Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1564568 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: May 11

Blain, PA

#1112528 Apr 7, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
It must be election time, evolving, and picking up every little crumb...
"Hillary Clinton only declared her support for marriage equality in 2013. Before that, she opposed it. "
http://dish.andrewsullivan.com/2014/04/04/bra...
In 2009, she extended the State Department benefits to include parters of gay employees.

Since the 90's, she has supported the concept of civil unions that would extend legal rights to same sex couples.(i.e. marriage without the word marriage).

Since marriage & civil unions provided the same legal status, it was really just about terminology.

I don't think Clinton every voted against nor financially supported anti-gay marriage efforts.

In the business world, stockholders certainly don't want their management to openly be against any social issue that would cost them customers.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1112529 Apr 7, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
If you want to debate the homeless bum screaming at the top of his lungs about how the world is coming to an end in 5 days and we should all repent.....
well, you go on right ahead. I'd rather poke fun at the screamer idiot just like I do with you.
Fun is better than frustration;-)
Loosely translated means, Shinning is way to simpleminded and geared far more for chimp noise than facts and reality. Good little dumb bagger.
M Stein

Jamaica, NY

#1112530 Apr 7, 2014
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
The Republicans never met a dictator they didn't like; the Bush cartel was fast friends with Saddam Hussein before. As they were with Manuel Noriega; who is still in prison. Be careful of friendships with Bushes; it'll land you in your grave or prison. They use them and them double cross them. The Bush cartel is brutal.
Who is Obammy friends with that he is giving away the Internet?

Since the Internet now permeates our lives in every possible way, it is disturbing that Obama has relinquished U.S. control over its underlying structure. Control will be turned over to a global panel, which will include totalitarian countries that do not value our First Amendment protection of free speech.

Since 1998, through a contract with the U.S. government, the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN), a nonprofit corporation, has administered the IP numbering network and domain name system (DNS) worldwide, controlling .com,.gov, etc. ICANN has done a fairly respectable job administering the rules and standards. Its board is composed of an incredibly diverse selection of foreign citizens. The vice chair is Australian. The current makeup of ICANN’s Governmental Advisory Committee includes 109 nations, plus the European Union and the Vatican.

To claim that ICANN is under U.S. control is really in name only, since the U.S. members of the organization have worked together successfully to forge consensus with foreign members. In spite of this,international interests have been pressuring the U.S. since 1998 to relinquish all control from ICANN to an “international organization.” The Department of Commerce under President Clinton indicated it intended to eventually cede control.

While on the surface this may seem like a simple administrative decision that gives more control over this key Internet function to more stakeholders, it could actually have far reaching negative implications for the freedom and security of the Internet.”

Surprisingly, even former president Bill Clinton has changed his mind over the years about relinquishing authority. He said during a speech at Arizona State University last month,“I understand in theory why we would like to have a multi-stakeholder process. I favor that. I just know that a lot of these so-called multi-stakeholders are really governments that want to gag people and restrict access to the Internet.”

There could be sweeping decisions related to .com, such as blocking certain viewpoints or countries from owning or even accessing .com domains. Put the wrong people in charge, and all sorts of groups - such as conservatives, Christians and Jews who are targeted in today’s politically correct era - could find themselves cut out from much of the Internet.
M Stein

Jamaica, NY

#1112532 Apr 7, 2014
Obammy Gives Away the Internet
and the Media under reports it

Since the Internet pervades everything we do today in our lives, this would have a chilling effect on the communication and free speech rights of such groups.

Giving countries like Russia and China control will lead to censorship. To believe otherwise is NAIVE, considering their past behavior - including recently - of stamping out dissidents.

Every week, there is another story in the news about an authoritarian country attempting to censor the Internet. One only has to look at the U.N. and the sinister treaties that have come out of it, instigated by oppressive governments, to see what happens when the U.S. is not permitted a primary role protecting freedom and liberty. The officials who say with a straight face there is nothing to worry about the transfer most likely have sinister motives themselves, such as a kickback from the transfer.

There wasn’t much media coverage of Obama’s decision to transfer control. The decision was announced on March 14, 2014, a Friday afternoon, by the Department of Commerce. When the government makes announcements on Friday afternoons, it usually means someone is trying to bury the news, since news outlets are less likely to make them a big story over the weekend, and people are less likely to read the news then.

Obama is hoping the American people will buy the administration’s platitude that it is merely a small administrative move, nothing substantive. After all of Obama’s lies at this point, no one should believe him. George Washington once said,“If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.” Even Bill Clinton now understands this. Obama doesn’t.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1112533 Apr 7, 2014
I love love Duponts cleanup in the mornings!
NuculurVodkaOpti ons

Satellite Beach, FL

#1112534 Apr 7, 2014
lily boca raton fl wrote:
Someone has to clean up after the drunken mess you've spewed from the night before.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1112535 Apr 7, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
It must be election time, evolving, and picking up every little crumb...
"Hillary Clinton only declared her support for marriage equality in 2013. Before that, she opposed it. "
http://dish.andrewsullivan.com/2014/04/04/bra...
is she running for election in 2014?

you really are too stupid to speak in public, aren't you? sheesh!
NuculurNUTsurpri Zed

Satellite Beach, FL

#1112536 Apr 7, 2014
Not Surprized wrote:
<quoted text>
I have been a busy troll this morning.
Stalking, lurking, judging, skulking, just another day in the life of Topix' number one troll.
NOT SURPRIZED TROLLING SOCKPUPPET CARNIVAL SHITSHOW!
NOT SURPRIZED topix troll clusterfvck.
Same troll-multiple id's==I am ''NOT SURPRIZED''..Delusional army of one!"
Not Surprized! LOL
NuculurNUTsurpri Zed

Satellite Beach, FL

#1112538 Apr 7, 2014
Not Surprized wrote:
<quoted text>
Not Surprized wrote;
Did you graduate from an Ivy League in 3.5 years with a double major with a level of distinction far above others? I doubt it! Did you turn down a White House internship.
Not Surprized wrote:#70
Do you own a penthouse in Manhatten lib overlooking CP? I think you and I are very different people.
QUOTE who="Not Surprized": I'm a mut. Sweedish, Scot, English, Irish, Dutch, French - great grandparents moved to the U.S.
Spell "Manhattan " for us "Not Surprized"! How about "sweedish mut"?
Not Surprized! LOL
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hamden, CT

#1112540 Apr 7, 2014
lily boca raton fl wrote:
Goes nice with the Vodka & coffee!

St. Croix valley

#1112543 Apr 7, 2014
M Stein wrote:
Obammy Gives Away the Internet
and the Media under reports it
Since the Internet pervades everything we do today in our lives, this would have a chilling effect on the communication and free speech rights of such groups.
Giving countries like Russia and China control will lead to censorship. To believe otherwise is NAIVE, considering their past behavior - including recently - of stamping out dissidents.
Every week, there is another story in the news about an authoritarian country attempting to censor the Internet. One only has to look at the U.N. and the sinister treaties that have come out of it, instigated by oppressive governments, to see what happens when the U.S. is not permitted a primary role protecting freedom and liberty. The officials who say with a straight face there is nothing to worry about the transfer most likely have sinister motives themselves, such as a kickback from the transfer.
There wasn’t much media coverage of Obama’s decision to transfer control. The decision was announced on March 14, 2014, a Friday afternoon, by the Department of Commerce. When the government makes announcements on Friday afternoons, it usually means someone is trying to bury the news, since news outlets are less likely to make them a big story over the weekend, and people are less likely to read the news then.
Obama is hoping the American people will buy the administration’s platitude that it is merely a small administrative move, nothing substantive. After all of Obama’s lies at this point, no one should believe him. George Washington once said,“If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.” Even Bill Clinton now understands this. Obama doesn’t.
more plagiarism...
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1112544 Apr 7, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Psycho Wards are full of people shouting facts.
You should know this better than anyone on the outside.
At last a subject that chimp boy has first hand knowledge of. What's it like in there? LMAO.
Heinz57

Satellite Beach, FL

#1112545 Apr 7, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yeah, i don't have to scour through page after page of the late night idiots like shining and roxlo tossing meaningless crap around..Dupont picks through anything relevant....
He has a great time at the landfill, too.

St. Croix valley

#1112547 Apr 7, 2014
Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
Goes nice with the Vodka & coffee!
oh...that's why you are so stupid! good to know.
Patriot

Longmont, CO

#1112548 Apr 7, 2014
"Within 5 Years" - Robot Replacement of Human Workers Predicted to Accelerate

http://www.activistpost.com/2014/04/within-5-...

------

I say We download Our Original Constitution into them and replace Our public servants EVERYWHERE with Robot Replacements.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#1112549 Apr 7, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>are you a dick? yes you are1
no i am not. would it matter? i know you cannot deal with facts, but that IS what you should be concerned with here...(i know, you don't understand them...so why are you even here?)
Did someone mention facts?

The fact is, there was never any evidence of any "spontaneous demonstration" that either the White House or the State Department had. So, we have to know the answer to these questions:

Why did Obama lie for two weeks covering up the Al Qaeda attack on the United States in Benghazi?
Why did Hillary Clinton lie to Congress, lie to the entire country, and lie to Ty Woods' father standing right in front of Ty Woods' casket?

and...

How did CNN know exactly what the Obama lie would be so they could abruptly change their story line to match it while they had Nick Roberts covering the demonstrations all day in the hours immediately preceeding the attack in Benghazi?
That is the most interesting question. It means the Obama lie was prepared before the attack began. How about you give us your ideas about how that could have happened.
NuculurNUTsurpri Zed

Satellite Beach, FL

#1112550 Apr 7, 2014
Not Surprized wrote:
<quoted text>
I have you fooled. I have been at this for years now. I pick a couple of posters out, one's who particularly a threat to me and harass them on a daily basis. If possible I will also attempt to find out personal information on them which I then will post here. I have done this on many occasions. I spend my entire day on Topix changing my id's, playing with judgits, talking to myself using various fake names and generally looking to stalk anyone I can find. I have been thrown off here many times for my trolling. I am the poster girl for internet trolls.
Not Surprized! LOL

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1112551 Apr 7, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks Surprized, yet that idiot acts like he is appalled when someone else does it. Hell I want people to know it's me when I post, but he has to be not only the dumbest but the most pathetic poster on here.
And that explains all the other IDs you use to post here. I have to say my favorite was when you pretended to be a female illegal alien. We're dying to see Mexican Blackbird again.
Why are all the pathological lying frauds Democrats?

you're an idiot.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1112552 Apr 7, 2014
Not Surprized wrote:
<quoted text>
He has no one fooled. He has been at this for years now. He picks a couple of posters out, one's who particularly are a threat to him and harasses them on a daily basis. If possible he will also attempt to find out personal information on them which he then will post here. He has done this on many occasions. He spends his entire day on Topix changing his id's, playing with judgits, talking to himself using various fake names and generally looking to stalk anyone he can find. He has been thrown off here many times for his trolling. He is the poster boy for internet trolls.
<projection>

St. Croix valley

#1112553 Apr 7, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Did someone mention facts?
The fact is, there was never any evidence of any "spontaneous demonstration" that either the White House or the State Department had. So, we have to know the answer to these questions:
Why did Obama lie for two weeks covering up the Al Qaeda attack on the United States in Benghazi?
Why did Hillary Clinton lie to Congress, lie to the entire country, and lie to Ty Woods' father standing right in front of Ty Woods' casket?
and...
How did CNN know exactly what the Obama lie would be so they could abruptly change their story line to match it while they had Nick Roberts covering the demonstrations all day in the hours immediately preceeding the attack in Benghazi?
That is the most interesting question. It means the Obama lie was prepared before the attack began. How about you give us your ideas about how that could have happened.
holy shit, are you still trying to sell that shit?

nothing was being covered up...just a shitty PR move. this admin does it all the time..

how would lying about that cover anything up? the whole world kne it happened!

you are too stupid to even try to talk about such issues.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Dr Guru 242,254
Review; Festa Italiana 9 hr Fest man 1
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 10 hr They cannot kill ... 11,015
Rahm Emmanuel fake mafia boss 12 hr Ricardo montobomb 1
Spanx-they're for me. 16 hr test 6
TRUTH will be revealed, someday, maybe. 17 hr Blame muslims 9
WHO'D have thunk it? 18 hr Art Vandalay 8

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages