Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1603858 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#1113472 Apr 8, 2014
frontporchreactionary wrote:

<quoted text> Do republicans really like wasting taxpayers' money on fake scandal mongering non-issues?( In the 90's, How much did it cost tax payers to find out from Ken Starr 's 'Watergate investigation' that the Clintons' had nothing to do with the real estate scam(they were out before it was even planned) and Monica Lewinsky liked cigars?

DEMOCRATS wasted a million bucks watching a shrimp run a treadmill...
Aphelion

Melbourne, FL

#1113473 Apr 8, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>and there you could have countered my facts if you thought they were stupid...why is it you didn't again?
oh yeah...you couldn't...
smack!
Still attempting to peddle your opinions as facts? Doesn't appear that anyone is buying. LOL

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1113474 Apr 8, 2014
Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure I can. You claimed to be a conservative.
You lied.
Done deal, except for a liar like you!
No debate.
Have a nice day, liar.
then why can't you show anything at all that even suggests i am not a conservative?

why is it you cannot even explain what a conservative is? oh yeah, you are a moron...

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#1113475 Apr 8, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>i know history far, far better than you do..i keep schooling you on it.
what does your cut and paste have to do with anything?
how bout we go back to your lie about no one seeing the video? recent history that has to to with the topic at hand...why do you keep lying about that history?
Seventeen people saw the video, according to the youtube counter, before Obama lied about it. Seventeen, out of 8+ billion people in the world. Those seventeen hits were most likely just the people who made the video watching themselves.
Nobody ever saw that video before Obama lied about it causing some "spontaneous demonstration" that never happened and nobody has any evidence of.

So, what evidence did the White House or State Department ever have of a "spontaneous demonstration" that never happened Obama lied about to cover up the Al Qaeda attack on the United States in Benghazi?

And, you obviously don't know enough history to contribute to this discussion. Perhaps you were sidetracked by having to answer questions about Obama lying about some spontaneous demonstration that never happened and nobody has any evidence of. I'll give to you your history lesson again. You're assignment is to add to this list of events in history.

Let's help the people here learn some history. How about we start with recent US history and the most significant event of the previous century, the Cold War. A study of one of the proxy wars of the Cold War would be most useful. A study of Korea is an example of how the US saving a country from communist slavery allows that country to become one of the super power economies of the world. How about an example of a country the US didn't save... Vietnam.
Let's start at the beginning.
The Japanese army was in Vietnam when the war ended. The Chinese monitored their removal in the northern portion of Vietnam. The Brittish monitored their removal from the southern portion of Vietnam. After the Japanese army was removed, the Brittish army left Vietnam. The Chinese didn't leave. Ho Chi Minh goes to Paris and asks the French to come back to Vietnam and force the Chinese to leave. The French return to Vietnam and bring elections with them, and the Chinese leave Vietnam.
Take it from there. Tell us what happened in Vietnam that eventually led to the US being involved.
.... got a problem there, don't you? You don't know a fucking thing about history, do you?
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1113476 Apr 8, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> You do realize that happened over a month ago while Russia was taking care of Crimea?
No I didn't realize that; nonetheless a friend called last night and told me it was on; I totally enjoyed it. Life goes one despite what the Russians are doing, much to your chagrin.

Location hidden

#1113477 Apr 8, 2014
Speaking of wasting our money....

Democrats and their wacky science...

$682,580

Crabs on treadmills!!!!!

http://www.nsf.gov/discoveries/disc_summ.jsp...

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#1113478 Apr 8, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Your complete lack of capacity to interact with the real world is evident.
Perhaps you can contribute to my... interaction with the real world. Please help me understand how the United States became involved in Vietnam.

How about we start with recent US history and the most significant event of the previous century, the Cold War. A study of one of the proxy wars of the Cold War would be most useful. A study of Korea is an example of how the US saving a country from communist slavery allows that country to become one of the super power economies of the world. How about an example of a country the US didn't save... Vietnam.
The Japanese army was in Vietnam when the war ended. The Chinese monitored their removal in the northern portion of Vietnam. The Brittish monitored their removal from the southern portion of Vietnam. After the Japanese army was removed, the Brittish army left Vietnam. The Chinese didn't leave. Ho Chi Minh goes to Paris and asks the French to come back to Vietnam and force the Chinese to leave. The French return to Vietnam and bring elections with them, and the Chinese leave Vietnam.
Take it from there. Tell us what happened in Vietnam that eventually led to the US being involved.
.... got a problem there, don't you? You don't know a fucking thing about history, do you?

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#1113479 Apr 8, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Strom Thurman (SC) filibustered it. You know your buddy Strom who became a Republican.
The Senate passed it with 18 Democrats voting no.
2 each from LA, NC, VA, GA, AL, AR, SC, MS 1 from WV & 1 from OR.
So yes,it was regional.
June 10, 1964, was a dramatic day in the United States Senate. For the first time in its history, cloture was invoked on a civil rights bill, ending a record-breaking filibuster by Democrats that had consumed fifty-seven working days. The hero of the hour was minority leader Senator Everett McKinley Dirksen (R-Ill.).

On June 10, 1964, Democrats filibustered the Civil Rights Act.

On this day in 1964, Everett Dirksen (R-IL), the Republican Leader in the U.S. Senate, condemned the Democrats’ 57-day filibuster against the 1964 Civil Rights Act. Leading the Democrats in their opposition to civil rights for African-Americans was Senator Robert Byrd (D-WV). Byrd, who got into politics as a recruiter for the Ku Klux Klan, spoke against the bill for fourteen straight hours. Democrats still call Robert Byrd “the conscience of the Senate.”

In his speech, Senator Dirksen called on the Democrats to end their filibuster and accept racial equality.
I am always reminded of the Democrats: the party of Slavery, Secession, Segregation and the KKK… fought against equality.

And let's go back once again: you need to stop with the selective history lesson.

The truth is that Kennedy voted against the 1957 Civil rights Act while he was a senator, as did Democrat Senator Al Gore, Sr. And after he became president, Kennedy was opposed to the 1963 March on Washington by Dr. King that was organized by A. Phillip Randolph who was a black Republican. President Kennedy, through his brother Attorney General Robert Kennedy, had Dr. King wiretapped and investigated by the FBI on suspicion of being a Communist in order to undermine Dr. King.

Contrary to popular belief, Kennedy never made the call to get Dr. King out of jail. The call was made by Harris Wofford, Kennedy’s Civil Rights Advisor, who was a personal friend of the Kings. Wofford said Kennedy was angry about the call because Kennedy thought it would make him lose the Southern vote. However, the call eventually worked in Kennedy’s favor. This revelation is contained in Wofford’s book “Of Kennedys and Kings” on pages 14-23.

As for Senator Mike Mansfield, he was from Montana, one of the farthest west of all the midwestern states; so, he does not help your attempt to pit the South against the North.

Lyndon B Johnson was weak on Civil Rights, only wanting to give blacks enough incentive to keep them on the Democratic Plantation; once going so far as to say, "“These Negroes, they’re getting uppity these days. That’s a problem for us, since they got something now they never had before. The
political pull to back up their upityness. Now, we’ve got to do
something about this. We’ve got to give them a little something. Just
enough to quiet them down, but not enough to make a difference. If we
don’t move at all, their allies will line up against us. And there’ll be
no way to stop them. It’ll be Reconstruction all over again.”
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1113480 Apr 8, 2014
prentend i am leo wrote:
<quoted text>it's 'their' not 'they're' you stupid dumb bitch. you're so dumb you should drop dead.
Yes I noticed that mistake; now; gfy
Jesus Christ

Denver, CO

#1113481 Apr 8, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
the bottom line is that Medicaid is welfare, not insurance....
if you people are proud of putting more people on welfare, where does it end???...
It "ends" in the grave... If you like "growth" so much then you're going to have to pay for it...

St. Croix valley

#1113482 Apr 8, 2014
killtaker wrote:
88 cents , 100 cents, and income inequality at the OBAMA WH is different...
"White House Press Secretary Jay Carney doesn't like when you apply the same logic governing wages in private businesses to his employer's own payroll. As President Obama prepares to sign an executive order addressing the gender gap in federal contractors' wages, critics have pointed out that female White House staffers make an average of 88 cents for every dollar male staffers earn."
http://reason.com/blog/2014/04/08/white-house...
it is fun to watch you make an ass of yourself with your ignorance and stupidity..

no male gets paid more than a female at the white house for the same job...

you don't even understand what you are reading, do you?

so funny how stupid you are!!!

St. Croix valley

#1113483 Apr 8, 2014
Aphelion wrote:
<quoted text>
Still attempting to peddle your opinions as facts? Doesn't appear that anyone is buying. LOL
and you still can'[t counter one of them

not one...

are you gonna let me slap you around all night again...i enjoy besting you on every subject we talk about...can you name one time you got anything right? even one? i can't...

Location hidden

#1113484 Apr 8, 2014
Democrats and their science projects....

just this week they blew...

$122,811.00

on Tilapia....

"....To accomplish this work, the fish species tilapia will be reared in tanks with water and food components having unique and controlled isotopic compositions. The isotopic composition of individual amino acids, particularly those that are indispensable for growth..."

http://www.nsf.gov/awardsearch/showAward...
NuculurVodkaOpti on

Satellite Beach, FL

#1113485 Apr 8, 2014
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I noticed that mistake; now; gfy
It's your vodka.

St. Croix valley

#1113486 Apr 8, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Seventeen people saw the video, according to the youtube counter, before Obama lied about it. Seventeen, out of 8+ billion people in the world. Those seventeen hits were most likely just the people who made the video watching themselves.
Nobody ever saw that video before Obama lied about it causing some "spontaneous demonstration" that never happened and nobody has any evidence of.
So, what evidence did the White House or State Department ever have of a "spontaneous demonstration" that never happened Obama lied about to cover up the Al Qaeda attack on the United States in Benghazi?
And, you obviously don't know enough history to contribute to this discussion. Perhaps you were sidetracked by having to answer questions about Obama lying about some spontaneous demonstration that never happened and nobody has any evidence of. I'll give to you your history lesson again. You're assignment is to add to this list of events in history.
Let's help the people here learn some history. How about we start with recent US history and the most significant event of the previous century, the Cold War. A study of one of the proxy wars of the Cold War would be most useful. A study of Korea is an example of how the US saving a country from communist slavery allows that country to become one of the super power economies of the world. How about an example of a country the US didn't save... Vietnam.
that has been proven to be bullshit..

i showed you that the Grand Mufti of Egyp saw it and told his millions of followers to protest over the video..that is the fun things abotu religious cults, they didn't even have to see it, in fact watching it would have been heresy for them. but they will protest and kill over it when their cult leaders tell them to.

and yet you still openly lie about this after i have totally proved yoru bullshit to be just that..why?

why do you always lie about everything?

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1113487 Apr 8, 2014
Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, sure. Do you mean with Hillary's "What difference does it make!' shriek?
What you really mean is they have been answered you your Government class Zombie satisfaction.
It was a video!
Hillary's comment was taken out of context and you know it. U.S. Sen. Ron Johnson, R-Wis, was a Republican a**hole on a witch hunt.

Johnson: The point I’m making is, a very simple phone call to these individuals, I think, would’ve ascertained immediately that there was no protest prior to this. This attack started at 9:40 p.m. Benghazi time and it was an assault. I appreciate the fact that you called it an assault. But I’m going back to then-Ambassador [Susan] Rice five days later going on the Sunday shows and, what I would say, is purposefully misleading the American public. Why wasn’t that known? And again, I appreciate the fact that the transparency of this hearing, but why weren’t we transparent to that point in time?

Clinton: Well, first of all, Senator, I would say that once the assault happened, and once we got our people rescued and out, our most immediate concern was, number one, taking care of their injuries. As I said, I still have a DS [Diplomatic Security] agent at Walter Reed seriously injured; getting them into Frankfurt, Ramstein to get taken care of, the FBI going over immediately to start talking to them. We did not think it was appropriate for us to talk to them before the FBI conducted their interviews. And we did not, I think this is accurate, sir (interrupted by U.S. Sen. Ron Johnson, R-Wis. because she was interfering with his agenda)"

Johnson: But, Madame Secretary, do you disagree with me that a simple phone call to those evacuees to determine what happened wouldn’t have ascertained immediately that there was no protest? That was a piece of information that could have been easily, easily obtained?

Clinton: But, Senator, again—

Johnson: Within hours, if not days?

Clinton: Senator, you know, when you’re in these positions, the last thing you want to do is interfere with any other process going on, number one

Johnson: I realize that’s a good excuse.

Clinton: Well, no, it’s the fact. Number two, I would recommend highly you read both what the ARB said about it and the classified ARB because, even today, there are questions being raised. Now, we have no doubt they were terrorists, they were militants, they attacked us, they killed our people. But what was going on and why they were doing what they were doing is still unknown

Johnson: No, again, we were misled that there were supposedly protests and that something sprang out of that ... an assault sprang out of that ... and that was easily ascertained that that was not the fact, and the American people could have known that within days and they didn’t know that.

Clinton: With all due respect, the fact is we had four dead Americans. Was it because of a protest or was it because of guys out for a walk one night who decided that they’d they go kill some Americans? What difference at this point does it make? It is our job to figure out what happened and do everything we can to prevent it from ever happening again, Senator. Now, honestly, I will do my best to answer your questions about this, but the fact is that people were trying in real time to get to the best information. The IC has a process, I understand, going with the other committees to explain how these talking points came out. But you know, to be clear, it is, from my perspective, less important today looking backwards as to why these militants decided they did it than to find them and bring them to justice, and then maybe we’ll figure out what was going on in the meantime."

Location hidden

#1113488 Apr 8, 2014
Democrats and their science projects....

just this week they blew...

$1,457,241.00

making three dimensional objects out of Saran Wrap....

http://www.nsf.gov/awardsearch/showAward...
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hamden, CT

#1113489 Apr 8, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>then why can't you show anything at all that even suggests i am not a conservative?
why is it you cannot even explain what a conservative is? oh yeah, you are a moron...
Projecting again? You are waaaaayyyy out there. Burnt toast, Fried to the max.

Then again, that is typical with all you so-called liberal morons.

So when else do you do during the day?

St. Croix valley

#1113490 Apr 8, 2014
killtaker wrote:
<quoted text> Do republicans really like wasting taxpayers' money on fake scandal mongering non-issues?( In the 90's, How much did it cost tax payers to find out from Ken Starr 's 'Watergate investigation' that the Clintons' had nothing to do with the real estate scam(they were out before it was even planned) and Monica Lewinsky liked cigars?
funny how you have no problem with some people wasting millions of our tax dollars for nothing at all but paritsan witch hunts...

at least we learned about a major seafood industry with the shrimp study. we have learned nothing from all the far right witch hunts that have wasted far, far more money...

but then knowledge scares you, doesn't it?
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1113491 Apr 8, 2014
killtaker wrote:
Can't speak for whatever sht state you live in__but my Republican controlled state just loves to waste money__any project, any study, law or ordinance will do.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 7 min Regime change 63,984
National FELON League 41 min Big Ed 1
Black-Lives-Matter, saves goods, shoes etc. fro... 1 hr Thoughtful Lads 6
The Party of Racism. 1 hr CantDenyWhoWon 33
Coffee with Jesus. 1 hr Pissed Poster 12
Weiner gets Shafted. 1 hr Penis showoff 2
Anne Coulter's X Boyfriend. 1 hr Oakenfuss 5

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages