Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1394439 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Jul 08

We will not go gentle

#1119477 Apr 16, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
What states had there housing bubbles burst?
All 50 states?
"What states had THERE housing bubble"??? BAWAWAWAWAWAWAWAWAWA

Since: Mar 14

Orlando, FL

#1119481 Apr 16, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
The economy failed after nearly 12 consecutive years of Republican Congresses & nearly 7 years of the Bush Presidency.
Both sides are guilty of dropping the ball along the way and this simply isn't true.

But if you're one of those who are quick to give Clinton all the credit for creating a good economy, Republicans controlled Congress the last six of his eight years.

So you can't have it both ways.
Eleanor Beaver

United States

#1119482 Apr 16, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you added that last sentence, lil lying jagoff!
A simple article search will prove you're the ignorant fcktard we all know you to be.

Heh heh heh...

“BET DAP”

Since: Feb 09

GOOM BOWN

#1119484 Apr 16, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Decided to log in, disgraced tea bag Pusscccee?
Lol
lol....yeah, you're good for an after lunch laugh....if nothing else, paco.

did you miss me? you do obsess over me so much....

lol

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#1119485 Apr 16, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
There seems to be a 31st MAU.
https://www.mca-marines.org/gazette/1980/08/3...
I may have missed something, but Sarge was always a nickname. We called our First Sergeant Top. That may be a cavalry tradition though.
You are correct. There was a change in mission when the name was changed from MAU to MEU. Not a huge change, but significant. And, First Sergeants are called "Top" in the Marines, too.
I usually ignore that buffoon. Sometimes, it's just too easy to bonk him on the head, though.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1119487 Apr 16, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
poor White Man. no one loves him any more.
and despite having no one but Himself to blame, He has now dedicated a thousand websites, and one not so major 'news' channel, to voicing His outrage at being subjected to His own treatment. what a bunch of whiny bitches you are. get over yourself already. quite evidently everyone else has.
Your slow incremental self-exposure is growing by leaps and bounds now.
The closet racist is now foaming at the mouth and swinging blind.
It's been a long time coming but the pig are coming home to roost:->

Adam 36

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#1119488 Apr 16, 2014
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Obama's Stimulus put out Bush's housing market collapse fire.
We've been rebuilding this nation ever since with zero assistance from rightwingers who are insistent in holding the country down and do not want an economic recovery as long as they are not in power.
It's tough to have a full recovery when 1/2 the population is sitting on the sideliines for the last 6 years. Stubborn aholes.
You really still think there are such things as shovel ready jobs?

Lapeer, MI

#1119492 Apr 16, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
You are intimidated by women huh, are you related to Gunner? Or are you roomies?
I am, of course, intimidated by women with sewer pipe arms and butts big enough to fill a front-loader bucket. But are they *REALLY* women?

Ghost will go find out for us, right?

You *DO* remember Human Anatomy 101, hey buddy?

Since: Jan 11

Hackettstown, NJ

#1119493 Apr 16, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
31st MAU, moron. Check when the name was changed.
... treasonous fraud.))))))
Sincerely,
Sarge, USMC, 31st MAU
))))))))
Ya might want to let Leo in on it too.:-)

Lapeer, MI

#1119495 Apr 16, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
A long thought to be extinct Florida Goff's Pocket Gopher has been discovered in the area of Boca Raton, Florida. In an effort to save this very rare animal and its habitat, the federal government has initiated eminent domain proceedings. Everything must be done to save the gopher starting with moving humans from the area, says a federal spokesman. A resident of the area, known only as Lily, shouts, " this is like living in Russia!".
With Putin's Go-fer living in the White House, maybe this *IS* like living in Russia, eh?
Grey Ghosts Colostomy Bag

Huntington Beach, CA

#1119497 Apr 16, 2014
Dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Care to elaborate?
Swamp Donkey
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1119498 Apr 16, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't believe that you are still lying about this.
If there was effective oversight, the Director of OFHEO would not have discovered Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac were keeping fraudulent books to hide the CRA disaster that was evident as early as 2003 when the Democrats agreed to support the war in Iraq in exchange for the Republicans giving them no effective oversight of the Democrats' Marxist CRA program that collapsed our economy after two years of oversight by Democrats Dodd and Frank, from whom we heard a constant stream of lies right up to the collapse.
If there was effective oversight, there would have been significant constraints placed on the mortgage underwriters of CRA loans after it was discovered they were keeping fraudulent books to hide the CRA disaster.
The Republicans ignore the evidence of fraud to hide the CRA disaster, and the Democrats support the war in Iraq.
Kind of hard to not connect those dots, isn't it?
lol! Well son, since you're lying it would appear that way, wouldn't it?
Dem

Chicago, IL

#1119500 Apr 16, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree, disgraced Pusscceee. Only a fkn imbecile like yourself wouldn't notice.
Mom just told me it's not fair to pick on you special needs people and I agree. You have a real good life, ok. And always remember this is the only life you have.

Bye.

Lapeer, MI

#1119501 Apr 16, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Enjoy your time with your mother while you can. When she is gone, those "forever memories" will make you smile. I was lucky. My mother lived until she was 99.
Apparently, she lived long enough to have regretted ever having you. Too bad.

Since: Jan 11

Hackettstown, NJ

#1119504 Apr 16, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
You are correct. There was a change in mission when the name was changed from MAU to MEU. Not a huge change, but significant. And, First Sergeants are called "Top" in the Marines, too.
I usually ignore that buffoon. Sometimes, it's just too easy to bonk him on the head, though.
Having been attached to the 3rd Marines in Dong Ha for a while, let me give you a Semper Fi.
:-)
Grey Ghosts Colostomy Bag

Huntington Beach, CA

#1119505 Apr 16, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Proving to everyone that you are a fkn idiot on numerous fronts isn't necessary.
Time to change the Gaay Ghosts Colostomy Bag,ma`am.He likes it when you lick around the hole to clean it up a bit,you learned that trick with obama in the bath house.Pffft Pffftttt,Plop,squirt,plop,Pftt tt. Oh God, Oh dem, im cooommming

We will not go gentle

#1119506 Apr 16, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Your slow incremental self-exposure is growing by leaps and bounds now.
The closet racist is now foaming at the mouth and swinging blind.
It's been a long time coming but the pig are coming home to roost:->
"the pig ARE coming, the pig ARE coming." God, you're a mess in three or so acts.

Lapeer, MI

#1119508 Apr 16, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Amen!!
The crazy is piling up fast in here today.
Once again, you get to hide in the herd!

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#1119510 Apr 16, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm getting really tired of setting you straight. The state did not "cede anything". The land was once Mexican land, and was won by the United States after the Mexican-American War. Long before Bundy's ancestors started ranching. The "state of Nevada" never had any jurisdiction over it. NEVER.
So, according to your logic, the federal government owns everything in all the states of the Louisiana Purchase, and also owns the Las Vegas strip, too, right?
If the federal government owns all the land in Nevada because of an agreement signed with Mexico in 1848, the Nevada isn't a state. It's still a territory.
Territories don't have representation in the US Senate, and Harry Reid is illegally and unconstitutionally holding a seat in the Senate. Or, the agreement signed by the STATE of Nevada and the federal government in 1864 defined who owns what in the STATE of Nevada.
I'm no constitutional lawyer like (laugh laugh cough cough laugh laugh) Barack Obama, but it seems to me that, if you have a contract signed with a foreign country in 1848 and a contract signed with a STATE in 1864, the contract signed in 1864 would be the binding contract.
Now, where is that text in the consitution of the STATE of Nevada that defines ownership of land within the STATE of Nevada? What did it say? Didn't it say NON-APPROPRIATED land within the state would belong to the federal government?
The land in question has been appropriated by the state of Nevada and also by Clark County for grazing for over a hundred years. Therefore, the federal government doesn't own it.... according to the constitution of the STATE of Nevada, that is.

So, tell us:
When did the government pay "just compensation"?
How much did the federal government pay?
Whom did they pay?

But, I've got a solution that will avoid starting a civil war, if you're interested.
Sell the land to Cliven Bundy. The government gets money, and Bundy gets the land. It's a win-win deal..... that is, unless there's some other issue the government has.
So, what would be that other issue? What does the government really want the land for?

Oh, yeah. When Obama doesn't need that paramilitary army he sent to Nevada there anymore, he can deploy them to the border we're being invaded across.

We will not go gentle

#1119511 Apr 16, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya might want to let Leo in on it too.:-)
Sorry, Loser, but that doesn't work out well for those of us that know what a liar Damnably Bad is. You'd need to change it the other way around or just continue as part of the cover up.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 7 min Buster Steinbeizer 216,468
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Brian_G 60,012
Chicago has the Worst Women 4 hr Bye Bye 8
AG Lynch proves to be a deceptive liar. 5 hr They cannot kill ... 2
last post wins! (Dec '10) 5 hr They cannot kill ... 2,126
the larry meber political forum (Jun '11) 6 hr A Noted Observer 48
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 6 hr TRD 70,698
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 11 hr AngryLeak 102,441
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages