Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1252016 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: May 11

Carlisle, PA

#1111271 Apr 5, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
once a person dies, the only recourse for bill collection is against the estate of the deceased......
survivors are not responsible for debts of the deceased.....
Galt thinks everyone is like him& has no estate to be concerned about.

Carlisle, PA

#1111272 Apr 5, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
This from a person who can't seem to go a day without posting ignorant rants. Stop putting words in other's mouths, it is very clear in your posts that you are uncomfortable with truth and try killing it before it leaves the mouths of others..
Your posts contain racial slurs. It is not me putting words in your mouth at all.

If you posted the truth without racial slurs, I would have to be correctly your lies & pointing out what a racist f*ck you are.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#1111273 Apr 5, 2014
CIA agent jumps off building and commits suicide in VA--That's a lie.
PDUPONT

Belchertown, MA

#1111274 Apr 5, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Or how many of the over 5 million who had insurance but whose policies were cancelled signed up on the exchanges. They can't count those who were already insured twice.
All I know is this administration should make all of us feel a little stupid. They tell us lies and then expect us to believe everything they say just because they say it without any data or proof that what they say is true.
It amazes me how many on here don't question what they're being told even now.
It's not the administration that should make you feel stupid Carol, it's the fact that you are.

Carlisle, PA

#1111275 Apr 5, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Another dishonest left whiner POS blaming Bush for the effects of the Obama train wreck.
When Obama took office we were in the midst of the worst recession i 80 years, a housing collapse, a near financial meltdown, doubling of the national debt, and two quagmire wars.

Now you are saying that was Obama's fault.

This is what I mean about having to correct your lies.

A honet person would admit where this country actually was when Obama took office & not continually lie about it.

Prevented this

#1111276 Apr 5, 2014
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
Regarding your post on suicide by race; and your initial comment of I wonder why?
Canadians have access to universal single payer healthcare; that includes psychological and psychiatric problems. They don't have to fear going to get help because of financial reasons.
That may be a contributing facture; that and the weather.
On another note, another young man was killed by the Boca Raton police yesterday; he apparently had mental health problems and had a screwdriver in his hand. Did he have to be killed?
and yet there are 73% less people on anti-psychotic drugs in Canada, how does your analogy fit into your statistics. The Globull warming is better in Canada, or America is just full of nutz now?

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1111277 Apr 5, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, that is what I said repeatedly. Woodtick was arguing this was illegal.
<quoted text>
Yes, I know.
You are talking to the wrong person again-Woodtick was the one claiming to never have heard about it.
You appear totally confused as you created a straw man -I never said it was new or violated privacy.
no, i have heard of it, but that is not what is happeneing when they swipe your DL it si just reading the mag strip on the back, they are not contacting the DMV at all. when i am out of state they have a direct line to my states's DMV? are you really this insane, fool?

all night and you got nothing to back up your stupid satements? nothing at all still?

have you found even one example of where a photo id at the poll would have prevented voter fraud? i didn't see one yet...

Prevented this

#1111278 Apr 5, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
So is Presidential fraud
I always remember the statement from Moochie O'bama: We can't win this election unless it is close!

Carlisle, PA

#1111279 Apr 5, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
You're allowed to be dumb, irresponsible, a failure, and so on in a free country.
Don't think the system isn't going to be scammed. The federal government is too large to see it.
You are certainly allowed to be stupid.

When you get taken into the ER without insurance & you cam't pay, you depend on the system instead of being a responsible adult.

Prevented this

#1111280 Apr 5, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
When Obama took office we were in the midst of the worst recession i 80 years, a housing collapse, a near financial meltdown, doubling of the national debt, and two quagmire wars.
A honet person would admit where this country actually was when Obama took office & not continually lie about it.
After what Clinton did this country, frankly I was surprised Bush could hold it together as long as he did, now an honest person would admit that. It is five years later, we are still in a recession, the entire world is in disarray. And your President, Barack Hussein is a failure. You can take your brown shirt off anytime.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1111282 Apr 5, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Your posts contain racial slurs. It is not me putting words in your mouth at all.
If you posted the truth without racial slurs, I would have to be correctly your lies & pointing out what a racist f*ck you are.
Get used to the real world, boy. The truth hurts.

Prevented this

#1111283 Apr 5, 2014
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not the administration that should make you feel stupid Carol, it's the fact that you are.
I am embarrassed for the failed President named O'bama. He doesn't have the authority to make anyone feel stupid. He only has authority over the collective zombies like you. How did that happen?

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1111284 Apr 5, 2014
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>and yet there are 73% less people on anti-psychotic drugs in Canada, how does your analogy fit into your statistics. The Globull warming is better in Canada, or America is just full of nutz now?
their system doesn't promote the reckless use of drugs like the US system does...

Jefferson Airplane was correct when they sang "Go ask Alice".
PDUPONT

Belchertown, MA

#1111285 Apr 5, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
Unfortunately, we probably won't know the real truth and the real facts surrounding ObamaCare until sometime next year. Or when we see our taxes go up with less take home pay.
Unless young people had a sudden change of heart at the last minute, there won't be anyone to pay for this thing except all of us.
We don't know how many of the young and healthy signed up and have paid. We don't know how many have paid in any age bracket. We don't know anything except what they're telling us. Throwing out what they think is an impressive number doesn't tell us anything.
We'll all find out the hard way when they start taking more money out of our paychecks and those who didn't sign up try and see a doctor.
At least the only thing we're waiting for now is the verdict. Have to say I'm glad the initial wait is over and it's finally here.
That's already been answered Carol, but you just want to be willfully ignorant. Reports from the insurance industry show that between 80% to 90% have already paid their first premium and many of the rest haven't received a bill yet.
Obamacare already has enough "young and healthy" enrollees to keep costs down and to avoid a 'death spiral.' An issue brief from the Department of Health and Human Services showed that young adults accounted for "27 percent of the Marketplace plan selections," under the Affordable Care Act so far and that this number "has remained strong," and "is consistent with expectations."
Thirty-eight to 40 percent of young and healthy enrollees was an administration goal, but not required to keep insurance costs low. A December 17 Kaiser Permanente study found that "the financial consequences of lower enrollment among young adults are not as great as conventional wisdom might suggest." Kaiser's study showed the effect of having 25 percent of young adults in the overall market would "still be expected to earn profits" and that the effect on premiums "would be well below the level that would trigger a 'death spiral.'" In a December 27 CBS News article, Stephanie Condon reported on the study conducted by the Kaiser Family Foundation, noting "even if young adults only made up 25 percent of the market rather than 40 percent, overall costs in individual market plans would only be about 2.4 percent higher than premium revenues."
The only reason your taxes will go up is if Congress raises them and this would have to be approved by the GOP controlled House.
How did someone with such a pitiful knowledge of how the process works ever graduate from college?
Grey Ghost

Berryville, VA

#1111286 Apr 5, 2014
fetch almighty wrote:
CIA agent jumps off building and commits suicide in VA--That's a lie.
Maybe you should show how it's done ,use Galt, Waxman and Shinning as test dummies. Just tell them that if they jump off Obama care will be repealed, Oh and tell Flack that he can fly along side of them.

Prevented this

#1111287 Apr 5, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>I could care less if she's found personally liable. However, if the estate and anyone who benefits from the event gets dinged, then it's not a problem.
Think Madoff's wife.....
like I said you liberals could care less about children, children, children. Unless, of course, you are aborting them.
PDUPONT

Belchertown, MA

#1111288 Apr 5, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
Al gore is not a scientist....
heat and cold and death rates in the USA...
'Davis et al.(2002) studied changes in the impact of high temperatures on daily mortality rates over a period of four decades in six major metropolitan areas along a north-south transect in the eastern United
States. They found few significant weather-mortality relationships for any decade or demographic group in the three southernmost cities examined, where warmer weather is commonplace. In the three northernmost cities, however, there were statistically significant decreases in population-adjusted mortality rates during hot and humid weather between 1964 and 1994.'
http://heartland.org/media-library/pdfs/CCR-I...
and this from a Journal...
Davis, R.E., Knappenberger, P.C., Novicoff, W.M., and Michaels, P.J. 2002. Decadal changes in heat-related human mortality in the
eastern United States. Climate Research 22 : 175184.
HEY STUPID! The Heartland institute is bought and paid for by the Koch brothers.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1111289 Apr 5, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Where are those Shovel-Ready Jobs, DumbDave?

How many of the Magic Marxist Negro's lies do you feel capable of covering for, Superman?

He starts hundreds of fires and DumbDave jumps to his feet to put them out.

You've only got 2 arms and 2 legs - unless you're a Progressive Centipede.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#1111290 Apr 5, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Whata Country, Barack Hussein Obama asked for the job, with all that in place? "Elect me, Elect me, I'll stop the war? Problem was he couldn't control the "towelheads" and the war continues. All of what you post happened within Barack Hussein Obama's tenure as President. Tell us something we don't know

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1111292 Apr 5, 2014
WEST VIRGINIA TROUT STOCKING: If you are planning on getting out and enjoying the nice weather this weekend then you may want to check out this list of the latest waters stocked with trout.

Find the full list here: http://www.wowktv.com/story/25165785/trout-st...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 6 min Enter 192,382
Ask Amy 7-5-15 2 hr mrs gladys kravitz 4
5 Truths You Cannot Disagree With. 3 hr Dave 11
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 4 hr Analog man 6,147
In Summer Please Help Me ribeye steak is best f... 4 hr MyChicagoSteak 1
Dear Abby 7-5-15 5 hr mrs gladys kravitz 6
Triple Word Game (Dec '11) 7 hr boundary painter 1,005
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages