Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1383504 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1120788 Apr 17, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Carol, Daffy cannot figure out the difference between fact and opinion. Enlightenment is something he fights hard against.
lol! Stop groping the the dark son.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1120789 Apr 17, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
Where were you when OWS was brazenly breaking the law with Il Douche's complicity? You were shouting "FREEDOM" from the roof tops. Freedom for the neo nazis of the left of course, no one else.
Deny it and further cement your reputation as a dishonest , cowardly troll.
lol! Oh wait! Aren't you the idiots who brought your guns to support the guy who lost in court and failed to pay his 'rental fee' but took government land for his own benefit in Nevada?

Hmmmmm..... interesting how entitlements work for reich wingers!

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1120790 Apr 17, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
CBS's Major Garrett Asks Obama: Is Putin 'Mocking You and the US Military?'
During his interview with President Barack Obama that aired Thursday, CBS News White House correspondent Major Garrett asked if Russian President Vladimir Putin was mocking him and the U.S. military by having a Russian fighter jet buzz a U.S. warship.
Mocking the Magic Negro is fun, easy and a Global Pastime.

We need a President and the not the butt of every political joke known to mankind.
Eleanor Beaver

United States

#1120791 Apr 17, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
The poor are worthless, a drag on society.
Some proggies don't think so.

This became apparent when Alex Sink, the Democratic House candidate in Florida's 13th Congressional District, said "where are you going to get people to work to clean our hotel rooms or do our landscaping?"

During a heated debate against Republican candidate David Jolly, Sink made her call for immigration reform.

"We have a lot of employers over on the beaches that rely upon workers, and especially in this high-growth environment, where are you going to get people to work to clean out hotel rooms or do our landscaping?"

I love it when they f**k up and tell the truth.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1120792 Apr 17, 2014
lol! Woohoo!

Good news for shareholders! McCrory is still in Duke's money pockets!

I wonder how much money they'll give him when he retires from office?

"Duke: Coal ash spill won't affect bottom line

By MICHAEL BIESECKER and MITCH WEISS

The Associated PressApril 17, 2014 Updated 5 hours ago
Facebook Twitter Google Plus Reddit E-mail Print
Recent Headlines

CHARLOTTE, N.C.— Duke Energy told shareholders Thursday that cleanup costs resulting from its massive coal ash spill into the Dan River won't have a material effect on the $50 billion company's bottom line.

The nation's largest electric company said in a regulatory filing with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission that it had spent $15 million so far on plugging the collapsed pipe at its Eden power plant that triggered a Feb. 2 spill and polluted 70 miles of the Dan River with toxic sludge. The company has also begun the process of trying to dredge some of the spilled ash from the river.

Duke said it can't yet assess what costs may result from new laws affecting how the company handles the ash at its 33 coal ash dumps in North Carolina, or from future legal claims, litigation or environmental fines.

Duke's statement to investors came a day after North Carolina Gov. Pat McCrory unveiled a proposal he touted as strengthening government oversight of the state's coal ash dumps. But the governor's plan didn't address the key issue of what will happen to Duke's ash pits.

McCrory said his plan would result in the "conversion or closure" of the dumps and close legal loopholes that allowed the nation's largest electricity company to avoid cleaning up groundwater contamination leaching from unlined ash pits at 14 coal-fired power plants across the state.

All of Duke's ash pits are along the state's rivers and lakes — and the governor's plan doesn't force the company to move them.

Read more here: http://www.newsobserver.com/2014/04/17/379198... ;
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1120793 Apr 17, 2014
lol! This guy just can't make up his mind on anything!

Typical reich wing thinking... dump and run!

"Gov. Scott Walker declines to commit to four-year Wisconsin term
He also hints at longer time to reach jobs goal
By Patrick Marley of the Journal Sentinel
April 16, 2014

Madison — A day after he formally announced his re-election bid, Gov. Scott Walker declined to say Wednesday whether he would serve a full four-year term if re-elected.

In comments to reporters in Madison and Milwaukee, Walker also tested the idea that he may have until the end of 2015 — rather than the beginning of that year — to meet his 2010 pledge to have the state add 250,000 jobs.

After more than three years in office, he has yet to reach the halfway point of that promise. He said he still aimed to meet it — though when wasn't clear.

The Republican governor is frequently mentioned as a potential candidate for president in 2016. If Walker and Lt. Gov. Rebecca Kleefisch were re-elected this Nov. 4 but Walker stepped down midterm, the job would go to Kleefisch until January 2019.

Asked Wednesday after speaking to the Wisconsin Hospital Association in Madison if he would commit to serving a full second term, Walker dodged the question.

"I'm committed to run for governor again," he said. "I love being governor and I'm committed to being governor going forward."

Read more from Journal Sentinel: http://www.jsonline.com/news/statepolitics/go...
Follow us:@JournalSentinel on Twitter
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1120794 Apr 17, 2014
lol! Wow. So this 'donation' garnered a 'clearing' for Christie and ~$1M in fees from the people of New Jersey for a whilte washed report!

Reich wngers really know how to slither their way around!

"ByRebecca KaplanCBS NewsApril 16, 2014, 2:15 PM
Law firm that exonerated Chris Christie donated to Christie-led group

The law firm that cleared Gov. Chris Christie, R-N.J., of wrongdoing in the George Washington Bridge scandal donated $10,000 to the political group heleads, nine days before the firm's internal review of the scandal was released.

The firm, Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher, was hired by Christie to investigate and determine whether the governor had any involvement in planning or executing the lane closures that appear to have been ordered by his staff. Ultimately, the review concluded that the governor "had no knowledge beforehand."

On March 18, the firm donated $10,000 to the Republican Governors Association (RGA), a group that Christie chairs and done extensive fundraising for,the Bergen Record reported Wednesday.

The newspaper notes that the California office of the law firm is a regular contributor to the group and that a partner sits on an RGA leadership committee. They did not donate to the Democratic Governors Association in 2012, 2013 or 2014....."

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

Since: Dec 06

KREUZBERG...

#1120795 Apr 17, 2014
The World as one sees it...So it is then Harmony that is the lead...Peace and Love ...

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

KREUZBERG...

#1120796 Apr 17, 2014
Ghosts to have a personal one...

Jesus this and that and God this and that...

Lapeer, MI

#1120797 Apr 17, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
So what happens this June if we find out the Iranians didn't do what they were told and managed to build a nuclear missile by then?
All they needed was enough time to dupe Obama and the UK without any sanctions making it more difficult. What if they were given that amount of time on a silver platter?
China and Russia could care less.
We'll find out this June if they've been good little Iranians or how far along they've come. Hope it won't be too late by then.
We desperately need a President and not a Community Organizer. He is laughed at by our enemies, despised by our friends and ignored by the intelligent.

I was watching TV earlier today when the networks interrupted regular programming for a special announcement from the Magic Negro. He began talking about the loss of lives in that South Korean ferry disaster and I thought this was proper for our President. But then suddenly he began launching into a long bullshit spiel about how Obamacare is an American success story! Where in the hell did this come from?

The Fifth Column has doubled down in its efforts to repair the disastrous image of this Presidency. Charlie Rose is once again singing the praises of the Marxist-In-Chief. Did you happen to catch Fallon tonight? I told you.....the First Cow came on again and began talking cheap street talk like some sailor's best friend.

To unsuspecting suckers, the Liberal Media is their friend. To the intelligent and street-wise, it is a dark evil of over-arching storm clouds.

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

KREUZBERG...

#1120798 Apr 17, 2014
Meetings and...

To some Politics are means and they see their world despite other things somewhat more Theolistic. To fact based
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1120799 Apr 17, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
I have looked, the rich do pay the majority of the taxes, the non rich pay nearly nothing yet get most of it. The poor are worthless, a drag on society.
harsh, but the truth.......

and that is why ObamaKKkare is a political disaster, because it is the first entitlement that benefits solely the poor and penalizes the "non-rich" in the middle......

Lapeer, MI

#1120800 Apr 17, 2014
Tinka wrote:
Ok so the TV is utterly completely ignored...
I am at a point I will never turn that shit back on...
Amen and Glory Hallelujah, sister.

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

KREUZBERG...

#1120801 Apr 17, 2014
So did Topix get sold / sell out as well as much seems to have been...or is it still the same guy?
So Politics and ECO systems and how things were must have been Mythical probably not all as Enchanted as one would think it to be..But mysterious...

Lapeer, MI

#1120802 Apr 17, 2014
Eleanor Beaver wrote:
<quoted text>
That Ghost character sure does mention little boys a lot.
Ghost's world consists of a 10' x 20' room inside an aluminum can. The view from every window is that of another trailer.

....and those little boys walking to school each morning that cause him to salivate.

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

KREUZBERG...

#1120803 Apr 17, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
harsh, but the truth.......
and that is why ObamaKKkare is a political disaster, because it is the first entitlement that benefits solely the poor and penalizes the "non-rich" in the middle......
Amen and all to sisterhood as much as was it in man was given...

Next Election we will have a woman...

I bet the guys can't wait for that Election...

Personalized For a Duty and no job...

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

KREUZBERG...

#1120804 Apr 17, 2014
Harsh are a few things things that seek in Politics as much as they have their Nose in other books not just the finance bracket, health and who knows what...

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

KREUZBERG...

#1120805 Apr 17, 2014
Some Professors do remind me of that...Some peep sci fi view of Futuringing and what could be's...as faras possibilities ...Mode median and what was it means...

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

KREUZBERG...

#1120806 Apr 17, 2014
Talk about a Governing Ding...

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

KREUZBERG...

#1120807 Apr 17, 2014
HIGH as a KITE...

Have a KIT KAT, I hear sugar soon will be outlawed...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
last post wins! (Apr '13) 10 min Hatti_Hollerand 992
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 27 min Dr Guru 214,478
last post wins! (Dec '10) 35 min They cannot kill ... 2,048
Do the fatties under the Hijab swelter?? Ask th... 2 hr justice 2
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 2 hr -Glinda- 8,420
Home Bound Horror Story 2 hr justice 2
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 4 hr TRD 70,607
Observations 4 hr Angelique770 27
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 11 hr Sublime1 102,009
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages