Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1524162 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1112553 Apr 7, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Did someone mention facts?
The fact is, there was never any evidence of any "spontaneous demonstration" that either the White House or the State Department had. So, we have to know the answer to these questions:
Why did Obama lie for two weeks covering up the Al Qaeda attack on the United States in Benghazi?
Why did Hillary Clinton lie to Congress, lie to the entire country, and lie to Ty Woods' father standing right in front of Ty Woods' casket?
and...
How did CNN know exactly what the Obama lie would be so they could abruptly change their story line to match it while they had Nick Roberts covering the demonstrations all day in the hours immediately preceeding the attack in Benghazi?
That is the most interesting question. It means the Obama lie was prepared before the attack began. How about you give us your ideas about how that could have happened.
holy shit, are you still trying to sell that shit?

nothing was being covered up...just a shitty PR move. this admin does it all the time..

how would lying about that cover anything up? the whole world kne it happened!

you are too stupid to even try to talk about such issues.
M Stein

Jamaica, NY

#1112554 Apr 7, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>more plagiarism...
And that of course is more important than what is posted. Is there ANYTHING that The One could do that would cause you and the other 24/7 dolts to NOT defend him?
M Stein

Jamaica, NY

#1112556 Apr 7, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>when have i ever defended Obama? i defend the facts.
why can't you use your own words or give credit when you steal others words? i know you used to like to think people thought those were your thoughts till i busted you on it...
if you can't say it in your own words, you don't understand it at all..
Someone better tell that to Obammy. Or put the Constitution on a teleprompter so he can pretend to follow it.

“Stop Child Slavery”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1112557 Apr 7, 2014
M Stein wrote:
<quoted text>Who is Obammy friends with that he is giving away the Internet?
Since the Internet now permeates our lives in every possible way, it is disturbing that Obama has relinquished U.S. control over its underlying structure. Control will be turned over to a global panel, which will include totalitarian countries that do not value our First Amendment protection of free speech.
Since 1998, through a contract with the U.S. government, the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN), a nonprofit corporation, has administered the IP numbering network and domain name system (DNS) worldwide, controlling .com,.gov, etc. ICANN has done a fairly respectable job administering the rules and standards. Its board is composed of an incredibly diverse selection of foreign citizens. The vice chair is Australian. The current makeup of ICANN’s Governmental Advisory Committee includes 109 nations, plus the European Union and the Vatican.
To claim that ICANN is under U.S. control is really in name only, since the U.S. members of the organization have worked together successfully to forge consensus with foreign members. In spite of this,international interests have been pressuring the U.S. since 1998 to relinquish all control from ICANN to an “international organization.” The Department of Commerce under President Clinton indicated it intended to eventually cede control.
While on the surface this may seem like a simple administrative decision that gives more control over this key Internet function to more stakeholders, it could actually have far reaching negative implications for the freedom and security of the Internet.”
Surprisingly, even former president Bill Clinton has changed his mind over the years about relinquishing authority. He said during a speech at Arizona State University last month,“I understand in theory why we would like to have a multi-stakeholder process. I favor that. I just know that a lot of these so-called multi-stakeholders are really governments that want to gag people and restrict access to the Internet.”
There could be sweeping decisions related to .com, such as blocking certain viewpoints or countries from owning or even accessing .com domains. Put the wrong people in charge, and all sorts of groups - such as conservatives, Christians and Jews who are targeted in today’s politically correct era - could find themselves cut out from much of the Internet.
This allows the international body to censor. Very alarming.
Patriot

Longmont, CO

#1112558 Apr 7, 2014
Armed Feds Prepare For Showdown With Nevada Cattle Rancher

April 7, 2014

Ruby Ridge-style standoff brewing as Bundy says he is prepared to be killed

http://www.infowars.com/armed-feds-prepare-fo...
M Stein

Jamaica, NY

#1112559 Apr 7, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>holy shit, are you still trying to sell that shit?
nothing was being covered up...just a shitty PR move. this admin does it all the time..
how would lying about that cover anything up? the whole world kne it happened!
you are too stupid to even try to talk about such issues.
Bad PR...right. What was different with Watergate or Bridgegate....oh yeah, not Democrats so sequentially: Thorough and overblown media coverage.

St. Croix valley

#1112561 Apr 7, 2014
M Stein wrote:
<quoted text>Bad PR...right. What was different with Watergate or Bridgegate....oh yeah, not Democrats so sequentially: Thorough and overblown media coverage.
ummm..no laws were broken....

again, parroting media soundbytes from others..

not a single original thought in your head, huh? and the ones you parrot are stupid! you aren't even smart enough to parrot smart people or correct thoughts!!!

you do make me laugh, though..laugh and point.

St. Croix valley

#1112562 Apr 7, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
This allows the international body to censor. Very alarming.
so you approve of gov't interference in private enterprise?

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Santa Barbara, CA

#1112563 Apr 7, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
"Palestinians" are the worst of Muslim terrorists.....there is no Palestine to develop.....
If I look up ignorant in the dictionary will I find your picture?

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#1112564 Apr 7, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I was laughing at you parroting Fox, Beck & Limbaugh.
I can't undo Obama's pedigree or his training. They are, finally, matters of record. You were scammed into believing he was a born winner, a sure thing. You bet the farm. Worse yet, you bet everyone's farm. Obama is bad enough, but people like you, who fell for this elaborate hoax, should be racked with shame. Just because you chose not to listen to both sides, don't think claiming ignorance is going to get you off the hook. He is the consummate charlatan, but you handed him the crown.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#1112565 Apr 7, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>oh...that's why you are so stupid! good to know.
Why were you booted? THE TRUTH!
http://politix.topix.com/profile/woodtick57

“Stop Child Slavery”

Location hidden

#1112566 Apr 7, 2014
M Stein wrote:
<quoted text>Bad PR...right. What was different with Watergate or Bridgegate....oh yeah, not Democrats so sequentially: Thorough and overblown media coverage.
Sometimes it is best to ignore those that are here just to heckle.

I agree that the bias in the media is totally obvious. Despite trying to gin up Bridgegate it was less then they hype.

“Stop Child Slavery”

Location hidden

#1112567 Apr 7, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>so you approve of gov't interference in private enterprise?
You did not read the article and are on the wrong side of the fence-the move allows for gov't interference.

“Peace on Earth”

Santa Barbara, CA

#1112568 Apr 7, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
the ObamaKKKare exchange plans are garbage, and any comparison with this trash is meaningless.....
In other words, your attempt to cook the numbers has backed you in a corner so now all you are left with is trashing the Affordable Care Act. Got it.
Funken Wagnall

United States

#1112569 Apr 7, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>ummm..no laws were broken....
again, parroting media soundbytes from others..
not a single original thought in your head, huh? and the ones you parrot are stupid! you aren't even smart enough to parrot smart people or correct thoughts!!!
you do make me laugh, though..laugh and point.
This from a fraud who thinks parroting ¨you're stupid¨ in 40,000 posts makes him the smart one.

“Peace on Earth”

Santa Barbara, CA

#1112570 Apr 7, 2014
the cleaner wrote:
<quoted text>
There ARE pages ... you drunk slot ...
I think she was trying to imitate Bush.

“Stop Child Slavery”

Location hidden

#1112571 Apr 7, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't undo Obama's pedigree or his training. They are, finally, matters of record. You were scammed into believing he was a born winner, a sure thing. You bet the farm. Worse yet, you bet everyone's farm. Obama is bad enough, but people like you, who fell for this elaborate hoax, should be racked with shame. Just because you chose not to listen to both sides, don't think claiming ignorance is going to get you off the hook. He is the consummate charlatan, but you handed him the crown.
Some truly believed he was "The One"

http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images;...

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#1112573 Apr 7, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>why would you lie about your military service? you life must really suck huh?
hard to imagine what kind of scum would do that...i wouldn't trust me dog around you...you clearly seem like a dog raper...
that shall be my new name for you..lying scum dog raper...
I'm not the one in the picture. Who uses a bird dog to go cat fishing?
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hamden, CT

#1112574 Apr 7, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
If I look up ignorant in the dictionary will I find your picture?
If you look up ignoramus you will find yours!

St. Croix valley

#1112575 Apr 7, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
You did not read the article and are on the wrong side of the fence-the move allows for gov't interference.
what is the US gov't doing on this issue now? shouldn't the private enterprise of the interenet regulate itself?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr Well Well 240,431
A few ITEMS of interest. 2 hr JOCULARITY JOCULA... 4
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 3 hr RACE 105,142
Can't Believe They Teach, Idiots. 3 hr Not on my watch 1
News Should Prince Charles step up and step down? (Apr '13) 4 hr test 3
To Top Up and Recharge Wireless Mobile Cell Pho... 5 hr financewoman 1
Proud Fella 9 hr Lets play balls 4

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages