Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1578884 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#1118037 Apr 14, 2014
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>
"Rightwingers understand very little" - Homer
So do you. You're reminded of it every time you take a piss.;)
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1118038 Apr 14, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
the guy ran for office. twice.
first time as a democrat, second as a republican.
how ya gonna spin that after this?
Miller then went on to heap praise on former Republican Presidential candidate Patrick Buchanan, calling him,“one of the few journalists to speak out against Jewish domination of the country.”
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/04/14/kansas-...
i figured it'd take you nutjobs about 2 seconds to start calling him a democrat. though why doesn't make much sense after laying claim to the lawbreaking rancher. though i guess if he killed someone he would then be a democrat.
not that it matters to you people, but all thee victims of the Kansas shooter were Christians.....
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1118039 Apr 14, 2014
Never question when a Progressive Politician lectures you about CLIMATE science research and accuracy.....

falsifying data...

'...ORI found that Dr. Terry S. Elton, Professor, College of Pharmacy and Davis Heart and Lung Research Institute, OSU, engaged in research misconduct in research supported by National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute (NHLBI), National Institutes of Health (NIH)...

Respondent engaged in research misconduct by falsifying and/or fabricating data that were included in 1 R21 HD058997-01, 1 R21 HD058997-01A1, 1 R21 HD058997-01A2, 1 RC1 HL100298-01...'

https://ori.hhs.gov/content/case-summary-elto...
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1118040 Apr 14, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
You have to either believe the author of that book is credible or he isn't. There's no in between.
If he is, it changes the whole narrative about LBJ's perspective on civil rights.
If he isn't, Kessler perpetrated false witness against a former president in the most conceivably possible egregious way.
But while a reporter for the Wall Street Journal in the New York bureau, Kessler's reporting won awards from the American Political Science Association, United Press International and the Associated Press.
And six of his books have been on the New York Times Bestseller list.
Guess everyone will have to decide for themselves. But that one statement changes the entire landscape if what LBJ allegedly said is true.
you should google 'lynching' and LBJ...he had some nice comments on that subject way before he hit the natl stage....

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#1118041 Apr 14, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
The government never paid "just compensation" to Clark County or the state of Nevada, moron. And, Clark County paid for a lease of land they didn' thave to pay because the federal government doesn't even own the land.
So, if the lease was paid, why does the federal government want more money paid?
Now, tell us why Obama can't use that federal government paramilitary unit to secure the border we are being invaded through.
The Federal Government paid Mexico for the land. You're just too stupid to comprehend.

Therefore, it belongs to the Federal Government, not Nevada. Nevada didn't exist when our Gov't bought the land.

Be clear. Federal land is land owned by all Americans and managed by the Government.. F*ck this Bundy azzhole. It is not his land in any way, shape, or form.

If he was black, you Teabag scum would be calliing for him to be shot.
Jesus Christ

Chantilly, VA

#1118042 Apr 14, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
So do you. You're reminded of it every time you take a piss.;)
I'm sorry, but this sounds suspiciously like another pee-pee, poo-poo "joke?" Et tu, Bluto?

“Stop child soldiers ”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1118043 Apr 14, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
the guy ran for office. twice.
first time as a democrat, second as a republican.
how ya gonna spin that after this?
Miller then went on to heap praise on former Republican Presidential candidate Patrick Buchanan, calling him,“one of the few journalists to speak out against Jewish domination of the country.”
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/04/14/kansas-...
i figured it'd take you nutjobs about 2 seconds to start calling him a democrat. though why doesn't make much sense after laying claim to the lawbreaking rancher. though i guess if he killed someone he would then be a democrat.
LOL, it was the progressive morons trying to make it political hours after the shooting-I don't think the police had released the bodies before your side started.

His last run for office was MO-7 as a Dem.

The guy was a crazy Neo Nazi who had no political ideology and you are not taking the high road here.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1118044 Apr 14, 2014
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
The men were, why didn't they let the women and children leave? Many of the children were shot and some stabbed by Branch Davidians themselves; they thought they would all go down together in an end of times scenario. David Koresh was raping those children and those children had his children. He likely started the fires himself. I can't believe that you would favor an anti government militia, rapist cult leader.
Anyone who pulls a gun on a cop gets killed; the cops killed a young man here in my town who was having mental health issues; they said he had a screwdriver, now the claim it was a knife; the cop shot him to death.
Why didn't Koresh come out and surrender and save his cult? What is wrong with you woman?
Obama isn't aggressive with foreign enemies? HAAA! Have you heard of the Drone program? You just make stuff up in your own head. Bundy is a squatter and a thief; period.
The feds show up, you surrender or you die. Nothing new here. You pull a gun on a federal agent, you die. Period.
Carol and the other Teanuts are suddenly on a sovereign citizen kick. They were cheering when Wesley Snipes reported to prison for playing the sovereign citizen card.

Racist pukes!

If Randy Weaver would have pulled his stunt in my town or yours__Sheriffs department SWAT would have snuffed his azz out in two hours or less.

Koresh is not even worth talking about.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1118045 Apr 14, 2014
Never question when a Progressive Politician lectures you about CLIMATE science research and accuracy.....

fabricated data...

'Marc Hauser, Ph.D., Harvard University: Based on the report of an investigation conducted by Harvard University (Harvard)..

...Respondent published fabricated data in Figure 2 of the paper Hauser, M.D., Weiss, D., & Marcus, G. "Rule learning by cotton-top tamarins." Cognition 86:B15-B22, 2002, which reported data on experiments designed to determine whether tamarin monkeys habituated to a sound pattern consisting of three sequential syllables (for example AAB) would then distinguish a different sound pattern (i.e., ABB). Figure 2 is a bar graph showing results obtained with 14 monkeys exposed either to the same or different sound patterns than they were habituated to. Because the tamarins were never exposed to the same sound pattern after habituation, half of the data in the graph was fabricated.'

https://ori.hhs.gov/content/case-summary-haus...
Jesus Christ

Chantilly, VA

#1118046 Apr 14, 2014
I confess I'm disappointed... for a while I thought... you might be different but this incident has called that judgement into question... Much in the same way that Russia invading the Crimea gives the lie to a tecan looking in Vladimir Putin's eyes and determining the contents of his soul...

Location hidden

#1118047 Apr 14, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
The low here tonight: 23
High tomorrow: 35
1-2" of snow coming.
I'm going to make an Al Gore Snowman and then let my dog urinate on it.
Of course, you're too stupid to understand the difference between weather and climate.

You're a numbskull Teabagger!!

----------

""The Earth had its fourth-warmest year on record in 2013, equaling the level set in 2003, scientists from the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) announced Tuesday.

The average temperature across global land and ocean surfaces was 1.12 degrees above the 20th-century average and marks the 37th consecutive year (since 1976) that the annual temperature was above the long-term average.

All of the top 10 warmest years on record have occurred since 1998. The warmest year on record was 2010, NOAA reported.

Global temperature records go back to 1880."

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

Gauley Bridge WV

#1118048 Apr 14, 2014
But ambitious encroachments of the federal government, on the authority of the State governments, would not excite the opposition of a single State, or of a few States only. They would be signals of general alarm... But what degree of madness could ever drive the federal government to such an extremity.
-= Federalist No. 46, January 29, 1788 =- James Madison
Jesus Christ

Chantilly, VA

#1118049 Apr 14, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
not that it matters to you people, but all thee victims of the Kansas shooter were Christians.....
Certainly doesn't bother me, I think we've established that the rules governing admittance are pretty liberal in that club...

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#1118050 Apr 14, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
best one of the day....
After Slamming Obama As "Lawless," Right-Wing Critics Cheer Lawless Rancher Waging "War" On Government
For commentators who claim to despise lawlessness and who have attacked the Obama administration for allegedly feeding disorder and politicizing it, conservatives were quick to embrace a lawless Nevada rancher who for two decades has refused to pay federal grazing fees on public land and is now promoting his cattle crusade as a war against the federal government.
According to the right wing media, paying the obvious penalty for openly refusing to obey the law for decades suddenly translates into victimhood for rancher Cliven Bundy and "harassment" by the government, as conservative commentator Dana Loesch tried to spin away Bundy's contempt for law and order.
Aside from ignoring the law, Bundy and his armed, anti-government supporters have repeatedly threatened violence and fanned the flames of confrontation with revolutionary, insurrectionist rhetoric, like declaring a "Range War." ("Serious bloodshed was narrowly avoided," the Las Vegas Review-Journal reported last week from the site of the flash point.)
All of the incendiary rhetoric and the loaded allegations about a tyrannical government has been marketed and promoted by Fox News and the rest of the conservative media, which claims to revere America as a nation of laws; the same Fox News that declared war on Occupy Wall Street protesters in 2011 and condemned them for being lawless.("Domestic terrorists"!)
But now, suddenly the rules of engagement have shifted. Bundy is a right-wing hero and a massive Fox News flip-flop has taken place.
http://mediamatters.org/blog/2014/04/14/after...
Benghazi is kind of dying off on MM. not a big deal anymore as the FOX talking heads keep pointing out.
this is what I like about liberals, they propagated killing Jews and then when one of there own liberal aka democrats kill a few Jews and shoot a bunch, they want to change the subject. Like usmsince1947 said: those us that support Israel are an embarrassment to you liberals. Notice you only see Democrats and only democrats, bashing the Jews.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1118051 Apr 14, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
So was the shooter. Your point?????
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1118052 Apr 14, 2014

falsifying data...

'Sinae Kim, Ph.D., Emory University...

Respondent knowingly and intentionally:

1. Falsified three (3) figures for immunocytochemistry and alkaline phosphtase (AP) staining images, karyotyping and real-time reverse transcription polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) results by using experimental results from her prior work in Korea with human embryonic stem cells (hESCs) to confirm the generation, differentiation, and verification of human induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSCs).'

just a tad off...

{a. Figures 1c and 2i (panels 4 & 13) in the Nature 2009, Science 2009, and Nature Biotechnology 2009 manuscripts and Supplementary Figure 4 in the Nature 2009 manuscript
b. Supplementary Figure 5 in the Nature Biotechnology 2009 manuscript
c. Figures S1B and S1D (panels 4 & 13) in the Blood 2009 manuscript
d. Supplementary Figures 8B and 8D (panels 4 & 13) in the Nature Medicine 2009 manuscript
e. Figure 9 in the RC1 GM092035 grant
f. Figure 8 in the R01 HL079137 grant
g. Figure 2 in the RC1 HL100648 grant
h. Figure 8 in the RC2 HL101600 grant
i. Figure 3 in the R01 HD067130 grant
j. Figure 1 in the RC4 HL106748 grant
k. Figures 1C, 1H, and 1I (panel 3) in the R03 HL096325 grant
l. Figure 5 in the U01 HL107444 grant
m. Figures 2C and 3I (panels 4 & 13) in the poster presented at the 2009 AHA meeting
n. The presentations `Figures--Sinae Kim--120808.ppt' and `Figures--Sinae Kim--121508.ppt'
o. The image file `HiPS--E1--x100.jpg'

2. Falsified one (1) figure for the real-time RT-PCR data for endogenous SOX2 expression in human iPSCs derived from dermal (HiPS-E1) and cardiac (HiPS-E2) fibroblasts and iPSCs generated from peripheral blood mononuclear cells derived from coronary artery disease patients (HiPS-ECP1, HiPS-ECP2, and HiPS-ECP3) by substituting real-time RT-PCR data for endogenous OCT4 expression in the forementioned cell lines. Specifically, the false data were included in:

a. Figure 2i (panels 2 & 5) in the Nature 2009, Science 2009, and Nature Biotechnology 2009 manuscripts
b. Figure S1D (panels 2 & 5) in the Blood 2009 manuscript
c. Supplementary Figure 8D (panels 2 & 5) in the Nature Medicine 2009 manuscript
d. Figure 3I (panels 2 & 5) in the poster presented at the 2009 AHA meeting
e. The presentations ``Figures--Sinae Kim--120808.ppt' and `Figures--Sinae Kim--121508.ppt'

3. Falsified data in two (2) PowerPoint presentations for RT-PCR data of osteogenic-specific gene expression in bone marrow cells by substituting data for RT-PCR data in primary bone-derived and Saos2-osteosarcoma cells.

4. Falsified one (1) figure for the real-time RT-PCR data of OCT4, SOX2, KLF4, c-MYC, NANOG, hTERT, REX1, and GDF3 fold-change expression levels in H1 hESCs, human cardiac and dermal fibroblasts, HiPS-E1, HiPS-E2, HiPS-ECP1, HiPS-ECP2, and HiPS-ECP3 cell lines by substituting data from various other cell lines that did not exist. Specifically, the false data were included in:

a. Figures 2a-h in the Nature 2009, Science 2009, and Nature Biotechnology 2009 manuscripts
b. Figure 10 in the RC1 GM092035 grant
c. Figure 9 in the R01 HL079137 grant
d. Figure 5 in the R01 HD067130 grant
e. Figure 3A-H in the poster presented at the AHA meeting
f. The presentations ``Figures--Sinae Kim--120808.ppt' and `Figures--Sinae Kim--121508.ppt'}

https://ori.hhs.gov/content/case-summary-kim-...
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1118053 Apr 14, 2014

falsified data...dealing with LUNG CANCER.....

'Jian Ma, Ph.D., Brigham and Women's Hospital and Harvard Medical School...'

"Respondent knowingly and intentionally fabricated and falsified data in portions of figures in an unpublished manuscript titled "TSC1 loss synergizes with KRAS activation in lung cancer development and confers rapamycin sensitivity"

https://ori.hhs.gov/content/case-summary-ma-j...

Location hidden

#1118054 Apr 14, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
the Kansas shooter visited this thread and learned hatred of all Jews from the Chicago scumbag and hatred of Israel from USAforever.......
blame these perennial Jew-haters for the results....
not to mention that the DemoKKKrat Party is officially pro-Palestinian and anti-Israel.....
That's pretty funny coming from a virulent anti semite like Nobraina, who's been calling Jean and Lily various Jewish insults for years here..........Bocajew anyone??

Your buddy Dweeb just vented his antisemitism..........

You teabaggers hate blacks first, Jews next. The guy in Kansas is a Teabagger.

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#1118055 Apr 14, 2014
Jesus Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry, but this sounds suspiciously like another pee-pee, poo-poo "joke?" Et tu, Bluto?
Keep it simple, I always say. We don't want to complicate the message with intricate metaphors.

Location hidden

#1118056 Apr 14, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
The government never paid "just compensation" to Clark County or the state of Nevada, moron. And, Clark County paid for a lease of land they didn' thave to pay because the federal government doesn't even own the land.
So, if the lease was paid, why does the federal government want more money paid?
Now, tell us why Obama can't use that federal government paramilitary unit to secure the border we are being invaded through.
The Gov't bought the land before there was a Nevada or Calrk County, you imbicile!!

The Gov't represents me. Nevada is trespassing on my land!! I want them to leave!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
last post wins! (Dec '10) 2 hr honeymylove 3,202
last post wins! (Apr '13) 2 hr honeymylove 2,603
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr ImPeach 242,522
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 2 hr Ricky F 105,230
Looking for a girl 3 hr Tyrone Harris 5
Hire Dedicated PHP Developers For 1 Week Free! 3 hr Medma Infomatix 1
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 4 hr SweLL GirL 11,160

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages