Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1417357 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Slash

United States

#1113308 Apr 8, 2014
Wonder if Roxlo got a 4th DUI?
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hamden, CT

#1113309 Apr 8, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing more than another Republican witch hunt.
Must be part of that War on Women thing, huh dolt?
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hamden, CT

#1113310 Apr 8, 2014
Liberalism is a mental disorder.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1113311 Apr 8, 2014
Voter fraud in North Carolina? Not so fast

Conservative supporters of voting restrictions think they’ve found the holy grail in North Carolina: A genuine case of massive voter fraud that can be used to justify efforts to make it harder to vote.

The reality, of course, is far less clear. Non-partisan election experts are already pouring cold water on the claims, noting that other recent allegations of major voting irregularities have fizzled upon closer scrutiny.

....Consider the recent experience of North Carolina’s southern neighbor. Last year, South Carolina’s DMV used Social Security matches to help find more than 900 people listed as dead who had voted in recent years, setting off a spate of hand-wringing about fraud. Attorney General Alan Wilson, a Republican, used the findings to argue for the state’s strict voter ID law—which was later softened after the Justice Department objected. But state law enforcement ultimately found not a single person who deliberately cast a ballot in the name of a dead person.

Nearly half the cases were the result of clerical errors by poll-workers. Others were attributed to DMV officials finding that Social Security numbers matched but not making sure that names did, among several problems.(About 45,370 people have been assigned by the Social Security Administration to each four-digit combination of numbers.)

In Iowa, Ohio, and Florida, attention-generating charges of voter fraud or non-citizen voting also have failed to live up to the hype once investigations were conducted.

“I am banking on poll-worker error for data entry on who voted for many of those,” Levitt told msnbc.“It may be that there are a handful that are actually double votes.” He estimated that number in the single digits.

http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/voter-fraud-north-...

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#1113312 Apr 8, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
The extent of your stupidity actually amazes me at times. Obama doesn't send Jesse Jackson anywhere. Truth is, Obama did not send anyone to represent the White House. Heck, just last month Kerry told a congressional committee that Maduro’s government is engaging in a “terror campaign” and that the U.S. is prepared to impose sanctions if necessary. Hardly a voice of support for the Venezuelan leader. You are ignorant beyond words.
But not as ignorant as you Stretchy Haute Couture Pants: YOU LIE: even your liberal SNOPES says you LIE:The U.S. sent an official delegation to Hugo Chávez's funeral. TRUE TRUE TRUE.
Read more at http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/thatcher...

Liar liar, ignorant stretchy pants on fire. ROTFLMAO

When usmsince1948 says FACT--always remember that it is a femi-nazi lie.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1113313 Apr 8, 2014
Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
...so says the liar that claimed to be a "conservative"...
so says the coward who can't prove otherwise...
Slash

United States

#1113314 Apr 8, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>She's just demonstrated, again, that she doesn't know the difference between Big!0 and top 10.

Whatever, she's not an engineer for sure and I'm not really sure she ever mentioned that she actually graduated from UI or what sort of degree she has. Could be a B Ed or maybe nursing related.

Don't really give a fk, she lies about everything else__probably lying about that too.
Well she does have that fkn imbecile Galt helping her lie.

Since: Mar 14

Orlando, FL

#1113315 Apr 8, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>why do you attempt to talk about issues you clearly do not understand?
the film maker was arrested for breaking his felony probation agreement. the guy was a meth dealer and in for bank fraud.
part of his probation was he wouldn't use alias's which he did, back he goes. also that he wouldn't use the internet unsupervised, which he did. back he goes... or that he wouldn't lie to his probation officer, which he did, back he goes...
they dropped several other of his probation violations....
you need to take a serious look at where you get your information, as you are always wrong about everything...all the other information you think you have is most likely wrong also...
you do know you can actually check on these idiotic things you post before you make a fool of yourself, don't you? a two second google search would have shown you that you were wrong before posted.....
Nakoula Basseley Nakoula was only arrested after the attack and his video was discovered on YouTube using an alias after having some trouble with the law in the past.

In August of last year, he was released from prison to serve his remaining sentence in a halfway house and on probation for the next four years. In September, he was released from the halfway house to the custody of a pastor in California.

His life will always be in danger because of that video. But you have no problem with that. Just videos that smear Christ and the Christian faith are allowed in a free country because of free speech - according to you and people like you. Correct?

Orlando, FL

#1113317 Apr 8, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>She's just demonstrated, again, that she doesn't know the difference between Big!0 and top 10.
Whatever, she's not an engineer for sure and I'm not really sure she ever mentioned that she actually graduated from UI or what sort of degree she has. Could be a B Ed or maybe nursing related.
Don't really give a fk, she lies about everything else__probably lying about that too.
Thought you knew everything about me like you do about everything else. You're slipping. As usual.
Slash

United States

#1113318 Apr 8, 2014
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>But not as ignorant as you Stretchy Haute Couture Pants: YOU LIE: even your liberal SNOPES says you LIE:The U.S. sent an official delegation to Hugo Chávez's funeral. TRUE TRUE TRUE.
Read more at http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/thatcher...

Liar liar, ignorant stretchy pants on fire. ROTFLMAO

When usmsince1948 says FACT--always remember that it is a femi-nazi lie.
Where does it say Jesse Jackson?

Orlando, FL

#1113319 Apr 8, 2014
Slash wrote:
<quoted text>
Well she does have that fkn imbecile Galt helping her lie.
You, my liberal friend, have a lying issue. Not once have I ever said Obama didn't graduate from college. You made that up and, therefore, it became truth. No wonder you are so easily swayed by the powerful and power hungry.

Wake up. Or wise up. Do something. Just snap out of it. You're in a self-induced state of propagandized hypnosis. They might tell you to start acting like a chicken or something else even more embarrassing.
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hamden, CT

#1113320 Apr 8, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>so says the coward who can't prove otherwise...
...so says the liar that claimed to be a "conservative"...
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hamden, CT

#1113321 Apr 8, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
Voter fraud in North Carolina? Not so fast
Conservative supporters of voting restrictions think they’ve found the holy grail in North Carolina: A genuine case of massive voter fraud that can be used to justify efforts to make it harder to vote.
The reality, of course, is far less clear. Non-partisan election experts are already pouring cold water on the claims, noting that other recent allegations of major voting irregularities have fizzled upon closer scrutiny.
....Consider the recent experience of North Carolina’s southern neighbor. Last year, South Carolina’s DMV used Social Security matches to help find more than 900 people listed as dead who had voted in recent years, setting off a spate of hand-wringing about fraud. Attorney General Alan Wilson, a Republican, used the findings to argue for the state’s strict voter ID law—which was later softened after the Justice Department objected. But state law enforcement ultimately found not a single person who deliberately cast a ballot in the name of a dead person.
Nearly half the cases were the result of clerical errors by poll-workers. Others were attributed to DMV officials finding that Social Security numbers matched but not making sure that names did, among several problems.(About 45,370 people have been assigned by the Social Security Administration to each four-digit combination of numbers.)
In Iowa, Ohio, and Florida, attention-generating charges of voter fraud or non-citizen voting also have failed to live up to the hype once investigations were conducted.
“I am banking on poll-worker error for data entry on who voted for many of those,” Levitt told msnbc.“It may be that there are a handful that are actually double votes.” He estimated that number in the single digits.
http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/voter-fraud-north-...
When is the retraction or correction coming from MSNBC this time?

For your next trick, are you going to post something from Mediamaters or Rawstory?

Since: May 11

Blain, PA

#1113322 Apr 8, 2014
Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
Then the 7 million number Obama used for UCA signups is just a miniscule number!?
Oh wait, I forgot you are a Democrat drone and like to have it both ways!
Silly me!
By the way dumbfk, isn't it about time for you Democrats to bring out the Occupy Wall Street crowd again? It also must be time to resurrect the War on Women for sure!
OH, and that small 5 million number you try to downplay...
It's likely that 1/2 of them vote. I'd be more worried about them if I were you so you better hone up on the propaganda skills, commie.
Look, dumbass, you were talking about 5 million as part of every health insurance policy.

The 7 million would be those who signed up for policies from private companies in the exchanges. It is about what they thought for the opening round. The pool would be much smaller than all people with policies because most people get insured through their employer.

I love the way you dimwits think that your "5 million" are people that did not get insurance. They were all likely offered new policies & then they had the exchanges.

If there are 60 million households with private insurance then cancelling only 5 million a year would mean policies last on the average 12 years. Proving you people are having a fit about nothing.

Orlando, FL

#1113323 Apr 8, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>you are insane.why would a guy spend his entire life to become president only to ruin that country?
you are certifiably insane...
He has been taught to go against everything this country stands for from a very early age - from his mother who made him believe third world countries had an advantage over prosperous ones to Marxist mentors like Frank Marshall Davis who was very prominent in his life according to Obama's own words to Black Liberation Theology and Reverend Jeremiah Wright who blamed all of the ills in the black community on "whitey" for 20 years while Obama sat in his church and listened to him..

It's payback time. Don't you get it?

Orlando, FL

#1113324 Apr 8, 2014
Slash wrote:
<quoted text>
Oink like a pig then.
That's exactly what your liberal propagandists are going to tell you to do next, I'm afraid.

Resist the temptation. That's all I ask.

Since: May 11

Blain, PA

#1113325 Apr 8, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Nakoula Basseley Nakoula was only arrested after the attack and his video was discovered on YouTube using an alias after having some trouble with the law in the past.
In August of last year, he was released from prison to serve his remaining sentence in a halfway house and on probation for the next four years. In September, he was released from the halfway house to the custody of a pastor in California.
His life will always be in danger because of that video. But you have no problem with that. Just videos that smear Christ and the Christian faith are allowed in a free country because of free speech - according to you and people like you. Correct?
Carol, quit being such an ass. The man was arrested for parole violations. Not the video.

Lets see the Christians protest the new "Noah" movie.
Slash

United States

#1113326 Apr 8, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>You, my liberal friend, have a lying issue. Not once have I ever said Obama didn't graduate from college. You made that up and, therefore, it became truth. No wonder you are so easily swayed by the powerful and power hungry.

Wake up. Or wise up. Do something. Just snap out of it. You're in a self-induced state of propagandized hypnosis. They might tell you to start acting like a chicken or something else even more embarrassing.
Youarethisclose to recognizing your own stupidity.

Orlando, FL

#1113327 Apr 8, 2014
Well, anyway, I've said my 2 cents' worth for the time being.

But isn't anyone else besides me a little concerned that the dollar might collapse even before the end of Obama's second term?

Because that concerns me a lot.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#1113328 Apr 8, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>what does that have to do with the total lack of evidence that the attack was planned? it was a pretty haphazard attack.. if they planned it , they did a shitty job.
Let's see now...
They blast their way into the compound with an assault team so fast they catch the first person they kill in an open room and force Stevens into the safe room alone, while a different team was positioned to stop any help from coming from the CIA annex, which after there was no response from Obama for several hours, that security team repositioned and attacked the CIA annex and killed two more Americans. Yup. Poor planning.
The President of Libya detained 50 Al Qaeda and interrogated them, and he told Obama the attack was planned 6 months before, which would have been before the video Obama lied about even existed.
However, if you want to ask the terrorists themselves, disguise yourself as a western news network and just walk around Libya or Tunisia. The terrorists will find you and give you an interview and tell you all about it.
So, if every western journalist that drops out of the sky into Libya can find those terrorists, why can't Obama find them?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 9 min District 1 222,302
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 27 min Into The Night 61,000
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 32 min Ize Found 70,937
abby8-24-16 32 min Sublime1 2
News Former Mayor Daley responds to question about C... 1 hr the late Mr Kotchman 3
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr Sublime1 103,425
Word (Dec '08) 3 hr RACE 6,685

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages