Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1563456 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“BET DAP”

Since: Feb 09

GOOM BOWN

#1119645 Apr 16, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
I looked at your agu site
“The recent release of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change’s (IPCC) Assessment 5, Working Group II report has been viewed by many as a wakeup call. Not only is our climate changing, but the impacts of that change are already occurring and increasing faster than previously thought. This poses a real, direct and immediate threat to human health, the performance and sustainability of our agriculture systems, the availability and reliability of natural resources—including water supplies—the health of ecosystems on land and in the oceans, and the economic stability of nations around the world.
Surprised a noted topix climate scientist like you didn't check their latest report
well....i guess you didn't really know what the "97%" did or didn't agree on if you're just now looking at the site, paco!

the ipcc is, and has been, corrupt for years, chicken little.
read and learn before becoming such a chicken little.
http://data.parliament.uk/writtenevidence/Wri...
No Surprize

Largo, FL

#1119646 Apr 16, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
You dummies think you can just claim land?
What are you a Jew?
Unfortunately you are still a loose/loose Klansman
dem. Skin heads like you dem kiss Hitlers ass...

It's the culture...
dem

Chicago, IL

#1119647 Apr 16, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
don't mind me my colostomy fell off while I was standing on my head. filled my mouth up sorry.
I mean seriously, nostrilfuckface, is this the best you got?
dem

Chicago, IL

#1119648 Apr 16, 2014
Maybe this what you wanted me to see at AGU

That doesn’t mean that it’s too late to address the impacts of climate change, but it does mean that the window for meaningful action is closing. Lessening the negative outcomes will require rapid societal responses that are informed by science and that reflect the perspectives and commitment of all stakeholders, including international, national, regional, and local governments, the business community, industry, scientific researchers, and many others.

The bottom line is this: Climate change is real – the science is clear and the scientific community is in agreement. Its impacts are being felt today in communities and countries around the world ... and those effects touch Fortune 500 companies and families alike. There is much that can be done to mitigate and adapt to the effects of climate change, but without immediate action, they will only continue to worsen. And, while some solutions will require us to make difficult decisions, many of them have the potential to open up innovative new avenues for economic growth and development.

The IPCC report clearly demonstrates that we cannot continue to hit the snooze button when it comes to addressing climate change. From taking steps to reduce the magnitude of climate change, such as substantially cutting emissions, to providing vulnerable communities with the resources they need to adapt and ensuring that policy decisions are informed by credible and up-to-date science, the time for action is now.”

AGU’s Climate Change Position Statement

The American Geophysical Union is dedicated to advancing the Earth and space sciences for the benefit of humanity through its scholarly publications, conferences, and outreach programs. AGU is a not-for-profit, professional, scientific organization representing more than 62,000 members in 144 countries. Join our conversation on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and other social media channels.

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#1119649 Apr 16, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
But what about the turtles, moron? Obama just unleashed a paramilitary unit on a rancher because of those turtles. Don't you still want to save the turtles?
U S Commando-In-Chief Barack Obama did not do anything that President Dwight D. Eisenhower did before him. Remember September 4, 1957 at Central High School, Little Rock, Arkansas.
dem

Chicago, IL

#1119650 Apr 16, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>well....i guess you didn't really know what the "97%" did or didn't agree on if you're just now looking at the site, paco!
Yeah... split some more hairs, imbecile. I think it's you idiots that better get a consensus of which bull sh it theory, or idiot non scientist, you are currently believing over 97% of the worlds leading experts on the subject.
And you have proven to be a complete idiot on the basics of science other than your Koch brother programmed questions. Questions that are ridiculous attempts muddy the water.
Fkn fools. You and everyone like you.
dem

Chicago, IL

#1119651 Apr 16, 2014
I bet if rightuptheasshole tries hard enough he can find some flat earthers still squirming around posting nonsense on the Internet.
dem

Chicago, IL

#1119652 Apr 16, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>well....i guess you didn't really know what the "97%" did or didn't agree on if you're just now looking at the site, paco!
That's your evidence that climate change is a hoax? Lol
That sh it looks like an imbecile like you put it together.
I knew better to engage a moron like you seriously on topic but this is even better than I had imagined. You got nothing, old man.
dem

Chicago, IL

#1119653 Apr 16, 2014
Noted tea bag topix climate expert tells me to go to AGU and they prove my point in one paragraph.
Then he goes on to some other nonsense community college term paper looking crap.

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#1119654 Apr 16, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah... split some more hairs, imbecile. I think it's you idiots that better get a consensus of which bull sh it theory, or idiot non scientist, you are currently believing over 97% of the worlds leading experts on the subject.
And you have proven to be a complete idiot on the basics of science other than your Koch brother programmed questions. Questions that are ridiculous attempts muddy the water.
Fkn fools. You and everyone like you.
they say a .0375% trace gas is causing climate change. of that amount a smaller fraction is man made.

if man made co2 is so dangerous.....why do you still drive a polluting antique corvette? oh, you and people like you, just like to tell everyone else how to live, right, paco?

i prefer not to be taxed for a theory that's never been tested. when an experimental test can show what co2 mitigation will accomplish....i'd be one of the first onboard if it accomplished a quantitative benefit. let the science catch up. don't buy a pig in a poke.

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#1119655 Apr 16, 2014
dem wrote:
I bet if rightuptheasshole tries hard enough he can find some flat earthers still squirming around posting nonsense on the Internet.
your nonsense is more than enough, short skirt.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1119656 Apr 16, 2014
lo!! You see what can be accomplished when the governor and his ex-company work together? They can accomplish so much with their incestuous relationship!

And screw the people in the process without fear of repercussions or problems down the road!

Now this is what a TRUE conservative government would look like!

"Apr. 16, 2014 4:31 PM ET
NC governor proposes new coal ash plan after spill
By MICHAEL BIESECKER and GARY D. ROBERTSON, Associated Press THE ASSOCIATED PRESS STATEMENT OF NEWS VALUES AND PRINCIPLES

Buy AP Photo Reprints

RALEIGH, N.C.(AP)— North Carolina's governor says he will propose new legislation aimed at strengthening government oversight of coal ash dumps following the massive spill at a Duke Energy plant that coated 70 miles of the Dan River in toxic sludge.

Gov. Pat McCrory said Wednesday his plan would result in the "conversion or closure" of the dumps and close legal loopholes that allowed Duke to avoid cleaning up groundwater contamination leaching from its 33 unlined ash pits clustered at 14 coal-fired power plants across the state.

McCrory declined to discuss details about his plan at an event in Raleigh on Wednesday, including whether it would require Duke to clean out its ash pits. He said state environment Secretary John Skvarla would address questions about the details of the plan at a later time.

McCrory called the plan "innovative" and "aggressive" and would address an issue unresolved for decades.

"I'm proud to be the administration that has a plan that we've put forward," McCrory said. "I'm going to let the statement that I released speak for itself and I'm going to let John Skvarla later on — I think today or tomorrow — he'll be giving more details because it's a very detailed plan and a very detailed process."

McCrory also said he will propose adding 19 employees at the N.C. Department of Environment and Natural Resources to ensure dam inspections statewide are done on a more routine basis.

Environmentalists are pushing the state to use what they say is its existing legal authority to require Duke to haul more than 100 million tons of the toxic ash away from waterways to lined landfills licensed to handle hazardous waste.

In a letter to the state last month, Duke CEO Lynn Good said the company would remove the ash from its leaky pits at the Dan River plant and another plant while the company studies options at its remaining sites. Among those options is draining contaminated water from the pits and then covering the remaining ash with soil and giant tarps.

Peter Harrison, a lawyer with the environmental group WaterKeeper Alliance, said the statement McCrory issued Wednesday appears to adopt Duke's position.

"The governor has left plenty of room for Duke to do nothing more than empty the water out of its ash ponds and cover them with dirt," Harrison said. "This approach is unacceptable because it would allow these toxic dumps to continue leaking and poisoning our rivers and groundwater supplies with toxic heavy metals for many years to come."

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1119657 Apr 16, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
Yup there's been climate change since the beginning. lots of people made money on global boys bs companies.
dem

Chicago, IL

#1119658 Apr 16, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>they say a .0375% trace gas is causing climate change. of that amount a smaller fraction is man made.
if man made co2 is so dangerous.....why do you still drive a polluting antique corvette? oh, you and people like you, just like to tell everyone else how to live, right, paco?
i prefer not to be taxed for a theory that's never been tested. when an experimental test can show what co2 mitigation will accomplish....i'd be one of the first onboard if it accomplished a quantitative benefit. let the science catch up. don't buy a pig in a poke.
Who says? Back up your figures!
I never claimed to be a climatologist. And I can certainly can tell your one brain cell doesn't qualify you either. And I don't drive anything that doesn't meet federal/state EPA regulations. So that alone makes you look like a complete fool with little knowledge of how a modern combustible engine works.
So now you got nothing again, azzhole.
And if we had to wait for topix scientists like yo to approve things we'd still be inventing the wheel.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#1119659 Apr 16, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
must be ratings week.....
Sean Hannity Floats Possibility That Federal Government Will Kill Nevada Rancher Cliven Bundy
Hannity Brags About His Role In Escalating Standoff
http://mediamatters.org/video/2014/04/15/sean...
does FOX ever report real news? seems like there's a lot of 'floating' of 'possibilities'.
Fox is Anchorman on steriods, all news is about what baggers want to hear. So tax avioders are heros, Gun nuts are patriots, all Foodstampers are crack heads and Science is a about who wants a hand out. That about covers a baggers wish list.
No Surprize

Largo, FL

#1119660 Apr 16, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>your nonsense is more than enough, short skirt.
dem advertising his pedophilia little boy fetishes is no secret either... Yet dem loves 'NATURE'- in spite of what misplaced and misused gay body parts have created, damaged and done to him..

It's the culture...
dem

Chicago, IL

#1119661 Apr 16, 2014
Wtf , topix scientist, are you googling your fkn answers or what?
dem

Chicago, IL

#1119662 Apr 16, 2014
Calvary is here wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup there's been climate change since the beginning. lots of people made money on global boys bs companies.
Lol!
A chimp rides in on a pig to save "the noted topix scientist" ?
dem

Chicago, IL

#1119663 Apr 16, 2014
Yeah wrote:
lo!! You see what can be accomplished when the governor and his ex-company work together? They can accomplish so much with their incestuous relationship!
And screw the people in the process without fear of repercussions or problems down the road!
Now this is what a TRUE conservative government would look like!
"Apr. 16, 2014 4:31 PM ET
NC governor proposes new coal ash plan after spill
By MICHAEL BIESECKER and GARY D. ROBERTSON, Associated Press THE ASSOCIATED PRESS STATEMENT OF NEWS VALUES AND PRINCIPLES
Buy AP Photo Reprints
RALEIGH, N.C.(AP)— North Carolina's governor says he will propose new legislation aimed at strengthening government oversight of coal ash dumps following the massive spill at a Duke Energy plant that coated 70 miles of the Dan River in toxic sludge.
Gov. Pat McCrory said Wednesday his plan would result in the "conversion or closure" of the dumps and close legal loopholes that allowed Duke to avoid cleaning up groundwater contamination leaching from its 33 unlined ash pits clustered at 14 coal-fired power plants across the state.
McCrory declined to discuss details about his plan at an event in Raleigh on Wednesday, including whether it would require Duke to clean out its ash pits. He said state environment Secretary John Skvarla would address questions about the details of the plan at a later time.
McCrory called the plan "innovative" and "aggressive" and would address an issue unresolved for decades.
"I'm proud to be the administration that has a plan that we've put forward," McCrory said. "I'm going to let the statement that I released speak for itself and I'm going to let John Skvarla later on — I think today or tomorrow — he'll be giving more details because it's a very detailed plan and a very detailed process."
McCrory also said he will propose adding 19 employees at the N.C. Department of Environment and Natural Resources to ensure dam inspections statewide are done on a more routine basis.
Environmentalists are pushing the state to use what they say is its existing legal authority to require Duke to haul more than 100 million tons of the toxic ash away from waterways to lined landfills licensed to handle hazardous waste.
In a letter to the state last month, Duke CEO Lynn Good said the company would remove the ash from its leaky pits at the Dan River plant and another plant while the company studies options at its remaining sites. Among those options is draining contaminated water from the pits and then covering the remaining ash with soil and giant tarps.
Peter Harrison, a lawyer with the environmental group WaterKeeper Alliance, said the statement McCrory issued Wednesday appears to adopt Duke's position.
"The governor has left plenty of room for Duke to do nothing more than empty the water out of its ash ponds and cover them with dirt," Harrison said. "This approach is unacceptable because it would allow these toxic dumps to continue leaking and poisoning our rivers and groundwater supplies with toxic heavy metals for many years to come."
Same kind of people paying for the misinformation that rightuptheasshole is trying to sell.
dem

Chicago, IL

#1119664 Apr 16, 2014
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>dem advertising his pedophilia little boy fetishes is no secret either... Yet dem loves 'NATURE'- in spite of what misplaced and misused gay body parts have created, damaged and done to him..
It's the culture...
He's desperate for a 'friend' right about now but I'm thinking even he might pass on you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Michael Jefferson 1 hr Gooftha Gooftha 2
Bill and Hillary 1 hr Curly 14
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Jacques in Ottawa 242,225
WHO'D have thunk it? 3 hr Art Vandalay 7
Maxwell street ghosts 6 hr LATEX Art 2
Jonny's Towing is Chicagoland's Most Crooked Co... 9 hr Art Mandalay 63
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 11 hr They cannot kill ... 11,008

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages