Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1509380 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

No Surprize

Largo, FL

#1118966 Apr 15, 2014
Detzing (Demos Tenzing) Post# 398264:- Jeez, you just ruined a whole bunch of summer vacation plans. Guess they can just go over to Auschwitz and sing a variation of the Battle Hymn of the Republic. Everybody ... Mine eyes have seen the glory of the slaughter of the Jews ...

Post# 373324 lily:- Well, next he'll call you Jewish; "cuz, dont'cha know it's all them n---gars 'n kykes causin' all the problems for the white folk, oh yeah, and them queers too"

It's the culture...

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1118967 Apr 15, 2014
the cleaner wrote:
<quoted text>
Just give me a junk E-mail and I'll give you all the particulars. I, too, would love to have a round-table with the wonderful, brilliant, funny people I've met here during the time I've been swimming in this sewer that contains the dregs of humanity.
The old bagger scum just need to be rounded up and euthanized. The Jewish Center shooter was a Klan lunatic ... what a surprise. It just came up on the screen when I logged on.
And yes, it is the best decision I ever made. More expensive to buy and install, but so worth it. No vents, no huge monstrosity gobbling energy and making noise, and breaking down. This has no parts to break down. Check it out -- you might be able to switch over now, and, if not, maybe soon. Even if your energy is relatively cheap, this has so many benefits.
Well, honey, it's my birthday, and I'm going off to have a few. Tomorrow I go to the King Winery in Eugene. It's been a long day, and kicking back tonight and tomorrow sounds just right. You have yourself a wonderful evening with your lady -- that lucky girl! ;)
Happy Birthday!!! Have a wonderful day tomorrow.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1118968 Apr 15, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
A former Arizona sheriff who has taken the side of cattle ranchers in Nevada said this week that he would have allowed his own wife and daughters to be shot as human shields because it would look bad for the federal government on television.
In a statement to Fox News on Monday that was first flagged by Glenn Beck’s The Blaze, former Sheriff Richard Mack talked about his strategy to put women on the front lines if a gunfight broke out between “rogue federal agents” and rancher Cliven Bundy, who reportedly owes the taxpayers more than $1 million for allowing his cattle to graze on government land.
“We were actually strategizing to put all the women up at the front,” he recalled.“If they are going to start shooting, it’s going to be women that are going to be televised all across the world getting shot by these rogue federal officers.”
Speaking to radio host Ben Swann later on Monday, Mack explained his plan.
“It was a tactical plot that I was trying to get them to use,” Mack said.“If they’re going to start killing people, I’m sorry, but to show the world how ruthless these people are, women needed to be the first ones shot.”
“I’m sorry, that sounds horrible,” he continued.“I would have put my own wife or daughters there, and I would have been screaming bloody murder to watch them die. I would gone next, I would have been the next one to be killed. I’m not afraid to die here. I’m willing to die here.”
“But the best ploy would be to have had women at the front. Because, one, I don’t think they would have shot them. And, two, if they had, it would have been the worst thing that we could have shown to the rest of the world, that these ruthless cowards hired by the federal government will do anything.”
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/04/15/former-...
so the non-ruthless cowards sent out the women.
not looking good for right wing nutjob masculinity at the moment.
Yes, he said he would have. Why didn't he? If I were his wife; I'd serve him with divorce papers today and take every fkn nickel this loser may have.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1118969 Apr 15, 2014
PHOENIX (Reuters)– Arizona Governor Jan Brewer on Tuesday signed into a law a bill allowing state health authorities to conduct surprise inspections of abortion clinics without first obtaining a warrant, handing another victory to abortion foes.

The Republican-backed bill, which gained final legislative approval from the state Senate last week, removes a provision from state law requiring a judge to sign off on any spot inspections conducted at the nine clinics in Arizona licensed to perform abortions.

No other medical facilities in the state require such a warrant for unannounced inspections

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/04/15/arizona...
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1118970 Apr 15, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you hear where their battle plans were if it came to that with the U.S. Government was to put all of the women up in front of the armed thugs. So they were willing to sacrifice all of the women...Which is further proof that they were Republicans. Talk about cowardly chicken sh1t baggers. They had old drug head Nugent, the Duck dummy, what a band of lowlifes. I would have been tempted to lay them all out just to make statement. I'll bet that would eliminate any future big ideas from those idiots.. These morons on the right are treading on dangerous grounds, and all the while being cheered on by the idiots like on here. The very blind leading the very stupid. That's beyond scary.
It's a big mistake to let that yahoo face down the feds; sets a bad precedent.

What's next? Everyone can just refuse to pay his property taxes and stand them down with guns? Are we becoming an outlaw country? Let them move to Russia!
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#1118971 Apr 15, 2014
The Dirty Secret Behind Why Republicans Refuse to Give Lois Lerner Immunity

Sometimes a thing is so obvious it burns. But no one sees it because it’s been pre-framed in such a way that everyone is busy examining the defense and missing the offense. So it is with the fake IRS “scandal”, that I warned from the beginning appeared to be an attempt to work the refs for Karl Rove’s Crossroads and other conservative dark money groups, as we now know is true. Why did I make that claim? Logic.

It’s a simple exercise of what was going on at the time that the unsubstantiated and inaccurate claims were made. The IRS was investigating Crossroads. Who would it benefit if the narrative was established that the Obama administration was targeting conservatives? Dark money conservative groups. Whose playbook is this? Karl Rove. Accuse first, loudly, of what you are doing in order to exhaust the public of the subject, so that when the facts finally come out no one is paying attention. The inaccurate headlines “inform” the public:“Obama IRS scandal”.

I’ve also been saying that I suspect Lois Lerner was set up by the GOP to make these accusations in the first place. Everyone is focused on the ball the Republicans threw at the Obama administration, so they’re saying, gee it looks like Lois Lerner wasn’t working on the orders of anyone high up in the Obama administration. But that’s totally missing the forest for the trees.

Darrell Issa misled the public. There is no evidence that anyone in the Obama administration gave an order to the IRS and Lois Lerner, because conservatives were not being targeted. So now that we have cleared that up, and it’s been cleared up for months, that leaves us with Lois Lerner and the Republicans accusing her of all kinds of things because she won’t testify.

Issa went on Fox News and said Lerner would be testifying, when he knew she wouldn’t be. He did this in a way that suggested that Obama was close to being “caught”, and then he played surprised when she refused to testify, just like her attorney told everyone she would do. This move was that perfect Fox News move of suggesting guilt and conspiracy without saying it.

Republicans pretended to be outraged that she wouldn’t testify, suggesting with their puffed up pointed fingers that if only she would testify, they would have a case against Obama and the IRS.

But Republicans could fix all of that by giving Lois Lerner immunity.

Is there anyone remotely sane and awake in this country who believes that if Darrell Issa and/or any Republican had a chance at a real smoking Obama gun, they would turn it down?

Darrell Issa says he wants the truth. Republicans claim they wasted all of these resources and $14 million and counting in taxpayer money for the “truth”, and yet when the “truth” is in arm’s reach, they run away.

So a logical person is left to ask, why won’t they give her immunity?

http://www.politicususa.com/2014/04/15/republ...

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1118972 Apr 15, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Hmmmm.... I wonder how Cali gets its water?
I haven't been following the thread very closely so I may be off in left field but just wanted to point out that the reason the Chinese-backed solar project in Nevada died was because California opted out of buying electricity from the solar farm because we can meet our obligations with in-state power. Even Nevada's largest utility, NV Energy, refused to sign on as it had already met its renewable energy goal. With no buyers, the Chinese deal collapsed. Period.
NuculurVodkaOpti on

Palm Coast, FL

#1118973 Apr 15, 2014
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, she already has a few daughters; and if she didn't know she was pregnant after killing 6 of her babies; then she is not fit to be a mother. Consider it a blessing; she was just too damn dumb to destroy the evidence. Now she's going to prison, tie her tubes. Who are the men who impregnated her?
Leosanus is going to prison? It's about time you get a cellmate.

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1118974 Apr 15, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! Dump and run! That's the standard m.o. when they can't hold a position with the constant lies being dressed up as 'facts.'
Fortunately, most Americans aren't as gullible or blind as reich wingers!
I think they would choke on the words, "I was wrong."

“It is very unnerving to be proven wrong, particularly when you are really right and the person who is really wrong is proving you wrong and proving himself, wrongly, right.”
&#8213; Lemony Snicket, The Blank Book
NuculurVodkaOpti on

Palm Coast, FL

#1118975 Apr 15, 2014
<quoted text>
Yes, he said he would have. Why didn't he? If I were his wife; I'd serve him with divorce papers today and take every fkn nickel this loser may have.
He'd never marry you; you're too drunk all the time.
Patrick n Angela

United States

#1118976 Apr 15, 2014
<quoted text>
Waxman is back as the other moron,
another mooscher

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1118977 Apr 15, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
Yesterday IRS announced they would d/c grabbing return checks of the children whose now deceased parents had received in overpayments.
This grab for money was made possible by someone slipping into the farm bill a line removing the 10 year statue of limitations.
However, they didn't remove the requirement to notify people so they could appeal.
Is Obama the most money grubbing president yet?
obama slipped that line in the farm bill? really?

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1118978 Apr 15, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree it was meant to be temporary.
Now you understand what the disagreement is.
Check out the National Park site-they pay fees.
Temporary or not makes no difference. Until such time as the land is no longer under Federal jurisdiction, Bundy must abide by Federal law and regulations. However, as aside, show me where in the Nevada constitution is says anything about the arrangement being "temporary".
Patrick n Angela

United States

#1118979 Apr 15, 2014
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>Dem ...
1. On September 11th, 1974, Eastern Airlines Flight 212 crashed three and a half miles from the runway in South Carolina, killing Stephen Colbert’s father and two of his eleven siblings. The pilots had been engaged in off-topic discussion (about the “A-rabs” taking over our country). The impertinent conversation the pilots were engaged in before the crash actually led to a new FAA rule, the Sterile Cockpit Rule, which prohibits pilots from engaging in non-essential activities during critical phases of flight.

2. The death of his father and two brothers led Stephen Colbert to a kind of social isolation, where he discovered Dungeons and Dragons and Lord of the Rings, of which he has an encyclopedic knowledge. In fact, he knows his Tolkien so well that, on a visit to the set of The Hobbit, he threw down in a trivia contest with the movie’s Tolkien expert, and won!

3. Colbert changed the pronunciation of his last name (from a hard T to a silent T) after a conversation with an astronaut on a flight to Northwestern, a college he transferred to after attending an all-male college for two years.

More from Pajiba: David Fincher’s “Gone Girl” trailer is so dark…

4. Colbert did not immediately have aspirations to be a comedic actor. He grew a beard in college, and intended on being a serious actor. His friend and collaborator Amy Sedaris called him “insufferable” during this period. It was Sedaris who helped to convince him to join Second City, although it would still be a couple more years before he gave up aspirations of being a serious actor.
Patrick n Angela

United States

#1118980 Apr 15, 2014
No Surprize wrote:
Detzing (Demos culture...
4. Stephen Colbert is completely deaf in one ear. In fact, because of an operation he had as a child, Colbert can fold his ear inside out and pop it out when he squints.

15. Not only did Stephen Colbert have a cameo in The Hobbit: Desolation of the Smaug, but so did his entire family, including his lovely wife Evelyn McGee.

16. While doing genealogy research, Stephen Colbert discovered that it was the ancestors of his wife who were responsible for chasing the ancestors of Colbert off their land in Ireland. Colbert actually grew up two blocks away from his wife, but didn’t meet her until they were in their 20s, though they apparently went to the same summer camp. His wife, by the by, doesn’t really care for Stephen Colbert’s character.

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1118981 Apr 15, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Cattle ranchers are not always rich.
What you are talking about is corporate farms.
No. I am talking about cattle ranchers in Nevada. They are wealthy. And, so are big cattle ranchers here in California. I know several and they are multi-millionaires. It's a very lucrative profession, made even better if one steals from the government like Bundy. Do you seriously believe that Bundy would have wasted time and money fighting this in court for the past 20 yers if he didn't have money to burn? Lawyers are not cheap.
Black Power

Emeryville, CA

#1118982 Apr 15, 2014
hello
Eleanor Beaver

United States

#1118983 Apr 15, 2014
THE LIES CONTINUE

Obamacare Premiums To Rise At Record Pace

It's certain that premiums for Obamacare plans are going up - and they're rising at a record pace.

A recent survey of 148 insurance brokers shows that ObamaCare is sending premiums rising at the fastest clip in decades.

"For the last, about, five years they've been doing this survey, so this was the largest percentage increase in any quarter since they've been doing (it)," said Scott Gottlieb of the American Enterprise Institute.

"[A] 12 percent, 11 percent increase on average across all states -- that puts it at the upper end of any increase we've seen for decades."

That is the national average in a survey done by Morgan Stanley. But in some states, it found rates are soaring.

*Delaware had 100 percent increase.

*Florida had a 37 percent increase.

*Pennsylvania 28 percent increase.

*California had a 53 percent increase in their premiums.

There have been so many promises made and broken regarding Obamacare that it's hard to keep track.

[Obama lied] to the American people when he claimed that they will save $2,500 a year on insurance under Obamacare. Instead, costly plans are going to become even more expensive, squeezing families dry. Now Democrats are saying only that it was "unrealistic" to expect no pain in switching from the system we had - where the overwhelming majority of people were satisfied with their insurance - to what we have now. They will gloss over the lie about savings and accuse the American people of being naive.

Good luck with that, guys.

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1118984 Apr 15, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
Tax Day Reminder: BarackObama attempted to raise taxes 442 times. To think it could be much worse..
More reichwing propaganda.

"Among the tax hikes Mr. Obama wanted were REINSTATEMENTS of superfund excise taxes and superfund environmental income taxes in 2010 (which have been reinstated every year since 1980 when the fund was established); something called a financial crisis responsibility fee in 2011 ( a proposed tax upon certain financial firms, being imposed until that financial firm had paid off all money provided to it under the Troubled Assets Relief Program); the designation of growth zones and accompanying tax and fee structures in 2012 (growth zones have been around since the 1970's); and the repeal or elimination of several tax benefits for various oil, gas and energy drilling endeavors in 2014." Really, this is what conservatives call raising taxes? Seems to me they are running scared.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/apr/...
Eleanor Beaver

United States

#1118985 Apr 15, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
No. I am talking about cattle ranchers in Nevada. They are wealthy. And, so are big cattle ranchers here in California. I know several and they are multi-millionaires. It's a very lucrative profession, made even better if one steals from the government like Bundy.
Steals?

Like the thieves from renewable energy corporations like Solyndra that referred to the Obama administration as the Bank of Washington, D.C.?

Lucrative?

Ever wonder why someone would spend hundreds of millions to try and win an election for a job that pays a few hundred grand with benefits and a pension? It sure as shit isn't to help the indigent.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 min tuffet 239,501
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 54 min Breezy _Soul 3,630
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Into The Night 63,568
News Scientists say they have proved climate change ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Into The Night 8,070
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 2 hr Sublime1 105,060
Graduation in Detroit. 3 hr BHO is EVIL 4
News Pie Five Pizza closes all but one suburban Chic... 4 hr Emeril LaGas 2

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages