Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#1116640 Apr 12, 2014
Sheriff announces BLM standing down! more to follow
NuculurVodkaOpti on

Palm Coast, FL

#1116641 Apr 12, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Another miserable day in store for Mr. sunshine. Don't you have a klan rally or something fun to do?? If lily was all of that she would be an obvious bagger like you...DUMBAZZ.
Dumb Bumpass Gay Ghost

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1116642 Apr 12, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Coldwater Creek is hardly a low-end store....in fact, their problem is probably the relatively high prices of their merchandise....
as for dollar stores in general, they offer lower prices than other stores for certain brand name items, and intelligent consumers want the lowest prices regardless of the state of the economy......
the cautionary statements are standard verbiage in virtually every corporate annual report.....
get out of your nursing home and see the real world....
Coldwater Creek merchandise is cheaply made of inferior fabrics. Walk in the door of a store and you will find just about everything 40% off...right off the bat. People have finally figures out they can do better. Don't worry, you are not losing your 99 Cents Only Store. They have better management.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1116643 Apr 12, 2014
Patrick wrote:
Before she got fed up and quit last month, it wasn't uncommon for Darenisha Mills to keep working after her shift ended at the McDonald's in Pontiac, Mich., where she was a cashier.
"They're asking you to clean the bathrooms, sweep the lobby, run the register," the 26-year-old told The Huffington Post, "but they don't pay you anything for the time you work over."
The formal name for that is wage theft, which occurs when an employer withholds pay rightfully earned by an hourly worker. It happens in a variety of ways, from not paying for overtime, to denying mandated breaks, to subtracting hours from employees' weekly total.
84% of "those who responded?"

Payroll shenanigans are rampant in the fast food industry__particularly in the smaller franchise deals(3 stores or fewer). Some actually pay employees on bank cards that charge fees. Others, expect workers to put in extra time for free or will offer food, drinks as a trade off.

Nothing new__lower wage people have had to put up with bs for going on ever.

In the end though, the employers that chisel get what they pay for.

Location hidden

#1116644 Apr 12, 2014
Gynger wrote:
<quoted text> Um, I don't remember saying that! Can you please refresh my memory? The last conversation I remember was about liberals use of the word "retard".
I stand corrected. I went back 400 posts and discovered it was Carol with whom I was conversing about religion, not you. And, it was she who said, "I'd rather change the subject if you wouldn't mind." You two are so much alike I get you confused and I didn't get home until 2 am this morning so I'm obviously still foggy. My apology for the misstep.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1116645 Apr 12, 2014
Gynger wrote:
<quoted text> Yes, I love facts too!
"A tortoise isn’t the reason why BLM is harassing a 67 year-old rancher. They want his land. The tortoise wasn’t of concern when Harry Reid worked BLM to literally change the boundaries of the tortoise’s habitat to accommodate the development of his top donor, Harvey Whittemore. Whittemore was convicted of illegal campaign contributions to Senator Reid. Reid’s former senior adviser is now the head of BLM. Reid is accused of using the new BLM chief as a puppet to control Nevada land (already over 84% of which is owned by the federal government) and pay back special interests. BLM has proven that they’ve a situational concern for the desert tortoise as they’ve had no problem waiving their rules concerning wind or solar power development. Clearly these developments have vastly affected a tortoise habitat more than a century-old, quasi-homesteading grazing area. If only Clive Bundy were a big Reid donor.
BLM has also tried to argue that the rules have changed, long after Bundy claims he secured rights and paid his dues to Clark County, Nevada. BLM says they supersede whatever agreement Bundy had prior; they demanded that he reduce his living, his thousand-some-odd head of cattle down to a tiny herd of 150. It’s easy for the government to grant itself powers of overreach, but it doesn’t make it right. Many bad things are done in the name of unjust laws. Just look at Obamacare. This heavy-handed tactic has run the other ranchers from the area and now Bundy is the last one. He’s the last one because he stood up to the federal government.
- See more at: http://danaloeschradio.com/the-real-story-of-...
"They wan't his land???" ROFLMAO

Another genius arrives from the game threads.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1116646 Apr 12, 2014
Gynger wrote:
<quoted text> Yes, I love facts too!
"A tortoise isn’t the reason why BLM is harassing a 67 year-old rancher. They want his land. The tortoise wasn’t of concern when Harry Reid worked BLM to literally change the boundaries of the tortoise’s habitat to accommodate the development of his top donor, Harvey Whittemore. Whittemore was convicted of illegal campaign contributions to Senator Reid. Reid’s former senior adviser is now the head of BLM. Reid is accused of using the new BLM chief as a puppet to control Nevada land (already over 84% of which is owned by the federal government) and pay back special interests. BLM has proven that they’ve a situational concern for the desert tortoise as they’ve had no problem waiving their rules concerning wind or solar power development. Clearly these developments have vastly affected a tortoise habitat more than a century-old, quasi-homesteading grazing area. If only Clive Bundy were a big Reid donor.
BLM has also tried to argue that the rules have changed, long after Bundy claims he secured rights and paid his dues to Clark County, Nevada. BLM says they supersede whatever agreement Bundy had prior; they demanded that he reduce his living, his thousand-some-odd head of cattle down to a tiny herd of 150. It’s easy for the government to grant itself powers of overreach, but it doesn’t make it right. Many bad things are done in the name of unjust laws. Just look at Obamacare. This heavy-handed tactic has run the other ranchers from the area and now Bundy is the last one. He’s the last one because he stood up to the federal government.
- See more at: http://danaloeschradio.com/the-real-story-of-...
o again with the turtle? what in hell does tha have to do with anything here? why do you parrot things you don't even understand/ do you enjoy looking stupid?

again, this guy has had TWO DECADES to find legal standing for this supposed agreement he thinks he had...it did not stand up to our laws.

there is nothing unjust about these laws. he wants to use this land without paying for it..

he is a thief..

there is nothing you can parrot that will change these facts.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1116647 Apr 12, 2014
Patrick wrote:
Before she got fed up and quit last month, it wasn't uncommon for Darenisha Mills to keep working after her shift ended at the McDonald's in Pontiac, Mich., where she was a cashier.
"They're asking you to clean the bathrooms, sweep the lobby, run the register," the 26-year-old told The Huffington Post, "but they don't pay you anything for the time you work over."
The formal name for that is wage theft, which occurs when an employer withholds pay rightfully earned by an hourly worker. It happens in a variety of ways, from not paying for overtime, to denying mandated breaks, to subtracting hours from employees' weekly total.
so, quitting was the right choice for her.....

lots of people work many extra hours without getting paid.....

Location hidden

#1116649 Apr 12, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>600,000 acres of federal land. The teabag lemmings are merely parroting the FOX line.
Cliven Bundy owes the government "at least" $1,000,000,000 is grazing fees going back some 20 years. He's a nutbag.
600,000 acres!!! OMG! Why would anyone in their right mind support this snake's position?

I read this morning that the director of the Bureau of Land Management has stopped the round-up. What's wrong with these people? The sale of those cattle by the BLM will go a long way into paying Bundy's bill. After 20 years of warnings, he does not deserve another break and stopping the round-up because "of our serious concern about the safety of employees and members of the public" is a cop out. They are letting this snake call the plays. Shame on the BLM.

The BLM's statement:

"As we have said from the beginning of the gather to remove illegal cattle from federal land consistent with court orders, a safe and peaceful operation is our number one priority. After one week, we have made progress in enforcing two recent court orders to remove the trespass cattle from public lands that belong to all Americans.

"Based on information about conditions on the ground, and in consultation with law enforcement, we have made a decision to conclude the cattle gather because of our serious concern about the safety of employees and members of the public.

"We ask that all parties in the area remain peaceful and law-abiding as the Bureau of Land Management and National Park Service work to end the operation in an orderly manner."

http://www.mynews3.com/content/news/story/Bec...

St. Croix valley

#1116650 Apr 12, 2014
Gynger wrote:
Sheriff announces BLM standing down! more to follow
probably will turn out to mean they have the seized property and are leaving with it...

Location hidden

#1116651 Apr 12, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
so, you don 't have a problem if local authorities forcibly round up homeless people (a/k/a squatters) and remove them from town.....
No comparison.

Location hidden

#1116652 Apr 12, 2014
Gynger wrote:
<quoted text> It is being mishandled and seems like the government is trying to force a confrontation. Violence is never the answer. What happened to the diplomacy for keeping the peace? Isn't that what this administration advocates?
"

"Force a confrontation?" The government has been trying to resolve this issue using diplomacy for 20 years!!! Bundy is the one who has forced the confrontation. I'd say it's time to arrest this prick and toss him in jail. Problem is...he's a wealthy rancher (won't be so wealthy when he pays us the $1 million he owes us) and most likely a good friend of the sheriff.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1116653 Apr 12, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
so what's with the turtle reference in this BLM issue? it has nothing to do with it but is being parroted across the blogosphere..
which talking head is this being parroted from?
Q. When did tensions boil over?

A. Things came to a head when environmentalists threatened to sue the agency to protect the endangered desert tortoise that lives on the land where Bundy’s cattle grazed. The BLM said Bundy’s cattle trampled the tortoise’s habitat. But officials also say the operation was a last resort. In a statement, the agency said:“In this case, the BLM and the National Park Service have made repeated attempts to resolve the matter with Mr. Bundy administratively and judicially for over 20 years. Mr. Bundy has also failed to comply with multiple court orders to remove his cattle from the federal lands and to end the illegal trespass.”

http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2014/apr/11/q...

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1116654 Apr 12, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Whoops__to many zeros__should read $1 million.
They will spend well over that to remove the cows. Dumb government at work.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1116655 Apr 12, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
No comparison.
how is it any different????.....

people occupying public land without paying......

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1116656 Apr 12, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Family dollar is opening about 25 new stores this month alone, none in VA though. Problem is that Dollar Stores, Dollar Tree and similar all expanded with new stores due to cheaper land prices, lower construction costs and "favors" from the municipalities they build in.
I find those stores very handy for certain items such as cleaning products.
Dollar Tree is based here in Chesapeake. Their mega-warehouse is less than 5 miles from here.

St. Croix valley

#1116657 Apr 12, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Q. When did tensions boil over?
A. Things came to a head when environmentalists threatened to sue the agency to protect the endangered desert tortoise that lives on the land where Bundy’s cattle grazed. The BLM said Bundy’s cattle trampled the tortoise’s habitat. But officials also say the operation was a last resort. In a statement, the agency said:“In this case, the BLM and the National Park Service have made repeated attempts to resolve the matter with Mr. Bundy administratively and judicially for over 20 years. Mr. Bundy has also failed to comply with multiple court orders to remove his cattle from the federal lands and to end the illegal trespass.”
http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2014/apr/11/q...
tensions boiled over when the feds acted on court orders and seized the property to pay this thief's debt for stealing federal property for decades...

try to keep the facts straight.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1116658 Apr 12, 2014
Gynger wrote:
<quoted text>
Please show me where Republican's have rewritten Alinsky's Rules for Radicals....I can't find it anywhere. But these tactics look very familiar coming from the liberals I've encountered on Topix:
The rules
“Power is not only what you have, but what the enemy thinks you have."
“Never go outside the expertise of your people.”
“Whenever possible, go outside the expertise of the enemy.”
“Make the enemy live up to its own book of rules.”
“Ridicule is man’s most potent weapon.”
“A good tactic is one your people enjoy.”
“A tactic that drags on too long becomes a drag.”
“Keep the pressure on. Never let up.”
“The threat is usually more terrifying than the thing itself.”
"The major premise for tactics is the development of operations that will maintain a constant pressure upon the opposition."
“If you push a negative hard enough, it will push through and become a positive.”
“The price of a successful attack is a constructive alternative.”
“Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it.”
Enjoy!

http://www.amazon.com/Rules-Conservative-Radi...

Location hidden

#1116659 Apr 12, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
so what's with the turtle reference in this BLM issue? it has nothing to do with it but is being parroted across the blogosphere..
which talking head is this being parroted from?
In 1993, the BLM modified Bundy's grazing rights to protect the endangered desert tortoise. That's when Bundy stopped paying grazing fees. Bundy argued in court that the U.S. government didn't own the land, he did (he lost).

In typical Fox "news" style, they used the situation as an excuse to attack the Endangered Species Act (ESA). Cretins.

Location hidden

#1116660 Apr 12, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Family dollar is opening about 25 new stores this month alone, none in VA though. Problem is that Dollar Stores, Dollar Tree and similar all expanded with new stores due to cheaper land prices, lower construction costs and "favors" from the municipalities they build in.
I find those stores very handy for certain items such as cleaning products.
Dollar Store has good management. Family Dollar not so much.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 49 min wojar 182,116
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Earthling-1 49,334
For a meat-centric dinner, meet at Skrine Chops (Jan '08) 2 hr Reddog 6
delhi female 5 hr yatharth 1
Fight at Navy Pier 5 hr joey 1
abby 12-26 6 hr Mister Tonka 4
amy 12-26 6 hr Mister Tonka 4
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago