Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1603858 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

#1117139 Apr 13, 2014
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>I explain it like this: Bill Clinton made it law for a regime change in IRAQ-now how did you think that was going happen? by playing checkers?
You can create regime change by supporting the opposition placing sanctions, etc

“Stop Child Soldiers”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1117140 Apr 13, 2014
Here we have someone who suffers from reading comprehension issues.
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
And, here folks, we have another low information voter who believes solar energy was the reason for the 1993 change in policy. Clueless.
Obviously these people have never seen the damage done by overgrazing. Bundy didn't care. It wasn't his land he was ruining.
Below count the number of times the word TURTLE appears-my post this poster responded to.

The land is owned by the state. The state allowed or was forced to allow the FEDs to manage the site due to the turtles-yep, the same ones they are killing because they cost too much.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/25/dese ...
There were 54 ranchers on this state owned land before BLM took over managing the range. All are gone but Bundy-you know, the turtles had to be protected.
Meanwhile, the BLM has waived the rules several times to make room for solar and wind farms.
http://www.windaction.org/posts/36964-lawsuit ...
http://www.defenders.org/press-release/bureau ...
Bundy in protest stopped paying the BLM and instead attempted to pay the state-who owns the land. Bundy reached an agreement late Friday night and the BLM announced they were leaving Saturday morning. BLM declared victory and released the cattle back to Bundy who in turn released the cattle back onto the land.
http://www.8newsnow.com/story/25230368/major -...
Also happening Saturday morning was BLM scrubbing their web-site of all references to a planned solar site near the Bundy Ranch -it is really not about the turtle.(I linked to one report yesterday that was still in cache-http://webcache.googleus ercontent.com/search... lCNhTqjyBMJ:www.blm.gov/nv/st/ en/fo/lvfo/blm_programs/more/t respass_cattle/cattle_trespass _impacts.html+&cd=5&hl =en&ct=clnk&gl=us-by the way it is illegal to destroy these documents so hard copies still exist as well as images taken of the reports before they disappeared from the cache.) The person running BLM is a former senior advisor for Reid.
http://lasvegas.cbslocal.com/2014/04/09/nevad ...
So that is the tale of the turtle which the BLM really did not care about.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1117141 Apr 13, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
And, here folks, we have another low information voter who believes solar energy was the reason for the 1993 change in policy. Clueless.
Obviously these people have never seen the damage done by overgrazing. Bundy didn't care. It wasn't his land he was ruining.
and apparently the gov't promoting solar power is bad, but them subsidizing cattle ranching is good...

if the true cost of managing that land were reflected in the rent for grazing, none of them would be in business.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#1117142 Apr 13, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
The land is owned by the state. The state allowed or was forced to allow the FEDs to manage the site due to the turtles-yep, the same ones they are killing because they cost too much.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/25/dese...
There were 54 ranchers on this state owned land before BLM took over managing the range. All are gone but Bundy-you know, the turtles had to be protected.
Meanwhile, the BLM has waived the rules several times to make room for solar and wind farms.
http://www.windaction.org/posts/36964-lawsuit...
http://www.defenders.org/press-release/bureau...
Bundy in protest stopped paying the BLM and instead attempted to pay the state-who owns the land. Bundy reached an agreement late Friday night and the BLM announced they were leaving Saturday morning. BLM declared victory and released the cattle back to Bundy who in turn released the cattle back onto the land.
http://www.8newsnow.com/story/25230368/major-...
Also happening Saturday morning was BLM scrubbing their web-site of all references to a planned solar site near the Bundy Ranch -it is really not about the turtle.(I linked to one report yesterday that was still in cache-http://webcache.googleus ercontent.com/search?q=cache:j lCNhTqjyBMJ:www.blm.gov/nv/st/ en/fo/lvfo/blm_programs/more/t respass_cattle/cattle_trespass _impacts.html+&cd=5&hl =en&ct=clnk&gl=us-by the way it is illegal to destroy these documents so hard copies still exist as well as images taken of the reports before they disappeared from the cache.) The person running BLM is a former senior advisor for Reid.
http://lasvegas.cbslocal.com/2014/04/09/nevad...
So that is the tale of the turtle which the BLM really did not care about.
Another name change for JasonJay. Same stupidity is clearly evident.

You can change your name, but your banal ignorance shines through.

Just registered and almost 3k posts?? You need to get a life, lady. And a brain.

“Stop Child Soldiers”

Location hidden

#1117143 Apr 13, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> Perhaps that "sovereign individual" should stay the f*ck on his Private land if the dumb SOB can't pay the rent.
Yep, that is the way to deflect.

“Stop Child Soldiers”

Location hidden

#1117144 Apr 13, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
The really horrible thing is we are allowing this bully to call the punches. Almost, repeat "almost", makes me yearn for the Ruby Ridge policies of H.W. Bush.
Who is the radical here?

You can sugar coat it with "almost" all you want, but it does not change the meaning.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

Gauley Bridge WV

#1117145 Apr 13, 2014
“There's gon' be some stuff you gon' see
that's gon' make it hard to smile in the future.
But through whatever you see,
through all the rain and the pain,
you gotta keep your sense of humor.
You gotta be able to smile through all this bullshit.
Remember that.”
&#8213; Tupac Shakur

“fairtax.org”

Gauley Bridge WV

#1117146 Apr 13, 2014
“Show me a man or a woman alone and I'll show you a saint. Give me two and they'll fall in love. Give me three and they'll invent the charming thing we call 'society'. Give me four and they'll build a pyramid. Give me five and they'll make one an outcast. Give me six and they'll reinvent prejudice. Give me seven and in seven years they'll reinvent warfare. Man may have been made in the image of God, but human society was made in the image of His opposite number, and is always trying to get back home.”
&#8213; Stephen King, The Stand
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1117147 Apr 13, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
The military does not own Ft. Hood. The US Government does, DUH. Which means,'we the people' own it. Not the ranchers, in any way, shape, or form.
So if rich ranchers can let their cattle graze for free on public land (not Gov't land nitwit, but land owned by the American people and managed for them by the Gov't) then poor folks should be allowed to live in Gov't buildings without charge. Fair is fair, eh?
Open grazing on public land is theft by wealthy ranchers from the American taxpayer. Plain and simple, even to you Teabag morons.
Valid analogy. Notice that these same anti American traitors were against the American people who participated in Occupy Wall Street

“Stop Child Soldiers”

Location hidden

#1117148 Apr 13, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Just registered and almost 3k posts?? You need to get a life, lady. And a brain.
LOL, I am so exhausted with all my transforming into different bodies.

Now, scoot along heckler
Patrick

United States

#1117149 Apr 13, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for identifying the trolls !

“fairtax.org”

Gauley Bridge WV

#1117150 Apr 13, 2014
“I’ll do whatever you want,” Trash said gratefully in the dream.“My life for you! My soul for you!”

“I will set you to burn,” the dark man said gravely.”
&#8213; Stephen King, The Stand
Patrick

United States

#1117151 Apr 13, 2014
Barry Goldwater strongly supported civil rights. But he strongly supported states' rights as well." LOL

White Citizens Council said the same.

Republicans are not all racists by a large measure.
But republicans on thread have racist tendencies...

"Mooshelle" posts by the troll pretending to be in CA
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1117152 Apr 13, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>and apparently the gov't promoting solar power is bad, but them subsidizing cattle ranching is good...
if the true cost of managing that land were reflected in the rent for grazing, none of them would be in business.
What costs does the BLM have in "managing the land" except for a wasteful do-nothing bureauracy???.....

What does the BLM actually do to " manage the land"???....

and how much do you want to pay for beef when the ranchers are driven out of business???....

“Stop Child Soldiers”

Location hidden

#1117153 Apr 13, 2014
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Valid analogy. Notice that these same anti American traitors were against the American people who participated in Occupy Wall Street
The defunct group that raped women, trash parks, and failed to have a consistent message did disappear quickly.

The last time I heard anything about them was at the Dem Convention. The Dems were shouting out at them for showing up.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1117154 Apr 13, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Bottom line is, Bundy is a bully. He has probably been a bully his entire life. All he had to do in 1993 was reduce the number of cows on the Bunkerville allotment to 150 and remove the others to his own 150 acre ranch. I at this point, I hope they fine him in excess of $1 million on top of the $1 million that he owes. Serves him right.
He's like every other reich wing whiner.... he wants his entitlements and he wants them for free to profit from.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1117155 Apr 13, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
He wasn't charged a fee to openly graze?
Ft. Hood, an army base, is an open grazing area. A deal between he military and the local ranchers.
Can you show Ft Hood allows such things?
Patrick

United States

#1117156 Apr 13, 2014
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Robert Parker??? Spenser, Jesse Stone, Sunny Randall, Appoloosia Robert Parker?
Shinny0 has problems reading?
can spout a bit on nonsense which most overlook.
Seems to amuse his fellow racists.

Parker is excellent sad passing..

“Stop Child Soldiers”

Location hidden

#1117157 Apr 13, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for identifying the trolls !
Hecklers-- like you-- are easy to identify.

Do you have anything of value to add or are you going to waste another day heckling others from the sideline?

Be brave jump into the convo
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1117158 Apr 13, 2014
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>WRONG AGAIN STUPID! Leveling the playing field is about fairness and that everyone has an equal chance at success, not just those who belong to the "lucky sperm" club. It does not guarantee equal outcomes I t's exactly the same thing as equal opportunity. It's not communistic dumbass, it's how functioning societies work.
the only thing produced by your "lucky sperm" was another worthless government parasite, just like yourself.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 7 min Regime change 63,984
National FELON League 41 min Big Ed 1
Black-Lives-Matter, saves goods, shoes etc. fro... 1 hr Thoughtful Lads 6
The Party of Racism. 1 hr CantDenyWhoWon 33
Coffee with Jesus. 1 hr Pissed Poster 12
Weiner gets Shafted. 1 hr Penis showoff 2
Anne Coulter's X Boyfriend. 1 hr Oakenfuss 5

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages