Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1406182 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“Depends on the Day”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1112167 Apr 6, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Obsess much?? Neither have been discussing the guest worker program nor followed the discussion. However, since you decided to drag me into it, I will note for the record that we still have a guest worker program. Two programs to be exact: the H-2A program for agricultural work and the H-2B program for non-agricultural work. Not sure what issues you two were discussion. Just making a point.
Just trying to politely explain what happened. I apologized for veering off track even. Some people are never happy.

I stand corrected that there is a guest worker program. I was familiar that this was dropped in the 1960s but it does appear to was included in the 1986 law. I should have double checked my source mumbling about the lack of a guest program.

“Depends on the Day”

Location hidden

#1112168 Apr 6, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
There is only one thing in the world worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about.(Oscar Wilde)
Wilde never used Topix.

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1112169 Apr 6, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
many senior citizens pay higher premiums for Medicare than they did for private insurance while employed......
Well, of course, you twit. "Many" senior citizens had their insurance covered by their employer at zero expense to them.

Since: Jul 08

We will not go gentle

#1112170 Apr 6, 2014
FakeTeacher wrote:
<quoted text> Please do not end your sentence with a preposition.
For the last time, also the first since I've never addressed it before, it is not a preposition; it is an adverb. Furthermore, the construction of the sentence was meant to be a a montage to carol (or somebody else so stupid), who couldn't speak English.(Must be all those mini strokes or just plainly stupidity, since I'm not sure it's carol) Whatever..., if you choose to ignore me, it would be quite agreeable with me.
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1112172 Apr 6, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>You lied__what's your need to lie???
She "learnt" it on Twitter
FakeTeacher

Satellite Beach, FL

#1112173 Apr 6, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
There is only one thing in the world worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about.(Oscar Wilde)
Please do not end your sentence with a preposition.
Pete Penis Malone

Los Angeles, CA

#1112174 Apr 6, 2014
&li st=RDApHmlRl1aKU

Don't look at the footlights... look up...

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1112175 Apr 6, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Wilde never used Topix.
But he did have a habit of ending a sentence with a preposition which was the point I was trying to make.
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1112177 Apr 6, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
"wealthier seniors" pay higher premiums for Medicare Parts B and D and are also taxed on their Social Security benefits.....
many senior citizens pay higher premiums for Medicare than they did for private insurance while employed......
OH really? How much do you pay?

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1112178 Apr 6, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
"Ending a sentence with a preposition is something up with which I will not put."
------ Winston Churchill
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1112180 Apr 6, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
"wealthier seniors" pay higher premiums for Medicare Parts B and D and are also taxed on their Social Security benefits.....
"wealthier?" ROFLMAO

Those plans are not much extra__particularly for those seniors who have a real need for the programs.

Many seniors pay more for MediCare than for their "free, employer furnished health care insurance."

The amount$ are well known Johnny__why don't you give us all a real life example.

You're not on a roll today__not feeling well? Broke? Old Honda put you down? Laptop acting up?

“Depends on the Day”

Location hidden

#1112181 Apr 6, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly! Always changing the subject and expect everyone to follow her lead. Comical.
Conversations veer off all the time.

A little confusing for the original poster, but once it has been pointed out it is new conversation MOST people do not demand they stop it-USA

I told you clearly twice you are free to ignore-in fact please do.
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1112182 Apr 6, 2014
Whether it's the Koch brothers or [George] Soros on the left or Sheldon," Gingrich said, "if you're going to have an election process that radically favors billionaires and is discriminating against the middle class—which we now have—then billionaires are going to get a lot of attention."
"The truth is, we desperately need an election reform which allows candidates to receive the same amount of money as super PACs,” he added.
So if you're going to let billionaires donate millions to Super PACs, the electoral system will be tilted in their favor and against the middle class. And the solution to that problem is to let the billionaires donate unlimited amounts directly to candidates, bypassing Super PACs?
Call me crazy, but that doesn't sound like campaign finance reform. That sounds like cutting out the middleman.

http://www.dailykos.com/ #
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1112183 Apr 6, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
But he did have a habit of ending a sentence with a preposition which was the point I was trying to make.
Whhhoooooossshhh!(you didn't hear the sound of the wind going through roxlo's ears)?
Patrick n Angela

United States

#1112184 Apr 6, 2014
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
OH really? How much do you pay?
Less that nobama-Galt gets from his government job...
Libertarians with government jobs are a laugh

“Depends on the Day”

Location hidden

#1112185 Apr 6, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
"That up with which I will not put."

Attributed to Churchill (?)

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1112186 Apr 6, 2014
the cleaner wrote:
<quoted text>
Everything involves assplay with you, huh geriatric boy?
Only when bantering with you.
Patrick n Angela

United States

#1112187 Apr 6, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
because people concerned with profit want to please their customers......
while non-profit government gives us superb service at the DMV and the Post Office.....
picture going to a government clinic instead of a for-profit medical office....
take a number and wait.....
Nobama-Galt a double dipper DMV and Post Office,
one state and one Federal ?
Thanks for revealing this

Since: Jul 08

We will not go gentle

#1112188 Apr 6, 2014
FakeTeacher wrote:
<quoted text> Please do not end your sentence with a preposition.
Trust me, just this once, they are not prepositions--positioned before a nominal. They are adverbials...could you understand that turn the light off is not a preposition but an adverbial? Probably not...
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1112189 Apr 6, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
She's one of those pit bulls Sarah Palin talked about. Gets her teeth into a good conspiracy theory and won't let loose.
Liz Cheney?

Fox News contributor Liz Cheney on Sunday argued that a United States Senate report on Bush-era torture was “political” and that lawmakers should spend more time investigating President Barack Obama’s role in failing to prevent terrorist attacks in Benghazi.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/04/06/liz-che...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cure For Prescription Drug Addiction ! 25 min Not True 2
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 31 min Dr Guru 219,774
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr IB DaMann 60,669
Frank Underwood Here: I Could Sure Use Some Hel... 1 hr Claire Underwood 9
last post wins! (Apr '13) 1 hr Retired SOF 1,272
News 15 Wounded In Tuesday Shootings Across Chicago 2 hr Resident 4
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 2 hr PEllen 103,167

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages