Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1396296 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1113088 Apr 8, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
John Galt - racist f*ck. Just like many of the white whiners posting here.
Pathetic
Top o' da mornin' to ya, y'ol' racist pig!

Now go splash yer face with some cold water.

Better yet, just fill the sink and hold your face underwater for a few hours.
TheIndependentMa jority

Hudson, OH

#1113089 Apr 8, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
John Galt - racist f*ck. Just like many of the white whiners posting here.
Pathetic
Listen DUHHH A Vey-

"If you like your insurance, you can keep it"

While SOME things are good about the ACA, it is still Not EXACTLY a pillar of total REAL truth FOR the people (rather than divide and DRAIN against them) either, if ya know what I mean.

FAR from it, in MUCH need of MUCH work still, to be beneficial for ALLLL the struggling, uninsured WORKING CLASS people (NOT just fweeriders or the employer subsidized (Galt)...)

So don't sit too high up on that butter back horse Mr, cuz ya might find yourself fell off and underneath it...'cuz it all still LACKS a lot!
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1113090 Apr 8, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
What?!!! and run me over?
You've got wheelchair parts stuck to your windshield wipers and undercarriage, sicko.
Stay away from me or taser that inflatable doll you carry around with you.
Hope its full of hydrogen when I do.
If you had an ounce of integrity you would hang yourself, hell you would only need a four foot high branch. or perhaps you and old Independent could volunteer again as test dummies.
PDUPONT

Chicopee, MA

#1113091 Apr 8, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
The report is a little misleading. It also reports:
Cool temperature trends continue in Earth’s lower stratosphere: The average lower stratospheric temperature, about six to ten miles above the Earth’s surface, for 2012 was record to near-record cold, depending on the dataset.
But it does go on to say: Increasing greenhouse gases and decline of stratospheric ozone tend to cool the stratosphere while warming the planet near-surface layers.
The problem with this is an IPCC report:
Another analysis of a 21-station data set from Antarctica by Comiso (1999) found a warming trend equivalent to 1.25°C per century for a 45-year record beginning in the 1950s BUT A SLIGHT COOLING TREND from 1979 to 1998...There was a COOLING PERIOD in the late 1700s and 1800s and A WARMING over the 19th century with greater variability and change in winter than in summer.
http://www.ipcc.ch/ipccreports/tar/wg2/index....
Apparently, warming and cooling trends are just part of natural climate change.
The other problem with global warming using CO2 emissions as the reason is the Ice Age.
No Carol, the study is not misleading. Despite some periods of cooling the fact remains that we have lived through the warmest 30-year period in the last 1,400 years. Since 1850 each decade has been progressively warmer than the one preceding.
Between 1901 and 2010, the global mean sea level rose by about 7.4 inches. Levels are expected to rise at a faster pace than they have over the past 40 years and could rise anywhere between 10 inches and 32 inches.
These are facts Carol.
Warming and cooling trends have normally occurred over long periods of time. The changes we're seeing are occurring at too fast a rate to be caused by any natural phenomena.
What Ice Age are you talking about Carol? There's been several. I would expect a hot shot teacher like you to know this. And what relevance do they have anyway? Ice ages were caused by different factors including continental shift and volcanic mega eruptions. So this has what to do about anything?

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1113092 Apr 8, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
If you had an ounce of integrity you would hang yourself, hell you would only need a four foot high branch. or perhaps you and old Independent could volunteer again as test dummies.
I'm already well hung so you can skip the advice, palzy.

Since: May 11

Blain, PA

#1113093 Apr 8, 2014
dont snow me wrote:
EDITORIAL: End Clinton-era military base gun ban - Washington ...
www.washingtontimes.com/.../end-clinton-era-m... ;
The Washington Times
Nov 11, 2009 - Last week's slaughter at Fort Hood Army base in Texas was no ... acts upon taking office in 1993 was to disarm U.S. soldiers on military bases..... Ben Carson: Where Are Liberals When Black Conservatives Are Harassed?
Ban guns on military bases ordered by Former President Clinton
franksmithsaysnb.blogspot.com/.../ban-guns-on... ;
1 day ago - As usual, the liberal drive by media is failing to tell the public the whole ... taking office in 1993 was to disarm U.S. soldiers on military bases.
In March 1993, President Bill Clinton ordered a ban of all guns on military bases not because of any problem that needed to be addressed, but apparently because he is simply a typical gun hating liberal Democrat. "Among President Clinton’s first acts upon taking office in 1993 was to disarm U.S. soldiers on military bases. In March 1993, the Army imposed regulations forbidding military personnel from carrying their personal firearms and making it almost impossible for commanders to issue firearms to soldiers in the U.S. for personal protection.(Washington Times 11/11/09).
Republicans cherish our volunteers, they trust our brave soldiers, libs despise them, see them as a necessary evil.
It's well known Hillary despised the military personnel stationed or visiting the WH.
The right whiner solution to gun violence is more guns.

Military leaders say to keep the ban in place.

Blain, PA

#1113094 Apr 8, 2014
dont snow me wrote:
<quoted text>
And libs expect someone to wail and gnash their teeth over 3 murderous, child killing barbarians who had some water poured on their heads.
If only some of their loved ones would have had their heads chopped off or blown to smithereens by some nut job suicide bomber shouting "Allah Akbar"!
I'd love to see Oblamer, Reid, Pelosi, Schumer, etc. standing beside the coffins of their children murdered by islamofascists.
Love how you right whiners condone torture.

In the past when we want to paint other country's leaders as being dictators & evil, we talk about how they torture people.

Now right whiners think it is justified even though experts say it gets you very little useful information.

Blain, PA

#1113095 Apr 8, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Lying by omission is one of your favorites:
"According to the Army Times newspaper, the Army issued a separate regulation in 1993, under the watch of President Bill Clinton, reinforcing the DoD directive."
http://ktth.com/2014/04/03/military-allow-sol...

So, you admit is was in effect before Clinton confirmed it.
PDUPONT

Chicopee, MA

#1113096 Apr 8, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you say Obama "was able to successfully withdraw from Iraq"?
There is a black flag flying over Baghdad. The enemy eventually won and all it took was for Obama to fold his cards prematurely without putting up so much as an argument to ensure residual troops remained so that all the blood and treasure wouldn't be lost.
We could have "successfully withdrawn" and let the enemy win after they claimed Iraq the frontlines a long time ago right after we "successfully" toppled Saddam's regime. The point of any war is to NOT let the enemy win and especially, after winning, to surrender.
Maybe Obama should "successfully withdraw" from Afghanistan and Pakistan too.
There is no "black flag" flying over Bagdad liar. The only reason Al Qaeda was able to gain a foothold in Iraq is because of George W's invasion of that country. You have to be one of the last dunces in the world to think that we accomplished anything with this feckless adventure other than losing over 4000 American lives and causing thousands more to return home physically and emotionally maimed. Bush also managed to destabilize the region giving a free hand to Islamic radicals and giving Iran increased influence.

Blain, PA

#1113097 Apr 8, 2014
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"realdumb"
Are you saying the boy president, nobama, the head of the muslim brotherhood is not in charge of anything? Does Jarret amke all the decisions?
Peace
KMA
GPUAR
Lying, bigoted, senile Eed. The President is not a member of the Muslim Brotherhood.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1113098 Apr 8, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm already well hung so you can skip the advice, palzy.
Sure you are, thus the nickname Beanie Winnie. Or course when you are only 3'tall....
PDUPONT

Chicopee, MA

#1113099 Apr 8, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
Apparently, warming and cooling trends are just part of natural climate change according to an IPCC report.
http://www.ipcc.ch/ipccreports/tar/wg2/index....
There have been global cooling and warming trends as long as temperatures have been recorded.
The other problem with global warming and CO2 emissions is, of course, the Ice Age.
When alarmists can explain the Ice Age, then we'll talk. Did CO2 emissions melt all that ice?
Once again Carol there was more than one Ice Age and since they happened long before humans started using fossil fuels how are they even relevant?

Blain, PA

#1113100 Apr 8, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
That slut, didn't she know he was married?:-)
He knew she was married.

Republican hypocrisy. Reminds me of right whiner hero Newt.
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1113101 Apr 8, 2014
Rough week so far for Rupublican congressman Vance McCallister of Louisiana. At least is was a " female" staffer and no diapers or cocaine involved.

Some may recall that McCallister's chief sponsor was Willie Robertson.

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

Since: Dec 06

KREUZBERG...

#1113102 Apr 8, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
It was Daniel and the Lion but I won't go there right now:)
Here, though, is a story of Ants and Ant Lions - BOTH bugs:
Ant vs. Ant Lion: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =aj6JXrPCVfoXX
Woodtick wouldn't stand a chance shooting her mouth off in a Topix Forum with a host like that.
What happens when you pour 1200F molten aluminum into an anthill?: http://www.youtube.com/watch...
A Christian Bug is what the Roman Soldiers planted beneath Judas Iscariot's robes when they wired him before The Last Supper..
They were all wired...don't you think?
I have to find out now what happens to that Ant hill...sounds horrific..

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#1113103 Apr 8, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Galt believes that police do not belong in schools unless a crime has been committed and they intend to arrest someone. If you use cops to break up a fight between students, the students will end up with a felony arrest....or often dead.......
Cops need to stay out of the corridors and classrooms of our schools. An armed camp isn't compatible with learning in young people . You can't maintain order or create respect on fear for very long if at all.
PDUPONT

Chicopee, MA

#1113104 Apr 8, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
As soon as "scientists" explain how all the ice melted after the Ice Age, we'll talk about gibberish.
But maybe you can explain why there have been cooling and warming trends for centuries before global CO2 emissions.
Might it have something to do with the sun and solar flares? Or just natural climate phenomenon that can't be controlled or taxed? Just two suggestions.
No Carol the consensus of the majority of climatologists is that it's the unprecedented rise in CO2 emissions coming from fossil fuels. Solar flares have nothing to do with it.

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

KREUZBERG...

#1113105 Apr 8, 2014

Ant Lion Facts...yikes!!

I hope Housing won't be held under slumlords...

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

KREUZBERG...

#1113106 Apr 8, 2014
Wow and EY!!!!!!!!!!

What a freak barely awake and someone's already busy freaking plastering the posts...LIKE WT FREAK??????????

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

KREUZBERG...

#1113107 Apr 8, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure you are, thus the nickname Beanie Winnie. Or course when you are only 3'tall....
LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 16 min Dr Phil 217,024
last post wins! (Dec '10) 28 min honeymylove 2,154
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 44 min Patriot AKA Bozo 60,168
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr Ize Fund 70,734
News Obamas choose New York architects to design Chi... 1 hr bozo 1
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr Go Blue Forever 102,553
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr GEORGIA 8,924

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages