Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1114013 Apr 9, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Will banning knives by the next thing on the progressive liberals' agenda?
Maybe they should look inward and the culture they, themselves, are creating.
How do you feel about guns and knives being brought to church?
Slash

United States

#1114014 Apr 9, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>Will banning knives by the next thing on the progressive liberals' agenda?

Knives are already banned in schools.
You sound depressed that it wasn't a mass shooting, you right wing piglet.
Slash

United States

#1114015 Apr 9, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>You did not prove that the math formulas are accurate and this is nonsensical logical.
Fk off toothless hillbilly scientist.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1114016 Apr 9, 2014
Open source gives new life to old Windows XP machines
Apr 08, 2014 by Robert Edwards, The Conversation
Open source gives new life to old Windows XP machines
Saving your old Windows XP. Credit: Flickr/MBK Marjie , CC BY-NC-SA
As the sun sets on Microsoft's support for Windows XP this may be a great time to think about trying out a Free and Open Source Software (FOSS) operating system for your still-working PC.
This is especially the case when older hardware cannot run newer versions of Windows (such as 7, 8 or 8.1). Your only other option then is to either dispose of the old XP machine or keep it running and face potential security threats.
But many software developers, both hobbyists and professionals alike, have contributed to a growing body of FOSS programs that now numbers in the tens of thousands. These software programs are licensed for anyone to freely download and use.
To simplify the downloading and installing, collections of these many software components, called "distributions", are available ready for users to download and start using straight away.
Go Linux
Many of these distributions are based on the Linux kernel, which is highly regarded due to its robustness, performance, security, broad support and low cost.
Linux has become the dominant operating system for internet sites, powering Google, Facebook, YouTube and many others. It is also the dominant operating system powering Android phones and tablets, televisions, home routers and many other devices.
Over the years, Linux-based distributions have become more and more popular and any machine capable of running Windows XP is a good candidate for running a Linux distribution such as:
Ubuntu
Fedora
Debian
LinuxMint.
That's just to name a few – there are many more available.
Anything Windows can do Linux can do … mostly
These package together a suite of standard programs which enable you to do the types of things you would do in Windows XP, such as search the web, send and receive emails, edit and print documents.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1114017 Apr 9, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
You did not prove that the math formulas are accurate and this is nonsensical logical.
so they can predict a snowstorm here in Mn from a low pressure system out in the pacific 5 days out almost perfectly and you say the math doesn't work?

really?

sorry pal you are wrong.
Slash

United States

#1114018 Apr 9, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>Will banning knives by the next thing on the progressive liberals' agenda?

I suppose dumb tea baggers will wanna arm the teachers with knives now.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1114019 Apr 9, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Debunked x 50.
Debunked!!!! LMAO!!!!!!

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#1114021 Apr 9, 2014
Slash wrote:
<quoted text>
Shocking! Carol is on the stink hole side of another argument she can't win.
That sounds just like your position dem, because you are a loser.

Since: May 11

Carlisle, PA

#1114022 Apr 9, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
How about ditch diggers? Can anyone reasonably expect a woman to dig as productively as a man? Or is the designation "ditch digger" all that's required to deserve equal pay?
Certainly, with a backhoe.

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#1114023 Apr 9, 2014
Slash wrote:
<quoted text>
Fk off tea bag scientist.
Kinda agitated this morning, aren't you dim? Run out of meth?

“Stop Child Soliders”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1114024 Apr 9, 2014
The White House discovered this week that calculations using average wages can yield unsatisfactory results. McClatchy newspapers did the math and reported that when the same standards that generated the 77-cent figure were applied to White House salaries, women overall at the White House make 91 cents for every dollar men make. White House spokesman Jay Carney protested that the review “looked at the aggregate of everyone on staff, and that includes from the most junior levels to the most senior.” But that’s exactly what the Census Department does.

Betsey Stevenson, a member of the White House Council of Economic Advisers, acknowledged to reporters that the 77-cent figure did not reflect equal pay for equal work.“Seventy-seven cents captures the annual earnings of full-time, full-year women divided by the annual earnings of full-time, full-year men,” she said.“There are a lot of things that go into that 77-cents figure, there are a lot of things that contribute and no one’s trying to say that it’s all about discrimination, but I don’t think there’s a better figure.”

Carney noted that the White House wage gap was narrower than the national average, but the White House actually lags the District average calculated by the BLS: 95 cents.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/fact-chec...
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1114025 Apr 9, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Knives are already banned from schools doll__have been for about 30 years. Didn't you say you were a school teacher in Polk County Florida?

Is that place overrunning with progressive liberals???

Since: Mar 14

Orlando, FL

#1114026 Apr 9, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Which CIA had to go through waterboarding???
Please furnish names and dates for all 133,000 employees and operatives.
That's what Americans do__ROFLMAO
According to an article posted on How Stuff Works, CIA agents underwent waterboarding as part of anti interrogation methods. Navy SEALS were also reported as utilizing waterboarding as part of its training.

The technique doesn't actually drown a person. The rushing water and inability to move makes them panic and they think they're choking. It's psychological and no physical harm is inflicted.

So if you don't like the sensation of drowning, start talking. And if you don't say something that means anything, you apparently don't mind it so much or are a glutton for punishment.

If you're a terrorist with no conscience, It's your choice.

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#1114027 Apr 9, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
Like a lot of bad ideas and bad behaviors,“racism” is not a purely subjective phenomenon. There are arguably racist political strategies, racist messages, and racist policies that can be advanced by non-racists. Determining what is objectively racist is a matter of judgment, empirical evidence, and ultimately opinion. To use an example: during the 2012 presidential campaign the Romney/Ryan campaign heavily ran an ad accusing the president of “gutting” work-based welfare reform. The factual case for the ad’s allegations was incredibly weak, and it’s not as though “welfare reform” had been an issue earlier in the campaign, or indeed in any presidential campaign since 1992. No amount of white-wash can eliminate the strong impression that this ad was intended to persuade white voters that the first black president was walking back his party’s commitment to make welfare beneficiaries — perceived as primarily minority members — work. But does that mean Mitt Romney is a racist, subjectively speaking? I doubt it very seriously, but in the end, who cares?
In the end, describing a policy, a message, or even an item of political philosophy as objectively “racist” is no less legitimate than any other term of opprobrium. Personally, I find the Randian doctrine whereby anyone favoring progressive tax rates or business regulations is a “looter” conspiring with “losers” to steal the fruits of capitalist innovation even more offensive than racism, insofar as it treats large majorities of the U.S. population — including all those Democratic-voting minority members — as either morally debased or incorrigibly duped. I am not about to stop criticizing that point of view simply because its advocates do not subjectively view themselves as self-righteous cads hoarding the fruits of others’ labor. Nor are Randians about to stop calling me names for my own beliefs. Nor does all my church-going protect me from being called a “secularist” because I believe in a strict separation of church and state.
The reality a lot of us naturally want to avoid is the distemper and polarization in our political discourse is not simply the product of name-calling or rhetorical hubris or bad faith. Some of it has to do with genuine and very large differences of opinion about government, culture, and, yes, race. So much as I would like to find common ground with conservatives, and much as I know many of them have fine (subjective) motives: when I see racism, I’m going to call it what it is. Just avoiding the subject is not just bad politics: it is (subjectively, for me) an evasion and a lie.
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/cafe/you-don-t-h...
Of course, many republicans encourage others to charge them as being 'racist' because then they can claim that they're the 'victim' and thus eliminate any room for discussion on the real issue at hand.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1114028 Apr 9, 2014
Eleanor Beaver wrote:
<quoted text>
What a ridiculous generalization. On the other hand I could show you several instances where the left - especially the extreme left -- is acting irrationally hateful towards anyone or any group that doesn't toe their line. Just ask the former CEO of Mozilla.
Seriously? Look up extremism and you will find a picture of a Teathug. Of course you can provide "several instances where the left has acted irrationally hateful." I, on the other hand, can provide hundreds.

However, for the record, there is a HUGE difference in hating a particular individual and hating an entire group of people like illegals aliens, people on welfare, gays, Muslims, African Americans, police and welfare recipients. It is certainly logical to hate the extremists who attacked the Twin Towers. It is illogical to hate all Muslims. See how that works? I'm not sure there is a group that you people don't hate...other than the military and corporate big wigs.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1114029 Apr 9, 2014
On a humorous note. Longwood Florida police apprehended a dwarf in a internet sex sting this morning.

The lil feller had driven all the way from Kansas City to have sex with what he thought was going to be a 13 year old girl. www.myfoxorlando.com

Since: May 11

Carlisle, PA

#1114030 Apr 9, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> He won't because they are almost completely, if not fully, subsidized (welfare) by government.
Flack, quit being such a dumbass.

When I looked on the exchanges in my area there were plans with zero deductible & plans that matched the deductible I was paying before. And yes, there were higher deductible plans.

If you were under the income limits for subsidy consideration, you were eligible for a subsidy as long as the cost of the second cheapest silver plan was not more than a given percentage of your income. It had nothing to do with the plan you actually chose.

When will you GD morons quit being such a bunch of liars.

My God you people are dumber than sh*t.

Since: Mar 14

Orlando, FL

#1114031 Apr 9, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Debunked x 50.
How come you know so little about so much?

The video of Leon Panetta admitting the waterboarding aided in getting that courier's name has been posted numerous times.

Maybe if you knew how to research, you could find it.

Or maybe if you just stopped being so arrogant and wrong at the same time.

Either/or.

“Stop Child Soliders”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1114032 Apr 9, 2014
One male in custody, several injured after a stabbing at an office building in Toronto, Canada

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1114033 Apr 9, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
what culture would that be?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 26 min Scrutiny 178,178
Chicago abandons plan to name high school after... 33 min Mr oH 10
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 39 min JOEL 69,415
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr mahz 49,895
Word (Dec '08) 1 hr _Zoey_ 4,732
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr _Zoey_ 4,722
GREECE MURDER - Pavlos Fyssas Memorial 1 hr XAC 1
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr Perry Mason 98,243
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr mdbuilder 46,799
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••