Barack Obama, our next President

There are 20 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1111842 Apr 5, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
You have a way of distilling things to its naked core.
and he is usually wrong..funny how you seem to always believe him, though...

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1111843 Apr 5, 2014
movie time nose hair! you must be so happy...you can post your idiocy with no one to correct you...

certainly killtaker doesn't have the brains to...he doesn't even know his own species...

what fools!

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#1111844 Apr 5, 2014
let compare....America's faith...

faith in television news

21 percent....

http://www.gallup.com/poll/155585/Americans-C...

----------

trust in Government

19 percent...

http://www.people-press.org/2013/10/18/trust-...

Looks like even Liberals don't trust Washington....

Location hidden

#1111845 Apr 5, 2014
Obama is the face of our "government'...the big fat face of the Nation....

"However, the percentage saying they are content with government sank to a low of just 11% in August 2011..."

http://www.people-press.org/2013/01/31/majori...

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1111846 Apr 5, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>I wonder where the assets are from that time until today?
The way I understand it (and, I certainly could be wrong) Sherrod is entitled to bank records dating back to the date of filing of the lawsuit and Sherrod's award can be based on the assets available as of that date whether they are still there or not.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1111847 Apr 5, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
The way I understand it (and, I certainly could be wrong) Sherrod is entitled to bank records dating back to the date of filing of the lawsuit and Sherrod's award can be based on the assets available as of that date whether they are still there or not.
and if not...just edit the video.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1111849 Apr 5, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>i liked the 'magically got into harvard' part...
university admissions personnel are trained to look for people who will succeed at that institution. i bet the admissions officer that approved Obama's entrance chalked that one up as a win...
but kilt wearer would never admit to addressing reality...he'll stick to the orwellian parroting like roxi...
lol! No, no, no...

"It's Haaavud" - Cliff Robertson, PT-109
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1111850 Apr 5, 2014
killtaker wrote:
<quoted text>
You sound more comfortable...like in a cage, sitting on a perch
I guess from your perspective looking out, that's what zoo patrons look like to you!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1111851 Apr 5, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, Dave, everyone realizes that.
What was not answered was what was the benefit of teaching such a concept to young children?
What hasn't been answered yet is your sources for Marketers having access to DMV records son.

Is reality scaring you again?
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1111852 Apr 5, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
You are going to have to be clearer here.
You're already having problems with your own facts son.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1111853 Apr 5, 2014
Thom Ferris wrote:
Why are they talking about George Orwell, now? Was he some sort of political oracle, or just another guy who wrote books?
It's a diversion to get away from claims roxy made that so far can't be supported.
Eleanor Beaver

East Hartford, CT

#1111854 Apr 5, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
and if not...just edit the video.
Sure, why not? NBC set a new industry standard with at least eight documented incidents of selective video editing.

Former network producer Greg Kandra, who last worked at NBC for Katie Couric, said he was done defending the so-called mainstream media from charges of liberal bias.

"Forget it. I’m done," he wrote, adding:

"You deserve what they’re saying about you. It’s earned. You have worked long and hard to merit the suspicion, acrimony, mistrust and revulsion that the media-buying public increasingly heaps upon you. You have successfully eroded any confidence, dispelled any trust, and driven your audience into the arms of the Internet and the blogosphere, where biases are affirmed and like-minded people can tell each other what they hold to be true, since nobody believes in objective reality any more. You have done a superlative job of diminishing what was once a great profession and undermining one of the vital underpinnings of democracy, a free press."

He concluded by asking NBC: "What the hell is wrong with you guys?"

http://www.examiner.com/article/former-networ...

I say there's nothing ¨wrong¨ with NBC (et al) because they're well aware of the millions of fools who are manipulated easier than silly putty.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1111855 Apr 5, 2014
killtaker wrote:
<quoted text>
How many rooms can you clean during an 8 hour shift?
That includes vacuuming and taking out the trash....
I wish you would stay in the dumpster after I put you there.
Nostrilis Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1111856 Apr 5, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
movie time nose hair! you must be so happy...you can post your idiocy with no one to correct you...
certainly killtaker doesn't have the brains to...he doesn't even know his own species...
what fools!
Why Hyime, now who would you be spending your "movie" time with? Being such a gregarious individual, you must have a house full of loved ones, right?

I always let my wife or kids pick the movie.

Do you select the movie or does your black lab pick it?

For some strange reason, I see you as a lonely isolated person, being the gregarious person you are and all.

Did you take your picture down because you look like Adam Lanza?
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1111857 Apr 5, 2014
killtaker wrote:
<quoted text>
I focus on my CAPABILITIES...
inabilities are what Liberals care about...such as yourself...
you are the Political Science guy....in the game of debate, you win some, you lose some...
I mean you, the MASTERBATOR would hate it if all the stooges disappeared, then you'd have no one to argue with....
"I think I was unprepared for war." – George Bush on the biggest regret of his presidency, ABC News interview, Dec. 1, 2008
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1111858 Apr 5, 2014
killtaker wrote:
<quoted text>
so you won't be attending the pork producers convention I take it...
I'm sure you'll only be seeing the familiar faces son.

Location hidden

#1111859 Apr 5, 2014
I love Communism...

"In 1917, 143.5 million people lived in the part of Imperial Russia,
which later became Soviet Russia. Russia had lost more than 20 per cent of her population by 1922. Only 131 million lived there in 1923. It has been calculated that Russia's population, under normal circumstances, should have increased to 343 million by the middle of the 1950s, that is, if the development had continued as it had begun in the Tsarist era. 165 million people disappeared. Who in the West mourns for them? There were 178 million left."

Lina, J.(2002).'Under the Sign of the Scorpion: The rise and Fall of the Soviet Empire'. Referent : Sweden.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1111860 Apr 5, 2014
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"The IndependentMajority"
"poop" bites nothing, the best he can do is gum something.
Peace
ol! You're like a 'baby sniper' son.
Nostrilis Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1111861 Apr 5, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>man wasn't created, we evolved. and all the facts show we are the least selfish. no other species takes care of their weak, old and lame like we do. no other species shows the compassion for others that we do.
why are all your observations of the real world so totally wrong? or are you just parroting what others said again?
you really should try to think. you won't post such obviously wrong comments as much... or at least you can say you tried. you are obviously pretty stupid, so maybe thinking won't help in your case;
Why Hyime! The black man gave you a present you deserved?

The Green Mile was a great movie - watch it. You can see yourself. Just don't inhale, Hyime.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1111862 Apr 5, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me get this straight. You KNOW that people can correct errors but still you act like a two year old when others do it.
Are you lacking "the normal human brain that is excellent at filling in patterns..."
lol! Funny how you correct insignificant errors, but push the big ones as facts....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 min ritedownthemiddle 53,029
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr TRD 69,797
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr red and right 187,822
College Scandals 7 hr music 1
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 9 hr Red_Forman 5,947
Word (Dec '08) 9 hr Red_Forman 5,211
News 1 dead 4 injured in separate shootings across C... 10 hr reality is a crutch 3
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]