Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1618269 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#1118764 Apr 15, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
New service and internet up and running again.
Yahoo!
So Carol can again spread her lies and racism.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#1118765 Apr 15, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
How about providing some evidence?
OK

You said Eric Holder was withholding info asked for by the Courts. There is no record of this.

Prove it or admit you're a liar..........again.

“Stop Child Soldiers”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1118766 Apr 15, 2014
European stocks deepen losses as Ukraine crisis escalates

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/european-sto...

“Stop Child Soldiers”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1118768 Apr 15, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
Guess being back on topix again today will be short-lived.
Gotta work.
A crushing blow for some, I know.
WWDD

What will Dupont do?
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1118769 Apr 15, 2014
Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you ever question the talking burning bush fairy tale? You believe that but deny the research of hundreds of climatologists. That's sad and funny at the same time.
Al Gore is your burning bush....

what did he tell you today??????

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1118770 Apr 15, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Hope they bring a lunch. That may take a while.
I'm sure the cowboys there are riding over the area and know where they are. There won't be a surprise assault.
But, China has money in the game. They won't let the Democrats quit.
OK. Time to set you repTARDs straight. China has no "money in the game". The deal with the Chinese-owned ENN Energy Group to build a $5 billion solar farm in Laughlin, was shelved in June, 2013. Besides, that solar farm site is "roughly 177 miles away from Bundy’s 150-acre ranch in Bunkerville, Nev., and 213 miles from the federally owned Gold Butte area where Bundy ‘s cattle have been grazing." That is not to say the deal can't possibly be revived once the threat of "trespass cattle" roaming into the area is alleviated.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1118771 Apr 15, 2014
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Timothy Mc Veigh made a lovely omelet, did he? You are among the dumbest of the dumb on here...
what does killing babies accomplish for you?

you get to put another jar on the shelf?

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

Gauley Bridge WV

#1118772 Apr 15, 2014
“The significance of it was more symbolic than anything,” Gerber said on Monday.“The government is just step by step eliminating roads for hunters and fishermen and ranchers and miners and just shutting down the West.”

The road remains open, but a lawsuit filed by environmental groups more than a decade ago seeks its closure.

Then there was the Klamath Falls water fight of 2001 in Oregon. The headgates of the Upper Klamath Lake were shut down by the Bureau of Reclamation as part of an action to protect the sucker fish, but the action affected hundreds of thousands of acres of farmland that relied on the water supply for irrigation channels.

Congress took notice of the resulting protests and sent $20 million to aid the damaged farms.

Bundy quit paying grazing fees in 1993 in a conflict that grew out of range restrictions to protect the threatened desert tortoise.

A key issue in last week’s failed roundup — local control of public lands — has arisen in conflicts before. In Nevada, the Sagebrush Rebellion in the 1970s and 1980s resembled the Bundy situation as ranchers pushed back against federal land regulations.

“The underlying theme of the Sagebrush rebellion was local control of the land,” said Eric Herzik, department chairman of the political science department at the University of Nevada, Reno.

Part of that sentiment includes opposition to federal government’s oversight role.

“There’s a whole lot of resentment against big government,” Herzik said.“The thought is:‘We are the true stakeholders here. We live here.’ So there’s a lot of resentment about the federal government telling people what to do.”

As for the BLM’s action on Saturday, he said:“That’s more kudos to the federal agency saying there are these armed guys here and before we bring in armed troops and someone really gets hurt as opposed to being hurt with a Taser, let’s see if we can figure something out.”

One of Bundy’s sons, Ammon Bundy, was shot with a stun gun on Wednesday by a BLM officer.

BLM spokesman Leff did not detail how the agency and the National Park Service intend to pursue judicial remedies after two court orders authorizing the roundup have failed.

“The gather is over,” Leff wrote in an email Monday.“The BLM and NPS have no further statement.”

MILITIA MEMBERS STAY TO PROTECT RANCHER

The standoff behind Cliven Bundy and Bureau of Land Management officers ended peacefully Saturday with the release of cattle, but the band of militia members protecting the Southern Nevada rancher aren’t headed home.

Militia members, who started arriving at the Southern Nevada ranch last week, plan to stay and protect the Bundys, said Ryan Payne, a coordinator with Operation Mutual Aid, which describes itself as a national coalition of militia groups. Payne, a militia member from Anaconda, Mont., on Monday described the move as a "defensive posture."

"Once you’ve won a battle, even though this was a bloodless battle and won the standoff, you prepare a defensive posture and prepare for a counterattack," Payne said.

Militia units from Montana to New Hampshire have expressed an interest in coming to help. Payne didn’t disclose the number of militia members at the ranch. More than a hundred militia members were present on Saturday.

Payne didn’t say how long the militia will stay at the ranch, adding that units from across the country will rotate in and out.

"We’ll be here until we feel that there’s nothing more to worry about," he said.

In other developments:

— Ammon Bundy, a son of Cliven Bundy, told reporters Monday that the family has no intention of paying the grazing fees it owes to the BLM. The agency says the figure is about $1 million, spanning 20 years.

— Asked if he believes arrests will be made, Ammon Bundy said that if agents arrest them, "It will cause an uproar and it will be 10 times bigger than this."

—By Review-Journal writers Ben Botkin and Justin Yurkanin

“Stop Child Soldiers”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1118773 Apr 15, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
OK
You said Eric Holder was withholding info asked for by the Courts. There is no record of this.
Prove it or admit you're a liar..........again.
Good grief, read the news.

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1118774 Apr 15, 2014
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe he means Russia; half of the yahoos on here would shyt their panties if they tried this stuff in their mother Russia; Putin would bring in the tanks on old Bundy and it'd be curtains for sure.
Good point. It's the repTARDS who continually hold up Putin as their example of good leadership. Makes one wonder why they are complaining. "Bring in the tanks" is exactly what I would expect to be their rallying cry.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1118775 Apr 15, 2014
Progressives remind us to never question science or the integrity of the researchers...

Is this the kind of researcher you want doing work for the National Institute of Aging?

' Specifically, PHS found that Mr. McMaster fabricated data in recording the score for the lordosis reflex and in recording the cell types present in vaginal epithelium from rats in two experimental psychology protocols...'

https://ori.hhs.gov/images/ddblock/ori_annual...
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1118776 Apr 15, 2014
Progressives remind us to never question science or the integrity of the researchers...

Is the type of person you want filling out your child's medical chart?

'Ms. Sylvia Okoro, former Research Assistant, UMAB, engaged in research misconduct by fabricating and falsifying patient data in research supported by National Institute on Aging (NIA)..."

'...specifically, Ms. Okoro intentionally and knowingly fabricated and falsified data for six visit dates on one patient data form and falsified and fabricated patient condition information on two additional study subjects by failing to note that each patient had experienced a fall as documented in their medical charts.."
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1118777 Apr 15, 2014
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1118778 Apr 15, 2014
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you take a look at her? She looks totally nuts and her husband was in prison. Who was getting her pregnant and no one knew about it? Maybe her daughters got pregnant and Mama took care of things. What a moran that she didn't destroy the evidence. However, I might say that 6 less morans in the world is a blessing.
these things happen more often than realized, including women having babies without realizing that they are pregnant.....

no news here, just another media diversion from the disaster of ObamaKKKare......

is there any "breaking news" on the Malaysian airliner???...
Emeeeeemama

Palm Coast, FL

#1118779 Apr 15, 2014
Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you ever question the talking burning bush fairy tale? You believe that but deny the research of hundreds of climatologists. That's sad and funny at the same time.
You prefer the Obama fairy tale... ObamaScare... "Lie of the Year" ... LOL

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

#1118780 Apr 15, 2014
flack wrote:
“The significance of it was more symbolic than anything,” Gerber said on Monday.“The government is just step by step eliminating roads for hunters and fishermen and ranchers and miners and just shutting down the West.”
The road remains open, but a lawsuit filed by environmental groups more than a decade ago seeks its closure.
Then there was the Klamath Falls water fight of 2001 in Oregon. The headgates of the Upper Klamath Lake were shut down by the Bureau of Reclamation as part of an action to protect the sucker fish, but the action affected hundreds of thousands of acres of farmland that relied on the water supply for irrigation channels.
Congress took notice of the resulting protests and sent $20 million to aid the damaged farms.
Bundy quit paying grazing fees in 1993 in a conflict that grew out of range restrictions to protect the threatened desert tortoise.
A key issue in last week’s failed roundup — local control of public lands — has arisen in conflicts before. In Nevada, the Sagebrush Rebellion in the 1970s and 1980s resembled the Bundy situation as ranchers pushed back against federal land regulations.
“The underlying theme of the Sagebrush rebellion was local control of the land,” said Eric Herzik, department chairman of the political science department at the University of Nevada, Reno.
Part of that sentiment includes opposition to federal government’s oversight role.
“There’s a whole lot of resentment against big government,” Herzik said.“The thought is:‘We are the true stakeholders here. We live here.’ So there’s a lot of resentment about the federal government telling people what to do.”
As for the BLM’s action on Saturday, he said:“That’s more kudos to the federal agency saying there are these armed guys here and before we bring in armed troops and someone really gets hurt as opposed to being hurt with a Taser, let’s see if we can figure something out.”
One of Bundy’s sons, Ammon Bundy, was shot with a stun gun on Wednesday by a BLM officer.
BLM spokesman Leff did not detail how the agency and the National Park Service intend to pursue judicial remedies after two court orders authorizing the roundup have failed.
“The gather is over,” Leff wrote in an email Monday.“The BLM and NPS have no further statement.”
MILITIA MEMBERS STAY TO PROTECT RANCHER
The standoff behind Cliven Bundy and Bureau of Land Management officers ended peacefully Saturday with the release of cattle, but the band of militia members protecting the Southern Nevada rancher aren’t headed home.
.........ove as a "defensive posture."
"Once you’ve won a battle, even though this was a bloodless battle and won the standoff, you prepare a defensive posture and prepare for a counterattack," Payne said.
Militia units from Montana to New Hampshire have expressed an interest in coming to help. Payne didn’t disclose the number of militia members at the ranch. More than a hundred militia members were present on Saturday.
Payne didn’t say how long the militia will stay at the ranch, adding that units from across the country will rotate in and out.
"We’ll be here until we feel that there’s nothing more to worry about," he said.
In other developments:
— Ammon Bundy, a son of Cliven Bundy, told reporters Monday that the family has no intention of paying the grazing fees it owes to the BLM. The agency says the figure is about $1 million, spanning 20 years.
— Asked if he believes arrests will be made, Ammon Bundy said that if agents arrest them, "It will cause an uproar and it will be 10 times bigger than this."
—By Review-Journal writers Ben Botkin and Justin Yurkanin
The stupid militia should be arrested for aiding & abetting an admitted thief. The idea that Payne thought he actually won something shows how stupid these people are.

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1118781 Apr 15, 2014
Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>
Conservatives remind us to never question the Bible or the integrity of Christian fairy tales. My favorite is Jonah being swallowed by a whale and spit out on shore three days later.
But, but, but...it all started with a talking snake that offered Eve an apple. Then again, that was after Eve was made from one of Adam's ribs. I'm not sure they are as much fairy tales as horror stories. The number of people who have been slaughtered or tortured throughout history through use of Bible verses as justification for horrific acts against the "enemy" is hardly "Godlike." Certainly not a fairy tale. In the Gulf War, an F-16 fighter/bomber had "Isaiah 21:9" written on its bombs. Shame.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1118782 Apr 15, 2014
Progressives remind us to never question science or the integrity of the researchers...

Is this the person you want administering your medical servers?

'...Jong Hyuk Park, Ph.D., former postdoctoral fellow, Pittsburgh
Development Center of the Magee-Womens Research Institute, UP, engaged in research misconduct in research funded by National Center for Research Resources (NCRR)...

... falsified the record of revisions of the figures by deleting all prior versions from the laboratory server.'

https://ori.hhs.gov/images/ddblock/ori_annual...

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1118783 Apr 15, 2014
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Probably tasted like gunner
LOL.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1118784 Apr 15, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
How much did the State of Nevada pay for those Federal lands? When did they purchase them? How much did they pay?
What we do know for a FACT is that Clark County purchased all “valid existing grazing permits (not the land) for Gold Butte, paying $375,000 to retire them for the benefit of the tortoise.” Anyone with a little common sense would regonize the FACT that even Clark County accepts the FACT that the land belongs to the Federal Government.
the "benefit of the tortoise" is a scam, a mitigation offset to allow Chinese Communist solar developers to kill desert tortoises on other land.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 min loose cannon 242,769
The Party of Racism. 18 min history in context 61
Benghazi, the REAL story. 4 hr DeadCryingOut 4
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 8 hr They cannot kill ... 11,425
Jon Trott of JPUSA protects child molestors 11 hr John Trott 9
Film on Sex Crimes at Jesus People USA 11 hr John Trott 11
Child Molestation at Chicago Cult 11 hr John Trott 44

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages