Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

“I be me, and you are...”

Since: Dec 06

in a city...

#1119081 Apr 16, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
My post has two central points:
1.) Progressives are hypocrites in their depiction of religion - Christianity specifically - as being a societal problem instead of a contributing solution. And then they call on the name of God to shame taxpayers into coughing up more money into their pockets for the "poor".
2.) Their loud use of "helping the poor" is despicable because it is but a tool to gain political power and nothing else. Like a Used Car Salesman telling people that buying his cars will feed the homeless and the hungry.
I am not at all a religious person. Don't go to church and don't talk about fire & brimstone and I don't thump the Bible. But I do recognize truth when I see it. A lot of the time, anyways. Liberals are mentioned in the Bible quite often as someone to avoid.
Matthew 6:4
1"Be careful not to practice your righteousness in front of people, to be seen by them. Otherwise, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven.
2 So whenever you give to the poor, don't sound a trumpet before you, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, to be applauded by people. I assure you: They've got their reward!
3 But when you give to the poor, don't let your left hand know what your right hand is doing,
4 so that your giving may be in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you.
Luke 11:1-4
5 Whenever you pray, you must not be like the hypocrites, because they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by people. I assure you: They've got their reward!
6 But you, when you pray, go into your inner room, close your door and pray to your Father who is in secret, and your Father who sees what is done in secret will reward you.…
7 When you pray, don't babble like the idolaters, since they imagine they'll be heard for their many words.
8 Don't be like them, because your Father knows the things you need before you ask Him.
Charity begins at home and not at the DNC TV Broadcasts across Liberal Media outlets.
Hey Shin,
My eyes are tired and to the first paragraph I can only say I don't think it is the Christian as much as the Government really needs to seek in funds as much as there is out there and it seems as though Givernment is losing money State funded to what ought to be such as Parks School Programs all of Social Productivity which in turn will or call it send out Productive People...Which in turn transform activity toward more Productivity...

What a Church does for Church is all pretty much Private. Colleges, Camps, sure they provide State funded schools these days with much earned money kept to self?

I have already explained myself about much of it...My Papa gave me what I needed always...by the way...
I don't pray I wish if anything I seldom ask and to the outer Spirit I talk to...Just as if they he it and to me a she figure
Many people have many things to say...
Oh what is doen in serecee what? Where there are more amongst he will also hear...

To what is in an inner place is creative ways to solve resolve and in knowledge it is to grow ...

That is just how it goes to what one wants to do in one's own private space should be watched by GRACE and to what is to Glorify is that what one wishes not be shared ...

So in the great beyond and onward light will be shed and words of regret spoken in an open much favorably so....

And V be with you...

in a city...

#1119082 Apr 16, 2014
Or Y be with you?

Which ever seems more peaceful...

People generally like people respect them and as far as cure in the Branch of there's much to speak about...

in a city...

#1119083 Apr 16, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
What is a cannibal’s favorite food?
Baked Beings.
~~~~~~~~~~
Two cannibals were having their dinner. One said to the other “I don’t like your friend.” The other one said,“Well, put him to one side and just eat the vegetables.”
It was a he to be eaten?
Did they ask him if he wanted something to eat too?
So who where they eating?
Eleanor Beaver

East Hartford, CT

#1119084 Apr 16, 2014
Panza wrote:
Obama is half white and let me say a word to these black professors of genetics here...
Does the head of state resemble anything from africa?
I mean his father is as black as tar.
He is stupidest president in all of creation.
National debt is raising and the stupid stupid man is introducing communist ideas.
Come on people! You help the poor when you got money.
The majority of people who voted for Obama were motivated by 3 stupid reasons.

1. He's black.

2. He's ¨cool.¨

3. He's black.

in a city...

#1119085 Apr 16, 2014
Fried Lobesters...

in a city...

#1119086 Apr 16, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
What is a cannibal’s favorite food?
Baked Beings.
~~~~~~~~~~
Two cannibals were having their dinner. One said to the other “I don’t like your friend.” The other one said,“Well, put him to one side and just eat the vegetables.”
I wonder what would happen if you aggravate the TV much, would it explode?

Ok Night I think I will watch it and let myself be educated...

in a city...

#1119087 Apr 16, 2014
Yeah wow to not ever say a thing one would have had to know such things to know HU...I mean as far as after baptism being supposedly in the realm of a GOD ONE of ONE CHURCH...so not having had read the scripts and not really Addressing I guess maybe the same GOD?

Maybe some have a right to speak out why else have we kept voice and to what would it apply anyway I mean what of need to a People to Voice out anything?
Eleanor Beaver

East Hartford, CT

#1119088 Apr 16, 2014
Tinka wrote:
Or Y be with you?
Which ever seems more peaceful...
People generally like people respect them and as far as cure in the Branch of there's much to speak about...
Synthetic LSD or 'shrooms?

Or is weed really that good these days?

in a city...

#1119089 Apr 16, 2014
Eleanor Beaver wrote:
<quoted text>
Synthetic LSD or 'shrooms?
Or is weed really that good these days?
REal what's new in the ground?

Not sure I miss some of that hash I had back home and I liked real skunk weed...

in a city...

#1119090 Apr 16, 2014
Eleanor Beaver wrote:
<quoted text>
The majority of people who voted for Obama were motivated by 3 stupid reasons.
1. He's black.
2. He's ¨cool.¨
3. He's black.
ok!!!

in a city...

#1119091 Apr 16, 2014
Krach is what...Watt is Krach es ist laut und du bist wo drueben ?

Mach mal selber was ...

Domestics not travelin...

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

#1119092 Apr 16, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Especially someone from CA -USA since- smugly saying if you don't want it in your back yard-move. She knows CA will benefit from these farms. I say if you want cheap electricity put it in your own back yard.
If you want cheap electricy, then keep the pollution from generating it with coal in YOUR back yard.

The idea of solar is not that it is cheap.

Its because it is clean & renewable.

The sun rains down enough energy in the noontime hour than the plant uses in a year.

Only a stupid f*ck like you would ignore it.

My God you people are dumber than sh*t.
Grey Ghost

Berryville, VA

#1119093 Apr 16, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
You busted him?
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHA......
You also won the Pulitzer for Best Bullshit of 2014
Now if there were a prize for being stupid...Even though the competition amongst baggers is very hard to tell the difference between plain stupid like you and the plain dumb like carol and Eed. I would have to vote you the winner as you exemplify both while showing signs of being proud of that achievement. By the way I have busted a few of you baggers for lying about their military service...It's amazing how many of you war mongers have avoided serving although you have never seen a war that you didn't support. Just so long as it's another mothers son or daughter doing the dying. Bush-Cheney belong in Leavenworth...Look it up stupid.
Nostrilis Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1119094 Apr 16, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
If you want cheap electricy, then keep the pollution from generating it with coal in YOUR back yard.
The idea of solar is not that it is cheap.
Its because it is clean & renewable.
The sun rains down enough energy in the noontime hour than the plant uses in a year.
Only a stupid f*ck like you would ignore it.
My God you people are dumber than sh*t.
The angry liberal is awake. Calling people names and using four letter words on a public forum in his first post for the day.

Aren't Democrats fun! All class!
Nostrilis Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1119095 Apr 16, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Now if there were a prize for being stupid...Even though the competition amongst baggers is very hard to tell the difference between plain stupid like you and the plain dumb like carol and Eed. I would have to vote you the winner as you exemplify both while showing signs of being proud of that achievement. By the way I have busted a few of you baggers for lying about their military service...It's amazing how many of you war mongers have avoided serving although you have never seen a war that you didn't support. Just so long as it's another mothers son or daughter doing the dying. Bush-Cheney belong in Leavenworth...Look it up stupid.
More name calling on the first post. Another classy Democrat also demonstrating his tolerance and hypocrisy.

Isn't fascism fun! Jail and war for all they hate!
PDUPONT

Belchertown, MA

#1119097 Apr 16, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop calling fellow Americans who simply don't support a radical liberal agenda racists when your side has a distinct history of racism and has no room to talk.
Not that unreasonable a request.
Used to smoke. Not anymore.
Once again Carol, you're engaging in one dimensional thinking. Party labels are irrelevant in the discussion of liberal and conservative values. The Southern Democrats were the conservatives fighting to maintain the status quo of racial discrimination and Jim Crow. They were definitely not "our side". Our side was represented by more progressive voices like Hubert Humphrey who brought civil rights to the fore in the 1948 Democratic convention earning the ire of his Southern colleagues. It was your Republican party that chose to use this division to their advantage with Nixon's "Southern Strategy" and as a consequence made themselves the party of "state's rights" which espoused segregation and violations of the rights of minorities.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#1119098 Apr 16, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
More name calling on the first post. Another classy Democrat also demonstrating his tolerance and hypocrisy.
Isn't fascism fun! Jail and war for all they hate!
Can't decide if this dumbass post is best classified as hypocrisy or just clueless.

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

#1119099 Apr 16, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Really?
Yes, you made incorrect assumption after incorrect assumption & now deny it.

Your buddy Forks posted examples of falsified studies.

I never denied those studies were not falsified.

I never said there are no scientists who put out false theories.

I said these examples do not disprove science in general and do not mean that the science of MMGW is false.

Your claim was that these examples mean the science can't be trusted even though studies & theories are peer reviewed.

Then you claimed the "peers" can't be trusted ignoring the idea that if other scientists in a field are the only ones that have the knowledge to do the review.

You & your ilk seem to think that "reviews" by fossil fuel paid scientists & reviews by politicians outweigh the review by the majority of climate scientists.

This is why you are dumber than sh*t

Grey Ghost

Berryville, VA

#1119100 Apr 16, 2014
Eleanor Beaver wrote:
<quoted text>
Ghost's 'I have thousands of friends' claim ranks right up there with some of Topix' tallest tales.
I realize just how difficult that it is to believe for an obvious loser and woman hater like your sarcastic smug personality deprived life really is. I always find it very revealing your distaste for women is something that you seem incapable of hiding, yet you are oblivious of that major short coming. I also realize that helping others never enters your self serving small mind...So just to give you something to belittle, allow me....

For Christmas I was instrumental in helping over 2000 children have a happy one by waking up on Christmas morn with a tree with something under it. I would hope that all could feel the joy of a beautiful happy child grinning from ear to ear... For Easter we will be helping about the same have a happy Easter. There will always be the impoverished in our society, I never ask their circumstance because the children have no say in that matter. There is absolutely no excuse in a country as rich as ours that anyone should go to bed hungry especially the elderly and the children.

Daily we are becoming a nation of the very rich and the very poor with little in between, thanks in large part to the Bush administration. Most on the right have decided to go with the very rich and their reasons are simple, they have the power to put any idiot into office and that is your parties primary motive along with their base is far easier to motivate as they use the very same tried and true ploys every year...Guns, God and Gays, once that is ingrained in the mostly elderly crowd they insert their three "Fs" fabricate, fear and fanaticism. And just for good measure they belittle certain segments of our society as lazy and unwilling to work and always a drain on the working class. While they Collect the most vulnerable in our society as the power of self thinking is relinquished along with their willingness to believe all of the above is proven on here daily.

I know both parties have the same goals as far as power goes but without a doubt the Democrats are far more for the average American, the poor and the working class, women in general and the elderly. I'm betting that the vast majority of Republicans on here now are collecting from the labors of the Democrats.
Grey Ghost

Berryville, VA

#1119101 Apr 16, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
The angry liberal is awake. Calling people names and using four letter words on a public forum in his first post for the day.
Aren't Democrats fun! All class!
But doofus, you feel the need to respond, have you no self control...Of course not, you are just another dumb puppet. BWAAAA

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 7 min KiMerde 50,644
amy 1-25 14 min Pippa l 2
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 22 min Beavis 179,463
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 37 min JOEL 70,104
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr PEllen 98,504
abby 10-25 1 hr PEllen 1
Man fatally stabbed, 8 other people shot in Thu... 1 hr reality is a crutch 1
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance