Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1484492 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“Stop Child Soldiers”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1118136 Apr 14, 2014
Jesus Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, I see alright, but it's pretty plain you're not strictly following my teachings for some reason?
This is God, you are grounded. Knock off the BS
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1118137 Apr 14, 2014
Today's funny headline - Conservatives Rand Paul, Ted Cruz test U.S. presidential waters in New Hampshire

lol

“Stop Child Soldiers”

Location hidden

#1118138 Apr 14, 2014
Homer wrote:
I know I have said it many times in the past but it certainly bears repeating: Rightwingers are dumb.
I have said this before and it bears repeating.

Anyone whose only claim is the other side is dumb, lost the argument.
Jesus Christ

Chantilly, VA

#1118139 Apr 14, 2014
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>You can never by sure with him, Sweetie. He probably put that fist in there just for effect.
It's possible... but I think it was just a screw-up... In any event, you and I need to talk privately at some point and get caught up... before I forget what you (don't) look like...
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1118140 Apr 14, 2014
Jesus Christ wrote:
What happened to the turn the other cheek dictum? If you take you guys down off your crosses you need to be paying taxes on that property by rights...
Homer turning his house into a church, no more paying taxes for me.

“Stop Child Soldiers”

Location hidden

#1118141 Apr 14, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
At the risk of incurring your wrath, let me repeat: I'm a heathen.
WWFJD

What will fake Jesus do?
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1118142 Apr 14, 2014
MANCHESTER, New Hampshire (Reuters)- Conservative Republican Senators Rand Paul and Ted Cruz tested the 2016 presidential waters at an event on Saturday in the influential state of New Hampshire at which potential opponents from the more moderate wing of the party did not appear.

Republicans set to blow another general election.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#1118143 Apr 14, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
best one of the day....
After Slamming Obama As "Lawless," Right-Wing Critics Cheer Lawless Rancher Waging "War" On Government
For commentators who claim to despise lawlessness and who have attacked the Obama administration for allegedly feeding disorder and politicizing it, conservatives were quick to embrace a lawless Nevada rancher who for two decades has refused to pay federal grazing fees on public land and is now promoting his cattle crusade as a war against the federal government.
According to the right wing media, paying the obvious penalty for openly refusing to obey the law for decades suddenly translates into victimhood for rancher Cliven Bundy and "harassment" by the government, as conservative commentator Dana Loesch tried to spin away Bundy's contempt for law and order.
Aside from ignoring the law, Bundy and his armed, anti-government supporters have repeatedly threatened violence and fanned the flames of confrontation with revolutionary, insurrectionist rhetoric, like declaring a "Range War." ("Serious bloodshed was narrowly avoided," the Las Vegas Review-Journal reported last week from the site of the flash point.)
All of the incendiary rhetoric and the loaded allegations about a tyrannical government has been marketed and promoted by Fox News and the rest of the conservative media, which claims to revere America as a nation of laws; the same Fox News that declared war on Occupy Wall Street protesters in 2011 and condemned them for being lawless.("Domestic terrorists"!)
But now, suddenly the rules of engagement have shifted. Bundy is a right-wing hero and a massive Fox News flip-flop has taken place.
http://mediamatters.org/blog/2014/04/14/after...
Benghazi is kind of dying off on MM. not a big deal anymore as the FOX talking heads keep pointing out.
It appears the government doesn't own that land. The best the goverenment could come up with was an agreement with Mexico in 1848, which the agreement with the State of Nevada in 1864 to admit Nevada as a state would have made null and void.

So, since the government claims to own the land, prove the federal government paid "just compensation" to the state of Nevada and/or Clark County.

When did the government pay "just compensation"?
How much did the government pay?
Whom did the government pay?

Or, you can quote the 1864 agreement between Nevada and the government of the United States where it addresses how much of the State of Nevada the federal government retains possession of after Nevada became a state.

And, since Clark County also had a lease agreement with the government, how can the government have two separate agreements on the same land, one with Clark County, and another with a land user?

Any way you look at it, the government is wrong.

Now, why doesn't Obama use that government paramilitary unit to stop the invasion coming across our southern border, instead of rustling cattle on land the government doesn't even own?

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#1118144 Apr 14, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
The above female claims to know what men talk about behind close doors.
I am a female also so I make NO assumptions
HAHAHAHAHAHA

You need new material, Jason. You've used the 'I'll call these guys women to piss them off" for far too long. It's old and tired, like you.

Your self loathing is evident. For a woman to call a guy a woman thinking it's some sort of slur is a sure indication you see yourself as less than equal to men.

In your case, it's true. You're less than equal to my dog and she's a bitch!! LOL

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1118145 Apr 14, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Congress questioned the behavior of the agencies at Waco-moron.
You created a stupid itty bitty straw man.
You are really a putz who is throwing a tantrum because you got called on it.
Congress??? Which members? You may recall that house Repubs hated Clinton and Reno almost as much as they hate Obama and Holder.

Local law enforcement had missed dozens of opportunities to grab Koresh while he was alone or with a small group in a controllable atmosphere. That never happened and there is your scandal.

He was a suspected, make that highly suspected sex offender__that's a big deal in most states.

In my state people are serving life X 3 for a lot less.

You're a fn moron!
Jesus Christ

Chantilly, VA

#1118146 Apr 14, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you operating on the theory that if you throw enough dung around something will stick?
So tell us, is it traitorous to question the government or is this just another case of situational ethics-- only wrong when Obama is POTUS?
No, I'm operating on the theory that if you write like an illiterate it takes a good deal of the punch out of your arguments.

Traitorous? Who cares about that? My bar for you is set MUCH, much lower... essentially, what use do you serve? What've you ever "won?" What's the point of keeping you alive? You're just dead weight and your performance over the last 5 years clearly demonstrates this.... You see? "Traitor" doesn't even enter into it...

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#1118147 Apr 14, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
'Lobotomized journalism': Salon writer argues for race-based wealth redistribution
But of course!!!! How else could it possibly be fair?

Salon sucks donkey dong.

Adam 36

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#1118148 Apr 14, 2014
Oh my: Obama approval rating in MN 36/54

Looks like Al Franken is Freakin' out...

http://hotair.com/archives/2014/04/14/oh-my-o...
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1118149 Apr 14, 2014
"There are not enough Tea Party people, not enough libertarian people, not enough socially conservative people to win a Republican nomination, by definition," said veteran Republican pollster Whit Ayres, who runs polling for Florida Senator Marco Rubio, another possible 2016 hopeful.

True true
Jesus Christ

Chantilly, VA

#1118150 Apr 14, 2014
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Homer turning his house into a church, no more paying taxes for me.
A wise choice. No wonder so many americans claim to believe in a god, they're taking the deduction...
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1118151 Apr 14, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
I have said this before and it bears repeating.
Anyone whose only claim is the other side is dumb, lost the argument.
Homer believes as Americans we are all on the same side.

“Stop Child Soldiers”

Location hidden

#1118152 Apr 14, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you cheer when the children burned at Waco?
Same agencies involved; same crap
----------
So who brought up the straw man, Jason?
Re-read the last sentence of my post-" Same agencies involved; same crap"

The two are connected.

LOL, what did this Jason do to you? He must have pulverized you because you have remained so bitter for so long.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#1118153 Apr 14, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
The Federal Government paid Mexico for the land. You're just too stupid to comprehend.
Therefore, it belongs to the Federal Government, not Nevada. Nevada didn't exist when our Gov't bought the land.
Be clear. Federal land is land owned by all Americans and managed by the Government.. F*ck this Bundy azzhole. It is not his land in any way, shape, or form.
If he was black, you Teabag scum would be calliing for him to be shot.
You can't pay Mexico to buy land in a state, you moron.

When Nevada became a state, the land within the boundaries of the state of Nevada belong to the state of Nevada or the existing land private land owners.

The defense of any argument the government has concerning ownership of land in any state is written in the agreement between that state and the government as conditions for admitting that state as a state into the union.

But, let's examine your logic. You're saying the government owns the strip in Las Vegas, right?
Do you listen to yourself?

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#1118154 Apr 14, 2014
Homer wrote:
Today's funny headline - Conservatives Rand Paul, Ted Cruz test U.S. presidential waters in New Hampshire
lol
I suppose you'd prefer the race pimp, Sharpton...

http://cdn2-b.examiner.com/sites/default/file...

...as our next president?

“Stop Child Soldiers”

Location hidden

#1118155 Apr 14, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Congress??? Which members? You may recall that house Repubs hated Clinton and Reno almost as much as they hate Obama and Holder.
Local law enforcement had missed dozens of opportunities to grab Koresh while he was alone or with a small group in a controllable atmosphere. That never happened and there is your scandal.
He was a suspected, make that highly suspected sex offender__that's a big deal in most states.
In my state people are serving life X 3 for a lot less.
You're a fn moron!
Yes, that was it.

Never that the agencies over reacted at Ruby Ridge and Waco.

Moron

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 6 min District 1 234,739
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr SweLL GirL 10,109
Cong. John Lewis is a worthless black dem. hack... 1 hr Go Blue Forever 26
Are democrats destroyed? 1 hr Jeff Davis 272
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 2 hr Ize Found 71,321
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr Into The Night 62,988
Trump Will Erase Memory of Obama With Executive... 2 hr HaHaHa 1

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages