Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1406198 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1117888 Apr 14, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
And that explains Holder going to Mexico and discussing this program with his Mexican counterparts in 2009, which Holder committed a felony when he lied about this to Congress.
But, since you're discussing this, we have some questions:
Who authorized increasing the number of weapons from 200 to 2,000?
Who ordered the GPS tracking devices not be used, as was used in all the weapons previous to Holder taking over control of the operation?
Who ordered the BATF agents to not track the illegal gun purchasers, as was done prior to Holder taking over control of the operation?
Who ordered the BATF agents to not intercept the weapons before they entered Mexico, as had been the practice before Holder taking control of the operation?
Kindly explain to us how, before Holder took control of the operation, almost 100 percent of the weapons illegally purchased were intercepted before they entered Mexico, and after Holder took control of the operation, ZERO percent of the weapons illegally purchased were intercepted before they entered Mexico.
Obviously, Holder should go to prison for lying to Congress about his involvement, as evidenced by his discussions in Mexico in 2009 about this program, which he denied. Whom else should we send to prison?
None of these questions can be answered because the Little Boy In The Big Pants signed an Executive Order shutting down any further release of information.

"My administration will be the most transparent one in history"

---- Magic Negro

Since: Mar 14

Orlando, FL

#1117889 Apr 14, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
When the Little Boy In The Big Pants said "Those shovel-ready jobs we were talking about were not exactly shovel-ready"
"Shovel ready jobs were not as shovel ready as we expected." Obama laughed when he said that as if it were some kind of private joke.

He pulled another one off on the easily fooled. Guess he couldn't help himself.

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#1117890 Apr 14, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Damn , I thought all you baggers loved BUSH???? Since he was president when that was said first.
Some jokes have to bide their time.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1117891 Apr 14, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
"History travels backwards and sideways"
WH website
Dammit, I wish Life could be simple and history would just remain where it's supposed to be.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#1117892 Apr 14, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not what I said. I said that there was a part of me that wished authorities would follow the lead of H.W. Bush at Ruby Ridge. IMO, confronting the growing militia movement and the "boastful show-off" Bundy with brute force would have been justified. And, yes, even deadly force if necessary in self-defense.
I do not agree with the BLM's retreat but I do understand their decision was necessary to avoid another Ruby Ridge. It's not over.
You should compare the situation to Waco-we were watching it live on TV when the Clinton administration mass murdered women and children--that would be a better comparison to get your point across.

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1117893 Apr 14, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
If the federal government doesn't even own the land, how the fuck does it have the authority to collect a tax on that land, moron.
I haven't seen any proof the federal government owns that land, moron.
Where's the proof the federal government owns the land?(To learn what constitutes proof of the federal government owning land, read the 5th Amendment to the Constitution.)
So, since there's no proof the federal government owns the land, and the rightful owners of the land, that being Clark County, didn't impose a tax on the use of the land, why should Bundy have to pay anything?
So, where's that proof the federal government owns the land?
I know that you thumb your nose at court orders but that doesn't make them any less enforceable.

"As this court previously ruled in United States v. Bundy, Case No. CV-S-
98-531-JBR (RJJ)(D. Nev. Nov. 4, 1998),“the public lands in Nevada are the property of the
United States because the United States has held title to those public lands since 1848, when
Mexico ceded the land to the United States.” CV-S-98-531 at 8 (citing United States v. Gardner,107 F.3d 1314, 1318 (9th Cir. 1997))."

The Bundy family was never issued any land grant. I have a copy of an 1839 land grant issued to one of my ancestors for 48,000 acres here in California. Bundy has no such proof of ownership because he and his family NEVER owned the land.

http://www.thewildlifenews.com/wp-content/upl...

Prevented this

#1117894 Apr 14, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
You keep ignoring the FACT that this has been an ongoing case for twenty years. It has nothing to do with a "giant solar farm". The first court order, dated November 3, 1998, ordered Bundy to remove his livestock from the Allotment before November 30, 1998. THAT is the issue. Your claim that there was a plan in place over 15 years ago to allow the construction of a solar farm is ridiculous and insane.
is this your new script today? FACT: you were blaming President Reagan just a few days ago. What gives? He is your new script: Harry Reid should be removed from office.

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#1117895 Apr 14, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
The "line" is the Constitution, moron. Everyone you pay homage to took an oath to toe that line.
So, what's your real complaint? Perhaps that Constitution is a little inconvenient to your plan to take over the country and institute a totalitarian dictatorship?
It would be nice if you'd actually read the U S Constitution before posting your insufferable clap trap .

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1117896 Apr 14, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Clark County paid for the lease. The issue is between him and Clark County-not the FEDs.
Yes, now that this has came to the spotlight these court cases are going to get real interesting as the FEDs will have more competent lawyers opposing them.
No. The grazing rights were retired. Beside, the U.S. government does not allow sub-leases. The U.S. government owns the land and Bundy is not authorized to have cattle on their land.

“Depends on the Day”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1117897 Apr 14, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not what I said. I said that there was a part of me that wished authorities would follow the lead of H.W. Bush at Ruby Ridge. IMO, confronting the growing militia movement and the "boastful show-off" Bundy with brute force would have been justified. And, yes, even deadly force if necessary in self-defense.
I do not agree with the BLM's retreat but I do understand their decision was necessary to avoid another Ruby Ridge. It's not over.
You said, "I "almost" wish the authorities would do the same as they did at Ruby Ridge."

What fool does not understand the outrage that occurred against the agencies involved when they did the same thing at Waco.

There was a round of hearings following Waco in which the agencies were also taken to task for Ruby Ridge.

"But Bush"
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1117898 Apr 14, 2014
Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
More Glow Bull Warming coming. Snow....
OMG - Where's DumbDave?
Your promotion of gross ignorance is not helpful for your programmed stupid. Stupid.

“Come Home America!”

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#1117899 Apr 14, 2014
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>You should compare the situation to Waco-we were watching it live on TV when the Clinton administration mass murdered women and children--that would be a better comparison to get your point across.
Yes ,do compare it to 'WACO. Under Eric Holder 's Justice Department , this situation in Nevada was 'peaceably resolved ' by the Federal authorities working with local law enforcement.

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#1117900 Apr 14, 2014
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text> in Chicago there were only 37 people shot shot over the weekend, all blacks and messicans--4 so far were killed, they are considered late term abortions to the democrats, no big deal.
Did you resolve that situation we spoke of?

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1117901 Apr 14, 2014
Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
You're just upset because the rancher wouldn't let you and your fellow Democrat woman graze on the same land! Next time, get some stretch pants that have the right brand mark that will show on you fat azz, libtarded airhead!
Your immaturity is getting worse. I would suggest you see a doctor. Could be early Alzheimers.

Prevented this

#1117902 Apr 14, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
A lot has happened since 1998. That story is a sad commentary on the state of the economy due to the Bush administration and an uncompromising Congress.
1680 is a Lock step boot jack brown shirt: FACT-the only problem is she is capable of doing much as an invalid. The only running she can do is with her mouth. Oh now I get it-Stretchy Pants are easy for Yeah hoo to put on her...ooooooooooo.

Orlando, FL

#1117903 Apr 14, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
So now Dupie is a spokesperson for Jesus Christ. How kind of you:->
Give unto Caesar that which is Caesar's and give unto God that which is God's.
Jesus Christ's faith somehow would preclude an acknowledgement of government's role in society, he?
I think The Son of Man needs a new spokesperson, Doodette.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHA......
Isn't it typical progressive liberals want to take ownership of Jesus Christ to justify their gullibility in believing deceivers who want them to think they're intentions are purely Christ-like while silencing anyone who professes to have Christian values and screaming separation of church and state at the same time?

It's that liberal rock and a hard place again. Liberal boulder is more like it.

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1117904 Apr 14, 2014
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>Fact is:
Contractors were paid $966,000 to put the cattle into temporary pens and remove them from the area over the weekend. Democrats don't care how much of the taxpayers money they spend to get what they want. Hairy Balls Reid has now shut down his email box and his phone is off.
Frankly I am surprised to see you here. I figured it was you or your husband Yeah hoo that shot the Jews in Kansas. The guy yelled Heil Hitler and shot the place up .Just like your husband yeah has been spewing for years--those nice Nazies yeah loves so much. And then he went on to blame the Jews for every thing wrong in the world--just like YOU. I also noticed he was A grand wizzard democrat...now as we observe the start of Passover we have to worry about loons like you shooting us (I wonder how many more guns you have bought at those garage sales). Good thing we have conceal and carry in my state. The Illinois Synagogues will have armed security-if it isn't the crazed anti-Israel democrats like usmsince1947-it is the muzzies.
Just like you to turn a discussion about cattle into one about Jews. You really are really a sick freak.

By the way, through court order, every tax dollar spent on solving this issue is added to Bundy's tab.

“Come Home America!”

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#1117905 Apr 14, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
"Shovel ready jobs were not as shovel ready as we expected." Obama laughed when he said that as if it were some kind of private joke.
He pulled another one off on the easily fooled. Guess he couldn't help himself.
Since the Economic Recovery Act was signed into law in 2009 , unemployment levels have dropped ever since, and we've enjoyed 60+ months of job creation. "Stimulus

^Stimulus
^Cut taxes for employees by 400-800 dollars
^Created 6 million jobs
^kept 12 million people out of poverty" Obama accomplishments http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/11/23/1257... via @dailykos

Orlando, FL

#1117906 Apr 14, 2014
Mentioned last night having internet and even intermittent cable service problems. Switching servers this week. But can only post off and on.

Just FYI.
Patricangelily

Palm Coast, FL

#1117907 Apr 14, 2014
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Then he's an idiot too
I know, but unfortunately he will still be president a few more years.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 32 min District 1 219,775
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 32 min Maverick 808 103,168
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Into The Night 60,670
Cure For Prescription Drug Addiction ! 3 hr Not True 2
Frank Underwood Here: I Could Sure Use Some Hel... 4 hr Claire Underwood 9
last post wins! (Apr '13) 4 hr Retired SOF 1,272
News 15 Wounded In Tuesday Shootings Across Chicago 4 hr Resident 4

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages