Barack Obama, our next President

There are 20 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Fake Teacher

Palm Coast, FL

#1116195 Apr 11, 2014
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Nope, not me...Eman, now, he was the one who insisted on correctly everyone's errors, even if they were non-existent. Of course, although he later claimed to be born in CA, English was a second language for him...(Notice, you didn't introduce any of the other poster who correct your error.)
You're OUT! LOL
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#1116196 Apr 11, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Just more of the same, old white men forcing their will and phony beliefs on the weaker sex. Not one of those lowlife bas-turds would have a baby. I hope the women come out in droves this year and clean those Neanderthals out of office once and forever. Disgusting bigoted fanatical bible thumping idiots.
so when are you going to tell us what you really think?

geez dood. i have to question 'disgusting'. i really think 'loathsome' would be more apt.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1116197 Apr 11, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
I did not lie about you.
Have you no shame that you whine about your wounds for hours
have no shame that you shit on your own words here daily?

St. Croix valley

#1116198 Apr 11, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
I did not lie about you (which is a childish reaction); I stated "you are braver about bashing Christians than Muslims."
Numerous Christian bashing posts very few Muslim.
No, I don't care what people say here. We are all strangers. Who knows you may be a nice guy and less emotional in the real world.
so is that permission for me to post whatever lies i want to about you on Topix?

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1116199 Apr 11, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
still feeling confident about your 401(k)????.....
One thing for sure. Everyone is better off than they were under Bush.

Location hidden

#1116200 Apr 11, 2014
Slash wrote:
<quoted text>
The kind that report to the mods feverishly?
Aw, yes. The whiners.

Location hidden

#1116201 Apr 11, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I'm not trying to convert you or anyone else on here. Just setting the record straight for woodtick who brought it up and had it wrong. And shared one of my own experiences in response to one of your posts.
As much as I would love to see everyone turn back to God and not big government, this forum is about big government and the dangers of progressive liberalism. At least for me.
Everyone has to find their own meaning in life and, for some, it just takes getting beat up enough by life to realize there's hope in something even greater than life itself.
But I'd rather change the subject if you wouldn't mind.
Changing the subject is a good idea. There are plenty of Topix forums on religion. We don't need another one.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#1116202 Apr 11, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
the only children killed by "militia" were those murdered by federal agents at Ruby Ridge and Waco.....
you notice you were the only one to take the bait? if only the rest of these cretins were as clueless as you are.

When Rush Limbaugh took to the airwaves to deliver a fact-free defense of the Lord's Resistance Army, he left numerous angry listeners with the impression that President Obama had sent troops to "kill Christians in Africa."

Last week, Obama ordered 100 U.S. troops to Africa to help combat the LRA, a violent cult that has engaged in murder, torture, and rape and has kidnapped children and impressed them into military service.

On Friday, Limbaugh added his own spin to a straight-forward ABC News report on the matter. Limbaugh declared, "Obama Invades Uganda, Targets Christians." According to Limbaugh, "Lord's Resistance Army are Christians. They are fighting the Muslims in Sudan. And Obama has sent troops, United States troops to remove them from the battlefield, which means kill them." Limbaugh added, "So that's a new war, a hundred troops to wipe out Christians in Sudan, Uganda.... Now, are we gonna help the Egyptians wipe out the Christians? Wouldn't you say that we are? I mean the Coptic Christians are being wiped out."

Several minutes after Limbaugh's rant began, conservatives on Twitter began to echo his claims.

Some Limbaugh listeners even appear to have contacted Congress to protest Obama's supposed assault on African Christianity. A congressional staffer, who requested anonymity because he is not authorized to speak on the record, told Media Matters that his office received an email and a phone call from constituents who "claimed that it was an attack on Christians and said Obama was supporting [an] Islamic regime."

Conservative blogger Melissa Clouthier tweeted about the LRA story during Limbaugh's Friday broadcast, asking, "Do I understand this correctly? President Obama is sending US troops to fight Christians in Africa?" When other conservatives -- including CNN's Erick Erickson -- corrected her, Clouthier explained that she had "heard an out of context snippet on the radio about troops in Africa." Today, Clouthier confirmed that she had, in fact, learned about the LRA story from Limbaugh's show.

On Sunday night, an exasperated Erickson wrote that he'd received "lots of emails" defending the LRA.

"The President Is Not Going to Africa To Kill Christians," wrote Erickson. He added: "In the past 72 hours, I have gotten lots of emails from lots of people who should know better asking me if I've heard about Barack Obama sending American troops to Africa to go after the Lord's Resistance Army (LRA). The people hearing the name assume it is a Christian group fighting radical Islamists in the Sudan or some such. It is no such thing."

None of this seems to bother Limbaugh. Despite promising on Friday to do "our due diligence research" into the allegations against the LRA, he didn't even mention the story on today's show.

http://mediamatters.org/blog/2011/10/17/limba...

BAAAA! BAAAA! BAAAAAAA!!

you right wing sheeple are a real hoot.

and have you folks read the Bible? it's full of violence. God had a way of smiting those who wouldn't keep faith with the Cult. he was a very righteous dood.

St. Croix valley

#1116203 Apr 11, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Hillary is making big money for token speeches and appearances......
if you think whe isn't building her campaign war chest, or at the very least testing the waters to see how many are willing to add to that war chest, you are out of touch with reality..

oh yes, we already proved that, didn't we?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1116204 Apr 11, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
But they don't necessarily.
In PA, if you have a degree in a subject, you can take 5 or 6 courses to get certified to teach Secondary.
why require 5 or 6 worthless education courses to teach subject matter in which one is highly qualified???.....

“Stop Child Soliders”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1116205 Apr 11, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>s you did. you said i feel braver attacking christians over muslims, and yet, i do not attack them at all, as pointed out, and i point out the truths of those sects of the abrahamic religious cult equally.
do not confuse the fact that most of the religious cult freaks on these pages are christian so they usually talk about their sect most, so i point out the falsehoods of their statements most.
yes, you did lie about me.
once again, you made a statement with no basis in fact at all and can't back it up and this it it was about me..
yes, you lied, and now you are running from your words again...
I disagree.

You do understand that philosophical "truths" is an individual reality.
Aphelion

Melbourne, FL

#1116206 Apr 11, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>have no shame that you shit on your own words here daily?
Cry us a river. Funny how most believe that it is you that is the liar, yet it is you that accuses any that do not agree with your "OPINIONS" as liars.

"methinks thou dos protest too much"
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1116207 Apr 11, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
Pres and Mrs Obama paid federal income taxes for 2013 of $98,169 on gross income of $503,183.
Now that's something you wouldn't have gotten from Romney!:)

“Stop Child Soliders”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1116208 Apr 11, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>so is that permission for me to post whatever lies i want to about you on Topix?
Whatever floats your boat.

Heck, I have been numerous posters, arrested for various crimes, should hang myself, etc (those are only from the posts I have read)....knock yourself out if you think you can top this
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1116209 Apr 11, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree.
You mean opinions.

You pour them out disguised as facts on a normal basis.

St. Croix valley

#1116210 Apr 11, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree.
i do not pot philosophical truths. i point out factual, verifiable truths.

nothing yet on your lies, huh?

wow...just another day of you taking a big steaming dump on your own worth...

St. Croix valley

#1116211 Apr 11, 2014
Aphelion wrote:
<quoted text>
Cry us a river. Funny how most believe that it is you that is the liar, yet it is you that accuses any that do not agree with your "OPINIONS" as liars.
"methinks thou dos protest too much"
hi aphelion...nothing factual again today?

bye now...
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1116212 Apr 11, 2014
Is John Galt going to respond to every one of my posts?

I'm honored.

St. Croix valley

#1116213 Apr 11, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
why require 5 or 6 worthless education courses to teach subject matter in which one is highly qualified???.....
because being an expert in a field in no way means you know how to teach that to others...

if you had an education, you would know this..
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1116214 Apr 11, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>if you think whe isn't building her campaign war chest, or at the very least testing the waters to see how many are willing to add to that war chest, you are out of touch with reality..
oh yes, we already proved that, didn't we?
Galt is delusional, Hillary is running and at the moment pretty much a lock to win.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr OzRitz 53,061
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr Guru 187,890
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 4 hr Gas Woman 69,825
Word (Dec '08) 4 hr _Zoey_ 5,213
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 4 hr _Zoey_ 5,951
Song Title Game (Dec '11) 10 hr boundary painter 1,175
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 11 hr boundary painter 1,650
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]