Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1394709 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1111973 Apr 5, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>I wonder what the VA would be like today if bushie boy didn't create so many of them?
Are you still laughing?
no....the VA is a pathetic mess, clogged with a bunch of old farts who should be getting private treatment using Medicare.....and allowing the VA to concentrate on younger veterans with war injuries......
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1111977 Apr 5, 2014
killtaker wrote:
<quoted text>
You will have to use Google to find it....
Now don't get your pink panties all wet.... Oklahoma and Arkansas are 2 and 3....and they have lots and lots of Liberals living there...boy....WINK.....
'Press Release
Hawaii, Arkansas and Oklahoma Lead the Nation for Methamphetamine Use in the Workforce, Reveals Quest Diagnostics Drug Testing Index(TM)
Five-year data suggest methamphetamine's national decline has halted and that the drug's stronghold may be moving eastward
MADISON, N.J., Sept. 2, 2011 /PRNewswire via COMTEX'
find the link yourself....
lol! Stopping short.. I guess it's not the first time in your life someone told you that.

What is rather interesting is after I read your piece, a couple of articles just 'popped up' on the radar regarding heroin.

Pick a state. I'm sure yours is in there.... Haavud....

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_HER...

Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1111979 Apr 5, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
no....the VA is a pathetic mess, clogged with a bunch of old farts who should be getting private treatment using Medicare.....and allowing the VA to concentrate on younger veterans with war injuries......
Yup. They're 'outgunned' in this case.

But as I said, I wonder what it would be like today if it wasn't for bushie boy's incursions?

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#1111980 Apr 5, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>"You know, when you give a man more money in his pocket—in this case, a woman more money in her pocket to expand a business, it—they build new buildings. And when somebody builds a new building somebody has got to come and build the building. And when the building expanded it prevented additional opportunities for people to work."— George Bush, Lancaster, Pa., Oct. 3, 2007
'Lie of the Year:'If you like your health care plan, you can keep it'

President Barack Obama...

----------

"500 million Americans lose their jobs...."

Nancy Pelosi....

Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1111981 Apr 5, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
"One of my concerns is that the health care not be as good as it can possibly be."— George Bush on benefits provided to military personnel, Tipp City, Ohio, April 19, 2007
Sgt Icee

Grandville, MI

#1111982 Apr 5, 2014
John Wilkes Booth. 19th century hero transformed into a 21st century icon.
Sgt Icee

Grandville, MI

#1111983 Apr 5, 2014
He knew that protests didn't work. You all know it too.

Location hidden

#1111984 Apr 5, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! Stopping short.. I guess it's not the first time in your life someone told you that.
What is rather interesting is after I read your piece, a couple of articles just 'popped up' on the radar regarding heroin.
Pick a state. I'm sure yours is in there.... Haavud....
you are an idiot...

More progressive dope addiction....

the Gov of Vermont....

"Shumlin: The No. 1 threat to the Vermont way of life is drug addiction"

http://vtdigger.org/2014/01/08/shumlin-1-thre...

“Depends on the Day”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1111985 Apr 5, 2014
All president's make their fair share of blunders:

"One such translator was an American of Haitian descent, representative of the extraordinary work that our men and women in uniform do all around the world -- Navy Corpse-Man Christian Brossard." –mispronouncing "Corpsman" (the "ps" is silent) during a speech at the National Prayer Breakfast, Washington, D.C., Feb. 5, 2010 Obama
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1111986 Apr 5, 2014
killtaker wrote:
<quoted text>
You will have to use Google to find it....
Now don't get your pink panties all wet.... Oklahoma and Arkansas are 2 and 3....and they have lots and lots of Liberals living there...boy....WINK.....
'Press Release
Hawaii, Arkansas and Oklahoma Lead the Nation for Methamphetamine Use in the Workforce, Reveals Quest Diagnostics Drug Testing Index(TM)
Five-year data suggest methamphetamine's national decline has halted and that the drug's stronghold may be moving eastward
MADISON, N.J., Sept. 2, 2011 /PRNewswire via COMTEX'
find the link yourself....
"We found the weapons of mass destruction. We found biological laboratories ... And we'll find more weapons as time goes on. But for those who say we haven't found the banned manufacturing devices or banned weapons, they're wrong, we found them." -- George Bush, Washington, D.C., May 30, 2003

Location hidden

#1111987 Apr 5, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>"One of my concerns is that the health care not be as good as it can possibly be."— George Bush on benefits provided to military personnel, Tipp City, Ohio, April 19, 2007
'We have to pass the bill so that you can find out what is in it..."

Nancy Pelosi....

“Depends on the Day”

Location hidden

#1111988 Apr 5, 2014
some of the comments listed on the site are- I guess- fall in the just plain dumb section

Obama-"It's not surprising, then, they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations." –speaking at a San Francisco fundraiser about his troubles winning over some small-town, working-class voters, April 11, 2008

Although with Harry Reid such inappropriate rhetoric has become almost a daily occurrance

“Depends on the Day”

Location hidden

#1111989 Apr 5, 2014
Obama-""R-S-P-E-C-T. " --flubbing the spelling of Aretha Franklin's famous song "Respect" while paying tribute to the iconic singer, New York, NY (March 6, 2014)

Location hidden

#1111990 Apr 5, 2014
'You never want a serious crisis to go to waste..."

Rahm Emanuel

&li st=PL1E1B4B3FBC5558B2

“Depends on the Day”

Location hidden

#1111991 Apr 5, 2014
Obama-""We're not trying to push financial reform because we begrudge success that's fairly earned. I mean, I do think at a certain point you've made enough money. But, you know, part of the American way is, you know, you can just keep on making it if you're providing a good product or providing good service. We don’t want people to stop, ah, fulfilling the core responsibilities of the financial system to help grow our economy." —on Wall Street reform, Quincy, Ill., April 29, 2010

Location hidden

#1111992 Apr 5, 2014
"Porky Amendments....American people don't care...."

Sen Chuck Schumer...

Location hidden

#1111993 Apr 5, 2014
"A nation of cowards..."

US AG Holder.

“Depends on the Day”

Location hidden

#1111994 Apr 5, 2014
Last one and goodnight

Obama-""It was also interesting to see that political interaction in Europe is not that different from the United States Senate. There's a lot of -- I don't know what the term is in Austrian, wheeling and dealing." --confusing German for "Austrian," a language which does not exist, Strasbourg, France, April 6, 2009

Location hidden

#1111995 Apr 5, 2014
Guam could capsize....

Dem Hank Johnson...

Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1111996 Apr 5, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
All president's make their fair share of blunders:
"One such translator was an American of Haitian descent, representative of the extraordinary work that our men and women in uniform do all around the world -- Navy Corpse-Man Christian Brossard." –mispronouncing "Corpsman" (the "ps" is silent) during a speech at the National Prayer Breakfast, Washington, D.C., Feb. 5, 2010 Obama
"Soldiers, sailors, Marines, airmen, and Coastmen—Coast Guardmen, thanks for coming, thanks for wearing the uniform."— George Bush, the Pentagon, March 19, 2008

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 12 min Earthling-1 60,030
last post wins! (Apr '13) 33 min Red_Forman 1,108
last post wins! (Dec '10) 34 min Red_Forman 2,131
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Woj_Cebu 216,582
News Chicago Reacts to Orlando Shooting 5 hr Fa-Foxy 10
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 6 hr Anthony Scarpuzzi... 1,660
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 7 hr GEORGIA 2,681
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 8 hr Dregs Historian 102,451
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages