Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1582858 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Eleanor Beaver

United States

#1121835 Apr 19, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
Some scientists would risk losing their government grants, and therefor careers, if they didn't toe the line.
<sarc on>

Oh, no. The warnings and scare tactics are REAL. The scientists and politicians are only doing the research to protect Mother Earth and especially the future generations of CHILDREN! The countless BILLIONS of dollars of profit from taxes and donations involved have nothing to do with ¨man made¨ climate change hysteria.

<sarc off>
Mrs Robinson

Palm Coast, FL

#1121836 Apr 19, 2014
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Imagine they think these scientists are all lying!! Why would they do that?
Perhaps because my son-in-law has been caught telling enormous lies.
Eleanor Beaver

United States

#1121837 Apr 19, 2014
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
gee and how do you account for the hundreds of scientists who work for NASA that don't depend on gov't grants that support the science of global climate change
or the thousands of NON U.S. scientists who support the science of global climate change
in fact the only people fight the science of global climate change are funded by the fossil fuel industry and the Koch brothers
Right, and David Koch gave $100 million to the hospital in NY so people wouldn't think he's greedy and mean.

No one is denying that the Earth's climate has changed before and is still changing.

If you and your ilk want to donate your money to your favorite climate change cause, be my guest. Just keep your grubby mitts off mine.
Eleanor Beaver

United States

#1121838 Apr 19, 2014
OH NO!

The UN is trying to scare us into believing we have only 15 years left. It looks ridiculous doing so, considering all the similar declarations that have come and gone.

A brief history of “climate tipping point” declarations discloses that the only scary hot air comes from warmist blowhards. Marc Morano at Climate Depot debunks the fake hysteria being generated to justify a MASSIVE TAX and POWER GRAB:

According to the Boston Globe, the United Nations has issued a new climate “tipping point” by which the world must act to avoid dangerous global warming.

The Boston Globe noted on April 16, 2014:“The world now has a rough deadline for action on climate change. Nations need to take aggressive action in the next 15 years to cut carbon emissions, in order to forestall the worst effects of global warming, says the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change.”

Once again, the world is being warned of an ecological or climate “tipping point” by the UN.

In 1982, the UN issued a two decade tipping point. UN official Mostafa Tolba, executive director of the UN Environment Program (UNEP), warned on May 11, 1982, the “world faces an ecological disaster as final as nuclear war within a couple of decades unless governments act now.” According to Tolba in 1982, lack of action would bring “by the turn of the century, an environmental catastrophe which will witness devastation as complete, as irreversible as any nuclear holocaust.”

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2014/04/t...

Geez, I guess we'll have to threaten China and India with annihilation unless they comply with U.N.'s wishes.

Since: Jan 11

Hackettstown, NJ

#1121839 Apr 19, 2014
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
gee and how do you account for the hundreds of scientists who work for NASA that don't depend on gov't grants that support the science of global climate change
or the thousands of NON U.S. scientists who support the science of global climate change
in fact the only people fight the science of global climate change are funded by the fossil fuel industry and the Koch brothers
So, scientists funded by the Koch Bros. have no integrity and scientists funded by governments, foreign and domestic, have integrity, is that right? You're admitting scientists, who are human beings with all of their human imperfections, can be persuaded toward a particular outcome when you use the funded by the fossil fuel industry argument. If one side can be rigged, so can the other side.

NASA isn't government funded?
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1121840 Apr 19, 2014
flack wrote:
Muslim Arrested in Kansas City Highway Sniper Shootings, charged with 18 counts in 20 shootings
JIHAD IN AMERICA: ENEMY IN OUR MIDST 46 Comments
Muhammad Whittaker
Another Muslim convert “misunderstanding” the literal word of the quran as millions of others jihadists “misunderstand” Islam. That’s story according to the Obama administration tools and apologists.Hamas-CAIR is writing its press release now blaming …… islamophobia.The bottom line is that Mohammed fired a gun at as many as 20 motorists on major roads and highways. Three people were shot.You will recall another Mohammed sniper jihad in DC. John Allen Muhammad was an American Muslim convert who carried out the Beltway sniper attacks of October 2002, killing at least 10 people.“Suspect in KC-area highway shooting charged with 18 counts in 9 incidents,” CNN, April 18, 2014Kansas City, Missouri (CNN)—[Breaking news alert, 2:34 p.m.]Mohammed Whitaker, suspect in the Kansas City-area highway shootings, is charged with 18 felony counts covering nine incidents, Jackson County’s prosecutor said Friday. Two counts are “A” felonies alleging he shot someone by firing into a motor vehicle. Seven are “B” felonies alleging he fired into a motor vehicle. The other nine counts accuse him of armed criminal action, Jean Peters Baker said.There’s no evidence to suggest that anyone else besides the arrestee was involved in the Kansas City highway shootings, she said. Authorities declined to say specifically what led them to believe Whitaker was the shooter. But Baker said surveillance, ballistics, tips and witness statements helped authorities build their case. More charges could be filed in the Kansas City-area highway shootings, she said.[Previous story, 10:25 a.m.]Kansas City residents breathe easier after highway shootings suspect nabbedFor more than a month, motorists around Kansas City, Missouri, have worried about something besides traffic jams and potholes.Someone had fired a gun at as many as 20 motorists on major roads and highways. Three people were shot, none with life-threatening injuries.A news conference expecting to reveal details of the case was scheduled Friday, a day after Police Chief Darryl Forte announced a man was taken into custody in connection with the shootings. The suspect’s name won’t be released until charges have been filed.Thursday’s arrest took place in Grandview, Missouri, south of Kansas City. Kevin Cooksey, who lives across an alley from the suspect, said he saw police take him into custody.“He couldn’t go nowhere because he was surrounded. Completely surrounded,” Cooksey told affiliate KSHB-TV.“They were on him. As soon as it happened, they were on him.”
Pamela Geller; no wonder you're acting crazy. Btw, no one was killed, thankfully.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1121841 Apr 19, 2014
<quoted text>
Imagine they think these scientists are all lying!! Why would they do that?
Climate deniers are like birthers. Gullible and very foolish.

Hackettstown, NJ

#1121842 Apr 19, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is why you are stupid.
If a researcher faked data, etc & got caught, their life in that job will be ruined.
Yet you believe deniers who were hired by fossil fuel interests ( incl. Republicans).
Some have been caught manipulating the data.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/columnists...

The scientists hired by fossil fuel interests are different from scientists financed by the government? I thought a scientist was a scientist.

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#1121843 Apr 19, 2014
Eleanor Beaver wrote:
<quoted text>
Right, and David Koch gave $100 million to the hospital in NY so people wouldn't think he's greedy and mean.
No one is denying that the Earth's climate has changed before and is still changing.
If you and your ilk want to donate your money to your favorite climate change cause, be my guest. Just keep your grubby mitts off mine.
First where in my post did I say the Koch brothers were greedy and mean, here it is agsin

"in fact the only people fight the science of global climate change are funded by the fossil fuel industry and the Koch brothers"

you seem to have a serious problem with reading & comprehension don't you

and like wow, so the Koch brothers gave a 100 million to a hospital (which I doubt) so that's like 1/1,000 th of what they are worth...
BFD

Keep my mitts off of your what, stupidity? Gladly
Eleanor Beaver

United States

#1121844 Apr 19, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
So, scientists funded by the Koch Bros. have no integrity and scientists funded by governments, foreign and domestic, have integrity, is that right? You're admitting scientists, who are human beings with all of their human imperfections, can be persuaded toward a particular outcome when you use the funded by the fossil fuel industry argument. If one side can be rigged, so can the other side.
¨As early as 1989, the UN was already trying to sell their “tipping point” rhetoric to the public. See: U.N. Warning of 10-Year ‘Climate Tipping Point’ Began in 1989 (snip)

It’s all so confusing. In 2007, UN IPCC chief Pachauri declared 2012 as the climate deadline to act or it would be “too late.” See: Celebrate! UN IPCC Chairman Pachauri: It’s Too Late to Fight Climate Change!(snip)

Not to be outdone by the UN, Former Irish President Mary Robinson weighed in this week, issuing a more generous 20 year tipping point.(snip)

Not to be left out, NASA got in the climate tipping point act in 2009. See: NASA’s James Hansen Declared Obama Only First Term to Save The Planet!—‘On Jan. 17, 2009 Hansen declared Obama only ‘has four years to save Earth’(snip)

But in 2012, the UN gave Obama and planet Earth another four year reprieve. See: Tipping points extended again: UN Foundation Pres. Warmist Tim Wirth: 2012 is Obama’s ‘last window of opportunity’ to get it right on climate change

Former Vice President Al Gore also created a 10 year climate tipping point in 2006 (snip)

Then, Michael Mann weighed in with his 2036 Mayan calendar type deadline. See: 2036 is the new 2012?! UN Scientist Michael Mann starts his own Mayan Calendar deadline:‘Global Warming Will Cross a Dangerous Threshold in 2036&#8242;

The list goes on and on. Don’t these people realize that they are now well into "the boy who cried wolf" territory?

This is the sort of thing Saturday Night Live ought to be parodying.¨
Nostrilis Waxman

Simsbury, CT

#1121845 Apr 19, 2014
<quoted text>
Bravo!
Bravo?

The Frontporch bimbo gives you a linkg to To Kill a Mockingbird (1962) and an airhad like you responds Bravo!

baawwaahhh!!!

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#1121846 Apr 19, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
first, your argument that scientists that advocate global climate change are influenced by their dependence on gov't grants would also apply to the FEW scientists who deny global climate change who receive funding from the fossil fuel industry & Koch brothers only more so in fact

second I didn't say NASA isn't gov't funded. what I said is that THEY DON'T RELY ON GOV'T GRANTS, THEY ARE SALARIED.

Learn to friggin read, k?

and when 97% of scientists accept global climate change as fact, yes I tend to believe it, not only that we are witnessing the effects of it right now
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1121847 Apr 19, 2014
<quoted text>
wow
Various states have invested in that fund bring the total to over $450,000,000 to "develop medical facilities."

I thought DaBammy was gonna wipe out the medical industry. Doctors were gonna quit, Hospitals were gonna close, no one was gonna go to medical or nursing schools. Hah LMAO.

Wasn't he also gonna take away the guns?

And bankrupt the nation?
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1121848 Apr 19, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Bravo?
The Frontporch bimbo gives you a linkg to To Kill a Mockingbird (1962) and an airhad like you responds Bravo!
baawwaahhh!!!
poor little ruskie.

still insane...
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1121849 Apr 19, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Various states have invested in that fund bring the total to over $450,000,000 to "develop medical facilities."
I thought DaBammy was gonna wipe out the medical industry. Doctors were gonna quit, Hospitals were gonna close, no one was gonna go to medical or nursing schools. Hah LMAO.
And bankrupt the nation?
You have to understand them....

.... they're 'defeating' Obama because they're talking about it!
Eleanor Beaver

United States

#1121850 Apr 19, 2014
Common Sense and Climate Change

There is no "normal" temperature for Earth.

What is normal is for the temperature, over hundreds of thousands and in some cases millions of years, to vary greatly. The cycle of periods of extreme warmth and cold, and everything in between, is what is normal. Before man and after man, the Earth has experienced these huge swings in temperatures. Who are we to say that the climate for the last couple of hundred-thousand years is normal and that some deviation of a degree or two is abnormal? Who are we to say that the rising or falling of sea levels from recent levels is abnormal? To the contrary, variations in temperatures and in sea levels have been taking place for the 4.5 billion years of the Earth's existence.

Change is what is normal.

http://www.americanthinker.com/2014/04/common...

Hackettstown, NJ

#1121851 Apr 19, 2014
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
first, your argument that scientists that advocate global climate change are influenced by their dependence on gov't grants would also apply to the FEW scientists who deny global climate change who receive funding from the fossil fuel industry & Koch brothers only more so in fact
second I didn't say NASA isn't gov't funded. what I said is that THEY DON'T RELY ON GOV'T GRANTS, THEY ARE SALARIED.
Learn to friggin read, k?
and when 97% of scientists accept global climate change as fact, yes I tend to believe it, not only that we are witnessing the effects of it right now
You just said the same thing I did. If one can be influenced, so can the other.

Who pays the salaries? Do they need to perpetuate their existence?

97% buy into the Agenda 21 initiatives.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1121852 Apr 19, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>You have to understand them....
.... they're 'defeating' Obama because they're talking about it!
Winning by losing?
Eleanor Beaver

United States

#1121853 Apr 19, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Various states have invested in that fund bring the total to over $450,000,000 to "develop medical facilities."
And bankrupt the nation?
Baby steps, knucklehead.

The left's agenda is like a slowly developing insidious disease. The medical insurance industry IS being attacked. Doctors ARE quitting. Hospitals ARE closing. The debt has increased more under Obama than all other presidents combined. There ARE many new restrictive gun laws.

Are you blind AND retarded?
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1121854 Apr 19, 2014
Eleanor Beaver wrote:
Common Sense and Climate Change
There is no "normal" temperature for Earth.
What is normal is for the temperature, over hundreds of thousands and in some cases millions of years, to vary greatly. The cycle of periods of extreme warmth and cold, and everything in between, is what is normal. Before man and after man, the Earth has experienced these huge swings in temperatures. Who are we to say that the climate for the last couple of hundred-thousand years is normal and that some deviation of a degree or two is abnormal? Who are we to say that the rising or falling of sea levels from recent levels is abnormal? To the contrary, variations in temperatures and in sea levels have been taking place for the 4.5 billion years of the Earth's existence.
Change is what is normal.
http://www.americanthinker.com/2014/04/common...
American Thinker??? ROFLMAO

"American Thinker is your garden variety right wing site for people who believe that Jesus personally delivered the constitution to the founding fathers."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Awww Melrose diner closed! 1 hr Out of Potty Expe... 3
Please 1 hr Out of Potty Expe... 5
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr SweLL GirL 11,178
What's the real story about Charlottsville? 2 hr ThomasA 26
The Party of Racism. 2 hr Definitely Democruds 5
OVERALL CDST of electric autos. 2 hr STARfukinFascists 23
News 2 dead, 6 others wounded during city shootings (Aug '16) 3 hr Fordian hesterdam 4

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages