Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1484363 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1118095 Apr 14, 2014
Never question when a Progressive Politician lectures you about CLIMATE science research and accuracy...

fudging RESEARCH reports...

Philippe Bois, Ph.D., former postdoctoral fellow, Department of Biochemistry, St. Jude Children's Research Hospital

'...Knowingly and intentionally falsely reporting that FOXO1a was not expressed in cell lysates from alveolar rhabdomyosarcoma (ARMS) tumor biopsies...'

https://ori.hhs.gov/content/case-summary-bois...

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#1118096 Apr 14, 2014
Jesus Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know, man... pecker jokes? At your age?...
Jokes about peckers are timeless. They've been laughed at since man fist started walking upright.

“Stop Child Soldiers”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1118097 Apr 14, 2014
Oh my: Obama approval rating in MN 36/54

http://kstp.com/news/stories/S3398441.shtml...
Jesus Christ

Chantilly, VA

#1118098 Apr 14, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
Never question when a Progressive Politician lectures you about CLIMATE science research and accuracy...
falsified ad fabricated research data...
Mona Thiruchelvam, Ph.D., University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey
'...Respondent engaged in research misconduct by falsifying and fabricating cell count data that she claimed to have obtained through stereological methods in order to falsely report the effects of combined exposure of the pesticides paraquat and maneb on dopaminergic neuronal death and a neuroprotective role for estrogen in a murine model of Parkinson's disease.'
https://ori.hhs.gov/content/case-summary-thir...
I don't think you established a link between progressive politicians lecturing about climate science and whoever these other people are doing whatever it is they may be doing? Nor is it at all clear that "Progressive" means any more to you than "researcher," or "professor?" What, are these jobs that conservatives don't hold?

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#1118099 Apr 14, 2014
CBO: Obamacare Will Cost Less Than Projected, Cover 12 Million Uninsured People This Year

""WASHINGTON -- The Congressional Budget Office has released updated estimates on the Affordable Care Act's impact on both the budget and the health insurance industry. The findings show that the president's signature health care law is actually growing cheaper to implement, costing the government $5 billion less in 2014 than was previously projected. The law also is projected to cover more individuals than previously believed, owing, in part, to some broader workforce trends.""

----------

You asshats have lost. Obamacare is becoming more popular by the day.

----------

Popularity For Obamacare Hits All-Time High In Latest ABC/Washington Post Poll

By: Justin Baragonamore from Justin Baragona
Monday, March, 31st, 2014, 6:34 pm

----------

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Location hidden

#1118100 Apr 14, 2014
flack wrote:
The Progressives have moved us so far away from the federal government created by the Constitution that our government is now a national government that has proved to be as harmful to individual liberty and our prosperity as the governments our founding fathers fled.
And you're stilll an idiot who talks thru his butthole.

The stench gives you away .
Jesus Christ

Chantilly, VA

#1118101 Apr 14, 2014
flack wrote:
The Progressives have moved us so far away from the federal government created by the Constitution that our government is now a national government that has proved to be as harmful to individual liberty and our prosperity as the governments our founding fathers fled.
So... what have we learned from this experiment?...
Jesus Christ

Chantilly, VA

#1118102 Apr 14, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Aww, Nuc thinks anyone who questions the government has to be traitors.
LOL
No, just illiterates.

Since: Jul 08

We will not go gentle

#1118103 Apr 14, 2014
Jesus Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi, beautiful. That is a mighty cute little rascal... any relation?
My nephew...or were you asking if he was related to you? He's a doll.
Jesus Christ

Chantilly, VA

#1118104 Apr 14, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
Jokes about peckers are timeless. They've been laughed at since man fist started walking upright.
I'm confident you didn't mean that the way it came out...

Location hidden

#1118105 Apr 14, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Aww, Nuc thinks anyone who questions the government has to be traitors.
LOL
You're just butt hurt because I busted your stupidity about racial antisemitism and David Koresh.

I noticed you ran from both and fell into a defensive crouch! LOL

If you'd quit saying stupid stuff, your day will be easier.

“Stop Child Soldiers”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1118106 Apr 14, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny, you're the one who was attackiing the Gov't and defending Koresh. LOL
So I crushed your stupidity and you whine anew!!
Now you're backtracking again, caught with your pantaloons around your ankles and flies in your mussin..........
You do that a lot..........
Congress questioned the behavior of the agencies at Waco-moron.

You created a stupid itty bitty straw man.

You are really a putz who is throwing a tantrum because you got called on it.
Jesus Christ

Chantilly, VA

#1118107 Apr 14, 2014
I think it's likely, however, that you've stumbled across the answer as to HOW man learned to walk upright...

Location hidden

#1118108 Apr 14, 2014
Popularity For Obamacare Hits All-Time High In Latest ABC/Washington Post Poll

The good news keeps pouring in for supporters of the Affordable Care Act. Heading into the final day to signup for an individual health plan in the federal and state marketplaces, a new poll was released by ABC News and the Washington Post that shows the popularity for the ACA at an all-time high. For the first time in the poll’s history, more people have a favorable view of the health care law than those who oppose it.

In this most recent poll, 49% of Americans responded that they supported the ACA. Meanwhile, 48% said they were not in favor of the law. While this is hardly a huge difference, it does mark the first time that the poll has shown a net positive for the law in terms of popularity. Once before, in July 2012, the poll showed it even at 47-47. This also represented the overall high water mark for the law in this particular poll. The previous high was 48% in November 2009.

----------

Just as your side lost both elections to Obama, you've also lost the Affordable Care Act battle!!

Of course,you folks are born losers. You display your loser status every day with your hatred for America and your fellow Americans.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#1118109 Apr 14, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yeah...that's not how it works.
i see you have trouble with knowing what happens in the real world...
Like you haven't noticed that the man with "...a pen and a phone..." has no respect for how things "should" work", legally? His actions are those of an arrogant, invading monarch, having no regard for existing laws of the land.

Do you have a spare bedroom? Don't be surprised when the gov't forces a room mate down your throat.
Jesus Christ

Chantilly, VA

#1118110 Apr 14, 2014
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>My nephew...or were you asking if he was related to you? He's a doll.
Yes, he's very cute... and HOW could he be related to me under these difficult circumstances... I don't get to talk with you anymore... are you ok?

Location hidden

#1118111 Apr 14, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny, it's mostly gay men who make pecker jokes..........your interest in other men's equipment puts you in that group.

So you support Gay marriage?? Next you'll tell us you're not a birfer or a racist!

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#1118112 Apr 14, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
You were busted in a lie. other than childish potty talk, you have nothing but lies, you fraud.
What, cornholingliberal? I didn't let the cat outa' the bag, did I?

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1118113 Apr 14, 2014
LMAO!!!!

MESQUITE, Nev.- A day after blinking in a showdown on the range, federal land managers pledged to pursue efforts to resolve a conflict with a southern Nevada rancher who has refused to pay grazing fees for 20 years.

Bureau of Land Management spokesman Craig Leff said the agency would continue to try to resolve the matter involving rancher Cliven Bundy "administratively and judicially." Bundy owes more than $1 million in grazing fees, according to the bureau.

"The door isn't closed. We'll figure out how to move forward with this," he said Sunday. He declined to comment on possible options.

Bundy did not respond to requests for comment.

The fight between Bundy and the Bureau of Land Management widened into a debate about states' rights and federal land-use policy. Bundy does not recognize federal authority on land he insists belongs to Nevada. The debate over who is right became so heated that a self-described armed local militia has come to his aide.

cliven-bundy-484181373.jpg
Rancher Cliven Bundy poses for a photo outside his ranch house on April 11, 2014, west of Mesquite, Nevada. GEORGE FREY/GETTY IMAGES

However, even some of Bundy's own neighbors don't buy his arguments, reports CBS affiliate KLAS in Las Vegas.

"I feel that the rule of law supercedes armed militias coming in from all over the country to stand with a law-breaking rancher, which is what he is" Mesquite resident Elaine Hurd told KLAS.

Play VIDEO
Nevada rancher gets cattle back after feud with feds
On Saturday, the bureau released about 400 head of cattle it had seized from Bundy back to him only hours after announcing a premature halt to the roundup due to safety concerns. The operation, expected to take up to a month, ended after only a week.

The cattle were freed after hundreds of states' rights protesters, some of them armed militia members, showed up at corrals outside Mesquite to demand the animals' release.

Las Vegas Police Lt. Dan Zehnder told The Associated Press that Clark County Sheriff Doug Gillespie was able to negotiate a resolution after talking with Bundy.

But Leff stressed that the bureau did not take part in the negotiations.

"The BLM and National Park Service did not cut any deal and negotiate anything," he said. "There was no deal we made."

The several hundred cows gathered during the roundup were short of the BLM's goal of 900 cows that it says have been trespassing on U.S. land without required grazing permits for over 20 years.

The showdown over Bundy's cattle was the latest chapter in the Sagebrush Rebellion, which was launched by Nevada lawmakers in the 1970s in an attempt to turn control of federal land to the states.

Environmentalists accused the bureau of capitulating to threats of violence from armed Bundy supporters and urged them to pursue action against the rancher.

"The BLM has a sacred duty to manage our public lands in the public interest, to treat all users equally and fairly," said Rob Mrowka, senior scientist with the Center for Biological Diversity. "Instead it is allowing a freeloading rancher and armed thugs to seize hundreds of thousands of acres of the people's land as their own fiefdom."

"The BLM is setting a dangerous precedent in announcing that it will pick and choose who has to follow federal laws and who it will reward for violating them," he added.

Leff declined to comment, reiterating that the bureau's top concern was the safety of its employees and the public.

In April 2012, the Center for Biological Diversity filed a notice of intent to sue the bureau for canceling a planned roundup of Bundy's cattle at the last minute.

The dispute that ultimately triggered last week's roundup dates to 1993, when the bureau cited concern for the federally protected desert tortoise in the region.

The bureau was implementing two federal court orders issued last year to remove Bundy's cattle after making repeated efforts to resolve the matter outside court
Jesus Christ

Chantilly, VA

#1118114 Apr 14, 2014
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Like you haven't noticed that the man with "...a pen and a phone..." has no respect for how things "should" work", legally? His actions are those of an arrogant, invading monarch, having no regard for existing laws of the land.
Do you have a spare bedroom? Don't be surprised when the gov't forces a room mate down your throat.
As long as he's gentle...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 6 min TRUMPTRUMPTRUMP 234,709
Are democrats destroyed? 9 min HEADBASH-EM 270
"Wooden Girl" a bit Weird 17 min Super cool 3
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 25 min SweLL GirL 10,107
Obama shuns Chicago 27 min Black Liquorish M... 1
29 people shot in about 24 hours: It's not even... 30 min American Carnage 7
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 1 hr RACE 3,550

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages