Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1433161 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#1113500 Apr 8, 2014
things are so bad since the Republicans crashed the economy...

How bad is it?

Democrats had $10K lying around to send UNIV of Delaware students to Italy!!!!!

Mt Aetna!!!!!!!!!

http://www.nsf.gov/awardsearch/showAward...

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1113501 Apr 8, 2014
Aphelion wrote:
<quoted text>
Still proclaiming victory to the voices in your head?
nopeing with the facts..

you know, the ones you still have not been able to counter even once...not once.

why is that again?

run along, little boy...

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#1113502 Apr 8, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>that has been proven to be bullshit..
i showed you that the Grand Mufti of Egyp saw it and told his millions of followers to protest over the video..that is the fun things abotu religious cults, they didn't even have to see it, in fact watching it would have been heresy for them. but they will protest and kill over it when their cult leaders tell them to.
and yet you still openly lie about this after i have totally proved yoru bullshit to be just that..why?
why do you always lie about everything?
I'm betting, with the thousands of anti-muslim videos on the internet, the Grand Muffin would be condemning one every time he called those morons to prayer. Perhaps you're not famillilar with what's on the internet the past decade or so.

Perhaps you're also not familliar with the fact that the President of Libya detained 50 Al Qaeda and interrogated them, and told Obama Al Qaeda planned the attack 6 months prior, before that video even existed.
You're probably also ignorant of the fact that Al Qaeda will tell you all about their attack. All you have to do is disguise yourself as a western news journalist and they will finid you and tell you all about it. So, why can't Obama find them if every journalist in the world can find them?

And, you continually run away from this question:

What evidence did the White House or State Department ever have of any "spontaneous demonstration" that never happened and nobody has any evidence of that Obama lied about for two weeks covering up the Al Qaeda attack on the United States in Benghazi?
Mr woodtick57

Saint Paul, MN

#1113503 Apr 8, 2014
Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
Projecting again? You are waaaaayyyy out there. Burnt toast, Fried to the max.
Then again, that is typical with all you so-called liberal morons.
So what else do you do during the day?
This is all my son does, day and night.
Tell me, if this annoying housebound thing was your offspring and you had to take care of it.....wouldn't you be more than willing and happy that it found the internet and stays out of your hair?
Me and Mrs woodtick57 are very grateful to you and everyone out here who babysits our little mistake.

Thank you all,
Mr woodtick57

Location hidden

#1113504 Apr 8, 2014

How bad is it?

Democrats still found $12K for an outreach program for physics!!!!!

Since: May 11

Blain, PA

#1113505 Apr 8, 2014
killtaker wrote:
Democrats and their science projects....
just this week they blew...
$1,457,241.00
making three dimensional objects out of Saran Wrap....
The idea you think the project is about folding Saran Wrap tells me you're dumber than sh*t.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#1113506 Apr 8, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>only to $9.50 in MN...
when is the gov't going to force people to give me a raise?
Here’s what Minnesota is doing with their minimum wage: it a little more complicated than you think--but good for the surrounding states to recruit business out of Minny.

Businesses with gross sales of more than $500,000 would see the minimum wage rise to $8 in 2014,$8.50 in 2015 and $9.50 in 2016.
Businesses with gross sales less than $500,000 would see the minimum wage rise to $6.50 in 2014,$7.25 in 2015 and $7.75 by 2016.
In 2018 the minimum wage begins increasing with inflation, with a cap at no more than 2.5 percent per year.
The governor would have the option to halt the yearly increase.
Some Minnesota officials were truly irate when the ND Chamber of Commerce started highlighting the eastern state’s higher taxes and stiffer regulations in making a case for businesses to move west. But, hey, the truth hurts.

In September of last year I interviewed a business owner who had decided to move his headquarters across the Red River from Moorhead, MN, to Fargo, ND. He said Minnesota’s tax hikes made the lower cost of doing business in North Dakota too attractive to ignore.

And it seems citizens, too, are voting on the policies of the two states with their feet. In July of last year I did a comparison of the populations of Minnesota/North Dakota border communities and – surprise!– far more people live on the North Dakota side of those communities than the Minnesota side: saywhata boutmn.com

St. Croix valley

#1113507 Apr 8, 2014
killtaker wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you think of REVERAND Jessie Jackson and REVERAND AL SHAPRPTON?
Are they religious nut bags? Go ahead....tell us that those two Pastors are wackos....
they are major whackos..what religious cult member isn't?

if you worship a proven false god, you got some loose marbles...or are too weak to divest yourself from a dying societal norm with no meaning.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1113508 Apr 8, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>that has been proven to be bullshit..
i showed you that the Grand Mufti of Egyp saw it and told his millions of followers to protest over the video..that is the fun things abotu religious cults, they didn't even have to see it, in fact watching it would have been heresy for them. but they will protest and kill over it when their cult leaders tell them to.
and yet you still openly lie about this after i have totally proved yoru bullshit to be just that..why?
why do you always lie about everything?
... and that explains the CNN coverage all day with interviews of the demonstrators of a demonstration PLANNED to put pressure on the United States to release the blind sheik.
Who has more credibility? CNN live coverage with interviews that everyone in the entire country that watches CNN saw, or your nebulous reference to some grand muffin?

St. Croix valley

#1113509 Apr 8, 2014
killtaker wrote:
How bad is it?
Democrats had $10K lying around to send UNIV of Delaware students to Italy!!!!!
Mt Aetna!!!!!!!!!
yes, sending astrophysics students to study at an observatory is a waste..

education has one of the best ROIs of any public investment we can make...

why do you fear knowledge? are you a Luddite?

Location hidden

#1113510 Apr 8, 2014

How bad is it?

Democrats still found $36,765K for Math NERDS to visit the Great Salt Lake....

St. Croix valley

#1113511 Apr 8, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
... and that explains the CNN coverage all day with interviews of the demonstrators of a demonstration PLANNED to put pressure on the United States to release the blind sheik.
Who has more credibility? CNN live coverage with interviews that everyone in the entire country that watches CNN saw, or your nebulous reference to some grand muffin?
you mean teh several interviews with people there in Cairo protesting at the embassy about the video that i gave to you?

why do you lie about this?

so sad..

i already smacked you around on this ten times..give it up dude...

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1113512 Apr 8, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>they are major whackos..what religious cult member isn't?
if you worship a proven false god, you got some loose marbles...or are too weak to divest yourself from a dying societal norm with no meaning.
Show your proof.

Gort a problem there, don't you? You don't have any. You're just mindlessly regurgitating some propagnada you've been indoctrinated with.

Religion is a belief based on faith.
You claim to have evidence proving some god a false god.
Show us that evidence, or admit you're just another religious nut. If you believe there is not a god, but you can't prove it, that is a religious belief, moron.)

...(You didn't complete your homework assignment in history. No child left behind, you know.)

Blain, PA

#1113513 Apr 8, 2014
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>June 10, 1964, was a dramatic day in the United States Senate. For the first time in its history, cloture was invoked on a civil rights bill, ending a record-breaking filibuster by Democrats that had consumed fifty-seven working days. The hero of the hour was minority leader Senator Everett McKinley Dirksen (R-Ill.).
On June 10, 1964, Democrats filibustered the Civil Rights Act.
On this day in 1964, Everett Dirksen (R-IL), the Republican Leader in the U.S. Senate, condemned the Democrats’ 57-day filibuster against the 1964 Civil Rights Act. Leading the Democrats in their opposition to civil rights for African-Americans was Senator Robert Byrd (D-WV). Byrd, who got into politics as a recruiter for the Ku Klux Klan, spoke against the bill for fourteen straight hours. Democrats still call Robert Byrd “the conscience of the Senate.”
In his speech, Senator Dirksen called on the Democrats to end their filibuster and accept racial equality.
I am always reminded of the Democrats: the party of Slavery, Secession, Segregation and the KKK… fought against equality.
And let's go back once again: you need to stop with the selective history lesson.
The truth is that Kennedy voted against the 1957 Civil rights Act while he was a senator, as did Democrat Senator Al Gore, Sr. And after he became president, Kennedy was opposed to the 1963 March on Washington by Dr. King that was organized by A. Phillip Randolph who was a black Republican. President Kennedy, through his brother Attorney General Robert Kennedy, had Dr. King wiretapped and investigated by the FBI on suspicion of being a Communist in order to undermine Dr. King.
Contrary to popular belief, Kennedy never made the call to get Dr. King out of jail. The call was made by Harris Wofford, Kennedy’s Civil Rights Advisor, who was a personal friend of the Kings. Wofford said Kennedy was angry about the call because Kennedy thought it would make him lose the Southern vote. However, the call eventually worked in Kennedy’s favor. This revelation is contained in Wofford’s book “Of Kennedys and Kings” on pages 14-23.
As for Senator Mike Mansfield, he was from Montana, one of the farthest west of all the midwestern states; so, he does not help your attempt to pit the South against the North.
Lyndon B Johnson was weak on Civil Rights, only wanting to give blacks enough incentive to keep them on the Democratic Plantation; once going so far as to say, "“These Negroes, they’re getting uppity these days. That’s a problem for us, since they got something now they never had before. The
political pull to back up their upityness. Now, we’ve got to do
something about this. We’ve got to give them a little something. Just
enough to quiet them down, but not enough to make a difference. If we
don’t move at all, their allies will line up against us. And there’ll be
no way to stop them. It’ll be Reconstruction all over again.”
https://www.govtrack.us/congress/votes/85-195...

John Kennedy voted yes.

Who ever wrote the piece of trash you copied & pasted are liars.

Reading that cap, no wonder you are dumber than sh*t.

Democrats and Republicans from the South voted against the civil rights act of 1964 & 1957.

When will you get that through your thick skull & quit being so uninformed all the time.

The racism & segregation were primarily in the South.

Not per political party.

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1113514 Apr 8, 2014
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>But not as ignorant as you Stretchy Haute Couture Pants: YOU LIE: even your liberal SNOPES says you LIE:The U.S. sent an official delegation to Hugo Chávez's funeral. TRUE TRUE TRUE.
Read more at http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/thatcher...
Liar liar, ignorant stretchy pants on fire. ROTFLMAO
When usmsince1948 says FACT--always remember that it is a femi-nazi lie.
Only one active member of congress attended the funeral, Rep. Gregory Meeks of New York and he "knew President Chávez quite well." If people want to call that a "delegation", so be it. I disagree.

The funeral was held in Caracus so James Derham, Charge d’Affaires at the U.S. Embassy in Caracus, had no choice but to attend. The only other "delegation' member mentioned was former U.S. Rep. William Delahunt of Massachusetts who also knew Chavez personally.

There is no doubt that Meeks and Delahunt asked to attend the funeral and since we didn't want to send anyone, we let them go as our representatives. No one sent them. They volunteered.

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1113515 Apr 8, 2014
Slash wrote:
<quoted text>
Where does it say Jesse Jackson?
LOL. Good point!!!

Blain, PA

#1113516 Apr 8, 2014
killtaker wrote:
How bad is it?
Democrats still found $36,765K for Math NERDS to visit the Great Salt Lake....
A conference to learn more about mathematics. Wow.

St. Croix valley

#1113517 Apr 8, 2014
Mr woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>
This is all my son does, day and night.
Tell me, if this annoying housebound thing was your offspring and you had to take care of it.....wouldn't you be more than willing and happy that it found the internet and stays out of your hair?
Me and Mrs woodtick57 are very grateful to you and everyone out here who babysits our little mistake.
Thank you all,
Mr woodtick57
you are one of my favorites to smack around...but the easiest..you are one fo the most stupid posters i embarrass here daily....

but then you never really say anything at all, do you?

can you even spell any of the issues of the day?

i thought not...run long little man...

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1113518 Apr 8, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>nopeing with the facts..
you know, the ones you still have not been able to counter even once...not once.
why is that again?
run along, little boy...
Would you be talking about the fact that CNN reported all day long with live video feeds of a planned demonstration for the purpose of putting pressure on the United States to release the blind sheik?

Or, would you be talking about the facts of history again, which reminds me you didn't finish your homework.

I'll give you another chance.

Let's help the people here learn some history. How about we start with recent US history and the most significant event of the previous century, the Cold War. A study of one of the proxy wars of the Cold War would be most useful. A study of Korea is an example of how the US saving a country from communist slavery allows that country to become one of the super power economies of the world. How about an example of a country the US didn't save... Vietnam.
Let's start at the beginning.
The Japanese army was in Vietnam when the war ended. The Chinese monitored their removal in the northern portion of Vietnam. The Brittish monitored their removal from the southern portion of Vietnam. After the Japanese army was removed, the Brittish army left Vietnam. The Chinese didn't leave. Ho Chi Minh goes to Paris and asks the French to come back to Vietnam and force the Chinese to leave. The French return to Vietnam and bring elections with them, and the Chinese leave Vietnam.
Take it from there. Tell us what happened in Vietnam that eventually led to the US being involved.

.... got a problem there, don't you? You don't know a fucking thing about history, do you?

Location hidden

#1113519 Apr 8, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
The idea you think the project is about folding Saran Wrap tells me you're dumber than sh*t.
Stop believing AL GORE numNutz....

'1 in 4 Americans don't know Earth circles Sun'

http://www.xtrasports1360.com/pages/agonyofde...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 15 min Go Blue Forever 103,635
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 16 min GEORGIA 2,078
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 28 min Into The Night 61,498
Clinton campaign dog story. 1 hr Great Story 5
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr District 1 225,401
Breitbart--Comey + Clinton Foundation 1 hr Andrew CONTINUED2 3
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 1 hr GEORGIA 3,197

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages