, 2014
Bug gubbymint works, even at the state level...

'the Illinois Medicaid program paid an estimated $12 million for medical services for people listed as deceased in other state records, according to an internal state government memo.'

http://uncoverobamacare.com/illinois-medicaid...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Word (Dec '08) 5 min GEORGIA 6,839
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 5 min CrunchyBacon 104,532
Triple Word Game (Dec '11) 8 min GEORGIA 1,026
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 10 min GEORGIA 2,284
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 12 min GEORGIA 3,456
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 18 min Jacques in Ottawa 231,109
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 41 min SweLL GirL 9,865

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages