Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1642584 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1119187 Apr 16, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you please do us all a favor and voluntarily re-enter the institution?
Remember the free meals and ice cream? Go for it!
Welcome to Shinnings world, where stupid is the only order of the day, Are you pissed again because you have been schooled by PDupont? Way over your pointed head huh, crybaby? LMAOAYS. By the way only about 5 % of your posts ever get read dummy.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1119188 Apr 16, 2014
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
HEY STUPID! The land proposed for the solar project is twenty miles away from the grazing site in question.
You're an idiot DB; you always have been and always will be!
Do you chase cars, too?

Be careful out there.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

Gauley Bridge WV

#1119189 Apr 16, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
Jewish Center Shooter: Conservative, Right-Wing, White Supremacist
Frazier Glenn Miller, also known as Frazier Glenn Cross, is the founder and former leader of the Carolina Knights of the Ku Klux Klan and the White Patriot Party. The 73-year-old former Missouri Senate candidate was heard shouting “Heil Hitler” as he was arrested.
http://aattp.org/jewish-center-shooter-conser...

ABOUT JOHN PRAGER
John Prager
John is an unfortunate Liberal soul who lives uncomfortably in the middle of a Conservative hellscape. While he is not a fan of politicians, period, he has developed a deep-seated hatred for the bigotry, fear mongering, and lies of the Right Wing. He also rather enjoys steak. John can be reached at [email protected](dot)com if you have any questions or comments.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1119190 Apr 16, 2014
Gun Control works!!!!

"Chicago: 35 Shooting Victims in 36 Hours Over Weekend"

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/...

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

#1119191 Apr 16, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Hard to have job growth when everybody is working. Something you lefty's seem to want to forget.
So you admit Bush was handed a great economy and he did little to improve it despite doubling the national debt. Instead nearly killed it with his recession that started late 2007.

Since: Jul 08

We will not go gentle

#1119192 Apr 16, 2014
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking of wackos:
David Embree, a religious studies professor, said he asked Miller and two other white supremacists to speak to his class in 2012. During his visit, Miller used offensive slurs to refer to the Jewish students in the class, Embree told BuzzFeed.
“When he came to my class the first thing he did was show a video of himself at a Klan rally 20 or 25 years ago,” Embree said. "Those were the best days of his life."
The classroom lecture had the desired effect. Students were convinced that "white supremacy is a real thing and a dangerous thing," Embree added.
"I asked the class, I said,'What did you think about bringing these people in?'" Embree explained to BuzzFeed. "And they said,'You're absolutely right, if we had not heard these people we wouldn’t believe such hateful people exist.'"
Miller later reflected about that classroom encounter on his blog:
The two extremely ugly kikes, one fat one skinny, did not deny one single charge I made against the jews. Their several questions were incredibly stupid, really. They did remain defiant with frowns the whole time, though. Noses stuck up in the air as if to dare me to do something about jewish attrocities [sic].
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/04/15/kans...
Yeah, you'd think they would have learned something in their wasted lives: you can't defend the indefensible.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#1119193 Apr 16, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Recall those two fat-ass black NY mothers who sued McDonald's for Themaking their kids obese.
They lost but the case speaks volumes about black culture in America.
No fathers were involved, of course. They couldn't find any.
Isn't it ironic, some shister lawyer took their case? Two obese Black mothers, with no fathers in the picture. It's sad that they weren't even taught to cook.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1119194 Apr 16, 2014
insider stock tip of the decade: BUY STOCK IN EUREKA.....

"Vacuuming carbon from the atmosphere may be most realistic solution to climate change"

Read more: http://www.upi.com/Science_News/2014/04/14/Va...
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1119195 Apr 16, 2014
your moral and intellectual superiors....

"Brainless Idiot JOE BIDEN Tells Boston Bombing Survivors “It Was Worth It”

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2014/04/brain...

Lapeer, MI

#1119196 Apr 16, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
It seems the Democrats have a long history of attracting the most dispicable people. It also looks like that hasn't changed.
... why are all the mass murderers who slaughter defenseless people Democrats?... for just one of many questions.
Speaking of mass-murdering Democrats, the Magic Negro kills Wedding Parties with his drones, supports Allah freaks in Syria who use Chemical Weapons and then he goes on to lecture Putin about proper behavior on the world stage.

Now we can talk about mass-murdering hypocritical Democrats, too.

Adam 36

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#1119197 Apr 16, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
So you admit Bush was handed a great economy and he did little to improve it despite doubling the national debt. Instead nearly killed it with his recession that started late 2007.
According to CNN Bush inherited Clinton's recession...

http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-80312

Lapeer, MI

#1119198 Apr 16, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
Jewish Center Shooter: Conservative, Right-Wing, White Supremacist
Frazier Glenn Miller, also known as Frazier Glenn Cross, is the founder and former leader of the Carolina Knights of the Ku Klux Klan and the White Patriot Party. The 73-year-old former Missouri Senate candidate was heard shouting “Heil Hitler” as he was arrested.
http://aattp.org/jewish-center-shooter-conser...
OMG! Will Obamacare help me change my skin color?

Can I volunteer for a fatal review in front of one of his Death Panels?

I can't stand myself any more being born the wrong color on the wrong side of the political aisle.

Help me, sonic!
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1119199 Apr 16, 2014
Never question what a science person tells you...

what is this Assistant Professor really teaching chemistry students?

Falsified data....

Univ of Delaware...

" Clifford R.Robinson, Ph.D., Assistant Professor, Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry,UD.."

'Dr. Robinson falsified circular dichroism and fluorescence
data in NIH grant application 1 R01 GM074789-01 (Figures 5A, 5B, and 6)and circular dichroism data in NIH grant applications 1 R01 GM075891-01 (Figure 6) and 1 R21 GM075953-01 (Figure 5)..."

https://ori.hhs.gov/images/ddblock/ori_annual...
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1119200 Apr 16, 2014

If a WOMAN will cheat while doing AUTISM research, what will AL GORE DO with climate studies?

April Swe, University of Wisconsin-Madison...

'...former graduate student, UWM, engaged in research misconduct by fabricating data on thirty-nine (39) questionnaires of sibling human subjects associated with an autism study.'

Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1119201 Apr 16, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
... treasonous fraud.))))))
Sincerely,
Sarge, USMC, 31st MAU
))))))))
You are such a lying lowlife. Any Sergeant would always post his rank, such as Gunnery Sergeant Master Sergeant, and so on, not just as Sarge. Bascally all you are attempting to do there is infer that spelling Sarge that way covers your earlier lies. Besides it's the 31st MEU not MAU. Again you are trying to imply that you were with the Amphibious unit, but they are covered in the MEU, lying dumb azz. You are a chronic liar.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1119202 Apr 16, 2014

Is this the kind of person you want as your Doctor if you have diabetes?

Hiwot A. Woreta, Duke University Medical Center

"...Ms. Hiwot A. Woreta, former medical student, DUMC, engaged in research misconduct while supported by National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases ...'

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#1119203 Apr 16, 2014
Eleanor Beaver wrote:
<quoted text>
Libs have difficulty with the ¨republicans want the poor to starve¨ crap they occasionally like to serve up.
Ask them to cite the last American to starve to death because they had no access to food.
Then point out how many 300lb ¨poor¨ people drop dead from overeating, drinking in excess, or smoking $12 worth of cigarettes a day while sitting in front of their 55¨ Samsung.
You're right. The obvious culprit here is the government. They encourage these suicidal actions with food stamps. The government invites them to stay unemployed, subsidizes destructive behavior with free booze and tobacco, and drugs.t Then they use the resulting negative statistical data to lobby for more "aid". It's about the most insidious manipulation a government can perpetrate on it's own people - but it gets them votes.

“fairtax.org”

Gauley Bridge WV

#1119204 Apr 16, 2014
You are here: Home / Community / The Rising Sex Traffic in Forced Islamic Marriage
The Rising Sex Traffic in Forced Islamic Marriage
March 6, 2014 By Mark Durie 1 Comment
EDITORIAL – In 2008, the then Archbishop of Canterbury, Rowan Williams, and Nicholas Phillips, Lord Chief Justice of England and Wales, both suggested that the UK could consider, in Lord Phillips’s words,“embracing Sharia law” because “there is no reason why Sharia Law, or any other religious code should not be the basis for mediation or other forms of alternative dispute resolution”. Williams commented:“it’s not as if we’re bringing in an alien and rival system”.
However, two recent widely reported cases of marriage between Muslim men and under-age girls raise troubling questions about these assumptions. One case in New South Wales where an imam married a twelve-year-old girl to a twenty-six-year-old man with her father’s consent is before the court.
In another case involving a custody battle, however, a judgment has been made that questions the way Western jurisdictions interact with sharia marriage regulations, specifically in relation to the widespread practice of conducting private, unregistered religious marriages. A Sydney Muslim girl aged fourteen was forced by her parents to become the child “bride” of a twenty-one-year-old man. Her mother had told her she would “get to attend theme parks and movies and eat lollies and ice-cream with her new husband”. Instead she endured years of sexual and physical abuse and intimidation before fleeing with her young daughter. Her story only saw the light of day ten years after her wedding when she pursued custody of her daughter through the courts.
This “marriage” was never registered with the state: it would have been impossible to do so because the girl was too young to marry under Australian law. A particularly troubling aspect of her story is that she reported her predicament to her school teacher, who under Australian law was a mandatory reporter of child sex abuse, but it seems no report was made, and no intervention attempted.
In passing judgment in favour of the woman, Judge Harman invited the authorities to take matters further: the “groom” could be presumably be charged by the police with sexual offences against a child and placed on the sex offenders register. He and the girl’s father—who in accordance with Islamic tradition would have been the two parties to the marriage contract—could also be charged with trafficking offences. There would also almost certainly have been an exchange of money—the mahr—handed over by the man to the girl or her father in accordance with Islamic law.

“fairtax.org”

Gauley Bridge WV

#1119205 Apr 16, 2014
You are here: Home / Editorial /‘Largest Massacre of Christians in Syria’ Ignored
‘Largest Massacre of Christians in Syria’ Ignored
November 22, 2013 By Raymond Ibrahim Leave a Comment
EDITORIAL – One of the worst Christian massacres—complete with mass graves, tortured-to-death women and children, and destroyed churches—recently took place in Syria, at the hands of the U.S.-supported jihadi “rebels”; and the U.S. government and its “mainstream media” mouthpiece are, as usual, silent (that is, when not actively trying to minimize matters).
The massacre took place in Sadad, an ancient Syriac Orthodox Christian habitation, so old as to be mentioned in the Old Testament. Most of the region’s inhabitants are poor, as Sadad is situated in the remote desert between Homs and Damascus (desert regions, till now, apparently the only places Syria’s Christians could feel secure; 600 Christian families had earlier fled there for sanctuary from the jihad, only to be followed by it).
In late October, the U.S-supported “opposition” invaded and occupied Sadad for over a week, till ousted by the nation’s military. Among other atrocities, 45 Christians—including women and children—were killed, several tortured to death; Sadat’s 14 churches, some ancient, were ransacked and destroyed; the bodies of six people from one family, ranging from ages 16 to 90, were found at the bottom of a well (an increasingly common fate for “subhuman” Christians).
The jihadis even made a graphic video (with English subtitles) of those whom they massacred, while shouting Islam’s victory-cry,“Allahu Akbar”(which John McCain equates to a Christian saying “thank God”). Another video, made after Sadad was liberated shows more graphic atrocities.
Here are the words of Archbishop Selwanos Boutros Alnemeh, Syriac Orthodox Metropolitan of Homs and Hama (another detailed account, with pictures, appears here):
What happened in Sadad is the most serious and biggest massacre of Christians in Syria in the past two years and a half… 45 innocent civilians were martyred for no reason, and among them several women and children, many thrown into mass graves. Other civilians were threatened and terrorized. 30 were wounded and 10 are still missing. For one week, 1,500 families were held as hostages and human shields. Among them children, the elderly, the young, men and women…. All the houses of Sadad were robbed and property looted. The churches are damaged and desecrated, deprived of old books and precious furniture… What happened in Sadad is the largest massacre of Christians in Syria and the second in the Middle East, after the one in the Church of Our Lady of Salvation in Iraq, in 2010.
In the Iraqi attack of 2010, al-Qaeda linked jihadis stormed the church during service killing some 60 Christian worshippers (see here for graphic images of the aftermath).
While the archbishop is correct that this is the “largest massacre of Christians in Syria,” it is but the tip of the iceberg of the persecution the nation’s Christian minority has suffered—including beheadings, church bombings, kidnappings, rapes, and dislocation of hundreds of thousands of Christians—since the war broke out (see Syria entries in monthly persecution series).
A month before Sadad, another ancient Christian region, Ma’loula, one of the world’s very few regions that still spoke Aramaic, the language of Jesus, was besieged by the jihadis, its churches bombarded and plundered, its inhabitants forced to convert to Islam or die. The last words of one man who refused were:“I am a Christian, and if you want to kill me for this, I do not object to it.”
The archbishop concluded his statement concerning Sadad by asking:“We have shouted aid to the world but no one has listened to us. Where is the Christian conscience? Where is human consciousness? Where are my brothers? I think of all those who are suffering today in mourning and discomfort: We ask everyone to pray for us.”
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1119206 Apr 16, 2014
Never question what a scientist tells your or publishes...

Is the kind of scientist you want around your cancer patient son or daughter?

Lingjie Zhao, University of Iowa

'... Ms. Zhao engaged in research misconduct by falsifying research records included in (a) a manuscript submitted for publication in Cancer Research...'

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Blue State in HUGE trouble sez George Will 24 min Amazing Skulduggery 5
Buy Buy Charlie Rose.......LIBERAL! 29 min Poor Charlie Rose 1
Help me 34 min Gorilla Rape 7
Slop your greedy Hogs some more God!!! 48 min doG mnaDed lyHo i... 1
Live From "Earth II"....? 51 min 2 MANY 2 LIST 2
Trump is A 57 min WarmCuddlyGUY 73
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 64,126

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages