Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1567181 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Patriot

Longmont, CO

#1121902 Apr 19, 2014
FYI

Solar Activity Update - Coronal Mass Ejection Heading earths way - ETA April 20 at 16:00 UTC https://www.facebook.com/EarthquakeHunter...

Since: Jan 11

Hackettstown, NJ

#1121903 Apr 19, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
In the 90-'s under George HW Bush we had a cap & trade.
Its been done before.
No expanding the scope at all.
Except cap and trade doesn't do anything for the environment. Those costs are passed on to the consumer.

I see you're still stuck on political parties. They both take turns expanding the fed. The Two Card Monte card trick.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1121904 Apr 19, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
It's more about less federalism and state self governance than the marijuana for me. They just might repeal the law or heavily regulate marijuana when circumstances warrant it. The drinking age here was once 18 as was many states.
the concept that heavily regulating or taxing drugs makes them acceptable is illogical......

if marijuana is harmless, why should it be taxed any more than prescription drugs???....

and if marijuana cannot be demonstrated to meet the same health, safety, and efficacy standards as prescription drugs, why should it be legal???...

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

Gauley Bridge WV

#1121905 Apr 19, 2014
Can anybody with a brain tell me how this will do anything but ruin the economic engine of this country?

How cap and trade works

Learn how this key mechanism works to reduce emissions

56Share this on Facebook5Share this on Twitter
Cap and trade is the most environmentally and economically sensible approach to controlling greenhouse gas emissions, the primary driver of global warming.

The "cap" sets a limit on emissions, which is lowered over time to reduce the amount of pollutants released into the atmosphere.

The "trade" creates a market for carbon allowances, helping companies innovate in order to meet, or come in under, their allocated limit. The less they emit, the less they pay, so it is in their economic incentive to pollute less.

A cap is the only certain way to limit pollution

A cap sets a maximum allowable level of pollution and penalizes companies that exceed their emission allowance. No other system can guarantee to lower emissions.

The cap is a limit on the amount of pollution that can be released, measured in billions of tons of carbon dioxide (or equivalent) per year. It is set based on science.
It covers all major sources of pollution. The cap should limit emissions economy-wide, covering electric power generation, natural gas, transportation, and large manufacturers.
Emitters can release only limited pollution. Permits or "allowances" are distributed or auctioned to polluting entities: one allowance per ton of carbon dioxide, or CO2 equivalent heat-trapping gases. The total amount of allowances will be equal to the cap. A company or utility may only emit as much carbon as it has allowances for.
Industry can plan ahead. Each year, the cap is ratcheted down on a gradual and predictable schedule. Companies can plan well in advance to be allowed fewer and fewer permits – less global warming pollution – each year.
Trading: Leads to investment and innovation

Some companies will find it easy to reduce their pollution to match their number of permits; others may find it more difficult. Trading lets companies buy and sell allowances, leading to more cost-effective pollution cuts, and incentive to invest in cleaner technology.

Unlike with some pollutants, all CO2 goes into the upper atmosphere and has a global — not local — effect. So it doesn't matter whether the factory making the emission cuts is in Boston, Baton Rouge, or Berlin, it reduces global emissions.

Companies can turn pollution cuts into revenue. If a company is able to cut its pollution easily and cheaply, it can end up with extra allowances. It can then sell its extra allowances to other companies. This provides a powerful incentive for creativity, energy conservation and investment -- companies can turn pollution cuts into dollars.
The option to buy allowances gives companies flexibility. On the other hand, some companies might have trouble reducing their emissions, or want to make longer-term investments instead of quick changes. Trading allowances gives these companies another option for how to meet each year's cap.
The same amount of pollution cuts are achieved. While companies may exchange allowances with each other, the total number of allowances remains the same and the hard limit on pollution is still met every year.

Hackettstown, NJ

#1121906 Apr 19, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Your articles has been debunked a gazillion times.
You Tea Party people are dumber than sh*t.
Link?

Don't bother with Mother Jones, Daily Kos, Salon, et al.

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

#1121907 Apr 19, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya mean he didn't lie about Iraq? That's a switch.
For your sorry excuse about NASA to work, George W Bush had to tell them to lie about climate change.

Did he?

Is this what you are arguing now??

We know why he lied about Iraq.

I want you to explain why an oilman like George W Bush told NASA to lie about climate change so less oil would be used.

Do you people ever f*cking think?

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

#1121908 Apr 19, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
"debunked" is what happens to sleeping sailors in high seas.
Only in your fantasies.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1121909 Apr 19, 2014
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
The good news is that no one was killed, 3 wounded. His father said his son is innocent, that he is not a killer. Well, no parent wants to believe his kid is a killer.
What was his motive?
He's nut's!!! The police observed him for a week, the kid is batchyt crazy. If he wanted to kill people he could have__it appears that he was playing some game.

He's guilty.
No Surprize

Largo, FL

#1121910 Apr 19, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Realtime loves his pillow instead of his dog. It's cheaper; no food, poop or vet bills.
Just a once-a-week laundry and drying.
Realtime sex with farm Animals continued...

Post #1044454:- Honorable mention to baby goats. Ain't nothing cuter than a baby duck__bunnies come pretty close but bunnies stay cute__ducks grow up, shit all over the place and they're not good eating. Homer....

It's the culture...

Hackettstown, NJ

#1121911 Apr 19, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
For your sorry excuse about NASA to work, George W Bush had to tell them to lie about climate change.
Did he?
Is this what you are arguing now??
We know why he lied about Iraq.
I want you to explain why an oilman like George W Bush told NASA to lie about climate change so less oil would be used.
Do you people ever f*cking think?
It seems NASA computers indicate the retained heat isn't all that much.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jamestaylor/2011/...
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1121912 Apr 19, 2014
Realtime; this was from your link:

Undercover officers also watched as Whitaker met with a man to buy a handgun with a laser-sight in the Bass Pro Shops parking lot in Independence on April 11 — four days after police publicly announced they were investigating a possible serial shooter. The sale fell through because Whitaker refused to provide identification to the seller, court records said.

Police found a .380-caliber gun,.380-caliber ammunition, a black bandana and a green leafy substance inside his dresser in Whitaker’s apartment, where he apparently lived alone.

Whitaker told detectives he didn’t know much about the shootings, then said he was a victim of the “highway shooter” but couldn’t explain why he had a bullet hole on the inside, not outside, of his car, according to court records. He said he didn’t own a gun but couldn’t explain why police found one in his dresser. He declined to take responsibility but wept at times in the interrogation room, police said.

The arrest shocked Whitaker’s father, Edward Whitaker, of Cairo, Ill.

“I thought everything was OK with him,” he said.“I just thought he was working and trying to pay off his college bills.”

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/2014/04/18/4968116/...
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1121913 Apr 19, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>He's nut's!!! The police observed him for a week, the kid is batchyt crazy. If he wanted to kill people he could have__it appears that he was playing some game.
He's guilty.
Yeah, he was seen driving aggressively, following cars, unreal. When I see people like that on the road, I just let them go, you never know who has a gun. Good they caught him before he killed someone.
No Surprize

Largo, FL

#1121914 Apr 19, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>He's nut's!!! The police observed him for a week, the kid is batchyt crazy. If he wanted to kill people he could have__it appears that he was playing some game.
He's guilty.
Speaking of nuts you idiot, which squirrel or obama is your keeper you ignorant pervert?

It's the culture..

Hackettstown, NJ

#1121915 Apr 19, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
the concept that heavily regulating or taxing drugs makes them acceptable is illogical......
if marijuana is harmless, why should it be taxed any more than prescription drugs???....
and if marijuana cannot be demonstrated to meet the same health, safety, and efficacy standards as prescription drugs, why should it be legal???...
I'm talking about the people's self governance through their state governments. The state is far more easily persuaded than the ruling power of the federal government. I really don't care about the marijuana part. It's up to the state that legalized it to contend with it.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

Gauley Bridge WV

#1121916 Apr 19, 2014
https://www.google.com/url...

Does anybody else see something wrong with this graph?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1121917 Apr 19, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm talking about the people's self governance through their state governments. The state is far more easily persuaded than the ruling power of the federal government. I really don't care about the marijuana part. It's up to the state that legalized it to contend with it.
agreed, but that concept should apply to a lot more than just drugs....
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1121918 Apr 19, 2014
flack wrote:
https://www.google.com/url?sa= i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s &source=images&cd= &cad=rja&uact=8&do cid=V6PpgW28oGJy_M&tbnid=i LdUH8v4OncsJM:&ved=0CAUQjR w&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dis coveringantarctica.org.uk%2F12 _using_data.html&ei=0dFSU5 ycF8SKyASRs4Fo&bvm=bv.6505 8239,d.aWw&psig=AFQjCNElIx cxmdiZbEpPf44y3ND0emDObg&u st=1398022987472928
Flack__there is no graph__I think you finally broke the internet.

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

Since: Dec 06

KREUZBERG...

#1121919 Apr 19, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.........d o you have any more comedy routines you'd like to show us?
Yeah complete chaos when the over exposure of Testosterone in the air seeping out of men's pores reaches the inside of everyone else you know air born...

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

KREUZBERG...

#1121920 Apr 19, 2014
flack wrote:
https://www.google.com/url?sa= i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s &source=images&cd= &cad=rja&uact=8&do cid=V6PpgW28oGJy_M&tbnid=i LdUH8v4OncsJM:&ved=0CAUQjR w&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dis coveringantarctica.org.uk%2F12 _using_data.html&ei=0dFSU5 ycF8SKyASRs4Fo&bvm=bv.6505 8239,d.aWw&psig=AFQjCNElIx cxmdiZbEpPf44y3ND0emDObg&u st=1398022987472928
Normally yes and what is it about Normandy and it's battle what was wrong in their graph how much Politics had been alive then?

Sub species sub contracts etc...

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

KREUZBERG...

#1121921 Apr 19, 2014
Can they fill in any more data to what are they doing diverse?

Redirect...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr RACE 105,223
Simon McGreedys 3 hr Rattlesnake Pete 1
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 hr Just Think 242,122
OVERALL CDST of electric autos. 5 hr Id eat a gun-1st 4
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 6 hr SweLL GirL 11,036
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 7 hr Alyssa76 3,670
last post wins! (Apr '13) 9 hr They cannot kill ... 2,578

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages