Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
1,021,861 - 1,021,880 of 1,101,335 Comments Last updated 10 min ago
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1111488 Apr 5, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
their hypocrisy is more than laughable at times. it's kinda sad.
Laughable Plus__and the bozos take themselves so very seriously while knowing that barely anyone reads/heeds their insanity..

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1111489 Apr 5, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
each and every case of voter fraud deprives someone else of their vote....
that is a serious problem....
a way to prevent the very few documented cases of voter fraud?

St. Croix valley

#1111490 Apr 5, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
So you don't have a link?
What I thought.
I haven't posted the link because given your mindset about this you wouldn't understand what the law says anyway-all you want to do is argue.
what a bunch of bullshit. yo post no link as you have none.

you are too predictable...

“Stop Child Soliders”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1111492 Apr 5, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Yet CNS news is legit??? ROFLMAO
L. Brent Bozell doesn't even write the opinion crap that appears under his name but simply calls in story ideas and underlings whip up a piece that follows a script__where anti lib rhetoric outweighs truth.
Barely a day goes by on this thread that one of Bozell's, cough, stories is not link by some mope to support some ridiculous right wing point.
I thought you were some hotsy totsy ed-u-ca-tor.
CNN is a legit news source but their choices of what to cover and how they do it is a total disaster--the public will decide on the quality of their news. They are losing their audience-down 16% the first quarter.

St. Croix valley

#1111493 Apr 5, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
It isn't a "card swiper". Magnetic strips are insecure. It uses a QR code-the one where you tap it on the machine.
I didn't say EVERYONE has these machines. I said it is limit to certain qualified and licensed merchants including car dealerships, insurance companies and liquor establishments.
The info is not on the card! No one can get access to the data base without documented credentials.
my DL doesn't even have that..and yes, you were arguing that when anyone swipes your DL, they are accessing the DMV database..

i see now you are running from your own words already when you realize you have been proven wrong...

typical of you...find even one instance of voter fraud that could have been prevented even with fancy new DLs at the polls? are you going to run from those word also?
Progressive Retardation

Los Angeles, CA

#1111494 Apr 5, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
each and every case of voter fraud deprives someone else of their vote....
that is a serious problem....
Not if you're a LibTard

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1111495 Apr 5, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Sherrod was clearly fired.....
the purpose of the video was to show the NAALCP cheering black racism, not to trash the reputation of a nobody like Sherrod....
a nobody who had cheated the taxpayers of billions of dollars in the Pigford scam.....
IMO, Breitbart's attempts to retaliate against Sherrod by trying to defame her through her connection to Pigford is only going to hurt the case in court. He should have kept his mouth shut.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1111496 Apr 5, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Sherrod was clearly fired.....
the purpose of the video was to show the NAALCP cheering black racism, not to trash the reputation of a nobody like Sherrod....
a nobody who had cheated the taxpayers of billions of dollars in the Pigford scam.....
you mean 'the edited video shows NAACP racism'.

somehow, the unedited version doesn't.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1111497 Apr 5, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>well, we have verified that companies can purchase access to some DMV records. my employer can go online and check our record and validity of license as we are commercial drivers. but they have set-up access . not everyone with a card swiper can access that database as these fools like roxlo alleged. it just doesn't happen. those card readers are just taking info off the card.
My state, Florida has sunshine (open gov) laws that exceed those of all other states. And we've got a little gal down here name Rachel Fugate who smacks the livin cht out of judges and anyone else who stands in the way of open government.

Here, the DMV actually sells the DL info wholesale to marketing companies and such who convert it into call and/or mailing lists. Our voter lists/rolls (FVRS) are also available to companies and individuals. County residents can request a free copy of their FVRS or get the entire state list for a modest amount__$25 or so.

Still__privacy is an issue everywhere, even here, and I'll never allow a bartender, a convenience store or supermarket clerk to swipe my DL. to make a simple purchase.
I would however, submit to a national car rental agency, certain hotel companies and perhaps a few other companies.where the need is justified.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1111498 Apr 5, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
You may not realize this but your hate of one religion while ignoring what is going on with another not makes you not only hypocritical but phobic.
Tell us again how that site is not a progressive site. Names mean nothing-it is all about ideology.
So you still are refusing to deal with the reality that most violent crimes against gays are occurring in Muslim countries.
hypocrite much Muslim hater?

Killing gays in God’s name

It is not just the fringes of Christianity where calls for violence occur, but from organizations that are considered mainstream. In January, for example, Campus Crusade For Christ (which recently rebranded itself with the hipper sounding “Cru”) sponsored an evangelism conference in Lagos, Nigeria. At the event, Dr. Seyoum Antonios, the head of United For Life Ethiopia, incited the crowd to frenzy, shouting multiple times that,“Africa will become a graveyard for homosexuality!”

Antonios can’t simply be dismissed as a renegade speaker, because two high-ranking vice presidents in the Campus Crusade international organization, Bekele Shanko and Dela Adedevoh, organized the conference. They invited Antonios to speak even though it was widely known that he led a movement to legislate the death penalty for LGBT people in Ethiopia.

The question is, why is an American organization that is currently on 1,600 college campuses, as well as extensive outreach within the U.S. military, giving a platform to an aspiring murderer? It seems that the policy for groups like Cru is to persecute homosexuals to the full extent that a country allows them to get away with. Which begs the question: What would they do to gays in America if given free rein?

http://www.dallasvoice.com/killing-gays-gods-...

and TAC is a progressive conservative site. or if you will: conservatives who can actually see the real picture without blind ideology getting in the way.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1111500 Apr 5, 2014
Pinocchiobama wrote:
<quoted text> "hypocrisy"? Did you say, "hypocrisy"?... LOL ... Barack Hussein Obama: "Lie of the Year" ... LOL
LOL

Palin, Romney, and assorted nutjobs. liars of the year. from a site that you nutjobs used to call a left wing site because of Palin, Romney, and assorted nutjobs getting nailed to the wall.

“Stop Child Soliders”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1111501 Apr 5, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>sorry pal, you sho have read that law...again, they are just scanning the mag strip on the back not accessing the data base of your state..
LOOOOser!
http://seattletimes.com/html/businesstechnolo...
read the part where the director of the DMV says" the only information on that strip is what is on the front of the card...."
when you try to bullshit, it is only making you look more foolish!
I still challenge this assertion as insurance agencies and car dealerships have access to more info than what is on the front of the card through their merchant system. In the case of liquor merchants what info they have is restricted.

It also seems foolish to put the same info on the back as the front-it offers nothing new and leaves it open to forgery as QR code makers become readily available if it is not verified as valid by comparing numbers with the base . Maybe that is what he is saying-nothing new is being sent but what is on the front.

Noted the article is four years old.

Nebraska laws do allow certain merchants access to their data bases-it is not a violation of the law.

I will leave it there.

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#1111502 Apr 5, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>and yet i did for this.
90 percent of your posts are OPINION.......and you are entitled to expressing it and nothing more...

you might want to reign in that overly stimulated ego of yours if you want to influence and possibly 'convert' some of the 'on the fence' crowd in here (it there is any).......as for the already converted, you are a monumental laughing stock....

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#1111504 Apr 5, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
You may not realize this but your hate of one religion while ignoring what is going on with another not makes you not only hypocritical but phobic.
Tell us again how that site is not a progressive site. Names mean nothing-it is all about ideology.
So you still are refusing to deal with the reality that most violent crimes against gays are occurring in Muslim countries.
why are people like you so concerned about what goes on in other countries when someone speaks out against violence in this country.
or how other countries repress christianity when someone speaks out against christians trying to force their religious dogma on the rest of us with organized prayers at gov't/school functions, displays of christian dogma in public/gov't buildings, land etc.

when will you learn that what goes on in other countries is their business (excluding acts like genocide) and we can't control it .
however what goes on in this country is our business.

christianity and christians in this country have a terrible record of violating the civil rights and lives of millions. From how early European settlers and later Americans committed genocide against Native Americans, almost wiping them out, to African slaves, Jim Crow laws, lynchings to anti-homosexual violence, anti-abortion terrorism, assassination of abortion providers.

BTW I'm against all religion, they're just an excuse to commit crimes against humanity, well except for Buddhism.

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#1111505 Apr 5, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
hypocrite much Muslim hater?
Killing gays in God’s name
It is not just the fringes of Christianity where calls for violence occur, but from organizations that are considered mainstream. In January, for example, Campus Crusade For Christ (which recently rebranded itself with the hipper sounding “Cru”) sponsored an evangelism conference in Lagos, Nigeria. At the event, Dr. Seyoum Antonios, the head of United For Life Ethiopia, incited the crowd to frenzy, shouting multiple times that,“Africa will become a graveyard for homosexuality!”
Antonios can’t simply be dismissed as a renegade speaker, because two high-ranking vice presidents in the Campus Crusade international organization, Bekele Shanko and Dela Adedevoh, organized the conference. They invited Antonios to speak even though it was widely known that he led a movement to legislate the death penalty for LGBT people in Ethiopia.
The question is, why is an American organization that is currently on 1,600 college campuses, as well as extensive outreach within the U.S. military, giving a platform to an aspiring murderer? It seems that the policy for groups like Cru is to persecute homosexuals to the full extent that a country allows them to get away with. Which begs the question: What would they do to gays in America if given free rein?
http://www.dallasvoice.com/killing-gays-gods-...
and TAC is a progressive conservative site. or if you will: conservatives who can actually see the real picture without blind ideology getting in the way.
I can see it now....SonicMoron asking the brothers on the basketball court about homosexuality....what a visual!!!!!!

now on the tennis court....that conversation might fly....

Americans don't care about homosexuals........

LESS than 0.5 percent....

http://www.gallup.com/poll/1675/most-importan...

Location hidden

#1111506 Apr 5, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
there is no documentation to support your charges....
however, in 2011, the Institute received $25,000 from the Charles G. Koch Foundation. The Charles Koch Foundation states that the contribution was "$25,000 to the Heartland Institute in 2011 for research in healthcare, not climate change, and this was the first and only donation the Foundation made to the institute in more than a decade".....
hardly "bought and paid for" ......
Ever hear of the Koch's "Knowledge and Progress Fund? Or the Donor's Fund? The Donor's Fund "funnels hundreds of millions of dollars from wealthy contributors to a host of right-wing organizations." It is well reported that the Koch brothers funnel money through that fund and other less-traceable means. Their foundation gave almost $8 million to DonorsTrust between 2005 and 2011. The Donors Trust gave $13 million to Heartland Institute.

Location hidden

#1111507 Apr 5, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
taxpayers serving on juries should understand that they themselves are paying the judgments, out of their own pockets.....
Only a Republican would make decisions based on their pocketbook rather than the morals and evidence of the case.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1111508 Apr 5, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Says the person who ALWAYS posts from-blogs, opinion editorials, Media Matters, Talking Points Memos, and other partisan sites.
here ya go. a twofer. TAC and Jim Antle who's the editor of the Daily Caller News Foundation and senior editor at The American Spectator.

Whither the Tea Party?

After five years, the movement can reinvest in Ted Cruz's fundraising apparatus or pursue a framework for policy reform.

....Many grassroots conservatives see Cruz as the last honest man in Washington. He fights against the liberal policies most Republicans rail against on the campaign trail, in the process seeming to expose many of his colleagues as unwilling to back up their election-year talk.

But there is a question of results. The spike in popular discontent with Obamacare Cruz mentions came after the law’s implementation, not during his filibuster. The House’s full or partial 40 repeal votes, which Cruz downplayed, would have clearly positioned Republicans as the anti-Obamacare party. Even so, Cruz still could have called attention to the “incredible harms Obamacare is visiting on millions of Americans” without a government shutdown that served mainly to distract the public from those harms.

Since then, the Tea Party has been weaker in Washington. Republicans passed a bipartisan budget that rolled back some of sequestration, the biggest spending cut success the party has had since the 2010 elections. Congress also passed a bloated nearly $1 trillion farm bill and a clean debt ceiling increase while rescinding the largest spending cut Republicans got in exchange for weakening the sequester.

After the Obamacare funding fight ended, Republican congressional leaders seemed much more willing to defy the Tea Party.

Cruz’s indictment of the party establishment is entirely correct. Republicans have long won power running on platforms they will never enact. The question is whether the Tea Party will replace the establishment, by offering something like Lee’s creative agenda for conservative reform, or ape it by raising money and nursing conservative grievances.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/articl...
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1111509 Apr 5, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
The only reason Susie Breitbart is involved personally is because her attorneys claimed there was no "estate". It is unfortunate for Mrs. Breitbart that Andrew didn't think enough of his family to protect them from such proceedings.
"Under California Code of Civil Procedure 377.42. In an action or proceeding against a decedent’s personal representative or, to the extent provided by statute, against the decedent’s successor in interest, on a cause of action against the decedent, all damages are recoverable that might have been recovered against the decedent had the decedent lived except damages recoverable under Section 3294 of the Civil Code or other punitive or exemplary damages."
Andy must have hated everybody.

I wonder if his wife is not a conservative?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1111510 Apr 5, 2014
killtaker wrote:
<quoted text>
I can see it now....SonicMoron asking the brothers on the basketball court about homosexuality....what a visual!!!!!!
now on the tennis court....that conversation might fly....
Americans don't care about homosexuals........
LESS than 0.5 percent....
http://www.gallup.com/poll/1675/most-importan...
the bros aren't right wing haters. it's: as long as they don't hit on me!

i play tennis with a gay guy, so, yeah.

and it's good to see that you don't care about the issue. so can you please shut up about it?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 17 min litesong 46,375
Michelle Obama, f/k/a MICHAEL LAVAUGHN ROBINSON 28 min FXX 3
Are ISIS and Obama in Cahoots??? 31 min My Flowers 5
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr Whiny1 4,683
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr I Hate You 49,487
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 1 hr _Zoey_ 7,753
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr LRS 177,520
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE