Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1657177 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

#1117357 Apr 13, 2014
harmonious wrote:
Recovery? Only in the fantasies of flibs and Il Duche apologists.
Help wanted: Profiles of the long-term unemployed - The Boston Globe
More than 88,000 people in Massachusetts who want a job cannot find one after more than six months of searching — enough to fill Fenway Park twice, and nearly three times the number on long-term unemployment in 2007. Nationally, there are about 4.3 million long-term unemployed Americans, double the…
BostonGlobe.c
Where's the jobs, Barry?
Nothing like a right whiner, whose party created the worst recession in 80 yeas sending millions to the unemployment lines, blaming Obama for not creating enough jobs to fox the mess his GD Party created.

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1117358 Apr 13, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>One day it will come to that when a 'militia' fires upon authorities.
Then see what internal strife happens next.
Yep. And the "militia" will whine and cry that their "right" to confront authorities with armed resistance was infringed upon.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1117359 Apr 13, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
What is up with the progressive's blood lust at the moment?
First, USA "almost" wants the FEDs to shoot protesters (like the "almost" changed the comment) and now you want this.
Hey, you people have no problems shooting unarmed citizens.

I'm just saying your gestapo methods require no weapons if you want a confession.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1117361 Apr 13, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
The tea party movement was a spontaneous reaction to demand government accountability after the bottom fell out and after we elected one of the most radical liberals in the country who had no experience to lead us through one of the most difficult economic times in our nation's history and promising to raise our taxes in light of more government spending. It didn't matter if he was black or white...just like the Michael Jackson song.
Sunday comedy hour. I thought he was an elitist? Have you any idea what you're talking about?

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1117362 Apr 13, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Had a few "senior moments" on a few of the above over the years. Better to get the context right on important issues though than lack comprehension. At least I comprehend what's going on. You're still trying to phonetically spell everything out and tripping up over the easy stuff.
oh sweetie....it is cute you think so, but daily i point out that you have absolutely no clue as to what you are talking about on a variety of subjects in our real world...

daily...

in case you need an example of that. lets go back to your thinking the guy who made the innocence of muslims film was arrested for making the film..remember that, dear?

just one of many, many examples i can point to , and you know it...

in fact, you very, very rarely have any idea at all about what you are talking about.

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

#1117364 Apr 13, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Democrats just have a lot of nerve calling Republicans racists simply for wanting less government no matter what color the president is sitting in the White House when their party led the pack in the racist business in the old south .
Seems they've forgotten their own history and use race and calling others racists just to help them forget.
Unless you have another explanation.
I call people racist because they make racist posts. You defend these people.

Go back in Topix during the Bush years & show me all the posts that mentioned his race.

But nooooooooooo, you NEVER say anything when the slurs are posted. You give them cover.

The South was racist. In many ways, it still is. And they are all Red States. How did that happen? Did those Democrats of the 60's move away or did they just become Republicans when their party screwed them & passed the Civil Rights Act.

St. Croix valley

#1117365 Apr 13, 2014
Gynger wrote:
<quoted text> Hey Woody, I have only been on this thread for a total of less than 10 days and only a couple of days in the last week........so if you think of me "daily", then I must live rent free in that vacuous head of yours......LOL
Why WOULDN'T you care about the people who are voting? Oh yeah, because you don't have to worry about the left winning. Liberals/politicians have the propaganda producing media in their pockets. They use high school and college to brainwash the youth into thinking the progressive movement is "cool" and that if they vote for liberals, they will be part of the chosen "elite". They make them think that anyone who doesn't agree with them are "idiots" and "racists". They make them believe that a one-term Senator from Chicago who's only experience was being a community organizer is cool. It doesn't matter if he lies again and again and again and again. This President doesn't execute the laws, he makes them up as he goes along. His AG doesn't prosecute anyone that agrees with them. When called on it, Holder pulls out the race card and yells "racism" and the brainwashed believe it. They pull out the race card any time someone doesn't agree with the liberal agenda or the current administration's actions. They pander to minorities to make them believe that they have their best interests at heart so they will get their votes...then they conveniently forget about them. They allow illegal aliens to flood into this country and promis them amnesty in order to get their voting block. It doesn't matter from where the illegal aliens are coming or what danger they pose to this country, they represent power and money to those that allow them unfettered access. They rain money and benefits on people so that they lose all sense of independence, self-worth and initiative. Make them feel they are entitled and don't need to work for a living. Yes, we need a safety net for those people who seriously need a helping hand, but what is currently happening is an out and out scam.
yes, and daily in that time was a correct statement on my part...

your parroting of numerous meaningless media soundbytes here pretty much proves my point, doesn't it?

keep parroting..it makes you look so smart...

wanna cracker?

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#1117366 Apr 13, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing like a right whiner, whose party created the worst recession in 80 yeas sending millions to the unemployment lines, blaming Obama for not creating enough jobs to fox the mess his GD Party created.
I'll bet the last thing you expected, at this late date, is still having to make excuses for Obama's failures. Kind of humiliating, isn't it.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#1117367 Apr 13, 2014
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Now why would you go and give mini me "credit" for something that never happened?
Hey, Eman. How ya been?

I'm pretty sure you don't lend much credence to anything JasonJay, Whatever, and Roxy have to say.

She posts like a maniac on speed for a time, as evidenced by her near 3,000 posts. She registered in April, and it's only 13 days old!! I don't have to do the math for you.

Hope you're well, good to see you still around. Far as SF, I was pretty disappointed and lost some money on the game. Next year..........
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1117370 Apr 13, 2014
John Galt wrote:
Federal land managers say "escalating tensions" led them to release all 400 or so head of cattle rounded up on public land in southern Nevada from a rancher who has refused to recognize their authority.
Bureau of Land Management Chief Neil Kornze announced an abrupt halt to the weeklong roundup just hours before the release.
"Based on information about conditions on the ground and in consultation with law enforcement, we have made a decision to conclude the cattle gather because of our serious concerns about the safety of employees and members of the public," Kornze said in a statement.
Obama folds once again.....
Didn't look like Obama, or anyone else folded.

When crazy ignert mofos start showing up with AK 47's__it's time for a peaceful government
to change up the game plan.

Stay tuned John Boy__there are plenty of ways to skin a crook. And make no mistake about it__Cliven Bundy is a crook.

His halfwit son reminds of Sheriff Buford T Justice's kid in Smokey and The Bandit.

St. Croix valley

#1117371 Apr 13, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Read the news sometime.
I believe the link was in an earlier post of mine.
it was incorrect. so manmy of your bullshit posts are...

they have not been there ranching since 1814

they stated they began ranching in 1870, whether that included that land or not, i do not know...

i do read the news, clearly you do not. you just parrot shit you want to be true regardless of its veracity and you openly lie about issues and people.

just some more facts you cannot possibly counter as i have already proven them to be true.

basically, i have proven you to be an ignorant, asshole! good on you!!!

Location hidden

#1117372 Apr 13, 2014
Eman wrote:
Watching dem (with a small d) and Woodtick fight for topixs biggest fool is almost entertaining.
Woodtick showed up and lit this tired site up!

More often than not, he's right. He's uses reason and demolishes most of these morons.

I don't get by often, but I haven't seen him corrected. Mostly the Waxmans and MDbullders and Carols run away from him, choosing insults rather than rebuttal.

You have evidence that he blows smoke, I'd like to see it. While over the top and condescending, he's more than a match for any right wing nitwit on this thread.

(And no, I don't consider you to be among that group.)

St. Croix valley

#1117373 Apr 13, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
Quack,quack, Daffy Duck
it is funny to watch you make such an ass of yourself parroting such idiotic things! look at yourself...making animal sounds like a child on the internet...

good job, fool...good job!.....sheesh1
Patrick n Angela

United States

#1117374 Apr 13, 2014
lily boca raton fl wrote:
Pouring rain here in South Florida :(
need the rain, had been a while

Location hidden

#1117376 Apr 13, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
The Black Community is one of the biggest victims of Big Government. That's why it saddens me to see them follow blindly behind Democrats.
When it comes to saying really stupid crap just to entertain yourself, you're the Queen. Back away from the meth pipe!!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1117377 Apr 13, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Is that the, cough, story from 2003?
Check here___for yes
Check here___for yes.
Galt fools no one__no one, beyond the regs, even read this thread except halfwit fkstks like Bronach hoping to grab a goodie to drag over to a different topix thread.
http://www.blm.gov/pgdata/etc/medialib/blm/wo...

middle class voters will punish you DemoKKKrats in November for screwing them with ObamaKKKare.......

and, sooner or later, will get pissed off about destroying the Southwest deserts for solar power projects......

if you want solar power, drain the fkn Everglades.....

or put solar panels on Miami Beach....

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#1117378 Apr 13, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yes, and daily in that time was a correct statement on my part...
your parroting of numerous meaningless media soundbytes here pretty much proves my point, doesn't it?
keep parroting..it makes you look so smart...
wanna cracker?
Looks like you're on empty Woody. Nothing left but to resort to insults and name calling. I haven't seen you post anything my 5 year-old nephew hasn't posted. Let's see what you've got, genius....

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#1117380 Apr 13, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>it is funny to watch you make such an ass of yourself parroting such idiotic things! look at yourself...making animal sounds like a child on the internet...
good job, fool...good job!.....sheesh1
OMG! The parrot parroting the parrot!(himself). It would be hilarious if it wasn't so pathetic. Oh, what the hell, it's hilarious! LOL
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1117381 Apr 13, 2014
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
That's the difference. The left thinks blacks need saving. Get out of the way with your handouts and watch them save themselves.
lol! That's the problem. Reich wingers believe no one needs help unless they say so.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1117383 Apr 13, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep. And the "militia" will whine and cry that their "right" to confront authorities with armed resistance was infringed upon.
Militia - 1

Obama - 0

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr loose cannon 243,090
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr what a russsh 11,559
Trump is A 11 hr Chilli J 165
Shouldn't this skank apologize B4 next session? 11 hr SQUAW B Malignant 13
Juanita Broaddrick explains why she supported T... 12 hr BUBBA GUILTY 2
Moore Jones will be close. 12 hr The Predicting Kimd 1
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 13 hr They cannot kill ... 3,731

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages