Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1783543 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1120266 Apr 17, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Ever seen a van meet a Peterbuilt?
Size matters.
so riding bikes is right out, eh? yet they still seem popular...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1120267 Apr 17, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
'The micro car, the smallest car for sale in the U.S. market, offers a good level of safety, according to new crash tests conducted by the insurance industry.'
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/smart-car-is-safe...
"The tests, released Wednesday, show how well vehicles stack up against others of similar size and weight. The institute noted that the front-end test scores can't be compared across weight classes, meaning a small car that earns a good rating isn't considered safer than a large car that did not earn the highest rating."

these toy cars are death traps.....

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

Since: Dec 06

KREUZBERG...

#1120268 Apr 17, 2014
Only out of books and books should be kept and treated as they are a a world of discoveries...

Much is still and the WISE WORD OF PALIN and how you know damn who was stumped...

Books and off the shelves...

That woman is a bit insane freaky no matter what a cause to them it was books are and should always be the thing to look upon and in finding something ...

Next page or next chapter to how it varies too to read of what is a same and see or sometimes you find a difference..

Italics and how in writing a snail mail attempt to create?

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

KREUZBERG...

#1120269 Apr 17, 2014
Yeha yep they seem it to me too...
No Surprize

Largo, FL

#1120271 Apr 17, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>amazingly stupid statement..
not surprised you can't see that...
amazingly stupid woodtick?? LOL... No, the deaf, dumb, and blind can't see these things, and apparently you can't either retard.

It's the culture...
Eleanor Beaver

United States

#1120272 Apr 17, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
so, like, when are you nutjobs going to stop whining about the Conservative inability to dupe the majority?
Dupe the majority.

Refreshing to see someone nail left wing tactics. Is that why you're ilk is so keen to keep pumping retards out of the urban public school factory?
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1120273 Apr 17, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
lefties are willing to die to protect the environment....
Reich wingers are willing to kill to rape it....

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#1120274 Apr 17, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Mindless gibberish.
Could you please list what it is you believe in as a liberal or liberal/conservative or whatever it is you ascribe yourself to be then?

The poster, Adam, did a very good job listing what conservatives believe.

I'm anxious to read what liberals believe.
No Surprize

Largo, FL

#1120275 Apr 17, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>And the Chevy Spark has 13 airbags__and if my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle.
You're the teabagger homsexual who sister is expecting a baby, and you don't know whether you're going to be an uncle or an aunt you dumbass?

It's the culture...
Eleanor Beaver

United States

#1120276 Apr 17, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
"The tests, released Wednesday, show how well vehicles stack up against others of similar size and weight. The institute noted that the front-end test scores can't be compared across weight classes, meaning a small car that earns a good rating isn't considered safer than a large car that did not earn the highest rating."
these toy cars are death traps.....
Still can't help laughing when I see a couple of tree hugging twits crammed into a ¨smart¨ car.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1120277 Apr 17, 2014
Speaking of killing and raping....

"NC governor proposes new coal ash plan after spill
NC governor McCrory to propose new legislation after massive coal ash spill into Dan River
Associated Press
By Michael Biesecker and Gary d. Robertson, Associated Press 3 hours ago

RALEIGH, N.C.(AP)-- North Carolina's governor says he will propose new legislation aimed at strengthening government oversight of coal ash dumps following the massive spill at a Duke Energy plant that coated 70 miles of the Dan River in toxic sludge.

Gov. Pat McCrory said Wednesday that his plan would result in the "conversion or closure" of the dumps and close legal loopholes that allowed the nation's largest electricity company to avoid cleaning up groundwater contamination leaching from unlined ash pits at 14 coal-fired power plants across the state.

But environmental groups quickly criticized the governor's plan, which would not require Duke to move its leaky coal ash dumps away from rivers and lakes.

McCrory declined to discuss key details about his proposal at an event in Raleigh on Wednesday, but called it "innovative" and "aggressive." The governor said his plan would address an issue unresolved for decades...."

Location hidden

#1120278 Apr 17, 2014
Obama emphasized to the American people and Congress in one of his first State of the Union addresses that his namesake health care reform wouldn't cost "one thin dime" repeating it several times like he kept repeating, "If you like your health care plan, you can keep your health care plan. Period."

But the CBO says ObamaCare will cost taxpayers almost 2 trillion over the next ten years.

That's more than "one thin dime".

Who can explain this discrepancy please?

St. Croix valley

#1120280 Apr 17, 2014
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>Yet woodtick promotes the demise of the family, killing common sense, a loss of traditional family values, a welfare state that holds the poor in mediocrity, an allegiance to the demokRatic party that promulgates the welfare state for families yet which, 50 years ago, was for segregation and FDR Jim Crow you dumbass..
It's the culture....
when have i promoted those things/
you seem to be all about promoting lies and bullshit..

but then that is ancient knowledge about you...

why do you lie so much? is it your lack of any culture?

Location hidden

#1120282 Apr 17, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Reminds me of a story my cop buddy told me. They arrested some guy for a misdemeanor drunk in public. The guy had never been arrested before in his life. They put him in the cell where he proceeds to take the zipper from his jacket and start scraping the paint off the wall. My buddy asks him 'what the fk are you doing?" The dumb guy says I own this police station and can do whatever I want. Lol
He got a felony charge of destroying property for his trouble. He then parlayed that into a fight with a guard in the lock up.
All in one day he got two felony charges and the misdemeanor. Also a 100k bail.
He showed them how he owned the police station.
You'd be as stupid.
Do you have the ability to put in writing what liberals believe?

I'm just asking all liberals.

St. Croix valley

#1120283 Apr 17, 2014
Eleanor Beaver wrote:
<quoted text>
Still can't help laughing when I see a couple of tree hugging twits crammed into a ¨smart¨ car.
why? does someone making a sound economic choice make you feel stupid so you are laughing at yourself?

i laugh at you all the time...so do others...and they point while doing it!
Eleanor Beaver

United States

#1120285 Apr 17, 2014
Poor Pocahontas

If there was one takeaway from her 2012 Senate race for Warren, it was that the campaign trail turned out to be more brutal than she could ever have expected. Republicans questioned her integrity, her family members were dragged through the mud and her opponent mocked her appearance in a radio interview.

“What really threw me, though, were the constant attacks from the other side,” she writes about the 2012 Senate campaign.“I would almost persuade myself that I was starting to get the hang of full-throttle campaigning and then — bam! Out of left field, the state Republican Party, or the Brown campaign, or some blogger, would launch a rocket at me.”
Perhaps the most hurtful and high-profile attack thrown against Warren by Brown had to do with her heritage.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2014/04/elizabe...

Tsk, tsk, tsk.

Wanna bet this lying, hypocritical POS enjoyed every minute of abuse 'launched' at Sarah Palin?

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

KREUZBERG...

#1120287 Apr 17, 2014
Hine Side

for thse that understand language...

Something from old school country?

Man

Since: Jul 08

We will not go gentle

#1120288 Apr 17, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>big talk for a helpless little liggy.
sorry, dude, i have a life outside topix. at times i'm not at the keyboard.....it has nothing to do with running away. BUT....you really already know that, right?
"liggy"??? God, I haven't seen that one since Cav was in one of his many, varied, and unpleasant incarnations. Could it be?

Since: Jan 11

Hackettstown, NJ

#1120289 Apr 17, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Reminds me of a story my cop buddy told me. They arrested some guy for a misdemeanor drunk in public. The guy had never been arrested before in his life. They put him in the cell where he proceeds to take the zipper from his jacket and start scraping the paint off the wall. My buddy asks him 'what the fk are you doing?" The dumb guy says I own this police station and can do whatever I want. Lol
He got a felony charge of destroying property for his trouble. He then parlayed that into a fight with a guard in the lock up.
All in one day he got two felony charges and the misdemeanor. Also a 100k bail.
He showed them how he owned the police station.
You'd be as stupid.
Another "my friend" story. It was you, wasn't it? C'mon, fest up.

St. Croix valley

#1120290 Apr 17, 2014
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>amazingly stupid woodtick?? LOL... No, the deaf, dumb, and blind can't see these things, and apparently you can't either retard.
It's the culture...
why is it you can never back up any of your thoughts with any facts?it because the entire world and reality disagrees with what you are parroting...

or is it, once again, your total lack of culture.?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Slowik: Blue Island mayor faces intense critici... 20 min Next 108
Trump is A (Oct '17) 4 hr MPMMB 888
last post wins! (Apr '13) 8 hr The real Rudy 2,874
Change one letter in the word (Apr '12) 8 hr The real Rudy 141
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 9 hr Justice Dale 243,599
Lonnie Montgomery 10 hr Smith 1
News Berwyn man charged with impersonating Secretary... 11 hr rico 2

Chicago Jobs

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages