Barack Obama, our next President

There are 20 comments on the Nov 5, 2008, Hampton Roads Daily Press story titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

FakeTeacher

Palm Coast, FL

#1112194 Apr 6, 2014
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>For the last time, also the first since I've never addressed it before, it is not a preposition; it is an adverb. Furthermore, the construction of the sentence was meant to be a a montage to carol (or somebody else so stupid), who couldn't speak English.(Must be all those mini strokes or just plainly stupidity, since I'm not sure it's carol) Whatever..., if you choose to ignore me, it would be quite agreeable with me.
You get an "F".
FakeTeacher

Palm Coast, FL

#1112195 Apr 6, 2014
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Trust me, just this once, they are not prepositions--positioned before a nominal. They are adverbials...could you understand that turn the light off is not a preposition but an adverbial? Probably not...
Please do not end your sentence with three dots...

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1112196 Apr 6, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
"That up with which I will not put."
Attributed to Churchill (?)
A snobbish English teacher was sitting in an Atlanta airport coffee shop waiting for her flight back to Connecticut, when a friendly Southern belle sat down next to her.

‘Where y’all goin’ to?’ asked the Southern belle.

Turning her nose in the air, the snob replied ‘I don’t answer people who end their sentences with prepositions’.

The Southern belle thought a moment, and tried again.‘Where y’all goin’ to, bitch?’
(Oxford dictionaries.com )

“Stop Child Soliders”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1112197 Apr 6, 2014
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
Whether it's the Koch brothers or [George] Soros on the left or Sheldon," Gingrich said, "if you're going to have an election process that radically favors billionaires and is discriminating against the middle class—which we now have—then billionaires are going to get a lot of attention."
"The truth is, we desperately need an election reform which allows candidates to receive the same amount of money as super PACs,” he added.
So if you're going to let billionaires donate millions to Super PACs, the electoral system will be tilted in their favor and against the middle class. And the solution to that problem is to let the billionaires donate unlimited amounts directly to candidates, bypassing Super PACs?
Call me crazy, but that doesn't sound like campaign finance reform. That sounds like cutting out the middleman.
http://www.dailykos.com/ #
Actually, if the progressives would stop trying to push class warfare they would have to admit this ruling is not tilted to either party.

What the ruling allowed was for a person to donate to more than 18 people.

Dems have their fair share of big money donors.

This bill hopefully moves the money out of the PACs and into individual campaigns making it more transparent.

Location hidden

#1112198 Apr 6, 2014
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
Liz Cheney?
Fox News contributor Liz Cheney on Sunday argued that a United States Senate report on Bush-era torture was “political” and that lawmakers should spend more time investigating President Barack Obama’s role in failing to prevent terrorist attacks in Benghazi.
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/04/06/liz-che...
Shameful that someone could be so ignorant.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1112202 Apr 6, 2014
the cleaner wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not "banter," crip; that's you bending double and f elch ing out of your ownass ...
From my end, it is repartee. From your end, it is flatulence.

“Stop Child Soliders”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1112204 Apr 6, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Just because you choose to begin a new conversation does not give you the right to demand that everyone else stop what they were discussing and follow your lead.
My comment -"Sorry (an apology) we have veered off into a new conversation about the US Guest program. Feel free to ignore us -(as in we don't expect you to join in)

Really, it is insane to have to explain this to another adult.

So, this is my final comment on this topic.

Maybe if you re-introduced your topic, some here may be interested in it.

I will ignore your posts so I am not accused of the above again.

Have a nice day.

Lapeer, MI

#1112205 Apr 6, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Shameful that someone could be so ignorant.
Strange utterance from one who knows no shame.

Location hidden

#1112206 Apr 6, 2014
FakeTeacher wrote:
<quoted text> Please do not end your sentence with three dots...
The ellipsis used at the end of a sentence is the perfect end to her sentence. It denotes her the futility of her attempt to educate you.

Lapeer, MI

#1112207 Apr 6, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, if the progressives would stop trying to push class warfare they would have to admit this ruling is not tilted to either party.
This bill hopefully moves the money out of the PACs and into individual campaigns making it more transparent.
When George Soros purchases American politics, Progressives sit silently behind the crickets. When Conservatives find patriots willing to put their money where their mouths are, Progressives suddenly leap to their four feet and begin barking.
FakeTeacher

Palm Coast, FL

#1112209 Apr 6, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
The ellipsis used at the end of a sentence is the perfect end to her sentence. It denotes her the futility of her attempt to educate you.
Please don't end your sentence with you...

Lapeer, MI

#1112210 Apr 6, 2014
the cleaner wrote:
Let me leave you with a sampling from:
http://www.searchquotes.com/search/Stupid_Lit...
(shrinking erection, pay attention, because this applies to you)
"To vilify a great man is the readiest way in which a little man can himself attain greatness."
"A wise system of education will at last teach us how little man yet knows, how much he still has to learn."
"A little man often cast a long shadow."
This is not the syndrome to which I referred, btw; this is more like the "Bush Syndrome ..."
Leo, THIS is what you're up against? PHEW!!!
A Twain complaint about Liberals:

"The trouble with the world is not that people know too little, but that they know so many things that ain't so." — Mark Twain

and a general observation about stupid people like Progressives:

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." --- Bertrand Russell

"the cleaner" is absolutely certain that he has no doubts.

Lapeer, MI

#1112212 Apr 6, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
"It denotes her the futility of ..."????

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHA.....
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1112214 Apr 6, 2014
the cleaner wrote:
Let me leave you with a sampling from:
http://www.searchquotes.com/search/Stupid_Lit...
(shrinking erection, pay attention, because this applies to you)
"To vilify a great man is the readiest way in which a little man can himself attain greatness."
"A wise system of education will at last teach us how little man yet knows, how much he still has to learn."
"A little man often cast a long shadow."
This is not the syndrome to which I referred, btw; this is more like the "Bush Syndrome ..."
Leo, THIS is what you're up against? PHEW!!!
And__on the topic of little men;

"Midgets are the last ones to know it's raining and the first ones to drown." Curly Howard 1937

Lapeer, MI

#1112215 Apr 6, 2014
the cleaner wrote:
<quoted text>
Beautiful ... stunningly so ...
You look stunned all the time...like a deer in the headlights.

Location hidden

#1112216 Apr 6, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you trying to insinuate that the money deposited into PACs are not "transparent"? PACs are very transparent.

Almost one third of the $104 million Rove’s American Crossroads super PAC spent during the last election cycle came from just five members of the Forbes rich list:

1. Harold Simmons: the Texas oilman, his wife and his company Contran collectively gave $19.5 million to Rove’s group.

2. Robert Rowling: the Dallas investor and owner of the Omni hotels and Gold’s Gym chains threw in $5 million total to Rove through his TRT Holdings.

3. Joseph Craft: the Oklahoma oil tycoon spent $3.35 million total on Rove’s group, through both his own trust and his family company Alliance Resource Partners.

4. Jerrold Perenchio: the one-time Univision chief gave American Crossroads $2.5 million through his media investment firm Chartwell partners.

5. B. Wayne Hughes: the founder of self-storage giant Public Storage and thoroughbred horse breeder may have had a premonition this time around, giving just $1 million to Rove’s group, compared to the $3.25 million he doled out for the 2010 midterm elections.

“Folks are disappointed with the results, but that doesn’t mean they’re dissatisfied,” American Crossroads public affairs spokesperson Jonathan Collegios said.“President Obama overspent Mitt Romney on ads by $154 million, and that’s probably understating the disparity because some of Romney’s ads were placed late in the game. Our donors are pleased because had American Crossroads’ ads not been there to bridge the gap, I don’t think we would’ve been so close in places like Ohio and Florida.”

This is really about allowing Republican billionaires to donate funds to fighting the next fight.

Location hidden

#1112217 Apr 6, 2014

Lapeer, MI

#1112219 Apr 6, 2014
the cleaner wrote:
<quoted text>
This is what I said, bottom boy: It's repartee from your "end." You stupid b it ch ...
Aren't you bored with being so boring?

Location hidden

#1112221 Apr 6, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
"It denotes her the futility of ..."????
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHA.....
Yea, I noticed it as soon as I hit "Post Comment" but figured most people were smart enough to figure it out. Everyone should know by now I make a ton of typo's. It's just the way it is. I type too fast and don't waste time re-reading everything I post. Get used to it.

Lapeer, MI

#1112222 Apr 6, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>And__on the topic of little men;
"Midgets are the last ones to know it's raining and the first ones to drown." Curly Howard 1937
Better get them platform shoes like real quick, eh, shorty?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 min OzRitz 52,853
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 9 min Scrutiny 187,304
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr Cold Front 69,687
New Rapper Seven Dyce 1 hr UBANK RECORDS 1
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr texas pete 5,906
Word (Dec '08) 6 hr Red_Forman 5,202
Ask Amy 4-25-15 9 hr Kuuipo 2
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]