Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1419354 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1120841 Apr 18, 2014
Zip Lock Baggies..........who knew?

We went with friends to a restaurant on Sunday for lunch and sat in the patio section beside the store. We happened to notice zip lock baggies pinned to a post and a wall. The bags were half filled with ...water, each contained 4 pennies, and they were zipped shut. Naturally we were curious! The owner told us that these baggies kept the flies away! So naturally we were even more curious! We actually watched some flies come in the open window, stand around on the window sill, and then fly out again. And there were no flies in the eating area! This morning I checked this out on Google.
Below are comments on this fly control idea. I'm now a believer!

Zip-lock water bags:#1 Says: I tried the zip lock bag and pennies this weekend. I have a horse trailer. The flies were bad while I was camping. I put the baggies with pennies above the door of the LQ. NOT ONE FLY came in the trailer.The horse trailer part had many. Not sure why it works but it does!

#2 Says:Fill a zip lock bag with water and 5 or 6 pennies and hang it in the problem area. In my case it was a particular window in my home. It had a slight passage way for insects. Every since I have done that, it has kept flies and wasps away. Some say that wasps and flies mistake the bag for some other insect nest and are threatened.

#3 Says:I swear by the plastic bag of water trick. I have them on porch and basement. We saw these in Northeast Mo. at an Amish grocery store& have used them since. They say it works because a fly sees a reflection& won't come around.

#4 Says:Regarding the science behind zip log bags of water? My research found that the millions of molecules of water presents its own prism effect and given that flies have a lot of eyes, to them it's like a zillion disco balls reflecting light, colors and movement in a dizzying manner. When you figure that flies are prey for many other bugs, animals, birds, etc., they simply won't take the risk of being around that much perceived action. I moved to a rural area and thought these "hillbillies" were just yanking my city boy chain but I tried it and it worked immediately! We went from hundreds of flies to seeing the occasional one, but he didn't hang around long.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#1120842 Apr 18, 2014
WATCH: What Does Jay Carney Say About Obama’s Transparency? Get Ready to Laugh

April 17, 2014 By Jennifer Burke

Jay-Carney
Obama’s Attorney General of the Department of Justice, Eric Holder, has been held in contempt of Congress for not providing evidence related to the botched gun running scandal Fast and Furious. Obama’s IRS official Lois Lerner pled the Fifth Amendment, after giving an opening statement, refusing to answer questions about the Obama IRS targeting and harassment of Tea Party and other conservative groups.

Many members of Obama’s administration, including the president himself, lied about the attacks at Benghazi, blaming them over and over again on a little seen YouTube video. Obama’s former Secretary of State, Hillary Clinton, had the response of “What difference does it make” during a Congressional hearing about these lies. The Obama administration has refused to call the 2012 shooting at Fort Hood by Muslim Nidal Malik Hassan a terrorist attack, instead calling it ‘workplace violence.’ He even accepted a transparency award behind closed doors with no reporters allowed! The list goes on.

But, despite the reality that demonstrates Barack Obama’s penchant for lying and withholding information, and those around him doing the same to protect him, Obama Pro-Soviet Press Secretary Jay Carney still claims that the Obama administration is the most transparent in history.

WATCH:
No Surprize

Largo, FL

#1120843 Apr 18, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep it's up to over 8 million and counting, as the Republicans are going nuts like you are. I love it.
AND.. More than 4.7 million Americans had their health insurance canceled because of obamacare you idiot as a result of fools like you. A net for obamacare of only 3.5 million ..

It's the culture...
TheIndependentMa jority

Elyria, OH

#1120844 Apr 18, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep it's up to over 8 million and counting, as the Republicans are going nuts like you are. I love it.
Do yew want fries with that, WORM?

(about time dammit.)
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1120845 Apr 18, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
The Boy lies his way into the limelight once again:http://tinyurl.com/18r
"The final figure of how many Americans will gain health coverage under the law remains unclear for several reasons. Some portion of those who have signed up on the state and federal health insurance exchanges won’t follow through and pay their premiums, so their insurance will not begin. And not everyone who is signing up for coverage is getting it for the first time, because some are shifting from previous health plans that failed to meet the law’s essential benefits requirements.
On the other hand, the 8 million figure does not include everyone who is newly insured, because more than 1 million consumers — and possibly many more — have bought plans directly through insurance companies. And 3 million Americans have been determined newly eligible for Medicaid as a result of the program’s expansion in 26 states and the District, according to administration figures.
The Congressional Budget Office projected that 7 million Americans would enroll in state and federal marketplaces during the initial six-month open-enrollment period that began Oct. 1, although it scaled back its forecast to 6 million after the federal Web site, HealthCare.gov , failed to function properly for the first two months.
While open enrollment was supposed to end March 31, the administration allowed any consumer who tried to sign up for coverage before that date to return by April 15 and finish picking a plan. The figures the White House released Thursday reflect enrollment through then on the federal and state exchanges.
Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) said in a statement Thursday that Obama had glossed over the fact that many Americans had been unable to keep their previous plans and may now be getting inferior coverage."
The Liar-In-Chief is a rock-solid Saul Alinsky adherent and as such will never back down in his lies even when his pants are lying down around his ankles. Count on it.
Hurry November.
I promise you come November you will not be happy, Americans are starting to see exactly why you morons on the right are so against Obama care...Hell the answer is a simple one...It's good for fellow Americans, when was the last time the PUGS ever passed anything that benefitted the working class and the poor. Their heads are too firmly entrenched up the rich mans ass. But in your case it's your own ass, and I'll bet there is room for a couple other family members heads also.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#1120846 Apr 18, 2014
Remember this during pool season - Fill container with vinegar, sugar and salt to trap wasps... Ill be placing these around the yard this year! Share this! You're friends will thank you EDIT : I've been testing it more, I would try a 1 cup depending on the size of your bowl. Then, I would add about 1/4 of everything else. It will smell like vinegar, but I think it keeps the bugs away a lot better!
TheIndependentMa jority

Elyria, OH

#1120847 Apr 18, 2014
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>AND.. More than 4.7 million Americans had their health insurance canceled because of obamacare you idiot as a result of fools like you. A net for obamacare of only 3.5 million ..
It's the culture...
Now that is the part that yew side, the partay of ol' robber baron type goobers, needs to WORK on.

So what're yew all waiting fer? An invitation?

Just leave the Struggling working class masses, UNable to afford the prior market of ridiculous (and way out of touch w/working class REALITY) way over inflated prices, that now have at least SOME AFFORDABLE care, be...because they deserve some healthcare too dammit.

Oh..and Happy Easter weekend, ol' GOP'er....and don't hog All the sunshine!
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1120848 Apr 18, 2014
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>AND.. More than 4.7 million Americans had their health insurance canceled because of obamacare you idiot as a result of fools like you. A net for obamacare of only 3.5 million ..
It's the culture...
Nice little programmed chimp, Americans are getting past all of your lies and assaults and now millions that didn't have health care are now insured, as always anything good for Americans Republicans are against.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#1120849 Apr 18, 2014
Published on: April 3, 2014
By Steve Herz, NATIONAL ENQUIRER
Photography by: Getty Images News
EXCLUSIVE: MICHELLE WALKS OUT AS OBAMA DIVORCE BATTLE EXPLODES!
IN a major behind-the-scenes blowout, President BARACK OBAMA and first lady MICHELLE waged their worst White House fight ever over her lavish vacation trip to China!

Sources tell The ENQUIRER that Obama exploded when Mi­chelle refused to cancel her pricey getaway – even after White House advisers warned him that the first couple’s six-year string of extravagant vacations had already drained the U.S. Trea­sury of a whopping $150 million in tax­payers’ money.

Instead of postpon­ing her trip, a furious Michelle – still seeth­ing over the embarrassing “selfie” Barack recently snapped with a leggy blonde head of state – announced that she was taking her mother along for company.

She further declared that she didn’t want reporters covering her activities overseas.

“This was a blowout of epic proportions – probably the nasti­est White House fight they’ve ever had,” a Washington, D.C., insider told The ENQUIRER.

“They were both screaming at one another.

“The president was infuriated when advisers told him that they’d added up the costs of all their ‘vacations’ and China was putting them over the $150 million mark.

“But he’s defenseless to stop Michelle be­cause their marriage has collapsed. She’s doing what she wants – and that’s seeing the world on the American taxpayers’ dime.”

The embattled commander in chief flat-out begged his wife of 21 years to postpone the trip, according to a family insider.

“But she refused,” said the source.

“Then, when Barack asked why she had to take her mother along, Mi­chelle ripped into him. She screamed that he was ‘lucky’ that she hadn’t left him after that embarrassing ‘selfie,’ and then she stormed off.”

Michelle arrived in Beijing with her mother, Marian Robinson, and the Obamas’ daughters, 15-year-old Malia and Sasha, 12, on March 20 for a planned seven-day, three-city trip.

They checked into the lavish presidential suite at the Beijing Wes­tin hotel, costing a whopping $8,350 per night. The 3,400-square-foot suite included 24-hour butler service and a steam room.

One published report quoted hotel employees grumbling about Michelle’s mom “barking at the staff ” and added that the first lady’s party was “inconveniencing pretty much everyone.”

And it quickly became clear that Michelle had apparently won the battle to avoid media scrutiny.

While she was scheduled to de­liver a speech to students at Peking University,“The Weekly Standard” reported that “she won’t be accompa­nied by the press” because “she does not plan to give interviews.”

As a result, the White House went into spin control, noted the D.C. insider.

“They’re defending Michelle’s trip by calling it ‘a people-to-people exchange’ and emphasizing ‘the im­portance that both nations place on education,’” said the source.“But the fact is Michelle specifically demanded that reporters not follow her every move.”

Media were granted access to only two of the 22 events on the first lady’s schedule, and sources say Michelle’s media ban hid her secret agenda to split from the president.

Besides being humiliated by the president’s “selfie” photo with the sexy Danish prime minister at Nelson Mandela’s memorial service last December, sources say Michelle was further outraged when she learned the Secret Service had been covering up the president’s cheating.
TheIndependentMa jority

Elyria, OH

#1120850 Apr 18, 2014
flack wrote:
WATCH: What Does Jay Carney Say About Obama’s Transparency? Get Ready to Laugh
April 17, 2014 By Jennifer Burke
Jay-Carney
Obama’s Attorney General of the Department of Justice, Eric Holder, has been held in contempt of Congress for not providing evidence related to the botched gun running scandal Fast and Furious. Obama’s IRS official Lois Lerner pled the Fifth Amendment, after giving an opening statement, refusing to answer questions about the Obama IRS targeting and harassment of Tea Party and other conservative groups.
Many members of Obama’s administration, including the president himself, lied about the attacks at Benghazi, blaming them over and over again on a little seen YouTube video. Obama’s former Secretary of State, Hillary Clinton, had the response of “What difference does it make” during a Congressional hearing about these lies. The Obama administration has refused to call the 2012 shooting at Fort Hood by Muslim Nidal Malik Hassan a terrorist attack, instead calling it ‘workplace violence.’ He even accepted a transparency award behind closed doors with no reporters allowed! The list goes on.
But, despite the reality that demonstrates Barack Obama’s penchant for lying and withholding information, and those around him doing the same to protect him, Obama Pro-Soviet Press Secretary Jay Carney still claims that the Obama administration is the most transparent in history.
WATCH:
Carney shave that commie looking stubble of he face yet?

Hillary gonna have a grandbaby...good for her! Way better than the playpen full of whiney worms she's dealt with for the past umpteen years!

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#1120851 Apr 18, 2014
The first lady has already met with divorce lawyers and is planning a separate life after her husband leaves the White House.

“Obama’s advisers told him he must try and keep Michelle ‘under control’ until then,” divulged the D.C. insider.

“They explained that if Michelle walked out while he was still in office, the impact on his presiden­tial legacy would be catastrophic.”

And Michelle isn’t doing him any favors by traveling like a queen.

Besides the family’s annual Au­gust vacation on ritzy Martha’s Vineyard and Christmas holiday in Hawaii, Michelle jetted off to Mexico and Spain in 2010, and kicked up her heels at a posh ski resort in Vail, Colo., in 2011.

In March 2011, she spent five days in Latin America with her mother and daughters. Three months later, they were joined by Michelle’s niece and nephew for a safari in South Africa.

In June 2013, the first lady spent two days in Ireland. That trip re­quired booking 30 rooms at an exclusive hotel for her staff and security detail, costing taxpayers a reported $5 million.

According to one published re­port:“The president’s pricey travels have become so controversial that ‘Judicial Watch’ was forced to sue the Secret Service and Defense De­partment to get them to turn over records on the amount of taxpayer money used to fly the first family all over the world…”

But Michelle couldn’t care less, said the D.C. insider.

“It’s clear to everyone at the White House that Barack has completely lost control of his wife,” said the source.

“Michelle does whatever she wants and goes wherever she wants. It’s as if she’s tacked up a map of the world and put pins on all the places she wants to visit. The sad part is that taxpayers are paying for her bucket list.”

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1120852 Apr 18, 2014
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Lucky PR break for Reagan huh?
Luck had nothing to do with it.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1120853 Apr 18, 2014
We can make you eat broccoli....

so why not...

'Should We Force People to Save for Retirement?'

http://www.bloombergview.com/articles/2014-04...

is this the STEVE RATTNER that worked for Pres Obama?

https://www.google.com/search...
TheIndependentMa jority

Elyria, OH

#1120854 Apr 18, 2014
flack wrote:
Remember this during pool season - Fill container with vinegar, sugar and salt to trap wasps... Ill be placing these around the yard this year! Share this! You're friends will thank you EDIT : I've been testing it more, I would try a 1 cup depending on the size of your bowl. Then, I would add about 1/4 of everything else. It will smell like vinegar, but I think it keeps the bugs away a lot better!
Five gallon of Ortho bug barrier spray at yew local Lowes...and a double pack of instant zap it right on 'em flying critter hoser for those instant moments!

And mothballs Flack...yew forgot mothballs (sposed to take care of things that slither...like ghost lol)
No Surprize

Largo, FL

#1120855 Apr 18, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice little programmed chimp, Americans are getting past all of your lies and assaults and now millions that didn't have health care are now insured, as always anything good for Americans Republicans are against.
You can tell more about ghost by what his teabagging ass says about others than you can by what others say about his old f*ck dumbass...

It's the culture...

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#1120856 Apr 18, 2014
Must be a libtard talking points meeting this morning. Corporal Captain Ghostie wasn't invited.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1120857 Apr 18, 2014
flack wrote:
Zip Lock Baggies..........who knew?
We went with friends to a restaurant on Sunday for lunch and sat in the patio section beside the store. We happened to notice zip lock baggies pinned to a post and a wall. The bags were half filled with ...water, each contained 4 pennies, and they were zipped shut. Naturally we were curious! The owner told us that these baggies kept the flies away! So naturally we were even more curious! We actually watched some flies come in the open window, stand around on the window sill, and then fly out again. And there were no flies in the eating area! This morning I checked this out on Google.
Below are comments on this fly control idea. I'm now a believer!
Zip-lock water bags:#1 Says: I tried the zip lock bag and pennies this weekend. I have a horse trailer. The flies were bad while I was camping. I put the baggies with pennies above the door of the LQ. NOT ONE FLY came in the trailer.The horse trailer part had many. Not sure why it works but it does!
#2 Says:Fill a zip lock bag with water and 5 or 6 pennies and hang it in the problem area. In my case it was a particular window in my home. It had a slight passage way for insects. Every since I have done that, it has kept flies and wasps away. Some say that wasps and flies mistake the bag for some other insect nest and are threatened.
#3 Says:I swear by the plastic bag of water trick. I have them on porch and basement. We saw these in Northeast Mo. at an Amish grocery store& have used them since. They say it works because a fly sees a reflection& won't come around.
#4 Says:Regarding the science behind zip log bags of water? My research found that the millions of molecules of water presents its own prism effect and given that flies have a lot of eyes, to them it's like a zillion disco balls reflecting light, colors and movement in a dizzying manner. When you figure that flies are prey for many other bugs, animals, birds, etc., they simply won't take the risk of being around that much perceived action. I moved to a rural area and thought these "hillbillies" were just yanking my city boy chain but I tried it and it worked immediately! We went from hundreds of flies to seeing the occasional one, but he didn't hang around long.
Ghost should hang one from his forehead.

His mouth attracts lots of flies..
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1120858 Apr 18, 2014
the INCLUSIVE, open mind of science...

'Al Gore Calls GLobal Warming Skeptics "Immoral, Unethical and Despicable"

http://weaselzippers.us/183066-al-gore-calls-...

A politician lecturing the citizens on ethics....
Red Lobster

Palm Coast, FL

#1120859 Apr 18, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
"lies"? While banned from Red Lobster, did you say, "lies"?... LOL ... Barack Hussein Obama: "Lie of the Year" ... LOL

Since: Jul 08

We will not go gentle

#1120860 Apr 18, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
I like how people who have gone to a therapist a few times now consider themselves capable of psychoanalyzing on a message board. You tread were professionals would not go.
"You tread WERE professionals would not go." What a self-congratulating, sanctimonious, moran!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 6 min Jacques in Orlean... 222,610
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 42 min SweLL GirL 9,389
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 1 hr Red_Forman 1,939
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 2 hr Red_Forman 3,041
last post wins! (Dec '10) 2 hr Red_Forman 2,426
Marxiosocialist Double Speak 4 hr Jerkt toff 15
here we go - now i suppose we will see full cou... 5 hr !!! 2

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages